How is everyone going to react here when Journey wins gamespot GOTY award?

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#101 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

When? Awfully presumptuous.

The_Game21x

Well shut my mouth. He called it.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#102 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] you mom digs themRocker6

lol. She does dig a good mama joke. She likes laughing at the that tell 'em.

Might want to edit out the "r" word. Not worth it getting a suspension over this little fvck, especially on Christmas! ;)

Good call. I was just being honest though.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 heretrix

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

You couldn't see this one coming? It could be great, but I know it's the kind of game that will make me hate anyone that referred it to me. I'm pretty open minded about my games, I do after all, own all of the systems we discuss here, but I also know what I like and the type of game to avoid like the plague. Journey looks like that game that everyone hypes and when I play it I'm like WTF?

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]This is a 3/10 thread, but a 9/10 by your standards. Put more effort into the OP and less into being dumb.

This guy got owned so hard :lol:
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

heretrix

You couldn't see this one coming? It could be great, but I know it's the kind of game that will make me hate anyone that referred it to me. I'm pretty open minded about my games, I do after all, own all of the systems we discuss here, but I also know what I like and the type of game to avoid like the plague. Journey looks like that game that everyone hypes and when I play it I'm like WTF?

Part of me saw it coming, part of me thought they'd give the award to Dishonored or Guild Wars 2.

I dunno, I liked Journey for what it was and after playing it yesterday I can totally understand the GOTY awards but I also feel as though a game like this that isn't much of a game at all (it pretty much is push forward to win - the game) shouldn't be the game of the year winner because of that.

But whatever. Critics don't like being mainstream and picking mainstream games, even though, ironically, by trying to be different, their choice is becoming mainstream.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

Part of me saw it coming, part of me thought they'd give the award to Dishonored or Guild Wars 2.

I dunno, I liked Journey for what it was and after playing it yesterday I can totally understand the GOTY awards but I also feel as though a game like this that isn't much of a game at all (it pretty much is push forward to win - the game) shouldn't be the game of the year winner because of that.

But whatever. Critics don't like being mainstream and picking mainstream games, even though, ironically, by trying to be different, their choice is becoming mainstream.

Which explains why Skyrim sweeped GOTY awards last year, huh.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]You couldn't see this one coming? It could be great, but I know it's the kind of game that will make me hate anyone that referred it to me. I'm pretty open minded about my games, I do after all, own all of the systems we discuss here, but I also know what I like and the type of game to avoid like the plague. Journey looks like that game that everyone hypes and when I play it I'm like WTF?

heeweesRus

Against...what, exactly?

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

heretrix

cause its so emotional and it makes you feel so emotional walking through sand and emotional when you move. Did i mention it was emotional *bangs bongo drum*

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

Sorry but considering the wins by bioshock, mass effect 2, cod 4, red dead redemption, skyrim, gear of war and super Mario galaxy I think that that last sentence is utter none sense. I respect your opinion of the game but that statement is false.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

Against...what, exactly?

Why would Skyrim win GOTY if it is a mainstream game?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]You couldn't see this one coming? It could be great, but I know it's the kind of game that will make me hate anyone that referred it to me. I'm pretty open minded about my games, I do after all, own all of the systems we discuss here, but I also know what I like and the type of game to avoid like the plague. Journey looks like that game that everyone hypes and when I play it I'm like WTF?

ActicEdge

Sorry but considering the wins by bioshock, mass effect 2, cod 4, red dead redemption, skyrim, gear of war and super Mario galaxy I think that that last sentence is utter none sense. I respect your opinion of the game but that statement is false.

Perhaps I should've said "anymore". Times have changed.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#113 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

Halo 4 will win. Its Gamespot, they have a thing for Halo games.

The_Game21x

Which is why no Halo game has ever won GOTY from GameSpot? :?

Precisely.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Really counted this chicken before it hatched, eh Mi6? ;)

AdobeArtist
Wanna make a sticky so this crap does not pollute the forum? (Crap referring to the inevitable 8000 threads)
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Tc you psychic brah?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

finalfantasy94

cause its so emotional and it makes you feel so emotional walking through sand and emotional when you move. Did i mention it was emotional *bangs bongo drum*

Lol. If I want to get emotional, I just look at my bills for the month. Trust me, tears are flowing.

I may get it if a sale is good enough.

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

It's just getting warmed up....

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts