How is everyone going to react here when Journey wins gamespot GOTY award?

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16260 posts) -

It'll be funny, as a matter of fact after countless days of fanboys bashing the system because this time it didn't deliver as many high scoring retail exclusives as we're used to and then out of the blue the PSN downloadable library which is according to many, very lacking compared to XBL, gets this brilliant, unique, gorgeous looking gaming experience that charmed reviewers everywhere this year, which ends up winning GOTY, an achievement not a single exclusive XBL or Wii ware game has earned if i recall correctly.

Ironic, i remember the whole "LOL PS3 HAS NO AAAE WHAT AN AWFUL PIECE OF GARBAGE TROLOLOLOL" back in '07 and then MGS4 came out and got a 10.0 and left all fanboys scratching their heads.

#2 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

This'll be my reaction for any exclusive winning GoTY.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif

#3 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Thefatness16

Likewise, I'll just sit back, and enjoy the ride!

Hope Journey or GW 2 wins, I'm up for a good show, it'd be the Internet giving me a Christmas present! :D

#4 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -
I'm done bashing the hell out of it so everyone is free to circle jerk in peace if and when it wins.
#5 Posted by lundy86_4 (43543 posts) -

Thefatness16

Same.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (26654 posts) -
This is a 3/10 thread, but a 9/10 by your standards. Put more effort into the OP and less into being dumb.
#7 Posted by charizard1605 (58268 posts) -
Most people like it, so eh.
#8 Posted by Heil68 (45220 posts) -
I'd give a quick shout out and thanks to Sony.
#9 Posted by SkyRaid (2001 posts) -

I don't think it will.

IGN just wanted some nerd cred back.

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (40973 posts) -
Cows and lems will be going at it. Sheep and hermits will watch. That's how it always goes. I'll just lurk. Perhaps troll a little bit.
#11 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28122 posts) -
I'll be pleased that they got it right.
#12 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

I'm going to bring my thirst, going to be drinkng alot of tears.

#13 Posted by -Snooze- (7304 posts) -

The same way I reacted when playing it. Utter distaste and boredom

#14 Posted by Silverbond (16069 posts) -

This is a 3/10 thread, but a 9/10 by your standards. Put more effort into the OP and less into being dumb.Blabadon

#15 Posted by jg4xchamp (48378 posts) -
I think it would be somewhat deserved. It's good, it's unique, and some of the backlash is bleeding vagina territory.
#16 Posted by Obviously_Right (5101 posts) -

I will get drunk off the tears of non-cows.

#17 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
I like Journey but this thread is a colossal turd. So I'l defend my love of Journey somewhere else
#19 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

I'd just be surprised that movies could win video game awards.

#20 Posted by Chutebox (37373 posts) -

I would sit back and laugh at both sides going at it.

#21 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
I will laugh at you when it doesn't happen.
#22 Posted by OhSnapitz (18458 posts) -
The same way they'll react when Halo 4 wins.. ;)
#23 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

I would probably cry... a lot.

#24 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
It would be better than something like CoD winning that's for sure. :P
#25 Posted by MirkoS77 (7626 posts) -

I'd just be surprised that movies could win video game awards.

GD1551
Hasn't that already happened?
#26 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

Lol Journey cool and move on with my day. The PS3 will have a terrible year whether or not journey wins if that's the trash reasoning you're presenting.

#27 Posted by parkurtommo (27245 posts) -

It would be quite a show, a guaranteed show.

#28 Posted by parkurtommo (27245 posts) -

I will get drunk off the tears of non-cows.

Obviously_Right
Liking Journey is not exclusive to one faction...
#29 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42980 posts) -
Cows and PS3 fans alike will be relieved, and their arguments over the generation regarding the lack of worth behind downloadable games officially extinguished. More people will bring forward the pretentious stupidity of Journey being "more than a game."
#30 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34159 posts) -

I'd be so mad that I'd immediately log out of GS, scream into my pillow and not play video games for about a week.

nah jk Idgaf what wins GOTY here.

#31 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

it'll certainly cement the "downloadable games count" stance here.

#32 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

Cows and PS3 fans alike will be relieved, and their arguments over the generation regarding the lack of worth behind downloadable games officially extinguished. More people will bring forward the pretentious stupidity of Journey being "more than a game."Stevo_the_gamer

I plan on playing journey but the majority of games that reach sacred cow status generally underwhelm when I actually play them myself. My close friend said its actually quite good though so I suppose there is hope.

#33 Posted by Zero5000X (8218 posts) -
I think it will be Dishonored or maybe Guild Wars 2.
#34 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42980 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Cows and PS3 fans alike will be relieved, and their arguments over the generation regarding the lack of worth behind downloadable games officially extinguished. More people will bring forward the pretentious stupidity of Journey being "more than a game."ActicEdge

I plan on playing journey but the majority of games that reach sacred cow status generally underwhelm when I actually play them myself. My close friend said its actually quite good though so I suppose there is hope.

I have no interest in titles like this, hell, I only played their flOw game because it was free for a limited time--and that was relatively well received to the amazement of myself considering how dull and terrible it was. The oozing of frothing-drivel from the mouths of Journey fans stating notions like... "it's an emotional piece of art!" "you don't play Journey, you emotionally experience it." *facedesk*
#35 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

When? Awfully presumptuous.

Anyway, 360 fans will damage control, Cows will celebrate and claim "ownage" , all the while making massive hypocrites out of themselves after so many years of saying downloadable games don't count while Nintendo and PC fans will sit back with buckets of popcorn and watch the fighting unfold.

#36 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Cows and PS3 fans alike will be relieved, and their arguments over the generation regarding the lack of worth behind downloadable games officially extinguished. More people will bring forward the pretentious stupidity of Journey being "more than a game."ActicEdge

Hah, I know that feel. Heard lots of praise for those exclusives everywhere, bought me a PS3, yet I found most to be fairly underwhelming, and merely good.

Only ones that really stood out were MGS4, Heavy Rain, and Demon's Souls...

Still, easily the best gaming experience I had on the PS3 was Red Dead Redemption which is a... yep, a multiplat! ;)

#37 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Cows and PS3 fans alike will be relieved, and their arguments over the generation regarding the lack of worth behind downloadable games officially extinguished. More people will bring forward the pretentious stupidity of Journey being "more than a game."Rocker6

Hah, I know that feel. Heard lots of praise for those exclusives everywhere, bought me a PS3, yet I found most to be fairly underwhelming, and merely good.

Only ones that really stood out were MGS4, Heavy Rain, and Demon's Souls...

Still, easily the best gaming experience I had on the PS3 was Red Dead Redemption which is a... yep, a multiplat! ;)

yummy, these fanboy tears are gooooooooooood
#38 Posted by lundy86_4 (43543 posts) -

yummy, these fanboy tears are goooooooooooodChris_Williams

I'm not sure, on what planet, those appear to be tears :? I'd call it sound reasoning.

#39 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -
I didn't know the rock band had a video game.
#40 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]yummy, these fanboy tears are goooooooooooodlundy86_4

I'm not sure, on what planet, those appear to be tears :? I'd call it sound reasoning.

It's Chris, got butthurt badly a while ago, or so I heard, now, he just wastes his time being a bad wannabee troll...

Just pretend to be mad a little, and he should go away! :P

#41 Posted by lundy86_4 (43543 posts) -

It's Chris, got butthurt badly a while ago, or so I heard, now, he just wastes his time being a bad wannabee troll...

Rocker6

So sad. Trolls are getting worse, and worse, on this site.

#42 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

I will sit back and watch as the cows claim endless ownage and I will dish out 0 fvcks

#43 Posted by coasterguy65 (6027 posts) -

I'm guessing it will be a giant circle jerk for Ps3 fanboys (and really they do need something positive this year). Everybody else will move on with life, and probably have forgotten about the game by the middle of January.

The better question is what would happen to this place if Halo 4 wins...well other than total meltdown, and everybody at Gamespot getting death threats.

#44 Posted by Ncsoftlover (2111 posts) -

While I admit the chance of Journey winning is seeming more and more likely now, don't rule out Guild Wars 2, it is still very likely to win!

It won best RPG and best PC game over Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, Walking dead etc and just about every major game released this year.

#45 Posted by TheEroica (13710 posts) -
My goty is mass effect, what any publication thinks is fine by me... i really dont worry about stuff like that.
#46 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

I would be slightly suprised, but not incredibly so. It's a great game.

#47 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9822 posts) -
I would be pleased, if only to symbolize how bad this year was. This gen couldn't end soon enough
#48 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

lundy86_4

So sad. Trolls are getting worse, and worse, on this site.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29325776/alt-account-troll-infestation-on-system-wars.?page=0

post about it here. :)

#49 Posted by WithoutGraceXII (1797 posts) -
I'd be pretty surprised, even after it winning IGN's goty. I really think it'll be GW2 here.
#50 Posted by Ncsoftlover (2111 posts) -

Chance of winning gamespot GOTY to me

Guild Wars 2: 60%

Journey: 35%

Dishonored: 5%

Other games: no possibility