How Hype Works In Fan Bases

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by drekula2 (3283 posts) -

Zelda Fans
ZOMG BEST ZELDA GAME 10/10 , BEST GAME SINCE OCARINA OF TIME, ALL THE OTHER ONES WERE CRAP
(years later) OOHH NEW ZELDA GAME!! THE PREVIOUS ONE WAS CRAP. FINALLY, WE BEAT OCARINA OF TIME!

GTA Fans
50% of fans: OMG BEST GAME EVER 10/10
50% of fans: This game sucks, 7/10, Vice City was better

#2 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3186 posts) -

Fanboys protect their game no matter what. Even when gameplay and grahpic are not so good, then fanboys keep saying and ignoring all the facts that other games has better gameplay and grahpic.

In short... Fanboys ignores truth and protect their game by lying and making things up

#3 Posted by drekula2 (3283 posts) -

Yeah, but they conveniently complain about the game only when the next one is announced/

#4 Posted by killerfist (19984 posts) -

Alot of games have their honeymoon period in which everything seems perfect. This is nothing new and certainly not limited to just these games.

There is no point in arguing about or trying to understand fanboy logic. There is no logic.

#5 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

Same thing with console fanboys.

Fun thing is, while every fanboy complain, we; non fanboys, have fun playing those games/consoles :)

#6 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2143 posts) -

Really? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Zelda fans pretty much bash every single Zelda that isn't OoT when it comes out.

#7 Posted by PonchoTaco (2772 posts) -

Cuz Zelda

#8 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Then what do you say to somebody like me that owned 5 Zelda games before he bought A Link Between Worlds and thought all five of those Zelda games sucked (OoT was somewhat okay), but loves A Link Between Worlds?

#9 Edited by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

Really? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Zelda fans pretty much bash every single Zelda that isn't OoT when it comes out.

No they don't, People are saying WW is gorgeous and a fantastic Zelda now even though it was a globally annoying game before. I still think it's the most annoying zelda i've played. It's too damn tedious.

#10 Edited by PonchoTaco (2772 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

No they don't, People are saying WW is gorgeous and a fantastic Zelda now even though it was a globally annoying game before.

Where are we getting globally annoying from?

#11 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

No they don't, People are saying WW is gorgeous and a fantastic Zelda now even though it was a globally annoying game before. I still think it's the most annoying zelda i've played. It's too damn tedious.

I hated Wind Waker. I spent more time in a boat than anything else. Freaking boating sim is what it was.

#12 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9459 posts) -

Just live in the now. I hate hype sometimes.

#13 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

The Zelda fanbase is largely the opposite. Complains about every new game when it comes out, then when the next one gets announced they suddenly love the previous one. Wind Waker, for example. There's a reason that 4chan thread screencap gets posted so much.

#14 Posted by stuff238 (994 posts) -

Fanboys are gonna fan.

#15 Posted by speedfog (3462 posts) -

Cows: OMG OMG AN EXCLUSIVE FOR THE PLAYSTATION! AAAE CONFIRMED!

Afterwards:

flopflopflopflopflopflop