How has the PS3 outsold the X360?

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]People are smart when it comes to money. And people know they got screwed if they bought an Xbox, meanwhile, their investment into the PS2 was very worthwhile. This trust goes a long way into the success of the PS3 and the slow and steady decline of the 360.thinicer

KeyWii, I think you take your gaming far too seriously if you believe a video game console is an "investment."

An "investment" is something that helps put money in your pocket. Video game consoles depreciate over time and you keep spending money on them in the form of accessories and new games. It is most definitely not an investment. It's a cost center.

You don't buy video game systems to make money, you buy them to have fun. For the amount of fun gained per dollar, which is a better investment? PS2 or Xbox?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#152 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    Come on KeyWii. Spin the facts that the 360 is the current sales leader, and the PS3 is down by at least 7 million still. Spin the fact that the 360 has, for the last 4 months outsold the PS3. Spin the fact that the Wii is dominating the 360 and the PS3 in the last few months.
    You ignore this everytime I post it in any thread you are in, because you cannot argue it. Right now, gamers are choosing the Wii and the 360 over the PS3.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="KeyWii"] You don't buy video game systems to make money, you buy them to have fun. For the amount of fun gained per dollar, which is a better investment? PS2 or Xbox?

It varies person to person. That is an opinion.
Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
Not necessarily. If demand is 1 million consoles but you only supply 600,000 units................... the demand is not fulfilled regardless of territory. What makes matters worse is that more consoles were supplied to territories where there was clearly less demand. Both these situations account for the reason why comparing the X360 or Wii launch to the PS3 is lopsided since the Sony supplied many more units than actual demand but the others didn't.

RaveRabbid

I agree with the 360 supplying way to much to territories with low demand(ie. Japan). They should have just passed on Japan early to gain a massive lead in NA. They didn't, I think it was a huge mistake. They let systems sit on shelves in Japan instead of building a lead on the PS3. They have a lead now but I do feel that the PS3 will overtake it in 2008-2009 once the PS3 finally gets a little something called...GAMES.

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#155 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
[QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]People are smart when it comes to money. And people know they got screwed if they bought an Xbox, meanwhile, their investment into the PS2 was very worthwhile. This trust goes a long way into the success of the PS3 and the slow and steady decline of the 360.KeyWii

KeyWii, I think you take your gaming far too seriously if you believe a video game console is an "investment."

An "investment" is something that helps put money in your pocket. Video game consoles depreciate over time and you keep spending money on them in the form of accessories and new games. It is most definitely not an investment. It's a cost center.

You don't buy video game systems to make money, you buy them to have fun. For the amount of fun gained per dollar, which is a better investment? PS2 or Xbox?

I think that if I personally were faced with the choice I would want the PS2, because I believe it's a great console. It would be a better BUY for me, not an investment.
ko_threat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 ko_threat
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts
[QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]People are smart when it comes to money. And people know they got screwed if they bought an Xbox, meanwhile, their investment into the PS2 was very worthwhile. This trust goes a long way into the success of the PS3 and the slow and steady decline of the 360.KeyWii

Honestly, imo? Xbox would have been a better investment for me, but my family didnt have much money back then -.-.
tankg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 tankg11
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]People are smart when it comes to money. And people know they got screwed if they bought an Xbox, meanwhile, their investment into the PS2 was very worthwhile. This trust goes a long way into the success of the PS3 and the slow and steady decline of the 360.thinicer

Anything is an investment; A car is the worst investment possible, it depreciates by the thousand yearly. An investment is, the purchase or ownership of a security to make money by gaining income, increasing capital, or both. Investments may also include artwork, antiques and real estate.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"] You don't buy video game systems to make money, you buy them to have fun. For the amount of fun gained per dollar, which is a better investment? PS2 or Xbox?

It varies person to person. That is an opinion.

And 120 million people chose the PS2.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
[QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]People are smart when it comes to money. And people know they got screwed if they bought an Xbox, meanwhile, their investment into the PS2 was very worthwhile. This trust goes a long way into the success of the PS3 and the slow and steady decline of the 360.tankg11

Anything is an investment; A car is the worst investment possible, it depreciates by the thousand yearly. An investment is, the purchase or ownership of a security to make money by gaining income, increasing capital, or both. Investments may also include artwork, antiques and real estate.

Artwork, antiques and real estate are things that can appreciate over time, thereby putting money in your pocket. That is an investment.

A car is not an investment; it's a necessary cost. You need it in order to live, but it depreciates over time, you have to pay insurance on it, and you have to pay for repairs over its lifetime.

A video game console doesn't put a nickle in your pocket, thus it is not an investment.
tankg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 tankg11
Come on KeyWii. Spin the facts that the 360 is the current sales leader, and the PS3 is down by at least 7 million still. Spin the fact that the 360 has, for the last 4 months outsold the PS3. Spin the fact that the Wii is dominating the 360 and the PS3 in the last few months.
You ignore this everytime I post it in any thread you are in, because you cannot argue it. Right now, gamers are choosing the Wii and the 360 over the PS3.
SpruceCaboose
Of course its the sales leader it has had a year head start, please stop arguing over something that is common sense, this makes you seem real dense. And i think the last part of your post is an opinion because, many of the new articles from analyst say that the playstation 3 is gaining steam, and also is gaining more appeal to consumers
tankg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 tankg11
[QUOTE="tankg11"][QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]People are smart when it comes to money. And people know they got screwed if they bought an Xbox, meanwhile, their investment into the PS2 was very worthwhile. This trust goes a long way into the success of the PS3 and the slow and steady decline of the 360.thinicer

Artwork, antiques and real estate are things that can appreciate over time, thereby putting money in your pocket. That is an investment.

A car is not an investment; it's a necessary cost. You need it in order to live, but it depreciates over time, you have to pay insurance on it, and you have to pay for repairs over its lifetime.

A video game console doesn't put a nickle in your pocket, thus it is not an investment.

Hence when you read the definition i gave of investment it says capital, capital is wealth in the form of money or property owned by a person or business and human resources of economic value, so you are telling me that your system does not have value to you, a car is an investment because it is property that is owned by you, at least that is in the accounting sense.
Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
you know KeyWii makes a lot of sense(common he even gives you a dam graph). if anyone recently read the Cover Story of EGM, with the amazingly good interview with Sony's Jack Tretton, you'll kno wat i mean.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] Come on KeyWii. Spin the facts that the 360 is the current sales leader, and the PS3 is down by at least 7 million still. Spin the fact that the 360 has, for the last 4 months outsold the PS3. Spin the fact that the Wii is dominating the 360 and the PS3 in the last few months.
tankg11
Of course its the sales leader it has had a year head start, please stop arguing over something that is common sense, this makes you seem real dense. And i think the last part of your post is an opinion because, many of the new articles from analyst say that the playstation 3 is gaining steam, and also is gaining more appeal to consumers

Sorry, better sales from hard data are not an opinion. Anaylysts are opinions. Who looks dense now?
Pizza_Guy450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Pizza_Guy450
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_wars#World_wide_sales_figures_2 There, you're all wrong. The original gameboy has the best sales of all time, and this is, and allways will be, the greatest gaming console ever :) LOLOL Seriously, you all look like idiots.
Avatar image for XxX_Slython_XxX
XxX_Slython_XxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 XxX_Slython_XxX
Member since 2004 • 691 Posts
You could also argue that the 360 paved the path for a new generation, thus low sales (PS2, GC, and Xbox being significantly lower in price). In January the 360 outsold the PS3, if that makes any difference?
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]X360 has absolutely squandered its 1-YR lead. I don't know how on Earth the PS3 has outsold the X360 going from the same launch-to-date time frames.

• X360 launched in NA in Nov. of 2005.
  • X360 Launched Europe and Japan in December of 2005.
  • X360 Launched in Argentina and Mexico on February 2nd, 2006.
  • X360 launched in South Korea on February 24th, 2006.
MARCH . 2006. XBOX360 finally instock at retailers.
  • PS3 launched in Japan and NA in Nov of 2006.

Can anyone explain how the PS3 has out paced the X360? PS3 being in 4 less territores. PS3 being more expensive. And PS3 with arguably only 1 stand out game.
akuma303x
I guess it doesnt matter that the 360 was out of stock in most places till march. I guess it doesnt matter that the ebay time of the 360 was 4X that of the PS3. why not argue that the 360 had sold a 4.1 attach rate. and the PS3 only a 1.7 . but why argue that?

because everyone constantly said the ps3 wasnt selling when it was all sold out too. get ready for retribution. It will come swift. The age of lemmings is coming to a close.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

Except that the PS3 is still being outsold by the 360...Just check your local Best Buy.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]X360 has absolutely squandered its 1-YR lead. I don't know how on Earth the PS3 has outsold the X360 going from the same launch-to-date time frames.

Can anyone explain how the PS3 has out paced the X360? PS3 being in 4 less territores. PS3 being more expensive. And PS3 with arguably only 1 stand out game.
TheBigDrat

wow i get sick of seeing all of your threads. don't you have a life outside GS? anyway hasn't the Xbox360 been outselling the PS3 since it launched?

not sure about that but, that means nothing, the ps2 out sold them all including the wii, even this past holida season

gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
hmm since the ps3 launched its been outsold by the 360 each month. in the ps3 hottest selling points the 360 still outsold it. the ps3 is currently in last place when you look at sales, and it has the least amount of games out. jxditu
The PS3 is only being outsold by the 360 in NA,and not by a huge margin. Japan sales make a big differerence.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#170 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Vgcharts yay for a guessing site! I believe more in nexgenwars numbers then VG's there more conservative. While VG's is out of hand.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Truth_Hurts_U

because everyone constantly said the ps3 wasnt selling when it was all sold out too. get ready for retribution. It will come swift. The age of lemmings is coming to a close.Imallvol7

PS3 was only sold out for 2-3 weeks after launch... Then flood of photos started to poor in of PS3's collecting dust.

Even with launch supply greater then 360 launch supply... They can't even muster to sell them all out. 360 continues to sell better then the PS3 even after a year... What happen to Blu-Ray as a selling point?

5th_element

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 5th_element
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
Sorry man U are wrong!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
It's too early to tell either way if one or the other sold more within the same time-frame, but to be fair MS does use a more accurate definition of 'units sold' than Sony ;)

I personally consider this self ownage.
3picuri3
It would be if the site is question used Sony numbers...they don't.
Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
A vast amount of people had no intention of buying any next gen system till they were all out, so I think the race really began with sonys launch. I say wipe the slate clean, just check the numbers from sonys launch and see whose ahead. If you were to do that then you would have nintendo in first, microsoft in second, and ps3 in third. Each month that passes with nintendo and xbox outselling or selling around the same amount is not a good thing for sony, they are behind in numbers to a system that came out before theirs, and they are behind a system that came out after theirs. At some point they have to make up some ground on that ten million head start with microsoft, and they also have to figure a way to catch up with nintendo. Since january I could walk into pretty much any major retailer and get a ps3 which is very odd for a system that so many on this site say is so hot. 360 was sold out everywhere for a long time, very difficult to get for a long while, if they had more available they would have sold a lot more in those early months. Nintendo, like the 360, is still hard to find in these early months of its release. Doesn't it worry hardcore sony fans that this system is readily available and they are not selling out? Sony is trying to spin that supply being larger then demand is a good thing, I think thats basically a euphemism for saying sales are slow right now. For a system as new as ps3 they should still be relatively difficult to find, and they have been easy to find since january. Also, I think many sony fans are expecting this huge rush of system sales once a bunch of games come out, and certainly once more games come out it could help sales, but at 600 bucks they are never ever never going to fly off the shelf. I think sony fans need to just admit that sony priced themselves out of a lot of potential buyers, that price tag is going to be their ruin at the bottom of the pile. 
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Runningflame570

Actually it depends on what "Guess site" you want to go with...
SpruceCaboose
The problem here is that VGCharts.org is the sanctioned SW sales site and they use actual NPD/MediaCrate numbers for their figures.

Vgcharts yay for a guessing site! I believe more in nexgenwars numbers then VG's there more conservative. While VG's is out of hand.

Truth_Hurts_U
Nextgenwars IS a guessing site, with occasional updates when actual data comes in. Otherwise its a ticker that is completely inaccurate. VGCharts IS NOT a guessing site as sales data is only updated when relevant data comes in from reputable sources.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Truth_Hurts_U

Nextgenwars IS a guessing site, with occasional updates when actual data comes in. Otherwise its a ticker that is completely inaccurate. VGCharts IS NOT a guessing site as sales data is only updated when relevant data comes in from reputable sources.Runningflame570

So they say. I'll take Nexgenwars.. Thank you!

Not to hot and not to cold, but just right.

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Runningflame570

Truth_Hurts_U
Uhmm....WHAT? Look at when they update their information, compare it against the NPD and Mediacrate numbers and see the consistency. Now unplug your computer, tell your ISP to cease service and stay out.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Truth_Hurts_U
[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

Runningflame570

Uhmm....WHAT? Look at when they update their information, compare it against the NPD and Mediacrate numbers and see the consistency. Now unplug your computer, tell your ISP to cease service and stay out.

Defence mode activated.

Guess I won.

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Runningflame570

Defence mode activated.

Guess I won.

Truth_Hurts_U
I have an adverse reaction to BS. Also while we're at it, are you British?
black_sabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 black_sabra
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
They out paced xbox because they already have a secure fan base that will pay silly money for an upgrade and rubbish games! i bet if u renamed the gamegear and call it psp2 it will out sell the xbox360
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Truth_Hurts_U

I have an adverse reaction to BS. Also while we're at it, are you British?Runningflame570

Hey look at this.

***Taken from nexgenwars***

" NexGen Wars.com has spent countless hours researching sales facts from dozens of sources to track the worldwide sales of the consoles and monitor the next generation of console wars between the Microsoft Xbox 360, the Sony Playstation 3, and the Nintendo Wii. Remember, these numbers are only estimates, but they are constantly monitored and updated to assure the closest estimates possible for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii."

A site that tells it like it is and doesn't lie about their numbers being estimates... Gets my seal of approval.

Maybe you should get anger management? Maybe video games do cause violet behaver.

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Runningflame570
*snip*Truth_Hurts_U
"In preparing its research, VG Charts relies on the following methods: Industry Interviews VG Charts relies on an extensive base of industry contacts in videogame development, publishing, and distribution. By working closely with these sources we aim to obtain information from the sources closest to the markets as things are happening. Analysis of Sell-Through Data VG Charts analyzes sell-through data from a variety of different sources for Japan, the US, Europe, and rest of the world markets. VG Charts has one primary concern with regard to data collection services: the reliability of market data from any data service is subject to interpretation, and VG Charts verifies the accuracy of sell-through data by conducting interviews with industry executives and competing sell-through services, if available. By adjusting sell-through data to reflect industry feedback, we can create detailed analyses of market trends and provide accurate market statistics and projections." Care to tell me how nexgenwars.com can compare to that? Also, once again VGCharts.org is the official sales site for System Wars.
Rip870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Rip870
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts

[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]No link of sales saying PS3 is doing better than the 360 = fail. Sgt_Hale

wow...and it's sales are already leveling out.... that's really impressive :|

Actually the PS3 experience increased sales numbers for Jan which was the last recorded month... it's picking up momentum.

PS3 have sold more then xbox360 in month 2 and 3 and it havent even come out in europe .

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Truth_Hurts_U

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]*snip*Runningflame570
"In preparing its research, VG Charts relies on the following methods: Industry Interviews VG Charts relies on an extensive base of industry contacts in videogame development, publishing, and distribution. By working closely with these sources we aim to obtain information from the sources closest to the markets as things are happening. Analysis of Sell-Through Data VG Charts analyzes sell-through data from a variety of different sources for Japan, the US, Europe, and rest of the world markets. VG Charts has one primary concern with regard to data collection services: the reliability of market data from any data service is subject to interpretation, and VG Charts verifies the accuracy of sell-through data by conducting interviews with industry executives and competing sell-through services, if available. By adjusting sell-through data to reflect industry feedback, we can create detailed analyses of market trends and provide accurate market statistics and projections." Care to tell me how nexgenwars.com can compare to that? Also, once again VGCharts.org is the official sales site for System Wars.

Info from distribution... is not sales. All data is "subject to interpretation".... Meaning they can alter it any way they like.

No, thanks.

Nexgenwars > VG

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Runningflame570

Info from distribution... is not sales. All data is "subject to interpretation".... Meaning they can alter it any way they like.

No, thanks.

Nexgenwars > VG

Truth_Hurts_U
Way to pick and choose, they take all the information from distribution (their shipped numbers, which don't match the sold numbers) and all relevant industry information services (NPD, Mediacrate, ect.) and through those services and any number of other sources reach a middle-ground which is largely more accurate than the basement project known as nexgenwars.com. Your argument for nexgenwars is irrelevant here in any case as Vgcharts.org is the officially sanctioned sales tracking site of System Wars as approved by mods and voted upon by posters here (it won by an overwhelming margin).
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Truth_Hurts_U

Way to pick and choose, they take all the information from distribution (their shipped numbers, which don't match the sold numbers) and all relevant industry information services (NPD, Mediacrate, ect.) and through those services and any number of other sources reach a middle-ground which is largely more accurate than the basement project known as nexgenwars.com. Your argument for nexgenwars is irrelevant here in any case as Vgcharts.org is the officially sanctioned sales tracking site of System Wars as approved by mods and voted upon by posters here (it won by an overwhelming margin).Runningflame570

Thats all you come up with?

***shakes head***

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Runningflame570

***shakes head***

Truth_Hurts_U
Thats more than I needed to. The disclosure of individual sales data on a month-by-month basis to compare to generally accepted figures and the sheer amount of areas from which they draw their information is more than enough to put them ahead of nexgenwars which has none of this. There is no accountability for nexgenwars if they get something utterly wrong (and they do on a regular basis) vgcharts has accountability. VGCharts is the officially endorsed site on SW for a reason, its better than nexgenwars and the other sites people had nominated. So tell me, is your utterly pathetic prior post really all you could come up with?
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Truth_Hurts_U

Thats more than I needed to. The disclosure of individual sales data on a month-by-month basis to compare to generally accepted figures and the sheer amount of areas from which they draw their information is more than enough to put them ahead of nexgenwars which has none of this. There is no accountability for nexgenwars if they get something utterly wrong (and they do on a regular basis) vgcharts has accountability. VGCharts is the officially endorsed site on SW for a reason, its better than nexgenwars and the other sites people had nominated. So tell me, is your utterly pathetic prior post really all you could come up with?Runningflame570

I don't need to wright a book to get my point across maybe you should try it some time. Saves you on wrist cramps.

All data is "subject to interpretation"....

Spin it how you like it... Nexgenwars > VG. You aren't changing my chosen site because you said so. :lol:

"So tell me, is your utterly pathetic prior post really all you could come up with?"

Insults never get you any where. :wink:

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Runningflame570

I don't need to wright a book to get my point across maybe you should try it some time. Saves you on wrist cramps.

All data is "subject to interpretation"....

Spin it how you like it... Nexgenwars > VG. You aren't changing my chosen site because you said so. :lol:

"So tell me, is your utterly pathetic prior post really all you could come up with?"

Insults never get you any where. :wink:

Truth_Hurts_U
I don't have to deal with your BS fanboyism anymore "

***shakes head***

" is utterly pathetic spin it however you like...VG>>>>>Nexgenwars. You aren't changing my chosen site because you said so. BS will never get you anywhere. ;) See? I can do it too. Goodnight.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Truth_Hurts_U
I don't have to deal with your BS fanboyism anymore "

***shakes head***

" is utterly pathetic spin it however you like...VG>>>>>Nexgenwars. You aren't changing my chosen site because you said so. BS will never get you anywhere. ;) See? I can do it too. Goodnight.Runningflame570

Typical response. Very predictable from defensive people that insult others to make them feel good.

Thats right turn and run. ***do do do do dodo dooo*** Charge!

2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
http://ps3.qj.net/Japan-game-hardware-sales-as-of-February-25/pg/49/aid/84928 The data, coming from Japanese game market analyzers Media Create, reports the following console and handheld sales totals for the week ending February 25: 1. DS: 136,260 2. PSP: 100,210 3. Wii: 78,506 4. PS3: 19,315 5. 360: 4,183 4. > 5.
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

MARCH . 2006. XBOX360 finally instock at retailers.

akuma303x

I guess it doesnt matter that the 360 was out of stock in most places till march. I guess it doesnt matter that the ebay time of the 360 was 4X that of the PS3. why not  argue that the 360 had sold a 4.1 attach rate. and the PS3 only a 1.7 . but why argue that?

Out of Stock???? I was PS3 with the bigger out of stock issues?

Are you suggesting that Ebayed 360's sold for more than PS3. I highlyyyyyyyyyyyyy Doubt.

And no one cares about that last line since its off topic

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

[QUOTE="Runningflame570"][QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]*snip*Truth_Hurts_U

No, thanks.

Nexgenwars > VG

Nextgenwars????

Hells No

360 Hasn't sold 10.6 million . fact

PS3 Has sold WAYYYY MOre than 1.5 million.

Would you like some proof

JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
The 360 had supply problems. The PS3 has demand problems...
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts
The 360 had supply problems. The PS3 has demand problems...JimmyT2
QFT ! / good job, way to cut through the BS with just one line - Gold Star for You.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

Runningflame570

Except that VGCharts has proven that they DON'T update when NPD data is released. Also, as we have said time and time again, NPD data itself is flawed and missing major parts of the retail sector in the US.
    Like I said, they are both guessing sites, as neither are accurate, and I believe, on SW, both NGWars and VGCharts were left in favor of numbers from the companies themselves. But you know fanboys, they will grab numbers from any site as long as they agree with them.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="2largeadults"]http://ps3.qj.net/Japan-game-hardware-sales-as-of-February-25/pg/49/aid/84928 The data, coming from Japanese game market analyzers Media Create, reports the following console and handheld sales totals for the week ending February 25: 1. DS: 136,260 2. PSP: 100,210 3. Wii: 78,506 4. PS3: 19,315 5. 360: 4,183 4. > 5.

In the US
        November - NPD shows 197,000 PS3 systems sold for the month, while the Wii managed to move 476,000 units. The Xbox 360 bested them both, though not by much, sporting sales of 511,000 for the month.   
    December - David Riley, Senior Marketing Manager with the NPD Group, a global marketing and retail statistics firm, sent us the December 2006 sales numbers, and of the consoles, Microsoft dominated. According to the numbers, the Microsoft XBox 360 sold 1.1 million units in December as compared to 490,700 units sold for the PS3.
    January - The Wii sold just shy of 450,000 units, while the Xbox 360 sold 294,000 units, and the PS3 sold 244,000 units.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

Nextgenwars????

Hells No

360 Hasn't sold 10.6 million . fact

PS3 Has sold WAYYYY MOre than 1.5 million.

Would you like some proof

Runningflame570

Hahahahahahahahaha...Seriously, if you believe PS3 sales are much better than that, I have a bridge to sell you. Have you been to a major retailer lately? I can't comment on the 360 having sold 10.6 million systems (as I doubt my Best Buy accounts for all of them), but the PS3 isn't outselling the 360 EVEN NOW. Fact of the matter is, most people balk at the $600 price tag. The only people that think the PS3 is selling well are the head honchos over at Sony, and I think we all remember how that turned out:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/kotaku-magu/kotaku-magu-tretton-offers-to-buy-unsold-ps3s-for-1200-235204.php

aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
Why do people compare 360 launch to ps3 launch? A console launching late has to compete with the current competition, not the competition one year ago. Xbox and GC sold a lot more at launch compared to the ps2 launch sales, but that did not stop the ps2 from wining overall.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
PS3 has outsold 360 in North America if you look back at 360's numbers back then, but 360 was also in Europe and other territories, which PS3 is not, and therefore had less available units to supply to North America. Like say each console only launched with 1 million units altogether. PS3 just launched in the US, and threw all 1 million there and sold em out. Say 360 spread those 1 million between 3 regions of North America, Japan, and Europe. Of course North America 360 sales then will be lower during the same period.