How has the PS3 outsold the X360?

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
xxxxThe_GoaTxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
Member since 2004 • 1841 Posts
Whatever helps you sleep better at night I suppose. I don't know why you hate the Xbox 360 so much. Either way, it's ahead in worldwide sales. Comparing sales from different time frames is kind of a weak argument but go ahead if it makes you feel better about any predicament in question. Puckhog04
QFT could not have said it better myself.
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
hmm since the ps3 launched its been outsold by the 360 each month. in the ps3 hottest selling points the 360 still outsold it. the ps3 is currently in last place when you look at sales, and it has the least amount of games out. jxditu
Console sales always ramp up after launch. You're not going to see huge figures in the first three months that outsell a console that's been out for years. The only fair thing to do is to compare the respective launch periods for sales data. And are we forgetting that the largest market still hasn't even received the PS3 yet?
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 aDDiKt24
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]Now that I see the graph, this thread actually valid.KeyWii
It's okay. lemmings will ignore this thread because they have no answers as to why our "failed" system has fared better, despite everything the 360 had going for it.

Actually I know the answer. Its very simple. Cows are more brianwashed then Lemmings are. There are more Cows then lemmings, not here on GS, but around the world and in the territories where it has launched. Its was always going to sell well on launch. We are 3 months in and you claim ownage knowing this.

That "Failed" system of yours has had some very bad publicity, but anyone with a brain would realise it was always going to sell well on launch. Sony built up hype and didnt deliver on alot of their promises, you know this as well as I do. You have other things to worry about. Who cares about sales? Do you work for Sony? Then why should it matter to you? I really couldnt care if the PS3 outsells the 360, it means nothing to me. To fanboys, it means everything. Which is really sad.

To most people, probably not you, consoles are all about gaming. The PS3 still has no AAA title. When you compare the launch lineup of the PS3 to the 360, you get owned. Shouldnt you be worried about this? I would be, but I dont have a PS3 yet. Im going to wait for a price drop like alot of people who arnt diehard cows.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]It has not outsold the 360 anywhere but Japan. Not in total sales, not in US sales, and not in European sales.THEKING1337
Wrong. Read the first page graphs before pretending to know what you're talking about.

Again, you are using VGCharts graphs of launch frame to launch time frame. I know what I am talking about, and that is a flawed comparison to say the least.

It is a valid comparison, and the only way to compare both fairly and accurately. Because the PS3 has not been out on the market for the same time period. You would rather me compare a 16 month year old consoles' sales to a 4 month old consoles sales. That is a flawed comparison.

either way kiiway, the xbox 360 has further advanced it lead over the ps3 in the last 3 months by outselling the ps3 in the u.s.-----then you gotta factor in the other 36 countries it is also outselling the ps3 in....japan the only exception and that is weak because the ps3 sales there a low.

No matter how you want to look at it, no one expected PS3 sales to be so close to the 360's already with only a couple dozen games and being more expensive.... the PS3 is picking up serious momentum and will likely be outselling the 360 by the fall when more of the heavy titles start landing. The 360 couldn't and didn't do the same sales numbers with so few games.

GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 GoldenEye005
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
Lemmings just answer the op's question on why the ps3 is selling faster than the box thats all cant get any simpler.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    And for the last time, stop this junk. You will never have the 360 and PS3 catch each other in a time frame, SINCE TIME TRAVEL IS NOT AN OPTION! Are you seriously telling me that you are always going to use year old sales data from the 360 when you compare sales to the PS3? The PS3 launched a year late. That was Sony's fault for having to delay for Blu-Ray. Don't hold that against the 360.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SpruceCaboose
Lemmings just answer the op's question on why the ps3 is selling faster than the box thats all cant get any simpler.GoldenEye005

I just answered it on why it sold faster launch to launch.
RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 RCade3
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
[QUOTE="Roushrsh"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]X360 has absolutely squandered its 1-YR lead. I don't know how on Earth the PS3 has outsold the X360 going from the same launch-to-date time frames.

• X360 launched in NA in Nov. of 2005.
  • X360 Launched Europe and Japan in December of 2005.
  • X360 Launched in Argentina and Mexico on February 2nd, 2006.
  • X360 launched in South Korea on February 24th, 2006.

• PS3 launched in Japan and NA in Nov of 2006.

Can anyone explain how the PS3 has out paced the X360? PS3 being in 4 less territores. PS3 being more expensive. PS3 having competition on TWO fronts, where the X360 had absolutely no next-gen competition. And PS3 with arguably only 1 stand out game.
KeyWii
the 360 was worse than the PS2 back then ( not that it isnt right now :P)

You're right. The PS2 still outsells the X360... it has not convinced many people.

The PS2 still outsells the PS3... it has not convinced many people.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]Now that I see the graph, this thread actually valid.aDDiKt24
It's okay. lemmings will ignore this thread because they have no answers as to why our "failed" system has fared better, despite everything the 360 had going for it.

Actually I know the answer. Its very simple. Cows are more brianwashed then Lemmings are. There are more Cows then lemmings, not here on GS, but around the world and in the territories where it has launched. Its was always going to sell well on launch. We are 3 months in and you claim ownage knowing this

That "Failed" system of yours has had some very bad publicity, but anyone with a brain would realise it was always going to sell well on launch. Sony built up hype and didnt deliver on alot of their promises, you know this as well as I do. You have other things to worry about. Who cares about sales? Do you work for Sony? Then why should it matter to you? I really couldnt care if the PS3 outsells the 360, it means nothing to me. To fanboys, it means everything. Which is really sad.

To most people, probably not you, consoles are all about gaming. The PS3 still has no AAA title. When you compare the launch lineup of the PS3 to the 360, you get owned. Shouldnt you be worried about this? I would be, but I dont have a PS3 yet. Im going to wait for a price drop like alot of people who arnt diehard cows.

There are more Playstation fans than Xbox fans around the world, you're right. And thats exactly the reason why we'll win this console war.
iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 iwo4life
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]X360 has absolutely squandered its 1-YR lead. I don't know how on Earth the PS3 has outsold the X360 going from the same launch-to-date time frames.

• X360 launched in NA in Nov. of 2005.
  • X360 Launched Europe and Japan in December of 2005.
  • X360 Launched in Argentina and Mexico on February 2nd, 2006.
  • X360 launched in South Korea on February 24th, 2006.

• PS3 launched in Japan and NA in Nov of 2006.

Can anyone explain how the PS3 has out paced the X360? PS3 being in 4 less territores. PS3 being more expensive. And PS3 with arguably only 1 stand out game.
TheBigDrat
wow i get sick of seeing all of your threads. don't you have a life outside GS? anyway hasn't the Xbox360 been outselling the PS3 since it launched?

He has no life yet you see ALL of his threads. Nice.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sgt_Hale
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]Now that I see the graph, this thread actually valid.aDDiKt24

Actually I know the answer. Its very simple. Cows are more brianwashed then Lemmings are. There are more Cows then lemmings, not here on GS, but around the world and in the territories where it has launched. Its was always going to sell well on launch. We are 3 months in and you claim ownage knowing this.

This is one of the FEW sites on which the PS3 doesn't have any AAA titles.... so no, most cows aren't worried about that.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SpruceCaboose

There are more Playstation fans than Xbox fans around the world, you're right. And thats exactly the reason why we'll win this console war.
KeyWii

Users =/= Fans
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Whatever helps you sleep better at night I suppose. I don't know why you hate the Xbox 360 so much. Either way, it's ahead in worldwide sales. Comparing sales from different time frames is kind of a weak argument but go ahead if it makes you feel better about any predicament in question. KeyWii
You offer the weak argument. You' want to compare worldwide sales on a 16 month old console in many different territories to a 4 month old console in 2 different territories. You think thats a strong argument? A fair and accurate portrayal?

so what can you say about the 360 outselling the ps3 since it was released?
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]

SpruceCaboose

Users =/= Fans

Well he used the words lemmings and cows, and most people around the world probably don't label themselves those stupid animal names. Thus, I changed it to fans.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SpruceCaboose
Since I answered the cows question, and did so without flaming, please answer mine.
    Why, since the PS3 has launched, has the 360 AND the Wii outsold the PS3 in total sales in every month since November 2006?
klactose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 klactose
Member since 2003 • 1167 Posts
Smoke & Mirrors.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]

KeyWii

Users =/= Fans

Well he used the words lemmings and cows, and most people around the world probably don't label themselves those stupid animal names. Thus, I changed it to fans.

Most people who own a system are not fanboys of that system. Most use it because it has something that appeals to them outside of the name. If every PS2 user was a fanboy, the PS3 would have millions upon millions of sales. Alas, people switch brands in gaming much like most people will go with whatever TV gives the best value to them.
GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GoldenEye005

And for the last time, stop this junk. You will never have the 360 and PS3 catch each other in a time frame, SINCE TIME TRAVEL IS NOT AN OPTION! Are you seriously telling me that you are always going to use year old sales data from the 360 when you compare sales to the PS3? The PS3 launched a year late. That was Sony's fault for having to delay for Blu-Ray. Don't hold that against the 360.SpruceCaboose

So whats your excuse on the PS2 outselling your x-flop.

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Whatever helps you sleep better at night I suppose. I don't know why you hate the Xbox 360 so much. Either way, it's ahead in worldwide sales. Comparing sales from different time frames is kind of a weak argument but go ahead if it makes you feel better about any predicament in question. jxditu
You offer the weak argument. You' want to compare worldwide sales on a 16 month old console in many different territories to a 4 month old console in 2 different territories. You think thats a strong argument? A fair and accurate portrayal?

so what can you say about the 360 outselling the ps3 since it was released?

That would be comparing an older console with more games to a newer console with fewer games.

I can do the same thing. Watch.

"so what can you say about the PS2 outselling the X360 since it was released.... for like a whole frigging year?" If the PS3 doesn't outsell the X360 in a years worth of time, call me owned. However, we both know PS3 will do that in March with the many new games and launch of Europe.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]

SpruceCaboose

Users =/= Fans

Most people who own a system are not fanboys of that system. Most use it because it has something that appeals to them outside of the name. If every PS2 user was a fanboy, the PS3 would have millions upon millions of sales. Alas, people switch brands in gaming much like most people will go with whatever TV gives the best value to them.

The PS3 does have millions upon millions of sales.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] And for the last time, stop this junk. You will never have the 360 and PS3 catch each other in a time frame, SINCE TIME TRAVEL IS NOT AN OPTION! Are you seriously telling me that you are always going to use year old sales data from the 360 when you compare sales to the PS3? The PS3 launched a year late. That was Sony's fault for having to delay for Blu-Ray. Don't hold that against the 360.GoldenEye005

Its not my anything. The PS2 outsold the Xbox because the PS2 had more games, better exclusives, and great developer support, and it had built up a great headstart in a years time.
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 aDDiKt24
[QUOTE="aDDiKt24"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]Now that I see the graph, this thread actually valid.KeyWii

Actually I know the answer. Its very simple. Cows are more brianwashed then Lemmings are. There are more Cows then lemmings, not here on GS, but around the world and in the territories where it has launched. Its was always going to sell well on launch. We are 3 months in and you claim ownage knowing this

Well your losing at the moment when comparing month to month sale figures so I guess it means alot of people are waiting for a price drop. Sony says they wont drop the price for a while which in turn gives the 360 more time to extend its lead. I will not buy a PS3 untill its price drops or untill a number of good games come out for it. Still no AAA. The game line up so far for the PS3 flops hard, or do you disagree?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]

KeyWii

Users =/= Fans

No, it has a million upon one other million. No where near the 120 million users of the PS2 you claim are "fans"
GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GoldenEye005
[QUOTE="GoldenEye005"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] And for the last time, stop this junk. You will never have the 360 and PS3 catch each other in a time frame, SINCE TIME TRAVEL IS NOT AN OPTION! Are you seriously telling me that you are always going to use year old sales data from the 360 when you compare sales to the PS3? The PS3 launched a year late. That was Sony's fault for having to delay for Blu-Ray. Don't hold that against the 360.SpruceCaboose

Its not my anything. The PS2 outsold the Xbox because the PS2 had more games, better exclusives, and great developer support, and it had built up a great headstart in a years time.

Iam not talking about the original x-flop sorry I am talking about the other box that came out 4 years after that. The 360 I belive its called.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Sgt_Hale
Since I answered the cows question, and did so without flaming, please answer mine.
    Why, since the PS3 has launched, has the 360 AND the Wii outsold the PS3 in total sales in every month since November 2006?
SpruceCaboose
What the Wii is doing is impressive and no one can take away from that. But recent sales support that the 360 is not likely to compete once the PS3's game library grows. The 360 didn't start building its sales until it's library grew..... and yet it only outsold the PS3 by less than 50k when the PS3 has less than 1/4 of the game library. The 360 is a decent console but it just can't offer the same experience as the PS3 and most ppl know that going in...
DHReese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DHReese
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts

How many hours can we go without a PS3/360 outsell thread? I think it a case of...

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SpruceCaboose
That would be comparing an older console with more games to a newer console with fewer games.

"so what can you say about the PS2 outselling the X360 since it was released.... for like a whole frigging year?"KeyWii

And that is simple. A $130 system with hundreds upon hundreds of good games against a $400 system with 99 games.
    Your turn. Come on. Say it. A $600 with 16 games against a $400 system with 99 games. Which is more appealing to the average gamer?
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]

SpruceCaboose

Users =/= Fans

No, it has a million upon one other million. No where near the 120 million users of the PS2 you claim are "fans"

I never claimed all 120 million PS2 users were fans. It was another poster who said the Playstation brand had more fans than the Xbox brand, thus stronger sales for the PS3 than X360. I agree with that assessment.
RaveRabbid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 RaveRabbid
Member since 2006 • 1587 Posts

Considering that Sony has done a great job of supplying the demand over the past several months (more consoles and less demand), I was expecting Sony to sell over a million in the U.S. quickly. I was also expecting Sony to sell over 1 million in Japan by this time (which disappointingly hasn't happened).

MS couldn't supply the market with enough consoles to satisfy the demand until March. Sales for April, May and June spike for the U.S. as demand is fulfilled. In Japan, the Xbox 360 barely sold............. at 2000 - 3000 units a week after the first month. Compare that to Japan that sold over 70,000 units a week during the 2nd month.

Your answer: Supply and Demand (the basic frabric of economy).

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Since I answered the cows question, and did so without flaming, please answer mine.
Sgt_Hale
What the Wii is doing is impressive and no one can take away from that. But recent sales support that the 360 is not likely to compete once the PS3's game library grows. The 360 didn't start building its sales until it's library grew..... and yet it only outsold the PS3 by less than 50k when the PS3 has less than 1/4 of the game library. The 360 is a decent console but it just can't offer the same experience as the PS3 and most ppl know that going in...

50 thousand units is alot when you are talking about the dead zone that is Jan and Feb. Especially with the great success of the Wii.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
I like how all the MS fanboys are bashing keywii for arguing on fair ground, then saying it's only fair to compare the 16 month old system to the 4 month old one.. ya.. that makes sense... Pretty much every console sells better as it goes on (with the 2nd and 3rd years being the biggest) Ps2 sold 24 million units one year.. and it wasent its first... 360 will probably keep selling more for awile... but your much more of a fanboy if you think it's fair to compare the systems as is, but unfair to compare them on a time-by-time basis..
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]

KeyWii

Users =/= Fans

I never claimed all 120 million PS2 users were fans. It was another poster who said the Playstation brand had more fans than the Xbox brand, thus stronger sales for the PS3 than X360. I agree with that assessment.

And where are those "stronger sales"? Going to the Wii? Some to the 360?
GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GoldenEye005

SpruceCaboose

Head start and 360 does have a larger library with lots of variety. But PS3 will close the gap sooner than you think and with this EU release it will have many features that are going to be trough download in the US, going to please many people.

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]That would be comparing an older console with more games to a newer console with fewer games.

"so what can you say about the PS2 outselling the X360 since it was released.... for like a whole frigging year?"SpruceCaboose

And that is simple. A $130 system with hundreds upon hundreds of good games against a $400 system with 99 games.
Your turn. Come on. Say it. A $600 with 16 games against a $400 system with 99 games. Which is more appealing to the average gamer?

Exactly. So we compare consoles going from launch-to-date time frames. Where things are on an equal level. And what do we find? The X360 is beat by the PS2, the PS3, and the Wii.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="cheatymcshifty"]I like how all the MS fanboys are bashing keywii for arguing on fair ground, then saying it's only fair to compare the 16 month old system to the 4 month old one.. ya.. that makes sense... Pretty much every console sells better as it goes on (with the 2nd and 3rd years being the biggest) Ps2 sold 24 million units one year.. and it wasent its first... 360 will probably keep selling more for awile... but your much more of a fanboy if you think it's fair to compare the systems as is, but unfair to compare them on a time-by-time basis..

Sorry, but no. I already told you why launch to launch was flawed, not the least of which is that you will never have the 360 and the PS3 in the time frame. You cannot use the excuse for the whole gen that the time frames don't match up. They are both out, the public can see what all the machines can do, and they are buying, in order, Wiis, then 360s, then PS3s.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]That would be comparing an older console with more games to a newer console with fewer games.

"so what can you say about the PS2 outselling the X360 since it was released.... for like a whole frigging year?"KeyWii

Exactly. So we compare consoles going from launch-to-date time frames. Where things are on an equal level. And what do we find? The X360 is beat by the PS2, the PS3, and the Wii.

No, we go from right now, when the consumers can see what they are getting from each system.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
PS3 hasn't necessarily sold more - you just choose to use stats from a site with flawed metrics. The mere fact that Sony and MS report sales figures different should stop you from banging your head against the wall over this. It's too early to tell either way if one or the other sold more within the same time-frame, but to be fair MS does use a more accurate definition of 'units sold' than Sony ;)

I personally consider this self ownage.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 KeyWii
And where are those "stronger sales"? Going to the Wii? Some to the 360?
SpruceCaboose
Now you're pretending like you never even read the first page of the thread. The PS3 has outsold X360 despite everything the X360 had going for it and everything the PS3 had going against it. Face it.
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 aDDiKt24
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]

KeyWii

Users =/= Fans

Keywii you like to twist peoples words to suit your argument. You lack skills in comprehension and obviously are a selective reader. True Cows fashion I assure you. I said that there are more cows then lemmings around the world which would in turn give the PS3 a better launch then the 360, not stronger sales, because if you use your eyes the 360 has had stronger sales. Dont compare past and future compare nowdays and compare things that are in the same gen. You dont compare fighting games to racing games do you? So you tell me which console sold more consoles last month? I dont want to hear your argument of how we shouldnt compare them. Tell me the truth, thats all I want, so we can end this thread.
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts
I'm with KeyWii on this one.  Even with the negative media/hype, +$200 pricetag, and lack of games... the PS3 is selling at a faster rate right this very moment.  The facts is in the graphs.  Also, X360 is relying too heavily on the one-hit wonders.  Focusing on select games such as Halo 3, Mass Effect, and GeoW is precisely what Xbox 1 did and the reason they didn't do so hot.

When I take a peek at the forcast of games, I see variety when looking into PS3's catalogue.  I also see a very solid well built, reliable, and feature-packed console.  I imagine with just a price drop and a few exclusive games is all Sony will need to get back on track (which is the top).

As someone mentioned earlier.. this isn't a sprint!  It's a marathon.  X360 got the jump start and the Wii has pulled ahead for the first few miles but everyone's in it to win it and we've got a LONG way to go.  Impossible to tell at this point.  The question I have is will the X360 and especially the Wii run out of gas before the end?
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 KeyWii
No, we go from right now, when the consumers can see what they are getting from each system.
SpruceCaboose
Where the data favors the X360? By only a paltry 50k units?
jd7-03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 jd7-03
Member since 2003 • 6140 Posts
PS3, 1.5 million sold, 360= 10.5 million sold.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] And where are those "stronger sales"? Going to the Wii? Some to the 360?
KeyWii
Now you're pretending like you never even read the first page of the thread. The PS3 has outsold X360 despite everything the X360 had going for it and everything the PS3 had going against it. Face it.

Give me sales numbers from November 2006, December 2006, January 2007, and February 2007 and tell me the PS3 is outselling the 360.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Sgt_Hale

[QUOTE="Sgt_Hale"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Since I answered the cows question, and did so without flaming, please answer mine.
SpruceCaboose

50 thousand units is alot when you are talking about the dead zone that is Jan and Feb. Especially with the great success of the Wii.

lol, it's not a lot for a console that is $200 cheaper and has over 100 games compared to one that has less than 30.:o

There are just more ppl looking forward to the games coming out on the PS3 and as the library grows... the 360 is in trouble. Like you said, look at the Wii. It only costs $50 less than the 360 and nearly had double the amount of sales of the 360 with a weaker lineup of games! The 360 is just losing momentum. This battle will be between Ninty and Sony.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] No, we go from right now, when the consumers can see what they are getting from each system.
KeyWii

Right there, you just said the 360 is outselling the PS3. I don't care by how much, you admit you are twisting both logic and words right there.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Since I answered the cows question, and did so without flaming, please answer mine.

Sgt_Hale

You know, you keep bringing up game libraries like it's everything. I agree that it is important, but the PS3s that were sold in January was largely in part to residual pent-up demand that was left over from the holidays. Those that spent November and December looking for a PS3, but were unsuccessful, found better luck in January and made their purchases so they could be happy - the Playstation fans who would buy the system at any price and no matter what games were available on it.

Once this market segment is saturated (and I believe it already has been) Sony will need to rely on consumers who are more price sensitive and content sensitive. February will be very telling once the results come out. It will be the first real indicator of just how the non-fanboy market percieves the PS3
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 aDDiKt24
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] No, we go from right now, when the consumers can see what they are getting from each system.
KeyWii

The 360 still outsold you beloved PS3. Do you admit ownage? And I like how you worded it "By only a paltry 50k units".
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] And where are those "stronger sales"? Going to the Wii? Some to the 360?
SpruceCaboose

Give me sales numbers from November 2006, December 2006, January 2007, and February 2007 and tell me the PS3 is outselling the 360.

That's comparing a 1 year old console available on a global scale to a brand new console, a 13 month old console to a 1 month old console, a 14 month old console to a 2 month old console, a 15 month old console to a 3 month old console, and a 16 month old console to a 4 month old console. By the way, you do know the PS3 will outsell the X360 for the month of March, right? You better be prepared for it.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Sgt_Hale"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]Since I answered the cows question, and did so without flaming, please answer mine.
Sgt_Hale

lol, it's not a lot for a console that is $200 cheaper and has over 100 games compared to one that has less than 30.:o

There are just more ppl looking forward to the games coming out on the PS3 and as the library grows... the 360 is in trouble. Like you said, look at the Wii. It only costs $50 less than the 360 and nearly had double the amount of sales of the 360 with a weaker lineup of games! The 360 is just losing momentum. This battle will be between Ninty and Sony.

No, there are many many more people BUYING THE $250 WII THAN ANYTHING. The people aren;t waiting from some sign from up above. Nintendo is killing in this gen. Sony isn't going to have some magical sales jump until they LOWER THE PRICE. Same can be said for the 360.