how does blizzard get away with ruining diablo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

When I was in grade 5 and my friend showed me that Diablo 1 had battle.net it was the best game ive ever played in my life. Moved on to diablo 2. Played that for years on and off. Have memories of scamming kids, magic finding, rushing, making clans, trading, guessing room name and passwords like fire/fire and seeing 2 guys in the rogue encampent with a shit load of gear all over the floor and start immediately picking everything up.

had 1 kid say to me "im going to rush you, but dont leave game ok?" (obvious hes transfering something)

rushing to every single act looking for the item he placed. Made it to act 4, he joins the session, I see on my minimap he transported to act 4. I start heading to the stairs, hes heading to the stairs, I see ENIGMA at the bottom of the stairs, I click it once, doesnt pick up, click it twice, doesnt pick up, he comes 5 feet near me, 3rd times the charm, scored the rarest item in the game, HELL YEAH!!!

how the FUCK!? does blizzard ruin my game, I didnt even buy the game, thats how much i knew how much trash it was.

#2 Edited by Heil68 (40381 posts) -

WTF are you trying to say?

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (4482 posts) -

Well to be fare Diablo was always pretty crappy. You Just noticing that now ?

#4 Edited by Innovazero2000 (3117 posts) -

In your opinion would be appropriate Lulu as a great many including myself enjoyed the first two.

I didn't experience Diablo 3 until the 360 release, a handful of buddies picked it up. I never played the PC version as I was wiry from the things I heard including that awful Auction House. I actually enjoyed the console version and its very seemless MP experience. I played pretty hardcore for a little over a month and then the lot of us dropped it. We had at least one max character with the lot having at least two. It turned into a boring grind fest... had there been at least one or two more acts, it may still be in the disk tray. I would like to try the DLC coming out however.

#5 Posted by Muffin2020 (492 posts) -

When I was in grade 5 and my friend showed me that Diablo 1 had battle.net it was the best game ive ever played in my life. Moved on to diablo 2. Played that for years on and off.

That's your problem there. You expectations of the game where so high because the first 2 had nothing like it.

Play the console versions as they fix all the loot and easy mode issues.

#6 Edited by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

Well to be fare Diablo was always pretty crappy. You Just noticing that now ?

is your name after lulu from league? because if it is im the #1 lulu got it?

#7 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (4482 posts) -

@ JustSignedUp

I have no clue what you're on about...... And I like it ! :D haha !

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (4482 posts) -

@ Innovazero2000

The whole point of an RPG is to grind. Everybody knows that.

#9 Edited by RoccoHout (932 posts) -

Blizzard gets away with everything. In WoW they are selling overpriced mounts, pets, transmogr gear in the store and they are considering even selling XP boosts or even free lvl 90 characters.... and its a game with a 15 dollar a month SUB. When The Secret World got their store, they got crucified. Dead Space 3, a non-sub game, got crucified so badly..... even if the buyable items were just cosmetic.

#10 Posted by MagnusTheOne (186 posts) -

Blizzard could have representatives go from door to door kicking their customers in the balls and you would still have legions of Blizztards coming up with reasons why this was actually awesome.

#11 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

I don't understand what's going on in this thread. You're upset because you got a good item drop?

#12 Edited by lostrib (26062 posts) -

I wish you would contain your shit to OT. Or better yet, just get banned

#13 Posted by SolidTy (40327 posts) -

When I was in grade 5 and my friend showed me that Diablo 1 had battle.net it was the best game ive ever played in my life. Moved on to diablo 2. Played that for years on and off. Have memories of scamming kids, magic finding, rushing, making clans, trading, guessing room name and passwords like fire/fire and seeing 2 guys in the rogue encampent with a shit load of gear all over the floor and start immediately picking everything up.

had 1 kid say to me "im going to rush you, but dont leave game ok?" (obvious hes transfering something)

rushing to every single act looking for the item he placed. Made it to act 4, he joins the session, I see on my minimap he transported to act 4. I start heading to the stairs, hes heading to the stairs, I see ENIGMA at the bottom of the stairs, I click it once, doesnt pick up, click it twice, doesnt pick up, he comes 5 feet near me, 3rd times the charm, scored the rarest item in the game, HELL YEAH!!!

how the FUCK!? does blizzard ruin my game, I didnt even buy the game, thats how much i knew how much trash it was.

It sounds like you were an asshole player.

#14 Posted by RoccoHout (932 posts) -

Activision and EA are Santa Clause compared to Blizzard

#15 Edited by coasterguy65 (5424 posts) -

I'm not really sure what the hell you are trying to say TC. However, Diablo 3 is a great game. The only problems with it is the always online requirement on the PC (personally never had a problem with it other than the launch week), and the Auction Houses. Which Blizzard is getting rid of. The game and story itself are solid.

When Diablo 2 came out people hated it also, but after some patches and after the expansion was added the game has become one of the most beloved RPG / looters out there. I suspect the same thing will happen with D3.

#16 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (10995 posts) -

They really didn't, if you watch livestreams ROS had much less viewers than the Diablo 2 ladder resets.

There's not much interest left in the diablo brand at this point.

#17 Posted by Muffin2020 (492 posts) -

Diablo 3 did one thing that was excellent. They fucked up the always online and money grabbing AH to much an extent that both ideas will be laughed at and ignored by publishers for a long time.