How did Forza 5 outscore Gran Turismo 6 again? *UPDATED*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#151 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

MELTTTDOWWWNNNN!

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

A lot of hurt asses around these parts.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#153  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I haven't played Forza 5 and GT6 yet, but Forza series are that good. Get over it, TC...

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#154 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@John_Matherson: How about you sit down and spend a couple of hours actually playing Forza 5?

@foxhound_fox said:

@John_Matherson said:

Dude, can you seriously tell me that review doesn't look like a paid advertising brochure? That asshole didn't even mention anything about the limited content or about the Microtrans.

Limited compared to what? Turn 10 upgraded all the car models they put into the game to their new Xbone level standard (a bajillion polygons or whatever) and upgraded all the physics engines.

Gran Turismo 2 had hundreds of cars, something close to 500 IIRC. GT3 had around 150. Bu...but...teh contentz! GT3 was a substantially better game than GT2 despite the severe drop in amount of cars and tracks (I'm still upset of the lack of the Venturi and Vector cars along with all the cars nobody ever cares about (i.e. BMW 750iL))... but who cared when the game looked and played amazingly better than the predecessor?

This obsession with quantity of content is what is killing gaming. It's why Gran Turismo has become a terribly over-stretched franchise, to the point where the developer hasn't spent enough time keeping their sound design up-to-date and focusing far too much on putting over a thousand car models, many of which could easily be achieved through livery modifications and tuning setups, into the game at the cost of other things.

You want to know why I put probably over 1000 hours into GT3 compared to the likely 150-200 into GT2 despite their being less content? Because GT3 did something no other game had done to that level yet. Produced an extremely fun and visceral driving experience that flowed through each and every one of the cars in sometimes drastically different ways (the Lancer Evolution actually drove and sounded different than the RUF CTR2).

I was and still am a huge GT fan, but I'm finding Polyphony's focus on delivering the most content for their invested time/money to be detracting from the experience at hand. GT3 was the apex point of the franchise. It distilled what was fun about driving into a surprisingly enjoyment-rich experience despite the lack of content compared to any of it's successors (GT4 was huge by comparison, but felt flat and uninteresting for the most part because there was too much to do and no focus on anything in particular).

tl;dr:

Gran Turismo holds a very special place in my heart and I criticize Polyphony because they are moving away from what I felt made the franchise stand out amid it's peers.

You can give all the reasons you want but a biased and blind brochure for an undeserving game screams Microsoft Paychecks.

Lemmings are idiots who enjoy being robbed apparently. No wonder MS managed to brainfuck you guys all last gen with extra fees and NOOOOO games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@John_Matherson: How about you sit down and spend a couple of hours actually playing Forza 5?

@foxhound_fox said:

@John_Matherson said:

Dude, can you seriously tell me that review doesn't look like a paid advertising brochure? That asshole didn't even mention anything about the limited content or about the Microtrans.

Limited compared to what? Turn 10 upgraded all the car models they put into the game to their new Xbone level standard (a bajillion polygons or whatever) and upgraded all the physics engines.

Gran Turismo 2 had hundreds of cars, something close to 500 IIRC. GT3 had around 150. Bu...but...teh contentz! GT3 was a substantially better game than GT2 despite the severe drop in amount of cars and tracks (I'm still upset of the lack of the Venturi and Vector cars along with all the cars nobody ever cares about (i.e. BMW 750iL))... but who cared when the game looked and played amazingly better than the predecessor?

This obsession with quantity of content is what is killing gaming. It's why Gran Turismo has become a terribly over-stretched franchise, to the point where the developer hasn't spent enough time keeping their sound design up-to-date and focusing far too much on putting over a thousand car models, many of which could easily be achieved through livery modifications and tuning setups, into the game at the cost of other things.

You want to know why I put probably over 1000 hours into GT3 compared to the likely 150-200 into GT2 despite their being less content? Because GT3 did something no other game had done to that level yet. Produced an extremely fun and visceral driving experience that flowed through each and every one of the cars in sometimes drastically different ways (the Lancer Evolution actually drove and sounded different than the RUF CTR2).

I was and still am a huge GT fan, but I'm finding Polyphony's focus on delivering the most content for their invested time/money to be detracting from the experience at hand. GT3 was the apex point of the franchise. It distilled what was fun about driving into a surprisingly enjoyment-rich experience despite the lack of content compared to any of it's successors (GT4 was huge by comparison, but felt flat and uninteresting for the most part because there was too much to do and no focus on anything in particular).

tl;dr:

Gran Turismo holds a very special place in my heart and I criticize Polyphony because they are moving away from what I felt made the franchise stand out amid it's peers.

You can give all the reasons you want but a biased and blind brochure for an undeserving game screams Microsoft Paychecks.

Lemmings are idiots who enjoy being robbed apparently. No wonder MS managed to brainfuck you guys all last gen with extra fees and NOOOOO games.

Dude...just stop

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By John_Matherson

I'm done in this thread. Glad I made my point and other people see it too.

Lemmings are literally the dumbest group of people I've ever seen. How do you defend a company that's literally ripping you off in plain sight?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#157 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

So reading what has been posted since yesterday, and why are the "professional reviewers" comments you included so valid TC? Is it because they fall in line with your claims? Maybe another website is better suited for you. I'm honestly trying to help, because it boggles my mind why this matters or is difficult to understand and accept. One person loved forza 5, another liked gt6.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

Lemmings are literally the dumbest group of people I've ever seen. How do you defend a company that's literally ripping you off in plain sight?

Stop making such a fool of yourself.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By John_Matherson

@cainetao11 said:

So reading what has been posted since yesterday, and why are the "professional reviewers" comments you included so valid TC? Is it because they fall in line with your claims? Maybe another website is better suited for you. I'm honestly trying to help, because it boggles my mind why this matters or is difficult to understand and accept. One person loved forza 5, another liked gt6.

Any professional reviewer references I made I've already clarified and explained in previous pages. I'm not going to go over it again. I'm done with this thread.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#160 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

Soo angry...It's kind of cute.

It's like watching those kids in the supermarket get pissy when mommy doesn't want to buy them a juicebox.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 John_Matherson

Conclusion 4 pages later: Forza is a poor, shitty, lacking game that scored a 9 due to being paid for by MS because there's no other way it could've scored a 9. Lemmings are idiots, and they enjoy being robbed because they're just that stupid.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

Conclusion 4 pages later: Forza is a poor, shitty, lacking game that scored a 9 due to being paid for by MS because there's no other way it could've scored a 9. Lemmings are idiots, and they enjoy being robbed because they're just that stupid.

I thought you were done with this thread?

Idiot

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#163  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

Thats all he does and all he can do

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#164  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

So butthurt about it that you had to come back to the thread you were "done" with just to bitch some more. rofl.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#165  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

>is done with the thread
>goes on to post twice more

Lost an argument confirmed.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Taking GS reviews seriously is funny.....

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By John_Matherson

@foxhound_fox said:

@John_Matherson said:

>is done with the thread

@Vaasman said:

@John_Matherson said:

So butthurt about it that you had to come back to the thread you were "done" with just to bitch some more. rofl.

@R3FURBISHED said:

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

Idiot

LMAO "I'm done with this thread" means I'm done discussing the OP. You dumb fucks can't show up 4 pages later after you've already been owned and all your alibis have been disproved and then claim ownage. You post things like butthurt instead of arguing reasonably and then you wonder why this place went to shit. How am I making a fool of myself? I know how to make a fcuking thread and argue reasonably and present facts and use them to draw conclusions. All you guys do is hover around posting stupid gifs and advertising steam sales pretending to be true gamers because you had to inflate your delusional ego by spending too much money on a stupid overrated gaming rig. **** off. None of you can ever argue with me one on one and use facts to back up your support. You're not gamers. You're dumb trolls. Stop following me around to every thread and stop getting excited everyime I type something. Get a life. I actually get paid to sit around on the internet, you stupid fcuks. You're not gamers. Keep pretending to be. If you have an argument then place it and I'll address it politely. Otherwise, you're just a dumb troll. I'm "angry" and "butthurt"?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@John_Matherson said:

>is done with the thread

@Vaasman said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

Idiot

LMAO "I'm done with this thread" means I'm done discussing the OP. You dumb fucks can't show up 4 pages later after you've already been owned and all your alibis have been disproved and then claim ownage. You post things like butthurt instead of arguing reasonably and then you wonder why this place went to shit. How am I making a fool of myself? I know how to make a fcuking thread and argue reasonably and present facts and use them to draw conclusions. All you guys do is hover around posting stupid gifs and advertising steam sales pretending to be true gamers because you had to inflate your delusional ego by spending too much money on a stupid overrated gaming rig. **** off. None of you can ever argue with me one on one and use facts to back up your support. You're not gamers. You're dumb trolls. Stop following me around to every thread and stop getting excited everyime I type something. Get a life. I actually get paid to sit around on the internet, you stupid fcuks.

tl;dr: Meltdown!

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Vaasman

@John_Matherson said:

LMAO "I'm done with this thread" means I'm done discussing the OP. You dumb fucks can't show up 4 pages later after you've already been owned and all your alibis have been disproved and then claim ownage. You post things like butthurt instead of arguing reasonably and then you wonder why this place went to shit. How am I making a fool of myself? I know how to make a fcuking thread and argue reasonably and present facts and use them to draw conclusions. All you guys do is hover around posting stupid gifs and advertising steam sales pretending to be true gamers because you had to inflate your delusional ego by spending too much money on a stupid overrated gaming rig. **** off. None of you can ever argue with me one on one and use facts to back up your support. You're not gamers. You're dumb trolls. Stop following me around to every thread and stop getting excited everyime I type something. Get a life. I actually get paid to sit around on the internet, you stupid fcuks. You're not gamers. Keep pretending to be. If you have an argument then place it and I'll address it politely. Otherwise, you're just a dumb troll. I'm "angry" and "butthurt"?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 John_Matherson

@Vaasman said:

@John_Matherson said:

Exactly.

Sidenote: Michele Obama has gorgeous eyes.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Vaasman

@John_Matherson said:

@Vaasman said:

@John_Matherson said:

Exactly.

Sidenote: Michele Obama has gorgeous eyes.

Uh not really. I'd say she's a lot better looking than most first ladies we've had, but gorgeous is an overstatement.

Also, u mad.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

A lot of pain in that OP, TC... Honestly, for me it comes down to playing the two games... Forza, since its first release has been a far better executed franchise than GT in almost every way imaginable... I mean, small example here, but no damage on cars in 2013 is embarrassing in its highest order. Talk about immersion breaking.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By John_Matherson

@Vaasman: In reality, I can say that the quality of your post reflects your level of intelligence and makes it easier for me to understand how MS got away with scamming lemmings all last gen and how Turn 10 is able to get away with robbing you guys in Forza 5.

You're welcome. Just ask the girl in my sig.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

@Vaasman: In reality, I can say that the quality of your post reflects your level of intelligence and makes it easier for me to understand how MS got away with scamming lemmings all last gen and how Turn 10 is able to get away with robbing you guys in Forza 5.

In that case, you're really stupid

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Vaasman

@John_Matherson said:

So you don't deny that Michelle Obama is only above average at best then? Also you said you were done specifically with the original discussion but clearly this post indicates you aren't.

Yep, still mad.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By John_Matherson

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

No, you're really stupid.

^^ladies and gentlemen, here's how you System Wars like lostrib. Misguided, kindergarten level responses.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

No, you're really stupid.

^^ladies and gentlemen, here's how you System Wars like lostrib. Misguided, kindergarten level responses.

Whoa whoa whoa! I respond at a 5th grade level. Buttface

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Why are we worried about what Gamespot thinks? If you like the game, go and have a good time with it. The only opinion that actually matters is your own.

If Gamespot's opinion or the morons who troll this forum can actually prevent you from enjoying a game you want to play, you might want to go see a psychologist.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@Dreams-Visions: Now that's just silly, a psychologist can't give you drugs; you need a psychiatrist for the good stuff.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 cainetao11

@TheEroica said:

A lot of pain in that OP, TC... Honestly, for me it comes down to playing the two games... Forza, since its first release has been a far better executed franchise than GT in almost every way imaginable... I mean, small example here, but no damage on cars in 2013 is embarrassing in its highest order. Talk about immersion breaking.

I agree. TC says he knows how to present an argument, and draw conclusions. How can anyone draw a conclusion on what they feel about a game without playing it? You can look at points as he posted and decide you're not interested in buying it, but not what its like to play. You have to play the game to come to that conclusion. I like John_Matherson, have had good, interesting conversations with him, but experience is the only true teacher.

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#181 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Rayrota said:

You know what, i agree with you for the most part, but the reality is that every review is different and every reviewer has his or her own subjective point of view.

Yeah yet is odd they favor MS games so much.

Rubbish, giving two different games different scores is not a sign of bias towards one company. Quit cheery picking.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

I'm not sure about gt6 but forza5 for me isn't very impressive

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#183 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@Rayrota said:

@tormentos said:

@Rayrota said:

You know what, i agree with you for the most part, but the reality is that every review is different and every reviewer has his or her own subjective point of view.

Yeah yet is odd they favor MS games so much.

Rubbish, giving two different games different scores is not a sign of bias towards one company. Quit cheery picking.

two different games?

these are both racing sims,

with the same brand of cars,

probably both have some of the same tracks,

its not like we are comparing call of duty to battlefield different...

what makes them different to you?

I know what makes them different,

on review mentions microtransactions and the other doesnt

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

In this thread:

@John_Matherson said:

And nobody is surprised.

rofl

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

@killatwill15: Let's see, different systems, different developers, different career modes, different in-game currency, different graphics, different number of cars, different tracks, different styles, different etc. Yes, they are different games.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Still no explanation? OK. Whenever system wars have an actual discussion, and stop thinking it's cool to troll each other, maybe... Just maybe these boards wouldn't be such a pain to participate in. Retards attract Retards. Stop being retarded lol

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

FM5 getting a 9 from GS has to be the biggest joke of 2013.

GS should give its self that award during the award give outs.

Not saying that FM5 is a bad game, its a good game, but to think its AAA all over again with nothing new or more than previous Forza is something you want to scratch your head.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By R3FURBISHED

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

Not saying that FM5 is a bad game, its a good game, but to think its AAA all over again with nothing new or more than previous Forza is something you want to scratch your head.

You base that off of your time spent playing Forza 5?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By John_Matherson

@R3FURBISHED said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

He bases it off having a fuckibg brain and not being a blind idiot, dumbass People knew Ryse and Knack would flop like crazY months before the game was released so shut up with that stupid 'play then judge'excuse. There are things you have to play a game to judge, and there are things you can see if you possess even a quarter of a dog's brain. Gosh you're dumb.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 R3FURBISHED

@John_Matherson said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

He bases it off having a fuckibg brain and not being a blind idiot, dumbass People knew Ryse and Knack would flop like crazY months before the game was released so shut up with that stupid 'play then judge'excuse. There are things you have to play a game to judge, and there are things you can see if you possess even a quarter of a dog's brain. Gosh you're dumb.

"Gosh you're dump" for using the "play then judge" excuse? ....that pretty much sums up why no one likes you John.

The fact of the matter is that saying Forza 5 has nothing new or adds nothing is incorrect. Factually, incorrect.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 John_Matherson

@cainetao11 said:

@TheEroica said:

I agree. TC says he knows how to present an argument, and draw conclusions. How can anyone draw a conclusion on what they feel about a game without playing it? You can look at points as he posted and decide you're not interested in buying it, but not what its like to play. You have to play the game to come to that conclusion. I like John_Matherson, have had good, interesting conversations with him, but experience is the only true teacher.

My conclusioni sn't what I feel about the game. my conclusion is about the shadiness of the reviews. I took all the points and things they mentioned in both reviews and applied them to the game and they didn't measure up at all...Thats why I drew the conclusion that the review appears paid and four pages later there still isn't any solid reason to counter everything I said in the OP. The review is bland, inaccurate, and it's like it purposely omitted lots of things about Forza. I'm not calling out Forza but I'm calling shenanigans on the bullshit review If anyone here thinks its ok to review a last Gen game with really fycking high and crazy standards and then allow the next Gen game slide without mentioning all the things that are wrong with it, you're an idiot. Different reciewers, but in reality only System wars tracks specific reviewers. Regular/causal gamers look at the site as a whole.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 R3FURBISHED

@John_Matherson said:

My conclusioni sn't what I feel about the game. my conclusion is about the shadiness of the reviews. I took all the points and things they mentioned in both reviews and applied them to the game and they didn't measure up at all...Thats why I drew the conclusion that the review appears paid and four pages later there still isn't any solid reason to counter everything I said in the OP. The review is bland, inaccurate, and it's like it purposely omitted lots of things about Forza. I'm not calling out Forza but I'm calling shenanigans on the bullshit review If anyone here thinks its ok to review a last Gen game with really fycking high and crazy standards and then allow the next Gen game slide without mentioning all the things that are wrong with it, you're an idiot. Different reciewers, but in reality only System wars tracks specific reviewers. Regular/causal gamers look at the site as a whole.

What about the Forza 5 review is inaccurate? What about the Forza 5 game is omitted in the review in order to make the game seem better?

You do not objectively dissect the review you cherry pick individual segments and provide your opinion on them based off of what you have read and watched rather than what you have experienced first hand in the game.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

...That GT6 review is a bit bullshit, "a grind or a chore to acquire best cars".... just 3 minutes ago i made 1.2 million dollars in the Mario andreti willow springs seasonal, while winning his car in the process, awesome car BTW. 1.2 million, for a time trial... what gamespot? maybe he should have waited until update 1.02, which added login bonus, ridiculously high paying seasonal events, where you can also win some amazing cars.. and upgraded cash payouts all around...

Grind is a chore.... I already have a Ferrari FXX with 3 million in the bank.. wtf man.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#194 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I'm sorry but I don't see it.

That may in part be due to your preconceived notions.

Gran Turismo, for one, packs a shit ton more content than Forza 5.

Content does not dictate quality; Forza Motorsport 4 did not deserve AAA over DiRT 3 because Forza had more content, or Forza Horizon did not deserve AAA just because it had more content than F1 2012. Again, content is just one facet of an overall picture. Now, I do not mean to downplay content for the very essence of additional content should equate to additional value... but is that really the case with Gran Turismo? For example, because I haven't played either Forza Motorsport 5 or Gran Turismo 6, I will relate back to GT5 in that the majority of the cars were pretty much filler and were pointless to the game itself. For example... go-karts? Seriously? This is relativity talking here, but I would much rather a smaller list of cars that are 1) fun to drive, 2) awesome in of themselves, 3) worth owning. Standard cars in GT franchise need to be gutted, pronto.

The Graphics aren't that far off from each other considering that Forza 5 is a "next-gen" game.

Based on what means of comparison? How is "are not that far off" defined?

Forza 5 is disgustingly lacking in content that it aims to release with Microtransactions and DLC as opposed to Gran Turismo 6 who already had the content to begin with.

It is incredibly lacking in content compared to previous Forzas, and Turn 10's response has entirely to do with the time involved that is needed to re-create such tracks. GT has been recycling content since the PS2 days with their tracks, as most reviewers have hit on with respect to the dated visuals on some of the tracks. It comes down to two options, "higher fidelity with less content" or "smaller fidelity with more content." Because of the transition from last-generation to next-generation, it's of no surprise to me that there simply wasn't enough time to release the content to compare with previous Forzas. Whether or not they did the right move or wrong move is purely subjective.

With respect to the micro-transactions and DLC in Forza, Downloadable Content has played a major role in Forza games since Forza Motorsport 3. If you want to continue to invest into your game, you have the option to purchase the content. With the exception to the "Porche" pack that came after the fact with Forza 4, I haven't seen anything that really was a "must-have" for folks. Granted, I am being a bit presumptuous in that I am not a car enthusiast so perhaps there are others that fancy a lot out there. Micro transactions is another beast entirely, for Forza Horizon had them and in the same way with Forza Motorsport 5, the microtransactions can be entirely ignored since you can earn the cars in the campaign. There's no doubt that it's silly to see, but it doesn't detract from the game itself.

So, you drop a game score down to 7 because it has shit tons of cars improvements you can purchase but you have to earn money by playing the game (like any other fcking game) to buy all the cars/contents?

But you give the game that doesn't even have these contents to begin with and plans to add them through DLCs and Micro-trans a 9/10. Okay, Gamespot.

Try to read the review and understand the context, especially in that the score is the overall reflectiveness of the game itself as a whole across all facets. Selectively looking at the "good/bad" and then raging about it does nothing to help the situation. It does, mind you, serve as a reminder that the score needs to removed from the equation entirely because too many (like you) get caught up on the pointless numerical value placed upon it.

Again, content solely doesn't dictate the end result. I'd much rather play DiRT 2 or DiRT 3 than any Forza or Gran Turismo game, and the DiRT racing games have no more than 50 cars to work with. There's obviously much more to these games than "content." Especially when a game aims at a doer of all, but masters none of it.

-

I'd reply to the rest, but it seems like I was just reading the chewbacca defense.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 cainetao11

@R3FURBISHED said:

@John_Matherson said:

What about the Forza 5 review is inaccurate? What about the Forza 5 game is omitted in the review in order to make the game seem better?

You do not objectively dissect the review you cherry pick individual segments and provide your opinion on them based off of what you have read and watched rather than what you have experienced first hand in the game.

That's what I am getting on this topic. What about the reviewer liking the game, and the GT6 reviewer liking that one less is hard to grasp? Forza 5 have less content? Yes, but that particular person may have had a great experience with what they played.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By John_Matherson

Look, at the end of the day, the point is that the review for GT6 is complete bullshit and the review for Forza 5 you guys have to defend. In reality and objectively anyone with half a brain without even playing the game (So don't give me that shit) can see that Gran Turismo (forget content, forget graphics) is a solid and well made, well executed, well assembled, and overall just solid package.

Oh and in the GT6 review, they compare it to rivals, but in the Forza one, they don't compare it to rivals at all. They completely ignore the MIcrotransaction issue, and don't even mention how the short list of tracks eventually affects the game and makes it dated. So it's okay to hold a 7th gen game to higher standards than an 8th gen game? The forza 5 review doesn't look like a review at all. Seriously go read it. It looks like a brochure. The idiot drools all over the game like a kissass worker kissing the ass of his boss to get a raise. He literally advertises the game and makes excuses for it. THERE'S NOTHING FUCKING OBJECTIVE ABOUT THE REVIEW AT ALL SO DON'T GIVE ME THAT SHIT! If you think there is you're a really big hypocrite and you're a liar. I'm not the only one saying GS has a boner for the game. I went the extra mile and did research as if spending fucking hours creating the hype thread for both games wasn't already objective of me enough, I made a table that pointed all the important dynamics and aspects of both games so don't tell me I wasn't objective enough. You're saying I already had preconceived notions, when the truth is that I only noticed that the reviews are bullshit because I already knew a shit ton about both games before they came out. I researched both games. I know more about the games than the fucking reviewer that reviewed Forza if I dare to say. He totally drolled over the game and advertised it. That's not an objective review. You can't tell me it is. He makes excuses for the game and ignores the major fact that the game is deficit of content to make for future microtransactions. Many other reviewers mentioned that the game constantly encourages and reminds you to spend more money, he completely ignores this side of the game. It's bullshit. It's no objective and you know it.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@ZoomZoom2490: It is inherently "new" because of being on a more powerful platform than the previous game. There is more to a game than just the car and track count. Car detail, track detail, physics engine, etc also plays into it.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@John_Matherson: So essentially your entire post is based on the fact that somebody elses opinion differs from yours and you can grasp nor handle the fact that YOUR opinion is not gospel. The only tool in this thread is you.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 John_Matherson

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I'm sorry but I don't see it.

That may in part be due to your preconceived notions.

Gran Turismo, for one, packs a shit ton more content than Forza 5.

Content does not dictate quality; Forza Motorsport 4 did not deserve AAA over DiRT 3 because Forza had more content, or Forza Horizon did not deserve AAA just because it had more content than F1 2012. Again, content is just one facet of an overall picture. Now, I do not mean to downplay content for the very essence of additional content should equate to additional value... but is that really the case with Gran Turismo? For example, because I haven't played either Forza Motorsport 5 or Gran Turismo 6, I will relate back to GT5 in that the majority of the cars were pretty much filler and were pointless to the game itself. For example... go-karts? Seriously? This is relativity talking here, but I would much rather a smaller list of cars that are 1) fun to drive, 2) awesome in of themselves, 3) worth owning. Standard cars in GT franchise need to be gutted, pronto.

COntent definitely doesn't indicate quality but that's not an excuse to charge 60$ for a 30$ (at most) game. If they planned to recreate future tracks from scratch and actually go out and start from complete scratch without upgrading older models or anything, and to create new and fresh and true 8th gen level tracks and cars, then yes that makes sense, but if they limit the game just so they'd have more time to upgrade older cars and tracks and upscale them to 8th gen level and then make people pay for them, that's bullshit and robbery.

The Graphics aren't that far off from each other considering that Forza 5 is a "next-gen" game.

Based on what means of comparison? How is "are not that far off" defined?

I meant that fora 7th gen game GT6 looks as impressive as it does for a 7th gen, as Forza looks for an 8th gen. Could've worded this better perhaps, but either way I only even mentioned graphics because they gave forza points for graphics but not Gt6.

Forza 5 is disgustingly lacking in content that it aims to release with Microtransactions and DLC as opposed to Gran Turismo 6 who already had the content to begin with.

It is incredibly lacking in content compared to previous Forzas, and Turn 10's response has entirely to do with the time involved that is needed to re-create such tracks. GT has been recycling content since the PS2 days with their tracks, as most reviewers have hit on with respect to the dated visuals on some of the tracks. It comes down to two options, "higher fidelity with less content" or "smaller fidelity with more content." Because of the transition from last-generation to next-generation, it's of no surprise to me that there simply wasn't enough time to release the content to compare with previous Forzas. Whether or not they did the right move or wrong move is purely subjective.

With respect to the micro-transactions and DLC in Forza, Downloadable Content has played a major role in Forza games since Forza Motorsport 3. If you want to continue to invest into your game, you have the option to purchase the content. With the exception to the "Porche" pack that came after the fact with Forza 4, I haven't seen anything that really was a "must-have" for folks. Granted, I am being a bit presumptuous in that I am not a car enthusiast so perhaps there are others that fancy a lot out there. Micro transactions is another beast entirely, for Forza Horizon had them and in the same way with Forza Motorsport 5, the microtransactions can be entirely ignored since you can earn the cars in the campaign. There's no doubt that it's silly to see, but it doesn't detract from the game itself.

I'm sorry all I see is you making excuses for it. They could've have pulled a drive club and delayed the game.

So, you drop a game score down to 7 because it has shit tons of cars improvements you can purchase but you have to earn money by playing the game (like any other fcking game) to buy all the cars/contents?

But you give the game that doesn't even have these contents to begin with and plans to add them through DLCs and Micro-trans a 9/10. Okay, Gamespot.

Try to read the review and understand the context, especially in that the score is the overall reflectiveness of the game itself as a whole across all facets. Selectively looking at the "good/bad" and then raging about it does nothing to help the situation. It does, mind you, serve as a reminder that the score needs to removed from the equation entirely because too many (like you) get caught up on the pointless numerical value placed upon it.

Again, content solely doesn't dictate the end result. I'd much rather play DiRT 2 or DiRT 3 than any Forza or Gran Turismo game, and the DiRT racing games have no more than 50 cars to work with. There's obviously much more to these games than "content." Especially when a game aims at a doer of all, but masters none of it.

I did read the reviews and I read a few others from other sites and even linked to them in the OP, and I also watched videos discussing the topic. I'm not bashing Forza, but I'm calling bullshit and shenanigans on GS for their stupid review or should I say ad. There's just no way. GT6 does too many new things, has pretty much all Forza has and wayyy more, has arguably comparable and arguably better driving and physics. Forza doesn't deserve more than an 8 and GT6 doesn't deserve less than that. Simple. The reviews are bullshit and FZ's appears like a paid advertisment.

-

I'd reply to the rest, but it seems like I was just reading the chewbacca defense.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By John_Matherson

@Steppy_76 said:

@John_Matherson: So essentially your entire post is based on the fact that somebody elses opinion differs from yours and you can grasp nor handle the fact that YOUR opinion is not gospel. The only tool in this thread is you.

Attack me cause you can't counter me, dumbass? The GT6 review is full of lies. It's like they gave a monkey the controller and jumped around in the living room for three days and then wrote up some completely bogus crap.

" It is inherently "new" because of being on a more powerful platform than the previous game. There is more to a game than just the car and track count. Car detail, track detail, physics engine, etc also plays into it."

Are you seriously trying to justify and give points to a game because it looks better than a game on a 7 year old console? It's supposed to look better, dumbass. Visuals and gunplay didn't save Killzone ShadowFall. Why are games being given points for things they're supposed to do? They might as well giove the game a 10/10 for being an actual game and not just a wallpaper.

@TorqueHappens08 said:

...That GT6 review is a bit bullshit, "a grind or a chore to acquire best cars".... just 3 minutes ago i made 1.2 million dollars in the Mario andreti willow springs seasonal, while winning his car in the process, awesome car BTW. 1.2 million, for a time trial... what gamespot? maybe he should have waited until update 1.02, which added login bonus, ridiculously high paying seasonal events, where you can also win some amazing cars.. and upgraded cash payouts all around...

Grind is a chore.... I already have a Ferrari FXX with 3 million in the bank.. wtf man.

It's funny they don't mention anything about the econonmy issue that even Turn 10 FUCKING APOLOGIZED FOR THEMSELVES. Oh, and they also didn't mention how fucking expensive the new racing wheel is since forza 5 doesn't support the older and last gen racing accessories. GT6 supports pretty much anything that you can plug to your PS3. They ignore sooooo much fucking flaw about Forza and just advertise the crap like it's the second coming. Come on, dude. That asshole was either stoned or paid. I'm sorry.