How could MS miss judge what people wanted so bad.?

  • 136 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#102 Edited by delta3074 (18417 posts) -

@tormentos said:

This is something that still strike me,how could MS get the idea that people wanted and always online console,that restrict its users from loaning games to each other,that force you into getting something that the majority of the user base did not support a gen before kinect,why did MS actually believe that people wanted a more TV box experience out of the console.?

And how well do you think that everything will fall down for them knowing that backtracking all this policies,and dropping several requirement basically force them to take a route they did not plan on.

Was it the console curse.? Or simple miss interpretation of what people wanted.? How about Greed would that play a big part MS actually wanting a more profitable xbox brand from go.?

they changed everything People hated about the XB1 ages ago, Why would anyone care now? it's old news.

A lot of users ion this board waste there time recycling the same old Crap over and over and over again.

Or should we go even further back in time and ask what SONY where thinking when they put rootkits on Every one of there music CD's.

Bottom line, we have been over this umpteen times already, change the record, it's scratched.

All companys make mistakes, All companys are Greedy for your Money, ALL companys only care about there customers when they are making Bank from them, Ask SONY, they charge to play online now.

#103 Posted by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@tormentos:

TRUE

@tormentos said:

1: true the publisher has the control. ms blame who? MS put in the system. up to them use it. IF they use it then ya blame the publishers...

2: sony has the same system in place. up to the publisher. SORRY... They even filed for a patent that a console can link a disc to only play on that console

3: kinect came out late 2010. just about 5 years after release. 25 million sales is huge for a add on! How many games even get that amount of sales? This time kinect is built around the xbox from day one

4: lol ha sony blocked you from hulu on web browser? lol

It was MS who blamed it on 3rd parties.

Disrupting the popular “EA and Microsoft are in cahoots to ruin used games” narrative haunting comment threads everywhere, EA chief operating officer Peter Moore has said EA had nothing to do with the Xbox One’s licensing policies and hasn’t even figured out whether to get involved.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/12/ea-did-not-lobby-for-used-game-drm/

It was MS policy even that MS blame 3rd parties.

2: Sony had the same system in place but sony did not had a blocking policy,it was really up to 3rd parties,so if a 3rd party blocked a game,the consumer could chose to not support that 3rd party,so if EA blocked BF4,many million users could migrate to COD which doesn't have it,see since there is no implemented in a low level like MS had it,if a 3rd party venture into doing this it could have face the same backclash MS faced,reason why EA was quick to say hey is not our policy.

And patents mean little sony has tons it doesn't use,it is just in case some one use it,sony can collect money.

3: 25 million out of 80 million users it started super fast and died,no one cares any more for it,just like people stop caring for the wii.

4: It was Hulu who blocked the PS3 not sony,i remember how you ran your PS3 connection over you PC you still could watch it.

#104 Edited by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

they changed everything People hated about the XB1 ages ago, Why would anyone care now? it's old news.

A lot of users ion this board waste there time recycling the same old Crap over and over and over again.

Or should we go even further back in time and ask what SONY where thinking when they put rootkits on Every one of there music CD's.

Bottom line, we have been over this umpteen times already, change the record, it's scratched.

All companys make mistakes, All companys are Greedy for your Money, ALL companys only care about there customers when they are making Bank from them, Ask SONY, they charge to play online now.

No dude all the policies still on,you need to update your console on launch to get rid of those policies,which makes it clear to see that the patch either took time,or is not complete.

Any person without internet that buys an xbox one,has a problem the console will not work any more after 24 hours..MS hasn't even been clear about this for how long the unit will continue to come that way,because it is understandable for the first batch but after that is clearly not.

Allot of members are to sensitive about anything xbox.

Music CD now = games.? Or should i link the incredible long list of MS crappy tactics and policies.?

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2008/04/drm-sucks-redux-microsoft-to-nuke-msn-music-drm-keys/

What make you think that any game that requires cloud will not suffer the same fate 7 years from now.?

Yeah sony charge for online play now,MS has been since 2002 and they still give you nothing back,while PSN+ give you games,but but they only care about money.

Facebook,Twiter,Hulu,netflix,online play for free to play games,DVR recording,skype and basically anything the xbox one does that is interesting is hide under a pay wall.

Now Hulu,facebook,twiter,youtube,DVR,party chat (even cross platform) all are free on PSN,now even online play on free to play games is free on PSN,while on xbox one is not,i will be able to chat cross platform with PC for free and you still on the same restrictive online service again.

All companies care about money but some are just to stupid and greedy,the xbox one problems are all won by MS which was never straight to begin with about everything,the fact that even today everything is hidden behind a pay wall on xbox even game recording show how little MS has learn and how stupid they can be,they just loss direction big time,and the recent changes in management show that clearly,the question is how can they get back up again.

#105 Edited by delta3074 (18417 posts) -

@tormentos: Yes we get it, in your opinion MS is more Evil than any other company, SONY's indiscretions don't start and end with Rootkits either, Both companys have a dubious reputation when it comes to Backroom dealings.

You can carry on being a SONY company Fanboy all you like dude, From where is sit you are just and MS hater through and through and through.

If you want to be deluded into thinking any one company is more greedy than the others then Carry on.

I for one will go where the games i want are, couldn't care less whether it's nintendo, SONY or MS.

Problem is we have heard your Speel Many, Many times now, how long do you want to talk about old news and Flog a dead horse? how long are you going to recycle the same subject matter?

#106 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

They probably used the data gained from 360 users through Xbl, and figured out,"Hey, these guys use their console for way more than just gaming. Let's make our next console cater to that!". Then DRM backlash and NSA happened and scared everyone away.

#107 Edited by fusionhunter (2009 posts) -

Personally I think Microsoft felt over confident with their online install base and market, that everyone would just give in and accept it and that Sony would pretty much have the same policy because I can bet big publishers had a lot to say in this before s*** hit the fan. Some guy in a suit can walk in and change everything. The thing about Xbox is they seem just too far into the future. Not everyone has a stable internet connection and they ignored that and it backfired horribly. Sony took advantage of the situation they put themselves into and got their ass handed over to them. But it's not just the policy it's everything else. Kinect being a forced requirement. The people who present the Xbox. How it was presented. The PR teams who kept mixing everything up. I mean come on even it's design it just poor when you compare it the Slim 360s. They went wrong on so many it's ridiculous only to be team carried by Titanfall

#108 Posted by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@tormentos: Yes we get it, in your opinion MS is more Evil than any other company, SONY's indiscretions don't start and end with Rootkits either, Both companys have a dubious reputation when it comes to Backroom dealings.

You can carry on being a SONY company Fanboy all you like dude, From where is sit you are just and MS hater through and through and through.

If you want to be deluded into thinking any one company is more greedy than the others then Carry on.

I for one will go where the games i want are, couldn't care less whether it's nintendo, SONY or MS.

Problem is we have heard your Speel Many, Many times now, how long do you want to talk about old news and Flog a dead horse? how long are you going to recycle the same subject matter?

And look who's talking the dude who bring root kit as proof that sony screw up.

You are the one getting all emotionally about it dude,maybe you can't face the fact that the company you like screwed up big time,and that now after endlessly flaming the PS3 price for UK you will have to pay even more for and xbox one than UK people did for a PS3 on 2006,for a weak console that is over priced.

We all know you are a lemming so you will go where MS is even if you end up with a over priced crappy console that restrict you from doing anything without actually paying first,and that still stock with 2005 policies.

Maybe you should stop single me out conveniently and look around you,and to several lemming here.

#109 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

Nov 22nd will speak for itself. I cant wait to get the worlds best console. I want more tham videogames and I think that is the mindset ms has taken. This isnt 2005 anymore. Xbo will be a hit. Only thing going against it is the price which will come in line with ps4. At that point it will make its inroads in its strong territories.

#110 Posted by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

Nov 22nd will speak for itself. I cant wait to get the worlds best console. I want more tham videogames and I think that is the mindset ms has taken. This isnt 2005 anymore. Xbo will be a hit. Only thing going against it is the price which will come in line with ps4. At that point it will make its inroads in its strong territories.

The worlds best console comes out on the 15 on Nov not the 22..

The PS4 has more things that games to and they are not hidden under any pay wall.

Yeah it isn't but apparently MS got stock on 2005 and still requires paying for doing anything interesting on the console sony doesn't,and is funny because it is the xbox one the console that is actually $100 more so those features should be free.

Yeah that was the only thing sony had against in on 2006 price,and look the PS3 has sold half of what the PS2 sold lets see how hard this impact MS,and lets see how no RROD also impact sales,since many million xbox 360 were actually replacements.

How will the xbox one price will come in line with the PS4.? Sony can drop the price to you know,in fact this gen they have drop it way more than MS.

Even in US and UK it is say that they will lose this holiday..

#111 Posted by lockjaw333 (1741 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Yeah that was the only thing sony had against in on 2006 price,and look the PS3 has sold half of what the PS2 sold lets see how hard this impact MS,and lets see how no RROD also impact sales,since many million xbox 360 were actually replacements.

How will the xbox one price will come in line with the PS4.? Sony can drop the price to you know,in fact this gen they have drop it way more than MS.

Actually Sony had a lot more going against it than price when the PS3 launched.

- Ridiculous price ($600 US)

- No worthwhile games in launch window (or for 1.5 years after release)

- Awful online service (PSN has come a looooooooong way from where it was at launch)

- Horrendous chat options

- Inability to invite friends to games

- Inability to do simple media apps like Netflix (it eventually got the ability, but required a Netflix disc be inserted)

People forget just how bad the PS3 was at launch. Everyone wants to forgive them for doing well the last few years of the gen.

#112 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5223 posts) -

I can't be bothered to even try and read posts on this new crappy forum layout but since I see its a tormentos thread, I'll just say SDC and leave.

Dear Gamespot, YOU FAILED.

#113 Edited by metal_zombie (2288 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@tormentos:

1: they was trying keep part of the benefits of selling/trading games but also provide the benefits of digital. Only way do that was to have system where you had to check in once per day.

2: kinect has near 25 million sales~ clearly someone wants it. People need get it in their head that kinect is part of the xbox one not just a add on. That's what MS wants for their product

3: MS from day one of the 360 brand They called there system entertainment center/hub not a gaming console... That's why they was first to add apps, and they are still the first to add newer apps, They want the xbox be the main hub of entertainment center

1. digital distribution is the future it's inevitable but before they forced the switch they needed to make sure people understood what was going to happen. Not to mention that they need to prove to people that it's for their benefit for example cheaper games and added convenience.

2. the kinect it's technology is in it's infancy once we can have games that are as immersive as the ones in the holodeck in star trek people will continue to reject the kinect..

3. MS is trying to keep it's console relevant i get that though I think it's a losing battle consoles will go the way of the dodo.

#114 Posted by delta3074 (18417 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

@tormentos: Yes we get it, in your opinion MS is more Evil than any other company, SONY's indiscretions don't start and end with Rootkits either, Both companys have a dubious reputation when it comes to Backroom dealings.

You can carry on being a SONY company Fanboy all you like dude, From where is sit you are just and MS hater through and through and through.

If you want to be deluded into thinking any one company is more greedy than the others then Carry on.

I for one will go where the games i want are, couldn't care less whether it's nintendo, SONY or MS.

Problem is we have heard your Speel Many, Many times now, how long do you want to talk about old news and Flog a dead horse? how long are you going to recycle the same subject matter?

And look who's talking the dude who bring root kit as proof that sony screw up.

You are the one getting all emotionally about it dude,maybe you can't face the fact that the company you like screwed up big time,and that now after endlessly flaming the PS3 price for UK you will have to pay even more for and xbox one than UK people did for a PS3 on 2006,for a weak console that is over priced.

We all know you are a lemming so you will go where MS is even if you end up with a over priced crappy console that restrict you from doing anything without actually paying first,and that still stock with 2005 policies.

Maybe you should stop single me out conveniently and look around you,and to several lemming here.

The Rootkit scandal isn't proof that SONY have messed up in the past?

Typical tormentos, if they don't agree with your opinion use the 'we all know you are a lemming ' routine.

I am not getting emotional, just Fed up with the same old , same old from people like you, this topic has been done to death mate, Move on, find something original, Change the record, savyy?

I am getting a Ps4, Don't feel to hurt about that eh?

#115 Posted by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@lockjaw333 said:

Actually Sony had a lot more going against it than price when the PS3 launched.

- Ridiculous price ($600 US)

- No worthwhile games in launch window (or for 1.5 years after release)

- Awful online service (PSN has come a looooooooong way from where it was at launch)

- Horrendous chat options

- Inability to invite friends to games

- Inability to do simple media apps like Netflix (it eventually got the ability, but required a Netflix disc be inserted)

People forget just how bad the PS3 was at launch. Everyone wants to forgive them for doing well the last few years of the gen.

So little knowledge i have been a PS3 owner since launch.

1-Yeah $600 for hardware that was as much as $1,450 on the competition was really ridiculous.

2-Resistance was very good,and online worked 10 times better than Gears of war did on 2006.

3-Yeah i was playing 20 vs 20 on dedicated serves on Resistance,while xbox fans were lagging as hell on gears not to mention host advantage issues bullet lag,it was a mess and the game was 4 vs 4,i know dedicated servers are like the new things for xbox fans now,but on PS consoles they have been use since the PS2 days while MS charged you for P2P.

4-Chat was very good and clear over bluetooth,dude what the hell are you smoking or a you referring to party chat.?

5-You could invite friends you could not cross invite from other games..

6- lol you really know sh** about the PS3,Netflix wasn't on PS3 as an app because MS payed for exclusivity,it was the reason why it had to run from a DVD,as soon as the deal was off,the PS3 got a proper app and guess what it was actually superior to the xbox 360 one..lol hahaha..

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/14/netflix-on-ps3-goes-disc-free-gets-1080i-streaming-and-5-1-surr/

1080p 5.1 sound before the xbox 360.,..haha

#116 Posted by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

The Rootkit scandal isn't proof that SONY have messed up in the past?

Typical tormentos, if they don't agree with your opinion use the 'we all know you are a lemming ' routine.

I am not getting emotional, just Fed up with the same old , same old from people like you, this topic has been done to death mate, Move on, find something original, Change the record, savyy?

I am getting a Ps4, Don't feel to hurt about that eh?

How is rootkit related to games on Playstation.?

You are a lemming dude no shame in that i am a cow at least i don't pretend i am not.

Yes you are..

I don't think you will considering that you claimed in another post that you would not,maybe you changed your mind again..lol

#117 Edited by Gue1 (10212 posts) -

If this thread shows something is that many people like @delta3074 really had no idea what they were doing when they chose the Xbox, and then they just stuck with it. XD

#118 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

Some hardcore D/C in here. I see the usual Sony lot in here.

#119 Edited by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Some hardcore D/C in here. I see the usual Sony lot in here.

Cover your self your inner lemming is showing..lol

#120 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@clyde46 said:

Some hardcore D/C in here. I see the usual Sony lot in here.

Cover your self your inner lemming is showing..lol

Still sore I see. You just can't handle someone telling you that the PS4 and Sony aren't all that.

#121 Posted by cainetao11 (17741 posts) -

Better question: how can gamers not see there are many different ways to make money in this industry. Knuckleheads dump on MS, but everywhere I ask the X1 is pre ordered out. They wont outsell Sony this gen, but they'll be in the industry.

#122 Posted by verbalfilth (4609 posts) -

Because people paid for xbox live and were happy to do it.

Logic only dictates that if people are willing to pay for what they've already paid for, then its only natural to test the boundaries of their limits. "Strip the fools of all their consumer rights."

I'm even more surprised that people aren't raising a ruckus about PSN requiring a paid subscription to play online.

#123 Posted by McStrongfast (4271 posts) -

By "people" you mean "core gamers". The demographic they need to sell to initially to get a grip. Microsoft's plans and visions don't exactly stop with us. In case you somehow have failed to notice. And that's how I'll reckon they lost sight of our interests. Looked too far ahead towards that tantalizing oasis, stumbled and fell on a rock in front of its feet. We are the stepping stone causing Microsoft toe ache. Bet they can't wait to get past us.

I might let them though if there's enough in it for me. Give me D4, Quantum Break and some stuff. Lower the price.

#124 Edited by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Still sore I see. You just can't handle someone telling you that the PS4 and Sony aren't all that.

Hahahaha... Poor lemming.,.

#125 Edited by silversix_ (14794 posts) -

Because its Microsoft. No gamers are working for the company, only money grabbing f*ckers.

#126 Posted by metal_zombie (2288 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@clyde46 said:

Still sore I see. You just can't handle someone telling you that the PS4 and Sony aren't all that.

Hahahaha... Poor lemming.,.

why do you call him a lemming do you have proof that he's a lem?

#127 Edited by carljohnson3456 (12393 posts) -

They're a company wanting that dollar. I dont know what they were thinking besides that.

#128 Edited by KungfuKitten (21139 posts) -

@casharmy said:

They didn't.

They tried to test the limits of what they could get away with based on the what former fans allowed them to get away with their former platforms.

Basically, they were not thinking of people wanted only what they wanted and were seeing if people were stupid enough to go along with their selfish and consumer robbing scheme.

This is pretty much the perfect response. They simply didn't. That is the most logical explanation.

#129 Posted by TheEroica (13709 posts) -

@Davekeeh: Sony knew that they couldn't meet the deadline with drive club yet left it in as a launch title, misleading the public that they would have a competent launch lineup compared to the vastly superior x1 lineup... Sony is just as crooked as the next guy. Charletons and liars.

#130 Posted by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@Davekeeh: Sony knew that they couldn't meet the deadline with drive club yet left it in as a launch title, misleading the public that they would have a competent launch lineup compared to the vastly superior x1 lineup... Sony is just as crooked as the next guy. Charletons and liars.

So please name the so call vastly superior games the xbox one has..lol

Do you know that Forza will get a mandatory day 1 download.? The game will be shipped incomplete,when has this happen before in the console market history.? Because games get delay on launch happen all the time,but release of incomplete games.

So yeah if drive club was delay i say good is much better than sending an incomplete game like MS want to do.

#131 Posted by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

@tormentos: The quality of games is always going to be a matter of opinion and down to individual preference.

Sony promised a launch line-up of games and it appears they are going to be unable to deliver on them on time as they said they would.

MS promised a launch line-up of games and are delivering them on time as they said they would.

No cow logic can defend the fact that Sony dropped the ball here.

#132 Edited by Heil68 (45197 posts) -

Corporate greed, wanting to control the market and dictate it on their terms alone. Sickening really. They thought after dropping core in 2009 to go upwards of 65% casual with Kinect(lol) they could get away with it.

But then they had an abortion of a reveal and got knocked the fvck out at E3, then they shit canned their whole version with a "lolz, just kidding guys!!"

Xbone 180 was born and rightfully so.

Power to the people.

Never forget to Live, Learn and Love.

#133 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1603 posts) -

It's not hard for an organization like Microsoft to "get it wrong". The people making the decisions might not even use the product, and likely don't know most of the millions of people who bought the XBOX and XBOX 360.

Ultimately, they and their publisher buddies wanted to make changes to the way the game industry works - for their benefit - and thought consumers would put up with it. Obviously, some people will, but not enough to make the console successful.

And enough with the steam comparisons. I've installed Steam games on computers that go months without internet.

#134 Edited by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@tormentos: The quality of games is always going to be a matter of opinion and down to individual preference.

Sony promised a launch line-up of games and it appears they are going to be unable to deliver on them on time as they said they would.

MS promised a launch line-up of games and are delivering them on time as they said they would.

No cow logic can defend the fact that Sony dropped the ball here.

So that basically make any comments about better game line up on xbox one worthless.?

Please link this so call promise,and please prove how the PS4 would not be able to deliver because 1 game which you people have flame to hell got delay.?

What is MS delivering.? Forza,Killer Instinct 2 incomplete games.?

Ryse and Dead rising 1 average game at best,and another un proven boring hack and slash.

You do know the PS4 have other games that are on PC but no on xbox one right.? That well be both sold and free to play on launch and even cross platform with PC right.?

Games like warframe and war thunder,Resugun,Blacklight: Retribution and several others,i guess those don't count only games on xbox one count..

Games are games the PS4 has more games not on xbox one,that the other way around.

#135 Posted by lockjaw333 (1741 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@lockjaw333 said:

Actually Sony had a lot more going against it than price when the PS3 launched.

- Ridiculous price ($600 US)

- No worthwhile games in launch window (or for 1.5 years after release)

- Awful online service (PSN has come a looooooooong way from where it was at launch)

- Horrendous chat options

- Inability to invite friends to games

- Inability to do simple media apps like Netflix (it eventually got the ability, but required a Netflix disc be inserted)

People forget just how bad the PS3 was at launch. Everyone wants to forgive them for doing well the last few years of the gen.

So little knowledge i have been a PS3 owner since launch.

1-Yeah $600 for hardware that was as much as $1,450 on the competition was really ridiculous.

2-Resistance was very good,and online worked 10 times better than Gears of war did on 2006.

3-Yeah i was playing 20 vs 20 on dedicated serves on Resistance,while xbox fans were lagging as hell on gears not to mention host advantage issues bullet lag,it was a mess and the game was 4 vs 4,i know dedicated servers are like the new things for xbox fans now,but on PS consoles they have been use since the PS2 days while MS charged you for P2P.

4-Chat was very good and clear over bluetooth,dude what the hell are you smoking or a you referring to party chat.?

5-You could invite friends you could not cross invite from other games..

6- lol you really know sh** about the PS3,Netflix wasn't on PS3 as an app because MS payed for exclusivity,it was the reason why it had to run from a DVD,as soon as the deal was off,the PS3 got a proper app and guess what it was actually superior to the xbox 360 one..lol hahaha..

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/14/netflix-on-ps3-goes-disc-free-gets-1080i-streaming-and-5-1-surr/

1080p 5.1 sound before the xbox 360.,..haha

I have a PS3 as well. The thing was a paperweight until 2010.

As for Netflix, exclusive deal or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that the PS3 didnt have Netflix for a while. You wouldn't give a Microsoft console that excuse. I know that Netflix is better on PS3 now, 1080p and supports 5.1. Doesn't change the fact that the PS3 was late to almost every party this gen.

Also with game invites, there is a difference between being able to send a text message that says "Join my Resistance game" and what the 360 offered. The PS3 was and still is way behind in terms of social interaction and being able to easily play with friends.

The PS3 sucked for at least 2 years after launch and everyone wants to forget it.

#136 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3804 posts) -

They didn't misjudge anything... They don't care what people want... lol

They proved that... They just want your money, and the ability to control you. However, they underestimated the audience that would buy their products (thank god... some of you scared me).

They said they WOULD NOT CHANGE THEIR POLICIES.... then a couple days later they came crawling on their knees "being the good guys" and "listening to their customer base."

lol... BS.. They will do it all again as soon as they feel they can corner those invested heavily enough not to bail.

#137 Edited by cainetao11 (17741 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos said:

@WilliamRLBaker:

Let say they did how does that change the fact that sony was smart enough to change it way back and not facing a backlash for it.?

Dude that patent was summit on september 2012,and it was reveal on january 2013,the PS4 was reveal on February and not a single part of the reveal even hint DRM or block of used game,all you have to go for it a patent sony has,they have tons they don't use like dual GPU submit last year to.

How would Sony gain that smartness you speak of? Could it be from facing backlash for the $600 price of PS3? Or the DRE fiasco of PS2? You gotta fall down in order to learn and it was school's open for MS, where as Sony, being in this longer had the sense of experience. Better question: Who effin cares? Both consoles will have great games over the next few years and I'm playing them, not fanboy favorites. But, you go ahead and have at it.

The PS3 was $600 while been a damn Blu-ray player,the xbox was cheap DVD and was $400,blu-ray alone on 206 was $1,000 stand alone,so yeah for $600 the PS3 was a console and blu-ray player that else where was $1,400 so yeah even that the PS3 was expensive it was hardware that worth the price.

And the original xbox also had DRE dude where in hell were you on the PS2 generation,in fact thompsom drives on the xbox were the worse ones several millions of those were made,but every optical drive suffer from DRE,from PC to DC to PS,to GC to xbox 360 and PS3,the PS2 was so common because the damn PS2 sold like no other console ever sold,even so it was small compare to RROD and how much it cost MS.

This is not about learning from pass mistakes has MS blocked used games before.?

Has MS make an online only console that need checks every 24 hours.?

No they don't have,this is about MS taking some measures that were totally anti consumer,hearing about people complain of those things and ignoring them.

Apparently allot of people do care if we go by pre-orders and polls out there.

Everyone knows Sony wanted to win a format war, guy. I'm 41 years old, how old are you? Because I was a multiple PS2 owner due to DRE. No, the original Xbox was not prone to more failures over all, show some hard proof. We all know MS' policies were not liked by the majority, me included. But you, like so many are so quick to forgive and forget what Sony has done. Nobody had to sue Nintendo or MS to get them to admit something was their fault. WTF was so pro consumer about that? I know, we all know, you have a sick love affair with a company, but yes they have lied, and done wrong, and NO they don't care about you.

#138 Posted by cainetao11 (17741 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

@TheKingIAm:

A men, on Zune. Still love mine. Now unlike the others here, I don't believe any company cares about "its fans". The notion that companies have fans is effin stupid imo. They have customers. Some like Davekeeh thinks Sony cares about him, and well I hope SOMEONE does. I think MS really saw where console gaming is going to go. There already has been a market for downloadable games this past gen. I own over 40 digital titles between my PS3 and 360. But forcing it on the consumer base was a bad move. It will slowly happen, but that will be the consumers choice. As for how will it effect the X1 launch? The MS store is sold out, the walmart and gamestop stores are sold out here by Ft. Sill, so I think this console will sell. They wont match Sony's world wide numbers, and don't think they care.

If they did not care about sales the policies would still remain intact,and they would not be money hatting DF to make article about how an 1.18TF console is = to one with 1.84 TF based on out of this world theories and wishful thinking.

Not caring about matching Sony's world wide sales is not the same as not caring about sales.