how come no one talks on psn, everyone does on xbl

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

I don't understand why people would decide to attack me for the comment I made - you understand that i've personally seen the metrics on online VOIP usage in games on the 360? That they were in steady decline since the advent of parties? I'm not even the 1st one to bring this up - there are tons of journalists who have pointed out this very fact.

Parties are amazing - lets you communicate with your actual friends & colleagues, weeds out the would be nonsense that you normally tend to hear in MP gaming sessions. On PS4, things are bit trickier because the system treats a VOIP group as its own party, but I can have multiple parties going at once.

So in a game like Ghosts, I can have my own personal party chat, be a part of a another group of player's party, or I can be in the "party" chat of the lobby/session i'm currently playing in. Switching between any of these parties is easy, just go to the Party menu and switch you're audio to w/e group you want. However, the downside is that you can only have one active parties' audio going at once. It's the same system present on the 360, minus being a party of multiple parties at once.

However, TC, if you're judging the amount of anonymous VOIP usage by Killzone Shadowfall, don't; it doesn't support non-party VOIP in a game. IMO, terrible oversight for a game that has revolving gamemodes mid match and multiple classes. And, like I said in my original post, this is all subjective - i'm sure there are a ton of players who see all kinds of VOIP scenarios in the games they play online, regardless of platform.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

talking to strangers is pretty creepy. usually lonely people do this. and kids. both in abundance on Live.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54 brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

because its not filled with manchilds like lemmings

kicking and screaming evertime they get bodied

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Because they're not used to it. Headsets are a new thing for them.

I hate MP games where barely anyone talks. I might as well play with bots, what's the freaking difference. I have another problem on PC. People talk, in russian.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

@theshensolidus said:

I don't understand why people would decide to attack me for the comment I made - you understand that i've personally seen the metrics on online VOIP usage in games on the 360? That they were in steady decline since the advent of parties? I'm not even the 1st one to bring this up - there are tons of journalists who have pointed out this very fact.

Parties are amazing - lets you communicate with your actual friends & colleagues, weeds out the would be nonsense that you normally tend to hear in MP gaming sessions. On PS4, things are bit trickier because the system treats a VOIP group as its own party, but I can have multiple parties going at once.

So in a game like Ghosts, I can have my own personal party chat, be a part of a another group of player's party, or I can be in the "party" chat of the lobby/session i'm currently playing in. Switching between any of these parties is easy, just go to the Party menu and switch you're audio to w/e group you want. However, the downside is that you can only have one active parties' audio going at once. It's the same system present on the 360, minus being a party of multiple parties at once.

However, TC, if you're judging the amount of anonymous VOIP usage by Killzone Shadowfall, don't; it doesn't support non-party VOIP in a game. IMO, terrible oversight for a game that has revolving gamemodes mid match and multiple classes. And, like I said in my original post, this is all subjective - i'm sure there are a ton of players who see all kinds of VOIP scenarios in the games they play online, regardless of platform.

This is true especially on XBL, the PS3 didnt have a party system. So I'm not sure if people still talk on that. But I remember playing MW2, and I could hear plenty of people talking. Same goes for the 360, in Games like rainbow six,Halo,COD. But now a days its a ghost town. On the PC side of things I've never heard anyone talk, unless I joined their team speak channel, and plenty of people do talk in those.

gMcR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gMcR
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts

I think it's great. Saves me the trouble of muting everyone.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

@super600 said:

@renegade311 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@theshensolidus said:

People talk on XBL? As far as I can tell, party chat has pretty much shredded online communication between anonymous players. Not being able to communicate with the overall players in a game will tend to do that.

Been playing on PS4, and i've heard way more chatter than I did on PS3. It's all subjective I guess, but w/e.

People talk all the time when I play. Sounds like you're full of shit

He is full of shit, Shensolidus is a closet cow.

A developer is a closest cow. If you are going ot say something like that post proof.

This developer who was riding Famousmortimers cock, has had nothing but negative things to say about the Xbox One including spreading false BS about the OS running like sh*t, and Riding Sony's junk like there's no tomorrow. Being a developer doesn't make him any less of a cow, that is if he is a developer.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@theshensolidus said:

shen you told me I was being paid for by Microsoft, I cant take you seriously after that, you will get bashed everytime I think of you. lol

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@XBOunity:

The sad thing is you aren't being paid by Microsoft. If you were being paid, at least you would have an excuse.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

This should be known by now. If people have the option to talk to their friends, they'll opt for that over strangers in a game session. Doesn't matter what platform you're on.

On PC, I chat with my friends on Vent. I party chat on PS4 while playing Shadowfall because the game doesn't support in game VOIP. I don't have XBL, but my bro is in a party chat with his friends 90% of the time.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

No its because the headsets I mean earphones they have given out are absolutely useless they dont go in mu ears properly and feel horrid so I choose not to wear them, im waiting on my proper ones which are being released later this month.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheShensolidus

@XBOunity: Actually, you were banned from NeoGAF for being a shill, which the mods I know on there who have your information you used for your account stand by. But that was awhile ago.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By XBOunity

@theshensolidus: lol yeah and? you said I was being paid as an astroturfer, that just goes to show you that you guys are biased, you and bish are shills yourself, oh but xbox UI isn't going to work as its supposed to right? you are exposed, and I called you out on it at the time.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheShensolidus

@XBOunity: I know neither who you are or who you work for, so i'd never know conclusively whether you are or aren't, nor do I care really.

As for the OS, i'm glad it's mostly working in-time for launch, although the thing I was mentioning (party chat) is still sub-optimal, and is implemented exactly as I described, but who cares about that.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 XBOunity

@theshensolidus: well I wish you had the foresight to know that Microsoft wouldn't release a broken product. I called you out at the time for it, and I have faith in Microsoft. They were put under a lot of fire from people like yourself about yields, about broken ui's, snap crashing games, and nobody cared to asked about ps4. It seems that ps4 is the one with all the problems ironically, the wobble, the RLOD, WLOD, all kinds of troubleshooting bricked consoles, bf 4 running like shit and communities much bigger on xbo on the same game. psn/up down up down when load hits and now you are paying for it. Fact is that you are proven to biased, as is cboat, as it famous, and even my friend thuway, all hate Microsoft. You guys wanted them to fail a little too hard, now you pay.

also you did call me an astroturfer, and that was suggested to you by a mod, I laughed that off, just think it adds more to the evidence that neogaf and mods have a slant against Microsoft.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@gta50419 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Because sony fanboys are antisocial. Thats why they're Sony fanboys. Playstations have always been for playing alone. Nintendo and MS systems have always been for people with friends

I wanted to mentioned this also. Someone said playstation players are loners/ Anti social. I know me and the other 2 ppl i know that has playstation/ playstation fans are. but im not sure

wouldn't be surprised

so because 3 people are like that it means the Sony fanbase is? This is just a dumb train of thought

I've got a PS4 and am extremely antisocial. Having said that, I do prefer to use my mic during multiplayer, but I don't ever hear anyone. I'm not sure if it's because no one's talking or because I have to do something to turn it on. I have KZ:SF and BF4.

KZ is having game chat patch. I guess they thought for launch that party chat was sufficient but dumb move to me. BF4 is only squad chat unless you are leader then you chat to other leader I think.

Also playstation gamer have life and family and not always use chat beause is seeing as "nerdy". Xbox gamer are lonely and stuck in basement so they think XBL friend are real friend and party chat all the time with 10 hour game session daily.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

I thought it was considered antisocial when people curse at each other rather than bbeing silent. Just look at the "social" conversation at COD games lol....

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@gta50419 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Because sony fanboys are antisocial. Thats why they're Sony fanboys. Playstations have always been for playing alone. Nintendo and MS systems have always been for people with friends

I wanted to mentioned this also. Someone said playstation players are loners/ Anti social. I know me and the other 2 ppl i know that has playstation/ playstation fans are. but im not sure

wouldn't be surprised

so because 3 people are like that it means the Sony fanbase is? This is just a dumb train of thought

I've got a PS4 and am extremely antisocial. Having said that, I do prefer to use my mic during multiplayer, but I don't ever hear anyone. I'm not sure if it's because no one's talking or because I have to do something to turn it on. I have KZ:SF and BF4.

KZ is having game chat patch.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

From my experience XBL users are more obnoxious and just ramble on to anyone listening, so it isn't really talking as much as a bunch of people talking at eachother and not to eachother. I also tend to find a lot more obnoxious kids that think everyone wants to hear what they have to say, a lot of black guys who like to talk shit while playing, and a lot of guys that think they need to have a comment on everything that everyone says. Yes XBL has a lot more people who talk on there, but do they ever actually have anything to say? No not really. Its all just annoying buzzing in the background and its all forgotten in 10 minutes.

From my experience with PSN most users only chat when they need to. Or like on the PS4 they only talk to people they actually know and are friends with, they don't feel the need to just talk to anyone and everyone. They also tend to play the games more, they don't sit idle very much and they tend to be a lot more fun to play with or against.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I play CoD Ghosts online all the time and there are tons of mics on PSN. As of now, I believe the only way to have chat in KZSF is to create or join a party. As far as BF4 goes, Id say the issue there is that game is horrible and nobody is playing!!

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#72 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

THATS WHY

Good god why even give people such shitty headsets? That's horrible.

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@picklesurprise said:

bunch of introverted betas on playstation too scared to talk

What the **** did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

i will be masturbating to the thought of you until you arrive.

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

If people are talking they are mostly in party chats.. anyone who says otherwise if full of shit. This going for both XBL and PSN. Party chat ruined teaming up with randoms. I miss the halo 2 days..