how come no one talks on psn, everyone does on xbl

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gta50419 (337 posts) -

Always wondered this, Even on the ps4 where they came with headsets, No one talks.

#2 Posted by Mr_Ditters (1907 posts) -

Fewer little kids.

#3 Edited by lonewolf604 (8526 posts) -

Because that's the community it has built since the first XBOX days. And party chat.

#4 Posted by bloodlust_101 (2716 posts) -

Played some Killzone online last night. Not a single mic. I was shocked. But in my experience if one person turns on a mic others will join them. Then again it was late and most people probably didn't want to disturb others at home.

#5 Posted by mems_1224 (47271 posts) -

Because sony fanboys are antisocial. Thats why they're Sony fanboys. Playstations have always been for playing alone. Nintendo and MS systems have always been for people with friends

#6 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

I always thought Xbox had better features for this but I could be grossly ill informed. Otherwise I actually don't know why but Xbox is definitely more vocal during games

#7 Posted by gta50419 (337 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

Because sony fanboys are antisocial. Thats why they're Sony fanboys. Playstations have always been for playing alone. Nintendo and MS systems have always been for people with friends

I wanted to mentioned this also. Someone said playstation players are loners/ Anti social. I know me and the other 2 ppl i know that has playstation/ playstation fans are. but im not sure

wouldn't be surprised

#8 Posted by YD_11 (1857 posts) -

Perhaps it is because of the reportedly poor sound quality through the ps4 headsets (even worse through the pscamera) and no one wants to put up with it lol

#9 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@gta50419 said:
@mems_1224 said:

I wanted to mentioned this also. Someone said playstation players are loners/ Anti social. I know me and the other 2 ppl i know that has playstation/ playstation fans are. but im not sure

wouldn't be surprised

so because 3 people are like that it means the Sony fanbase is? This is just a dumb train of thought

#10 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8771 posts) -

@bloodlust_101:

For whatever reason, Killzone doesn't support voice chat at the moment.

#11 Posted by blangenakker (2392 posts) -

There's no games that need communication?

#12 Edited by handssss (1837 posts) -

Guessing the reports of party chat not working on the Xbone are true then. NOBODY ever talked once parties became a thing on the 360. Only exceptions were pretty much those rare times where you were forced out of it in order to be allowed to play a certain gametype.

#13 Posted by RoOodriGowW (3309 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

LOL Mems can always pull his fanboy crap outta nowhere, you're crazy if you think that the little world of rivalry of yours exists out of this forums, a more likely place to find loners like you btw.

On topic I reall think it depends on the game,then again i'd rather have a silent match than twelve year old kids cursing at each other, being racist and sexist.

#14 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

People talk on XBL? As far as I can tell, party chat has pretty much shredded online communication between anonymous players. Not being able to communicate with the overall players in a game will tend to do that.

Been playing on PS4, and i've heard way more chatter than I did on PS3. It's all subjective I guess, but w/e.

#15 Posted by mems_1224 (47271 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

People talk on XBL? As far as I can tell, party chat has pretty much shredded online communication between anonymous players. Not being able to communicate with the overall players in a game will tend to do that.

Been playing on PS4, and i've heard way more chatter than I did on PS3. It's all subjective I guess, but w/e.

People talk all the time when I play. Sounds like you're full of shit

#16 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8771 posts) -

Mems is schizophrenic confirmed.

#17 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (6013 posts) -

i dont ever hear people talk in most of the games i play... that goes for all the systems I have. PS3,360,PC,xbox one, and PS4. I can hear their annoying music sometimes, but those people get muted. Also it depends on the game as well, but for the most part I dont hear people talk in games. It dont mater to me, mostly because I'm always in a party chat, so I'm guessing other people are as well. Now having said all that I do remember people talking more on XBL, before we got the party chat feature in late 08, so maybe thats the reason its so quite these days. Because I remember games like Halo3,RSV,UNO,COD4, and lots of people talked on those. But like I said these days I dont hear anyone.

#18 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

THATS WHY

#19 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@theshensolidus said:

and you aren't?

ps4 has party chat, so the first thing I do before playing a game is I join or create a party. It's just like how it was on the 360.

Also, the voice quality doesn't suck. The ONLY thing that does is the low volume that comes with the included ps4 headset. (you can't really make voices any louder with it) However, my tritton axpro works on the ps4 and I have been using that instead. Even people with the crappy earpiece thing still sound pretty clear (which is no surprise since If you've watched many streams, the quality there is pretty good)

#20 Edited by picklesurprise (183 posts) -

bunch of introverted betas on playstation too scared to talk

#21 Posted by Spartan070 (16359 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

THATS WHY

^ Quoted for emphasis ^

#22 Edited by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

People talk on PSN all the time... perhaps they just don't want to talk to you.

XD

#23 Posted by Joedgabe (5119 posts) -

huh? People do talk a lot on the PSN ( i don't have PS4 or X1 though ) but from last gen they talked a lot online... i had to mute them... i remember this one dude once was like singing some strange foreign song that sounded like a national anthem it was annoying as fck.... kinda funny at the same time.. but imagine you playing and a bad singer singing ugh!

#24 Edited by Basinboy (11240 posts) -

Talk is cheap

Just play

#25 Posted by DarthBilf (1356 posts) -

As people said, chat tapered off at the end of the gen on the 360 once people settled into party chat. I kinda miss the Halo 3 days when everyone used a mic.

#26 Posted by lamprey263 (24208 posts) -

on the PS3 it might have been considered not easy by many to hook up the Bluetooth

on the PS4 maybe people are getting to love the party chat function and therefore they're outside the game chat

#28 Posted by navyguy21 (12954 posts) -

Party chat kind of ruined some games. I wish it was implemented a little better on both consoles.

#29 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

THATS WHY

#30 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: lol gorilla warfare :D

#31 Posted by KarateeeChop (4652 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

pretty much

#32 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

Console kids online just bitch at each other and call each other 'douchebag' and 'fag' and 'gay'.

#33 Edited by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

Console kids online just bitch at each other and call each other 'douchebag' and 'fag' and 'gay'.

Pretty much this. It's a world of difference on PC. I have yet to meet someone unfriendly using chat playing BF4. They are all over the place on CoD Ghosts for PS4.

#34 Edited by ButDuuude (476 posts) -

@gta50419 said:

Always wondered this, Even on the ps4 where they came with headsets, No one talks.

Everytime I play Call of Duty Ghosts on the PS4 everybody seems to have a mic and talk all the time, which I find very annoying. It's the same on the PS3..

#35 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

@mems_1224:

No. TheShensolidus is right. Xbox Live is hardly social because everybody is always fucking off in their private little parties.

#36 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

cuz I'm too shy

#37 Posted by freedomfreak (40954 posts) -

Have you seen the headset of the Ps4? Better not talk at all if you have to use something like that. Can't even adjust the volume on it.

#38 Posted by mems_1224 (47271 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@mems_1224:

No. TheShensolidus is right. Xbox Live is hardly social because everybody is always fucking off in their private little parties.

prove it

#39 Posted by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@theshensolidus said:

He is full of shit, Shensolidus is a closet cow.

#40 Posted by silversix_ (14794 posts) -

dunno but in bf4/ps4 i get a lot of r*tards blasting music so my mic is always muted lately

#41 Edited by FLOPPAGE_50 (770 posts) -

Cows are really antisocial and creepy.

#42 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25600 posts) -

Last time I played a match in Gears of War, no one communicated. Even though they had a Mic on.

#43 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: lol hahaha the cow has lost it

#44 Posted by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Implying that everyone who plays on the PS4 is a Sony fanboy...

#45 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

@mems_1224:

Ok. Add me. Let's jump into something like Halo 4 or Gears. 3 and see who is talking.

#46 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

@renegade311 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@theshensolidus said:

He is full of shit, Shensolidus is a closet cow.

A developer is a closest cow. If you are going ot say something like that post proof.

#47 Posted by Promised_Trini (3628 posts) -

@XBOunity: It appears you don't know what a joke is dude. Rainbow is showing how some people talk with mics you clown.

#48 Edited by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

I've lost hope for any civil communication ever since Halo 2 was released, so it doesn't bother me if no one talks with psn

#49 Posted by tormentos (18357 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@mems_1224:

prove it

It was one of my biggest complain in Halo reach,people with mics but the game dead silence,they were party chatting with others,and that actually ruins games,because if you are playing to win party chat get in the way,team work is loss because several people are chatting with others.

#50 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@gta50419 said:
@mems_1224 said:

wouldn't be surprised

so because 3 people are like that it means the Sony fanbase is? This is just a dumb train of thought

I've got a PS4 and am extremely antisocial. Having said that, I do prefer to use my mic during multiplayer, but I don't ever hear anyone. I'm not sure if it's because no one's talking or because I have to do something to turn it on. I have KZ:SF and BF4.