How can Resistance rival Gears.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for LiquidSnakesdad
LiquidSnakesdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LiquidSnakesdad
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts

I got the first with my PS3 at launch and it was just awful, the graphics were horrible and the gameplay was nothing special. After seeing the e3 trailer number 2 look exactly the same and a big automated monster patrolling a city isn't enough to make me buy a game so am i missing out on something here?, I dont get what all the hype is about.

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts

8 player online co-op with classes, also 60 player online.

And SP looks alot more fleshed out this time.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts

Some of us liked the first one, the second one looks and sounds like a decent improvement.

Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
I love the weapons in Resistance. Insomniac knows how to make some good flippin weapons. Resistance was a great game, but it's not on the same level as Gears is.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50704 Posts
The first one was really good and R2 looks to be freaking awesome.
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts

Resistance is a good game, and R2 looks great also, but no way does it compare with Gears of War and Gears 2.

Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts
Resistance is no gears by any means, but it's still a great fps. The sequal seems promising.
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
The gameplay will be improved from the first one. Resistance was never about mind blowing graphics in the first place and I don't get why it's being compared with gears.
hmac777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hmac777
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
Progress, A company that has shown they can make solid games has a new years worth experience. Also with Gears they may or may not fall into a "if its not broke, dont fix it" hole, so while Resistance drastically improves, Gears may be the same experience with new skin. Not saying it definietyly will or wont happen, but it could
killzones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killzones
Member since 2004 • 1738 Posts

Gears looks amazing

Resistance 2 looks great too

check this video out

http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/resistance2/videos/8101

darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darkenedsquire
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

I never understoof this in '06 and don't understand it now why is gears being compared to resistance?

They're both really good games I've only recently picked up resistance and I'm really enjoying it definatly a decent launch title that's for sure I just hope resistance 2 just builds on the formula and delivers a AAA experience.

Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts

I never understoof this in '06 and don't understand it now why is gears being compared to resistance?darkenedsquire

Because they're the premier shooter on each console (that and Halo), they came out at the same time, their on rival consoles, and they were new IPs. They'll always be linked to each other. I want both, but I'm PUMPED for Gears 2.
Gator08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Gator08
Member since 2006 • 1459 Posts
Everyone knows that resistance can't come close to touching gears of war. It still looks like a good game though. The only people who think it will be better then gears 2 are fanboys.
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
Everyone knows that resistance can't come close to touching gears of war. It still looks like a good game though. The only people who think it will be better then gears 2 are fanboys.Gator08
or the people who liked resistance 1 over gears 1, like me.
killzones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killzones
Member since 2004 • 1738 Posts

One gets bored of stop and pop style after a while. I tired of Gears after a while. But i am still playing Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 and Resistance because of their awesome fast online multiplayer.

Gears multiplayer will be good for a while but I will be playing the epic 60 player competitive and 8 player coop of Resistance2 way longer than Gears of War 2.

xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
Well Resistance 2 looks pretty good but its not even close to how good Gears of War 2 will be.
LagSwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LagSwitch
Member since 2008 • 529 Posts

The question is, how can Gears rival Resistance?

The first R was a launch title.

There is much room for improvment.

The first gears was excellent, but it will disappoint because of people "expecting more".

Resistance will just wow everyone.

It will sell millions of ps3s and advance the ps3 beyond the 360.

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts

I love the weapons in Resistance. Insomniac knows how to make some good flippin weapons. Resistance was a great game, but it's not on the same level as Gears is.Millennium_King

ohh who here we go fps vs action adventure game this thread is stupid and should ve locked.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

How can Civilization Revolution rival Gears? How can Motorstorm 2 rival Gears?

Seriously this comparison between Resistance and Gears is stupid. They're different games, trying to achieve different things (visually, gameplay-wise, story-wise, etc).

If anything compare Resistance to Halo, or Call of Duty.

Gears is more of a tactical cover based shooter. You'd compare it with something like Ghost Recon, Uncharted, or whatever.

Now stop with this.

clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts

I got the first with my PS3 at launch and it was just awful, the graphics were horrible and the gameplay was nothing special. After seeing the e3 trailer number 2 look exactly the same and a big automated monster patrolling a city isn't enough to make me buy a game so am i missing out on something here?, I dont get what all the hype is about.

LiquidSnakesdad

If the game was so horrible like u said it is then why did bungie take some of its ideas from resistance and use them in halo 3? Yes the bubble shield was from resistance and also the spike grenades also were from resistance. To me it doesnt matter that bungie did that but its good to see even huge devs like bungie see some cool features from a game u call crap and use them ideas in there game aswell. :)

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
[QUOTE="LiquidSnakesdad"]

clintos59

If the game was so horrible like u said it is then why did bungie take some of its ideas from resistance and use them in halo 3? Yes the bubble shield was from resistance and also the spike grenades also were from resistance. To me it doesnt matter that bungie did that but its good to see even huge devs like bungie see some cool features from a game u call crap and use them ideas in there game aswell. :)

Bungie didn't start developing the game when Resistance came out you know...they started developing Halo 3 right after Halo 2.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

LiquidSnakesdad

R1 gfx were great so was the gameplay.Gears had a little better textures but has only like 8 enemies on screen + they vanish after they die. Also its foliage is crap compared to R1 and is some cheap trick that is just a moving blur.

Watch the gears demo again,what did its monster do but shoot in ONLY one direction and let you walk behind it...not very smart compared at all.

Gunblade20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gunblade20
Member since 2006 • 453 Posts

LiquidSnakesdad

Gears gameplay wasn't anything spcial either. Its just how good you do what you bring to the table.