How can most of you say that Next consoles have more power then current PC's?

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

While I don't think they will be more powerfual than a full fledged Gaming PC, I do expect them to be more powerful than the average gaming PC.

#152 Posted by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

While I don't think they will be more powerfual than a full fledged Gaming PC, I do expect them to be more powerful than the average gaming PC.

ShadowMoses900

What is an average gaming PC?

#153 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

When people say "PC" what do they mean?

%99 of PC's sold have integrated graphics and can't play anything.

The %1 can play most stuff sold on Steam and %0.0000001 can boast the latest greatest hardware that /might/ be able to compete with something that comes in a PS4/720 box in 2013.

Meanwhile Jane Q Public will walk into Walmart in 2013 and buy little johnny something that rivals your lovingly built rig for $299 (less than half of what you spent) that will be able to play blockbuster games like Halo and Last of Us in addition to all the mainstream games like Farcry, Borderlands, GTA, etc.

And you will spend the next 8 years in a rage about it.

#154 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

lundy86_4

What is an average gaming PC?

Hard to say, but I'd say one that can run games like Cyrsis etc....maybe at max settings, maybe not, but I do expect next gen consoles to be able to compete with the "average" gaming PC as it stands now.

There will be a jump, just not that big of one. It's about convienance and cost, most people now cannot afford to drop several hundred dollars on things, especially video games. The economic situation is still rough.

This is why I think the Wii U will be very successful.

#155 Posted by NoodleFighter (7034 posts) -

Ugh at all the people saying that a pc in 2006 was better than a PS3. To get one that good you would've had to spend over $1000 and it probably wouldn't even play games like GTA4 above medium at 720p because of the cpu.

cain006

8800Gt says hi and GTA IV wasn't so peachy on consoles either

#156 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

The %1 can play most stuff sold on Steam and %0.0000001 can boast the latest greatest hardware that /might/ be able to compete with something that comes in a PS4/720 box in 2013.

Meanwhile Jane Q Public will walk into Walmart in 2013 and buy little johnny something that rivals your lovingly built rig for $299 (less than half of what you spent) that will be able to play blockbuster games like Halo and Last of Us in addition to all the mainstream games like Farcry, Borderlands, GTA, etc.

ZombieKiller7

LOL so if there are 1,000,000,000 (1 Billion) PC's that means that only 100will be able to compete with the PS4/720?

if there are 100,000,000 only 10 and only 10,000,000 just 1???:lol:

#157 Posted by GarGx1 (2605 posts) -

ZombieKiller7

Wow! I have got to get me one of those $299 consoles that can play exclusives for both Sony and Microsoft systems.

#158 Posted by MK-Professor (3788 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Learn what common sense is, then understand that what you said was complete crap. Look, you have no idea what you are talking about, and you are passing it off like you do. Just stop, it's sad.

lundy86_4

so by your logic people buy 2-3 games per year? Face the truth man, and accept that adding the cost of games, pc gaming became cheaper. and that was my initial point.

You seriously came back to this? Stop inferring things that aren't happening. My logic, is that you should provide evidence to your claims. Something you haven't done in, what, 3 days? I think it's time to admit that you're talking out of your ass.

I see, we have trouble here accepting that: adding the cost of games pc gaming can became cheaper.

#159 Posted by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

I see, we have trouble here accepting that: adding the cost of games pc gaming can became cheaper.

MK-Professor

*sigh*

More avoiding the fact that you cannot provide evidence to support your claim. Hey, you can't substantiate your own argument, that's fine. Most people would have let it die, but apparently you like attempting to lessen the IQ of others... We don't all want to be at your level, ok?

#160 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1763 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

PS3 destroys near all PC's you could build in 2005. But... being a console you dont even need to be as strong as a PC to beat it. Consoles have optimizing PC gaming will never have. Also very strong dev support helps (naughty dog, santa monica, guerrilla games :cool:)

KillzoneSnake

PS3 came out in 2006 and the 8800GTX that is older still play games with better graphics and performance than ps3.

an 8800 GTX came out at the same time as the PS3 :roll:

Wrong, the 8800 came out a week before! get your facts straight! >:O Also, the 8800GTX is more powerful than the PS3 as a whole!
#161 Posted by clyde46 (45988 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

lundy86_4

*sigh*

More avoiding the fact that you cannot provide evidence to support your claim. Hey, you can't substantiate your own argument, that's fine. Most people would have let it die, but apparently you like attempting to lessen the IQ of others... We don't all want to be at your level, ok?

What is he babling about?

#162 Posted by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

clyde46

He was attempting to make PCs out to be the cheaper form of entertainment, by averaging the amount of games people buy with the associated cost. I asked for evidence regarding the average amount of games an individual buys, with the average cost. Suffice to say, he can't find any evidence... Yet he still carries on.

I wouldn't have an issue, if it were well documented, and I could then see how it is cheaper. Kinda hard without the evidence :P

It's kind of embarassing.

#163 Posted by clyde46 (45988 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

lundy86_4

He was attempting to make PCs out to be the cheaper form of entertainment, by averaging the amount of games people buy with the associated cost. I asked for evidence regarding the average amount of games an individual buys, with the average cost. Suffice to say, he can't find any evidence... Yet he still carries on.

I wouldn't have an issue, if it were well documented, and I could then see how it is cheaper. Kinda hard without the evidence :P

Gaming on any platform is as expensive or cheap as you make it.
#164 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="cain006"]

Ugh at all the people saying that a pc in 2006 was better than a PS3. To get one that good you would've had to spend over $1000 and it probably wouldn't even play games like GTA4 above medium at 720p because of the cpu.

NoodleFighter

8800Gt says hi and GTA IV wasn't so peachy on consoles either

And that card alone cost about as much as the PS3. And I meant games that use the cpu a lot. Pretty much any game like that would barely work on a computer built in 2006.

#165 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

They won't due to SLI/Crossfire.

#166 Posted by ronvalencia (15110 posts) -

ZombieKiller7
Intel has about 50 percent of the PC GPU market. NVidia's 15 percent only includes dGPUs since they have exited from the IGP market i.e Intel kicked NVidia from PC's IGP market.
#167 Posted by Krelian-co (10660 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

lundy86_4

what does it matter, quality always comes first, you want quality you pay more hence the pc. I do believe pc is more expensive but it delivers the money i spend on it in a huge quality gap between consoles and the pc. So kids can't afford a good pc, go play your consoles and come here saying its the best experience ever just because you don't know better or need to validate your purchase against the better product, quite childish really.

#168 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1763 posts) -
The power, and cooling requirements of new high-end GPU's prevent them from being used in consoles, I just don't see the new consoles using anything other then budget mid-range parts.
#169 Posted by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

what does it matter, quality always comes first, you want quality you pay more hence the pc. I do believe pc is more expensive but it delivers the money i spend on it in a huge quality gap between consoles and the pc.

Krelian-co

Not everything is "quality" regarding the PC. Much like consoles, there are detractors. It's up to the end user on which offers more quality.

So kids can't afford a good pc, go play your consoles and come here saying its the best experience ever just because you don't know better or need to validate your purchase against the better product, quite childish really.

Krelian-co

Stop being an idiot.

#170 Posted by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

Gaming on any platform is as expensive or cheap as you make it. clyde46

Pretty much my exact thoughts. There are way too many variables at the end of the day.

#171 Posted by PC_Otter (1623 posts) -
The power, and cooling requirements of new high-end GPU's prevent them from being used in consoles, I just don't see the new consoles using anything other then budget mid-range parts.AlexKidd5000
Yup TDW and TDP and grown drastically for GPUs, and this generation in general was already pushing 200+ W before the revisions began. However, what can be done in 200W is still quite a bit of room to work with when you look at high end gaming laptops. Not only have a CPU, GPU, and [possibly] a copious amount RAM and other necessary components for a PC, but also peripheral devices like the monitor, USB, SATA ports and still come in under 150W and often close to 100W. An APU concentrates TDW and TDP into a single component which can make heat and power management easier (unless it's REALLY high). A separate CPU and GPU is still feasible, though with the limited financial resources and price involved with designing profitable consoles, and APU would make sense. Software drives sales more than anything anyways, and even inferior hardware can have better software for it that attracts the masses. The next generation like this one, likely won't involve any kind of real tangible or drastic hardware superiority in either house, so again we'll see plenty of multiplatforming, and even the superior system (if there is one) will pretty much have the same experience as the other. Exclusives will still be the real showcase, assuming we see a decent number of them. The online experience, non-gaming application, and actual games library are what matters more than anything.
#172 Posted by SonySoldier-_- (735 posts) -

Console gamers just like to get hermits mad by making these claims. Hermits are sitting at their computer desks right now and they're furious.

#173 Posted by MK-Professor (3788 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

lundy86_4

*sigh*

really? do i need to provide evidences that me and my friends buy around 15 games per year :?

#174 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

I have a GTX680, I5 cpu and 12 gig DDR3 ram. I dont think any next gen console will even come close to those specs.

But we all know it is not just about specs. Most pc games dont even come close to using the hardware i spent so much money on. Console games are optimized better and get better results using less specs available, so i would expect many next gen games to look on par with anything my PC is capable. Just Saying.

telefanatic

not really. WE really only see really optimized game later in the gen when devs are trying to squeeze ever last bit out of consoles. At the beginning of a generation there isn't a whole lot of optimization going on.

That is true Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior tottaly blew me away graphicaly on 360 and Gears of War, there was also Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube which looked fantastic for its time. Then we got Crysis and everything looked like $hit afte that., thats not what i meant really, i just a ton of threads where people state that the next consoles will be a lot more powerful then most gaming rigs that we have. Thats a lie,

They won't be more powerful but hte hardware will see higher utilization compared to PC's. So your midrange PC thats about equivalent in specs will probably be fairly inferior, and thats only IF they go with the latest and greatest tech. It doesn't seem like that will happen this time around....
#175 Posted by mariokart64fan (19444 posts) -

well

1 your in systemwars lol so expect them to think that

2 I honestly dont expect ms and sony to be pushing for crazy specs they will be conservative say 2.5 gig ram or less . but still enough to get us by . remember graphics are not the all end all of games ,

3 if they do go crazy system wars wont buy it because it would be expensive theres no doubt to that just look at ps3 , as a reminder or better yet the 3do (launched at 699.99) no body even bothered with that thing , and im sure if 1 of the two scew up and get a expensive price tag say 700 no ones bothering with it either . if 2 of the systems are 300-400 the higher end is going to lose!

#176 Posted by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

MK-Professor

*sigh*

really? do i need to provide evidences that me and my friends buy around 15 games per year :?

Anecdotal evidence.

#177 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

Console gamers just like to get hermits mad by making these claims. Hermits are sitting at their computer desks right now and they're furious.

SonySoldier-_-
Do we know if they're actually angry? Stick to what's actually said instead of implying.
#178 Posted by 04dcarraher (19480 posts) -

[QUOTE="SonySoldier-_-"]

lowe0

Do we know if they're actually angry? Stick to what's actually said instead of implying.

Many are angry at you for posting your opinion!:evil:

:P

#179 Posted by loosingENDS (11799 posts) -

Thats just not plausible ? You guys think the next PS4 or Xbox will have some crazy specs ? Most PC gamers spend around $800- $1200 on a really nice rig, this is just not possible for the next consoles to have atleast a 660 GTX or a good AMD card, both 660 gtx or ATI 7950 go around for $300 on newegg, and thats what most of us have in our rigs, so you think these manufacturers will throw all these awesome parts in there and build these consoles with a starting price tag of $400 or $500 ??? I'm not even taking into consideration the ram,hdd,motherboards,cpus, and all the other little things that go into building a console, what about the next controllers ? They will probably be following the Wii U route with tablets, and thats just gonna up the price even more! So with that discuss.

telefanatic

Why not ?

Xbox 360 GPU is still destroying A10 latest APUs and was 10.000x stronger than a 10.000$ PC of 2005 with SLI 7800GTX that is completly useless and cant run anything today, unlike 360 that still makes exclusive PC games look like jokes (see Halo 4 vs Diablo 3 )

Xbox 360 had a 300$ cost and was 10.000x stronger than a 10.000$ PC of 2005, so why not ?

#180 Posted by clyde46 (45988 posts) -

[QUOTE="telefanatic"]

Thats just not plausible ? You guys think the next PS4 or Xbox will have some crazy specs ? Most PC gamers spend around $800- $1200 on a really nice rig, this is just not possible for the next consoles to have atleast a 660 GTX or a good AMD card, both 660 gtx or ATI 7950 go around for $300 on newegg, and thats what most of us have in our rigs, so you think these manufacturers will throw all these awesome parts in there and build these consoles with a starting price tag of $400 or $500 ??? I'm not even taking into consideration the ram,hdd,motherboards,cpus, and all the other little things that go into building a console, what about the next controllers ? They will probably be following the Wii U route with tablets, and thats just gonna up the price even more! So with that discuss.

loosingENDS

Why not ?

Xbox 360 GPU is still destroying A10 latest APUs and was 10.000x stronger than a 10.000$ PC of 2005 with SLI 7800GTX that is completly useless and cant run anything today, unlike 360 that still makes exclusive PC games look like jokes (see Halo 4 vs Diablo 3 )

Xbox 360 had a 300$ cost and was 10.000x stronger than a 10.000$ PC of 2005, so why not ?

Talking out your ass again, nothing new there then.
#181 Posted by 04dcarraher (19480 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="telefanatic"]

clyde46

Why not ?

Talking out your ass again, nothing new there then.

storm-troopers+move+along.jpg

#182 Posted by Jag85 (4455 posts) -

If the PS4's 4K rumours turn out to be true, then it should at least be on-par with a high-end PC.

#183 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="SonySoldier-_-"]

04dcarraher

Many are angry at you for posting your opinion!:evil:

:P

This must be another example of my making threads about me that I keep hearing about.