How can anyone say the Wii U isn't for kids

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

2 Recent Wii U Commercials aired on TV

and this

Compare those to this...

It's clear Nintendo is aiming at the kids market for sales.

MS/Sony targets teens/adults.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

They aim at multiple markets. Bayonetta 2 kinda undermines your point.

#3 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8220 posts) -

If the game is fun then so what? Mario games r fun for kids and adults.

#4 Posted by clyde46 (45133 posts) -

TC doesn't like fun I see.

#5 Posted by g0ddyX (3906 posts) -

The Sheep on here beg to differ.

Fun?

Every game can be fun.

#6 Edited by MonsieurX (29578 posts) -

ZombiU isn't for kids

And anyone can enjoy Mario games

#7 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

wii u isn't for kids. it's for kid flavoured substitutes made from tofu.

#8 Posted by Suppaman100 (3779 posts) -

Indeed, nintendo wants to get the kids/casuals.

Although this time it's harder because ninty's new gimmick doesn't catch the attention of casuals.

#9 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

Indeed, nintendo wants to get the kids/casuals.

Although this time it's harder because ninty's new gimmick doesn't catch the attention of casuals.

Yeah, btw dude.

Last night I went to Target with a couple of friends, the night after Black Friday there was still a stack of Wii U's available, these were the NSMB Wii U ones too.

The Wii U sales are pretty much what the Wii would have been selling like if the gimmick didn't take off the way it did.

#10 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24929 posts) -

And What does Knack cater to?

#11 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8776 posts) -

It's kind of funny. These "kiddy" games offer a higher difficulty peak than the majority of mainstream "mature" gaming. Makes you think.

Those commercials are a good move because Nintendo is targeting an audience that the other two seem to overlook for the most part.

#12 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

Show me one Nintendo commercial post-Wii era that seemed like it was targeting the teen-adult demographic.

#13 Posted by farrell2k (5811 posts) -

Wind Waker is entirely too complicated for kids...

#14 Posted by foxhound_fox (87757 posts) -

It's designed to appeal to all demographics from young children to adults. And not those insecure with their image adults either, true, have-fun-for-the-sake-of-fun type adults.

#15 Posted by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Show me one Nintendo commercial post-Wii era that seemed like it was targeting the teen-adult demographic.

#16 Posted by MonsieurX (29578 posts) -

#17 Posted by clyde46 (45133 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Implying you need guns and violence to appeal to the teen generation.

#18 Edited by RoccoHout (980 posts) -

It's kind of funny. These "kiddy" games offer a higher difficulty peak than the majority of mainstream "mature" gaming. Makes you think.

Was thinking the same thing, most ''mature'' games are very easy 6 hour campaigns or so, while most ''childish'' games can take up like 14 hours and be very difficult

#19 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24929 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

>"What Does Knack Cater To?"

>Shows a Killzone commercial.

Good job avoiding the question.

Also, 2010.

#20 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Nintendo didn't make Zombi U.

Sony made Knack and KZSF

Also you will never see anyone in High School, College, or anywhere be like lets go play Mario or Nintendo.

When people talk or want to play something with there friends, its lets go play Xbox or Playstation.

#21 Posted by MonsieurX (29578 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@x1ps4life said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Implying you need guns and violence to appeal to the teen generation.

You need boobs

#22 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

>"What Does Knack Cater To?"

>Shows a Killzone commercial.

Good job avoiding the question.

Also, 2010.

More games Nintendo did not make, keep it up.

Tecmo, the creators of Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive aka mature games made that commercial.

Try again.

#23 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

And yet Super Mario 3D world shits on any of the trash games found on the garbage ps4 and X1

#24 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

And yet Super Mario 3D world shits on any of the trash games found on the garbage ps4 and X1

Mario 3D World sells Less than 100,000 in Japan

This guy is speaking as if Mario is still relevant.

#25 Posted by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

Sony made Knack and KZSF

Also you will never see anyone in High School, College, or anywhere be like lets go play Mario or Nintendo.

When people talk or want to play something with there friends, its lets go play Xbox or Playstation.

You asked for a Nintendo commercial. I gave you one.

Your argument is flawed, and was disproven. Just skulk away, and we'll forget you in a few minutes.

#26 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24929 posts) -

More games Nintendo did not make, keep it up.

Tecmo, the creators of Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive aka mature games made that commercial.

Try again.

The logic you just spilled means Killzone is not a Sony game because Sony didn't even actually make Killzone.

#27 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

It appears as if Nintendo desperate attempt to try and reach the kids market isn't working

If you are a gamer, this should make you happy.

I'm happy

#28 Posted by clyde46 (45133 posts) -

>Discredits Nintendo first party games.

>Credits Sony with creating Killzone

LeL

#29 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

Sony made Knack and KZSF

Your argument is flawed, and was disproven. Just skulk away, and we'll forget you in a few minutes.

I asked for a Nintendo commercial Nintendo MADE

Not a 3rd PARTY

I never thought you were this dumb.

#30 Posted by MonsieurX (29578 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

Because of low console numbers in Japan

#31 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8776 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

It appears as if Nintendo desperate attempt to try and reach the kids market isn't working

I'm happy

If you're a "gamer" this should make you really REALLY sad.

Also that Metroid Commercial is a Nintendo commercial. It was half developed by Nintendo (directed by a major Nintendo developer)and half developed by Team Ninja and published by Nintendo. Get your facts straight before making such comments

#32 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Rage010101 said:

Yeah, like the rest of the world, Japan is done with Nintendo inability to create new titles.

Saw a stack of Mario Edition Wii U's at target last night.

You are welcome.

#33 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24929 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@x1ps4life said:

Sony made Knack and KZSF

Not a 3rd PARTY

I gave you a first party Nintendo title and you discredited it because it had Team Ninja on it.

Must Be Nintendo EAD before it can be considered a Nintendo game huh?

#34 Edited by clyde46 (45133 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Rage010101 said:

Nah, because of this.

You are welcome.

>Quotes numbers from Japan

>Tries to back it up with a US chart

Stay classy TC.

#35 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

I'm happy

If you're a "gamer" this should make you really REALLY sad.

No, Nintendo as you saw with the Wii era would prefer if games like Wii Sports and Wii Fit were the norm. Games such as these are much easier on devs and can be popped out easily whereas hardcore games require a lot more work/effort.

Gamers rejoice, Nintendo will either move the handheld market soley or pull out of the gaming business (best option for us)

#36 Edited by AtariKidX (6211 posts) -

Those Commercialsare are for laughs....lolol

kids casuals they don't care for the Nintendo games anymore.......they want PS3 and XBOX360 because they are better and cheaper than the Wii eww.

#37 Posted by MonsieurX (29578 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Rage010101 said:

Nah, because of this.

You are welcome.

LOL

Talking about sales in Japan,then show a US chart of sales for Walmart and Target

#38 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@x1ps4life said:

Sony made Knack and KZSF

Not a 3rd PARTY

I gave you a first party Nintendo title and you discredited it because it had Team Ninja on it.

Nintendo did not make the game, what do you not understand?

Tecmo used the IP from Nintendo and made there spin of the game, had Nintendo made the game this commercial would look similar to the one on the OP.

#39 Posted by babycakin (1400 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@x1ps4life said:

Sony made Knack and KZSF

Not a 3rd PARTY

You couldn't be more wrong when it comes to high school, college NEVER saying let's go play Nintendo. This is why anything you say should be thrown out the trash

#40 Edited by clyde46 (45133 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@x1ps4life said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@x1ps4life said:

Sony made Knack and KZSF

Not a 3rd PARTY

Tecmo used the IP from Nintendo and made there spin of the game, had Nintendo made the game this commercial would look similar to the one on the OP.

Wat.

#41 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

kids casuals they don't care for the Nintendo games anymore.......they want PS3 and XBOX360 because they are better and cheaper than the Wii eww.

This, kids today can grow up playing games like Killzone, Halo, GTA, Battlefield, CoD.

Sheep really think todays kid give a f*ck about Mario?

Mario to kids today is a saturday cartoon line up kinda joke.

Things are different now and unless Nintendo learns to adapt they aren't going to be around much longer.

#42 Posted by clyde46 (45133 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

This, kids today can grow up playing games like Killzone, Halo, GTA, Battlefield, CoD.

Things are different now and unless Nintendo learns to adapt they aren't going to be around much longer.

What a terrible generation we live in.

#43 Edited by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

Not a 3rd PARTY

That is a Nintendo WiiU TV spot, using a third-party Mature rated game. Sorry, bro.

At the end of the day, your argument was debunked in this thread.

#44 Edited by MonsieurX (29578 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

That's why Mario games on the Wii outsold pretty much every other game last gen?

#45 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Rage010101 said:

Nah, because of this.

You are welcome.

LOL

Talking about sales in Japan,then show a US chart of sales for Walmart and Target

This is the trend globally, Worldwide disinterest for the Wii and Nintendo.

See the way people went insane for XB1 and PS4? None of that would happen for a Nintendo console.

Wii U is on its way to selling worse than the Gamecube, Wii was a fad which sent many of its owners to letting the thing collect dust thus allowing them to move on to PS/Xbox and seeing the light.

Nobody cares about the Wii U.

#46 Posted by AtariKidX (6211 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

True.........kids today they love games like Battlefield, CoD,Killzone, Halo,Gears of war,God of War and many others.

The only ones who buy those Nintendo games today are girls gamers who love those poor and silly nintendo games.

#47 Edited by dotWithShoes (4834 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Honestly how hard is it to delete quotes? Good god it's not difficult. Anyways, here Metroid Other M was developed by "Project M", a team which consists of staff members from Nintendo, Team Ninja, and D-Rockets.

#48 Posted by MonsieurX (29578 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@AtariKidX said:

True.........kids today they love games like Battlefield, CoD,Killzone, Halo,Gears of war,God of War and many others.

The only ones who buy those Nintendo games today are girls gamers who love those poor and silly nintendo games.

Someone's in denial of the best selling games of last gen

#49 Posted by AtariKidX (6211 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life said:

@MonsieurX said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Rage010101 said:

Nah, because of this.

You are welcome.

LOL

This is the trend globally, Worldwide disinterest for the Wii and Nintendo.

See the way people went insane for XB1 and PS4? None of that would happen for a Nintendo console.

Wii U is on its way to selling worse than the Gamecube, Wii was a fad which sent many of its owners to letting the thing collect dust thus allowing them to move on to PS/Xbox and seeing the light.

Nobody cares about the Wii U.

WiiU is already a dead console in Europe.....sad bad true.

#50 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@AtariKidX said:

Yeah, exactly.

Nintendo is desperately trying to reach out to the audience that may care about them, little girls and pedos (srs)

Literally all the people I know who bought a Wii all say fuck WIi U and want a PS4 or X1.