How can anyone say a bad word about the Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

Let me start by saying, I am not a wii fanboy. I am a hermit, through and through. Look at my post history.

I find it hard to believe people can say bad things about the wii though. As a father of 3 children i find the wii fantastic. Its such a brilliant family entertainment console. Some truly great games too. I find it a great release from pc gaming and think it compliments the pc so well.

Its almost impossible to buy one in the uk at the moment as my family is finding out. The success of this console is unbelievable. Why do so many people hate it so much?

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
As a 19 year old who had finished SMG, I find the Wii useless.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

let me try...

ITS TRASH..lol

there you go.heheh

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

Let me start by saying, I am not a wii fanboy. I am a hermit, through and through. Look at my post history.

I find it hard to believe people can say bad things about the wii though. As a father of 3 children i find the wii fantastic. Its such a brilliant family entertainment console. Some truly great games too. I find it a great release from pc gaming and think it compliments the pc so well.

Its almost impossible to buy one in the uk at the moment as my family is finding out. The success of this console is unbelievable. Why do so many people hate it so much?

Frozzik

kind of answered it yourself really.

OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 OremLK
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts
As a dedicated hermit and the proud owner of a 360, I definitely don't hate it. It's a cool console and it does have some really solid games, though they're mostly first party as per usual with Nintendo. The only "bad word" I would say about the Wii is that it doesn't offer HD. I firmly believe that if the Wii had cost $50 more and Nintendo had pushed the graphics just a bit farther, the Wii would be dominating all segments of the market right now, not just the (admittedly very large) casual/nongamer part.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
The graphics suck. :shock: I just did! And yes i don't enjoy playing last generation PS2 games with a motion sensitive "button".
ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts

Most of the games don't appeal to me...

I'll probably end up picking one up at some point if it gets a pricecut

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

There aren't that many EPIC games on the Wii. Nothing complex in story or character and relies completely on a control scheme for appeal.

Theres only 3 games imo even worth looking at is SMG, SSBB and metroid. 3 games isn't enough for me to warrant a purchase....unless they release the next Zelda.

wisdomWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wisdomWarrior
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

It's awesome. Most people like it. Just ppl on system wars that are strange, haha.

RE4 is fanstastic on Wii.

Thebettertwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thebettertwin
Member since 2005 • 1051 Posts
nintendos approach to online is s*** hence the wii is bad
MikeB_74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MikeB_74
Member since 2007 • 829 Posts

It's awesome. Most people like it. Just ppl on system wars that are strange, haha.

wisdomWarrior

its better on gamecube :|

Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts

I bought a Wii last April because I wanted to play Zelda: TP, and I knew I'd be buying a Wii when SMG released anyway... and since there was a 0.000001% chance of there being a price cut on the thing in the first year, I decided it didn't really matter if I spent the $300 CAD + Tax then or 7 months down the road...

.... I have 1 complaint about the Wii, it has a serious lack of games that interest me...... now that said.... there are still games that I'd like to have on the Wii that I don't.... so i guess my only complaint really doesn't make alot of sense....

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
The answer is that their is a generation of gamers who grew up on PS1. They were brainwashed to think that games with pretty cut scenes and crappy gameplay was the way it should be done. They just don't know any better. Any real gamer knows this.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
[QUOTE="wisdomWarrior"]

MikeB_74

No, it's better on Wii, better controls, and more content.

V_Isle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 V_Isle
Member since 2006 • 1785 Posts

Obsolete. Outdated. Overrated. Lame. Casual. Kiddy. Pathetic. Useless.

Mazel tov. Looked pretty easy to me putz.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

V_Isle

Who's Mazel Tov?

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="wisdomWarrior"]

MikeB_74

Nope, best on Wii.
ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts
[QUOTE="V_Isle"]

Eponique

Who's Mazel Tov?

it means congratulations, basically :P

omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts
It obviously destroys gaming!!!!!!!111111
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
As a 19 year old who had finished SMG, I find the Wii useless.whocares4peace

Same here. I meant I want to like it. I LOVED the Snes, N64 and GCN but the Wii is just so crap. It can be great as SMG has shown but it just never bothers to push itself and instead we get a pile of average games out of Japan(I don't like japanese games I find them boring, excluding ones like Mario ect), shovelware out of the US and a things that can't even beclas sedas a game like Wiifit. Can't people go for a walk?! Oh no they must use some stupid Wii mat instead.

At least announce a new starfox! Not that on-foot bull**** or free roamlike the DSI mean a proper Snes, N64 styled one. They were so awesome and the Wiimote would be good with it.
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
in fact its very easy to bashed the wii first its a glorify gamecube at 250$ wiimote is incredibly imprecise and the game look like trash and online gaming is a joke yeah its a gimmick !
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
i like the wii and own one but its really lacking in the rpg area and the online is just awful, sure mario strikers charged is fun online but they still dont even have voice chat yet. its good but along way from been great
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
Wii is good but not worth $250 imo since I can get the other console for a little bit more. $180 is the mark I am willing to pay for a wii. until then....
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

The graphics suck. :shock: I just did! And yes i don't enjoy playing last generation PS2 games with a motion sensitive "button".zero9167

Yep you just like ignoring the best games this gen(SMG). :P

jasper061992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 jasper061992
Member since 2006 • 1152 Posts

I think the 6 MAIN reasons the Wii is getting attacked by more hardcore gamers alike is:

1. Last Gen Graphics

2. Underpowered

3. Barely any FPS games

4. Kiddy casual games

5. It's new way to control games (wii remote)

6. NO HDTV Support

That pretty much sums it up don't you think?

But i have a 360 and about to get the Wii this christmas, and the PS3 next year.

Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts

I find it very humorous how many console gamers (non Wii) bash the Wii for having "last gen" graphics. Or the Wii games aren't "hardcore" and lack "depth".

These type of gamers think that Halo 3 is "hardcore", has "depth" and the graphics are "next gen". Halo 3 is an FPS for god's sake! How much depth is really there?

The truth of the matter is if they feel this way (that they are so hardcore), they'd be building a gaming PC and playing video games at the cutting edge of gaming technology. Not playing on a static, gameplay compromising console, that is already stuck in last gen two years into its cycle.

The Wii is the only traditional console left. Both Sony and Microsoft are duking it out for more than just the video gaming pie: They want your living room and digital entertainment in the future to have to go through THEM.

I'm glad the Wii is winning. Kudos to Nintendo for bringing gaming to millions of new people and expanding the gaming market. This is something that both Sony and Microsoft are failing at. Nintendo is a gaming company, Sony and Microsoft are corporate greedo's that care little to nothing about gaming and much about greed, profiteering, and control of your living room.

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts

The Wii is great. Every console has it's issues. Only immature and unreasonable fanboys will refuse to see the good in the Wii (or other consoles).

MP3: Corruption was great. Zelda: TP was great, MoH: Heroes 2 is good, Bwii is good, Umbrella Chronicles is very good. Super Paper Mario, Rayman, Trauma Center, and Fire Emblem are good. I have Mario Galaxy but haven't started it yet.

Fanboys stink up SW.

Avatar image for TheBlueGuardian
TheBlueGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheBlueGuardian
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
The Wii in every way perfect
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

it will never get 3rd party games to the caliber of call of duty 4, assassin's creed, etc.

it's a one trick horse, or should i say 5. mario, zelda, smash brothers, donkey kong...

its controller/horrible specs will never create a truly next gen experience.

it is good for quirky fun with the wii mote with games like warioware, SMG, and RE4, but devs will increasingly only see it as a cash crop console, and make bad games just for a quick profit.

hoagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hoagey
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts

[QUOTE="zero9167"]The graphics suck. :shock: I just did! And yes i don't enjoy playing last generation PS2 games with a motion sensitive "button".meetroid8

Yep you just like ignoring the best games this gen(SMG). :P

SMG is the best game in its genre, platforming, but saying that its the BEST game overall is a bit of a stretch. I liked the game, it didnt wow me, but the platforming was extremely solid. But othr than that i didnt like it, the non existent story even for a mario game, and the fact that their really wasnt much vareity in the enemies you faced, except for the bosses who were pretty interesting. I beat it with about 90 stars and sold my wii for 300 bucks for the holidays, ill pick one up again when brawl comes out.

Tingle-Tuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Tingle-Tuner
Member since 2006 • 980 Posts
The Wii is just fine how it is.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#32 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
They find ways, no matter what side they're on. Not much to find, though, other than pure speculation.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Its #1 market leader, hence why its got hate.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
A lot of the games are fun and developers are finally harnessing the control scheme properly but I'm sorry. 480p isn't exactly cutting it for me.
--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 --ProtoMan--
Member since 2007 • 1376 Posts

I think the Wii complaints are a little over-the-top,but I candefinitely see why many gamers don't like it.

That said... I know this is just my speculation, but I'd bet that if Nintendo DID release a more traditional console, a good portion of the Wii-bashers wouldn't have bought it anyways.

wannweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 wannweed
Member since 2005 • 415 Posts
in fact its very easy to bashed the wii first its a glorify gamecube at 250$ wiimote is incredibly imprecise and the game look like trash and online gaming is a joke yeah its a gimmick !legol1
wow everybody says the wiimote is imprecise, but it's funny because mine is very precise and wii is not a glorify Gc, in fact it's the only console to do something different this gen so really every other console is more of a glorify ps2 or xbox
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
The wii has its flaws for sure...don't go thinking it's perfect. But people around here make them out to be massive huge deal breaking flaws when in truth they are all range from pretty minor to kinda annoying.