How Can Anyone Listen To This Guy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

Am I the only one that finds nintendo's kiddy attempts at comedy nauseating? the nintendo direct was like a giant parody of what nintendo has become. iwata wearing the white poofy gloves surrounded by guys dressed up in mario and luigi suits; miyamoto skipping around with CG cuteified pikmin. its embarassing. the only comedy going on is how nintendo is being run.

lets start with iwata. nintendo needs strong leadership. iwata looks like a shrimp, no muscle mass whatsoever. nintendo needs a strong, physically imposing president like reggie, kaz, or peter moore. someone that will lay down the law and speak in a stern voice about nintendo's future games, projects and partnerships. no more joking around. no more pandering to five year olds. lets get serious nintendo; your company is in trouble.

Satoru-Iwata.png

Satoru-Iwata.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

#2 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

The man convinced me to get a 3DS, so....

Not gonna pick up a WiiU anytime soon though. I need to see a new Metroid Prime, a new Paper Mario, and a new Zelda before I commit. I got burned with the Wii, and I don't plan to have that happen again. 

#3 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

isn't Nintendo Direct broadcasted in the morning right before japanese kids go to (elementary) school?

#4 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (8525 posts) -

Physically imposing? Peter Moore? :lol:

#5 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Kaz's a meme, so yeah...can't really top that.

#6 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

#7 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

Physically imposing? Peter Moore? :lol:

YearoftheSnake5

he's got tats and he pumps iron

peter-moore-gtaiv.jpg

197112-peter.jpg

#8 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
Iwata, can I kiss your shoes???
#9 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25159 posts) -

isn't Nintendo Direct broadcasted in the morning right before japanese kids go to (elementary) school?

DrTrafalgarLaw
No, it's in the evening in Japan. It's 7AM now in Tokyo.
#10 Posted by charizard1605 (63106 posts) -
Lol this thread
#11 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

Nintendo = shit.

I actually prefer Playstation All-Stars BR, Modnation Racers and LBP Karting more than the Smash Brothers / Mario Kart combo. I bet I have put 20 hours in PSASBR this week. But good God Sony's DLC strateegy with that game sucks.

#12 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Iwata is great he is the only CEO I think of the big 3 that has any developing experience. He programmed Earthbound and many other games for HAL Labs.

#13 Posted by mysticstryk (1709 posts) -

Is this topic a joke?  If not, then it should be.  Nintendo Direct has been a huge hit, humanizing the top executives (like Iwata) while providing a good amount of content and quality.  Microsoft and Sony would love to have the respect Nintendo gets from their fans.

Nintendo Direct is PR genius.

#14 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

Nintendo = shit.

I actually prefer Playstation All-Stars BR, Modnation Racers and LBP Karting more than the Smash Brothers / Mario Kart combo. I bet I have put 20 hours in PSASBR this week. But good God Sony's DLC strateegy with that game sucks.

timbers_WSU
LOL
#15 Posted by TheEroica (14678 posts) -
When I got to the physically imposing "logic" i actually spit out my drink laughing. You had me going for a sec TC.
#16 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Lol this threadcharizard1605

#17 Posted by casharmy (6728 posts) -

:o "no more joking around.."

nintendo = serious business

#18 Posted by bbkkristian (14968 posts) -
8/10 troll thread for unexpected troll topic. I really expected for him to point out another user instead of flaming Nintendo.
#19 Posted by simomate (1875 posts) -
I bet iwata is more manly than you OP. 
#20 Posted by blackace (21607 posts) -
They definitely need to make some changes, that's for sure. I still don't understand why they would abandon the Wii and then make a Wii 2 with a tablet gamepad. They really needed more innovation then that. Then didn't have the games ready either, just like with the 3DS.
#21 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Nintendo = shit.

RyanShazam
LOL

I find Sony's characters and worlds much more interesting. Sorry.
#22 Posted by freedomfreak (45011 posts) -
He has a soothing voice. Yeah, I know it's weird, but his flipnote presentation was relaxing as f*ck.
#23 Posted by lamprey263 (26461 posts) -
Nintendo is hit and miss, when they hit big though that's when I pay them attention, why change them(?), all they can do other than what they're doing is to try being like the others, and we already have Sony, MS, and PC, and most of the content on either 3 is shared, I pay attention to Nintendo for their own unique stuff.
#24 Posted by Heirren (19698 posts) -
If wiiu does very poorly(over time, people) I think he will leave Nintendo. I don't think he will be fired though; Nintendo is too honorable of a name to do such a thing.
#25 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Didn't know business was run with brawns

brains-and-brawn.gif

#26 Posted by ciorlandenis (320 posts) -

I think people forget who they're talking about

#27 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5999 posts) -
The games are still amazing, so I'll keep buying.
#28 Posted by hiphops_savior (8101 posts) -
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Nintendo = shit.

timbers_WSU
LOL

I find Sony's characters and worlds much more interesting. Sorry.

Just like how I find Nintendo's massive archive of franchises to be more interesting while I find Sony's to be uninspiring and generic. Thanks for the laughs, and we'll agree to disagree.
#29 Posted by Sphensen (816 posts) -

MLBknights58

#30 Posted by ConanTheStoner (8247 posts) -

I actually prefer Playstation All-Stars BR, Modnation Racers and LBP Karting more than the Smash Brothers / Mario Kart combo. I bet I have put 20 hours in PSASBR this week. 

timbers_WSU

Son, these are what you call guilty pleasures.  You're supposed to keep them to yourself so that you can enjoy them while not feeling shamed and being ridiculed by your peers.

You're welcome.

#31 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

Nintendo = shit.

timbers_WSU
Come on boy, you can do better than that.
#32 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Well, that "shrimp" ( :P ) also made Nintendo what they are today - a strong company that broke many sales records and has a strong market position.

Under Yamauchi, Nintendo was declining in sales in the second half of the 90s and early 2000s and lost market share and recognition to Sony's PlayStation.

It was Iwata who turned that around, first by making the DS, which was a massive success, and then the Wii, which was also a massive success.

The initial problems with 3DS and, as it now seems, the WiiU, might and likley will be overcome with time given.