How can anyone dislike Planet Side 2 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -

KungfuKitten
You can trial every item for 30mins. Last time I played Tribes it didn't have it, and that was a major problem. XP is fine, though I won't disagree that the 1000xp weapons are excessive as all hell. What's great is that aside from cosmetic items, there's no barrier except time, which is well, what you'd expect from a free to play game. Tribes has a grind as well, and the perma-xp gain doesn't negate it, due to the inflated cost of certain weapons - and worse yet, there's some ugly imbalances between the unlockable weapons and vanilla (from when I last played - a few months ago). In Planetside 2 all the base guns for infantry are some of, if not the best in the game oddly enough. Nor are any classes locked out like in Tribes. You can jump into the game and bam, everything is available to you in terms of playability. I've found it much fairer then T:A - having spent money on both. Will say that neither are perfect. From what I can tell Blacklight does a pretty good job by comparison - the weapons rental system is great.
#102 Posted by lightleggy (16085 posts) -
I've tried it for a few hours, I don't think I enjoyed it at any point. I find the ground vehicle controls, weapons and handling pretty damn poor for a game so focused on them. The weapon handing is about as good, playing both the purples and reds I found they felt very similar and look the same to me. Had lots of netcode problems: players warping about, vehicles warping, flying through ground or objects. Players appearing out of thin air mere meters in front of you. Couple of big battles I was involved in were nothing but zergs. Huge army moves through tiny base to kill enemies and stand around to capture objective for an eternity - riveting. Or huge army charges up hill (the crown) while huge army above spams weapon fire from above while aircraft come in and mop up as they please. The engine / servers can't even seem to handle the big battles, just hide players if there are too many..nutcrackr
I agree on the optimization part...but how can you say that the VS and the TR were identical? I mean wth man, it would make more sense if you would have said TR and NC...but the VS is the most singular race in the game, their weapons dont even shoot bullets, they have unique attachments (NC and TR have the same attachments for the guns) everything about them look ages ahead of whatever the other 2 factions have.
#103 Posted by -Unreal- (24551 posts) -

The problem with PlanetSide 2 is that it went f2p and they didn't put the effort into things. When PS1 was a sub based game it had unique weapons because they didn't need to create a bunch of them with slight differences just to make some real cash off them. With PS2 they've just thrown together some weapons with slightly different stats and most of them look the same and sound the same. If it was a sub based game you would only have a smaller number of weapons like PS1 but they would all be unique.

Some changes are for the better and some for the worse. The technical aspects of the game's mechanics are better and the game controls and plays better in terms of shooting mechanics and vehicle mechanics. They have simplified some things thought that they shouldn't have.

I don't think the game was ready for release. They should have spent more time on making unique weapons, tweaking the engine and fixing some more bugs. There's only 3 continents at release too.

#104 Posted by arto1223 (4404 posts) -

Pay2WinAcidSoldner

This means you know nothing of the game.

#105 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3777 posts) -

[QUOTE="GoldenElementXL"][QUOTE="kraken2109"]

It runs like crap?

ClassicRockFTW

No offense but if you are running below recommended specs it will run like crap. The game is pretty demanding.

LOL Excuses for a poorly optimized game.

I uninstalled the game the moment it dipped to 15 fps on my 7950

And again that was a reply to a poster running a 200 series GTX card when a 500 series is recommended. A rig that is below recommended specs will run the game like crap. Its simple. That's like expected a PS 2 to play a PS 3 game.
#106 Posted by noobmuhaha (214 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gvXlHyApxY

Watch this

Game looks massive and beautiful

megaspiderweb09
Is no replacement for gameplay
#107 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1731 posts) -

The problem with PlanetSide 2 is that it went f2p PS2 was always F2P... and they didn't put the effort into things. When PS1 was a sub based game it had unique weapons because they didn't need to create a bunch of them with slight differences just to make some real cash off them. Put some effort into your arguement and list off some guns PS1 had that PS2 doesn't. With PS2 they've just thrown together some weapons with slightly different stats and most of them look the same and sound the same. If it was a sub based game you would only have a smaller number of weapons like PS1 but they would all be unique. How would being a sub based game change the game was made? How are you so certian that these guns wouldn't be in the game if there was a sub?

Some changes are for the better and some for the worse. The technical aspects of the game's mechanics are better and the game controls and plays better in terms of shooting mechanics and vehicle mechanics. They have simplified some things thought that they shouldn't have. Like what?

I don't think the game was ready for release. They should have spent more time on making unique weapons, tweaking the engine and fixing some more bugs. There's only 3 continents at release too. There were no Pandas in the release of WoW...-Unreal-

I'm not gonna lie, I've been playing this game and honestly I can agree that this game isn't meant for everyone but some of you people are just pulling excuses outta your rears.

#108 Posted by Epak_ (6938 posts) -

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

It runs like crap?

GoldenElementXL

No offense but if you are running below recommended specs it will run like crap. The game is pretty demanding.

OK, it's too demanding.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II 4X 955 Black edition at 3.8 GHz

Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti

8 gigs of RAM

#109 Posted by October_Tide (5396 posts) -

It was released too soon, its pay to win, has no meta...

I liked it but it had no lasting appeal with me. I still have it installed, however.

SkyRaid

Agreed, they should not have released as soon as they (primarily because I enjoyed the beta more :P )

I do enjoy the game and play it a fair bit but I can see how it isn't for everyone.

#110 Posted by October_Tide (5396 posts) -

It runs like crap?

Epak_

OK, it's too demanding.

Specs:

Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti

8 gigs of RAM

We have the same specs lol. I find that most of the time runs fine with most things on high settings (and a couple medium) at 1920x1080. I think if you are running into issues, it's your cpu. I find that when I run the fps monitor, it indicates cpu is the cause of slow downs more often than not.

#111 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

It runs like crap?

Epak_

OK, it's too demanding.

Specs:

Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti

8 gigs of RAM

I think it's your AMD CPU. I have an AMD here which chugs with PS2, my Intels run it fine. (Pentium G860, Core i3-3220, Phenom II X4 840, all tested with Radeon 7850).

There must be some type of operation PS2* often demends which the Intel does better than the AMD.

Edit: * was typo'd as PS3 :P

#112 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -

It runs like crap?

ClassicRockFTW

LOL Excuses for a poorly optimized game.

I uninstalled the game the moment it dipped to 15 fps on my 7950

It never dipped that low when I played it, then again I have a better graphics card than you...
#113 Posted by Epak_ (6938 posts) -

[QUOTE="Epak_"]

[QUOTE="GoldenElementXL"] No offense but if you are running below recommended specs it will run like crap. The game is pretty demanding.psymon100

OK, it's too demanding.

Specs:

Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti

8 gigs of RAM

I think it's your AMD CPU. I have an AMD here which chugs with PS2, my Intels run it fine. (Pentium G860, Core i3-3220, Phenom II X4 840, all tested with Radeon 7850).

There must be some type of operation PS3 often demends which the Intel does better than the AMD.

Well damn it.

#114 Posted by kraken2109 (13201 posts) -

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="Epak_"]

OK, it's too demanding.

Specs:

Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti

8 gigs of RAM

Epak_

There must be some type of operation PS3 often demends which the Intel does better than the AMD.

Well damn it.

Intel bribery confirmed
#115 Posted by haberman13 (2414 posts) -

The game is great!

Dare I say best MP FPS ever, bar-none.

#116 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

For some reason i think this is the best F2P FPS ever made (Ofc right behind TF2) Tribes Ascend is all about jumping.
And i really don't think any PC Gamer would hate this unless they played it, The fact that its made by SONY and it isn't on PS3 is just ridiculous hence making PS3 gamers PISSED!