How can anyone buy Battlefield?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by illmatic8582 (673 posts) -

How could anyone buy Battlefield 4 knowing it is a broken incomplete game and not buy a Wii U and Mario 3D World? Which will likely be a nominee or GOTY winner. Tired of Mario rehashes you say? How many times have we played Battlefield 4 next gen? 3x times already! (Killzone, COD, Battlefield)...u guys kill me. if you guys are true gamers then PHUCK gamers!!!! Don't know what that makes me though :(

#2 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38212 posts) -

Cool story there Brooooooooooooo

#4 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

I simply bought it with a credit card. I guess you can use cash too if you wanted.

#5 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24834 posts) -

Bad Company 2 was great man.

#6 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

How could anyone buy Battlefield 4 knowing it is a broken incomplete game and not buy a Wii U and Mario 3D World? Which will likely be a nominee or GOTY winner. Tired of Mario rehashes you say? How many times have we played Battlefield 4 next gen? 3x times already! (Killzone, COD, Battlefield)...u guys kill me. if you guys are true gamers then PHUCK gamers!!!! Don't know what that makes me though :(

i already had a wii u.

luckily i bought bf4 just a couple of days ago, most of the kinks are ironed out.

besides, i think a lot of these guys just don't have a powerful enough rig. i've got a intel pentium dual core, and i get a solid 60fps.

#7 Posted by illmatic8582 (673 posts) -

@Zoso813 said:

I simply bought it with a credit card. I guess you can use cash too if you wanted.

find a new hobby plz? Losers like you keep f'in ish up by buying them. If you like shooters so much why don't you join the army or local militia or police dept? Oh your prob a fat vag!

#8 Posted by lamprey263 (23080 posts) -

these games are never perfect when released and they're patched over time, just play what you can as you'll need to upgrade your weapons, soldier classes, and gain familiarity with the maps and new features

#9 Posted by Chutebox (36558 posts) -

I haven't played in a week, but the only problem I had was I couldn't connect to Conquest or the air battle at all.

#10 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1985 posts) -

BF4 is garbage. Spawn killing, connectivity isses, Halo-esque kill times, getting new guns takes 4-evvvvvvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. CoD is once again king. BF fans need to let go of the past and stop buying this trash!!! BFBC 1 and 2 are miles better than BF3 or 4!!!

#11 Posted by illmatic8582 (673 posts) -

these games are never perfect when released and they're patched over time, just play what you can as you'll need to upgrade your weapons, soldier classes, and gain familiarity with the maps and new features

That's a terrible attitude to have. No one should pay full price and have the game fixed over time. If it was reversed, EA would never sell a complete game to us and we pay them little by little over time. So why could they sell us a broken incomplete game? By the time is actually fix it, Battlefield 5 will be 2-3 months away!

#12 Posted by mems_1224 (46457 posts) -

BF4 is amazing. Soooooooo fun

#13 Posted by lamprey263 (23080 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

That's a terrible attitude to have. No one should pay full price and have the game fixed over time. If it was reversed, EA would never sell a complete game to us and we pay them little by little over time. So why could they sell us a broken incomplete game? By the time is actually fix it, Battlefield 5 will be 2-3 months away!

#14 Posted by illmatic8582 (673 posts) -

I agree it was fun, but then my file was deleted (which wasn't a big deal bc ps + auto saves) but why do I get kicked out of games etc? If this is a AAA $60, then I want something else. It looks like Next-Next Gen (PS4 X1) might be worse than the last bc we showed Sony and MS that we actually like buying broken games and having them patched later.

#15 Posted by mems_1224 (46457 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

I agree it was fun, but then my file was deleted (which wasn't a big deal bc ps + auto saves) but why do I get kicked out of games etc? If this is a AAA $60, then I want something else. It looks like Next-Next Gen (PS4 X1) might be worse than the last bc we showed Sony and MS that we actually like buying broken games and having them patched later.

I dunno, sucks to be you. Its been working fine for me.

#16 Posted by illmatic8582 (673 posts) -

@illmatic8582 said:

@lamprey263 said:

hahah touche!!! I like you avatar btw! But it's not bitching if I paid full price and it's broken com'on man! These games need to work on day 1 and if not, delay it. Only in rare circumstances should patches be made. All these new games coming with day 1 patches is just terrible.

#17 Edited by silversix_ (14036 posts) -

BF4 is boken, YES. Best thing is that BF4's multiplayer is more fun than anything available on WiiU or will be available until wiiu's discontinuation. The kind of epic games Nintendo system will never have and instead stick to his plumber that collect mushrooms and saves the same princess for 40 times or the other elf that collects hearts and saves his own bish... Even in this extremely broken state BF4 is, is better than anything on a Wiiu now or the farthest future. Now how sad is this? Not sad at all cuz the only ones suffering are teh sheep lol

#18 Posted by lostrib (34153 posts) -

well there's a pretty significant price difference

#19 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

I've had the PS4 version of BF4 for a few days and have noticed no problems, OP. Fill me in.

#20 Edited by illmatic8582 (673 posts) -

@silversix_: dude that's just a lie. I mean I love Sony, and like Nintendo. I think most Mario games are decent but 3D world is amazing and I hate platformers. Check review sites both user and critics, they all agree that your just wrong. U say Mario is a rehash. Cool. Battlefield and COD is basically the same game. A game that was released about 40 times in the past 4 yrs. So you can't say Nintendo sucks bc of rehash and say you love Battlefield, for lack of a better word...u just sound like a dip Sheet

#21 Edited by lamprey263 (23080 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

@illmatic8582 said:

@lamprey263 said:

hahah touche!!! I like you avatar btw! But it's not bitching if I paid full price and it's broken com'on man! These games need to work on day 1 and if not, delay it. Only in rare circumstances should patches be made. All these new games coming with day 1 patches is just terrible.

hopefully they don't make a habit of this, but I think there's an exception to be made by the sheer number of ports they're working on, four console ports in all, two being on new technology with and a new multiplayer demands for larger amount of players on consoles, and I imagine they're quite busy trying to fix these multiple ports, but I don't imagine this issue to persists to this degree once they get a hang of things on the new systems and are not overworked and only have to worry about two consoles and a PC port

still, I love these games and whatever issues they do have I will try to work around them, sure it's probably fair I don't support something that's not got all the major flaws worked out of it... but damn do I love BF, and love is blind man, it makes you do some fucked up shit

#22 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3447 posts) -

When they could buy the vastly superior CoD.

#23 Edited by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

It's broken on Xbone, but it works fine on Ps4

#24 Posted by lundy86_4 (42938 posts) -

It's fun as shit.

#25 Edited by lostrib (34153 posts) -

It's broken on Xbone, but it works fine on Ps4

wasn't it broken on PS4

#26 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

I have a really crazy and radical idea here. This is so new and mind blowing you might have trouble following it so bare with me here........./deep breath......if you don't like it then don't play it.

There I said. Crazy right? If you don't like something you don't involve yourself in it, and you focus on other thing you enjoy. Maybe you should try not worrying about what other people play, what other people enjoy, or what other people buy. Especially people who you don't even know, or will ever know.

#27 Edited by FLOPPAGE_50 (770 posts) -

Launch Console + BF4 releasing on all gens = bugs

#28 Edited by lostrib (34153 posts) -

Launch Console + BF4 releasing on all gens = bugs

+EA rushing BF4 through QA to beat COD Ghosts to launch

#29 Posted by theBeorn (1378 posts) -

battlefield 4 was 48USD with an expac

wii u + mario was what, $300? how can you even compare the two?

#30 Posted by EvanTheGamer (1122 posts) -

Have B4 PCv and its fine. It has random server drops but that happens to basically all online games.

People having trouble are trying to play on settings their hardware can't handle.

#32 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5284 posts) -

When they could buy the vastly superior CoD.

LOL.

BF4 is boken, YES. Best thing is that BF4's multiplayer is more fun than anything available on WiiU or will be available until wiiu's discontinuation. The kind of epic games Nintendo system will never have and instead stick to his plumber that collect mushrooms and saves the same princess for 40 times or the other elf that collects hearts and saves his own bish... Even in this extremely broken state BF4 is, is better than anything on a Wiiu now or the farthest future. Now how sad is this? Not sad at all cuz the only ones suffering are teh sheep lol

LOL.

#33 Edited by charizard1605 (55949 posts) -

It's simple:

Step one: go to a store that sells video games

Step two: Pick up a copy of Battlefield 4 on your preferred platform

Step three: Take it to the cash register, and pay for the game

Step four: Walk out with the game

Step five: Go home

Congratulations, you just bought Battlefield 4!

#34 Posted by Animal-Mother (26510 posts) -

It's fun as shit.

I had some problems post launch week PS4. Has worked like a charm since about a week passed since launch

#35 Posted by lundy86_4 (42938 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

It's fun as shit.

I had some problems post launch week PS4. Has worked like a charm since about a week passed since launch

I heard it was having issues on next-gen systems. I'm on my 360, and it works, bu there are plenty of MP glitches... Not as bad as BF3 launch, mind.

#36 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

Battlefield 4 broken is still better than the last 3 or 4 CoD games.

#37 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

PS4 version works now after the patches.

#38 Posted by silversix_ (14036 posts) -

@silversix_: dude that's just a lie. I mean I love Sony, and like Nintendo. I think most Mario games are decent but 3D world is amazing and I hate platformers. Check review sites both user and critics, they all agree that your just wrong. U say Mario is a rehash. Cool. Battlefield and COD is basically the same game. A game that was released about 40 times in the past 4 yrs. So you can't say Nintendo sucks bc of rehash and say you love Battlefield, for lack of a better word...u just sound like a dip Sheet

So i googled dip sheet and i got this. What is wrong with you? Im not even a sheet, im a human being.

#39 Posted by PAL360 (26695 posts) -

BF4 is awesome, when it works!

I would love to get Mario 3D World too, but apparently it need a WiiU to run.

#40 Posted by sukraj (22066 posts) -

I'll wait until its in the bargain bin before I buy it.