How big will Wii's lead by when FFXIII and MGSIV come out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Everyone keeps saying wait for these games to come out and yeah we already know these games are coming out in 08. Question is will they make that big of a difference? I mean just how big will the gap be when these games finally get released? Nintendo's argueably biggest gun SSBB comes out this Christmas while Sony is left with no FFXIII or MGS4.

If the sales continue in this manner and yes they will increase as SSBB and Mario Galaxy come out is FFXIII and MGS4 going to be enough to close the gap? Everyone keeps saying wait until these two games come out but sadly I'm not so optimistic. I don't even think Halo 3 could close the gap that Nintendo is creating between Sony.

Well here's to hoping these two games have a huge impact. We need all three consoles to be successful.

gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gamer0100
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

Good Post. I also dont want one console to obliterate another. I think the titles that every system has should balance them out at the end.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy > Them. Sales andpossibly score wise.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blackbond

Super Mario Galaxy > Them. Sales andpossibly score wise.Eponique

Can you link me to reviews and sales data please?

kevint1818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 kevint1818
Member since 2005 • 2093 Posts

Those games mean nothing if the PS3 doesnt already have a large fan base, which will likely be around 5 million worldwide seeing how it's selling so far... Yeah, some people will be pushed to buy a PS3 for those games, but most potential sonsumers, having not already bought one, will not buy one for one or both of these games.

Wii may slow down when people and people's friends have long term exposure to its real games, which from what Ive head from just about all of my friends who own Wii, do not have long term appeal. At this point (early 2008 ) 360 will probably have had a price drop (2.5 years in the market...), and titles like Halo 3, Mass Effect, Too Human, Haze, Army Of Two, Huxley, GTA4, and Timeshift will increase appeal to consumers. I beleive the Wii will always have a lead on 360.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

Everyone is releasing the big guns this year. Nintendo's MP 3 (is pretty big to some) SSBB, and SMG are the games that many Wii Owners will have. MS's Halo, Mass Effect, and Bioshock are some as well. Sony's are the metnioned ones along with HS I believe.

Truth be told, I don't think even those games are gonna sell the PS3. The gap between the PS3 and Wii is bgger, we should say how big will it be between the 360 and PS3 at that time, cause I expect the Wii will be ahead of the 360 by this holiday.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

[QUOTE="Eponique"]Super Mario Galaxy > Them. Sales andpossibly score wise.Blackbond

It's a prediction... If you want to know why, go look at Super Mario 64.

springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
Find me a link saying MGS4 wont be released in 2007?
springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="Eponique"]Super Mario Galaxy > Them. Sales andpossibly score wise.Eponique

mario was one of only 2 launch games.

If it DIDNT sell well, nintendo woulda had a SERIOUS problem.

Galaxy will be overshadowed by SSBB.

mikl1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mikl1018
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
In 2008 when those games come out (and for some reason aren't ported/moved) the ps3 will see the trend of a losing console. Short, big spikes for the releases that will just end in 3-10 weeks.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
If nintendo can actually produce the 1.5 million a month they said they could (over 3x what they are producing now), then the gap will be large. If not, then it will be slim gap if at all by 2008. Microsoft said they are stockpiling consoles for the holidays so nintendo better be able to do the same.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Everyone is releasing the big guns this year. Nintendo's MP 3 (is pretty big to some) SSBB, and SMG are the games that many Wii Owners will have. MS's Halo, Mass Effect, and Bioshock are some as well. Sony's are the metnioned ones along with HS I believe.

Truth be told, I don't think even those games are gonna sell the PS3. The gap between the PS3 and Wii is bgger, we should say how big will it be between the 360 and PS3 at that time, cause I expect the Wii will be ahead of the 360 by this holiday.

yoshi_64

MP3 is pretty big for the entire industry. If it succeeds, it will set a precedent for FPS games on the Wii.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Eponique"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="Eponique"]Super Mario Galaxy > Them. Sales andpossibly score wise.springz300

mario was one of only 2 launch games.

If it DIDNT sell well, nintendo woulda had a SERIOUS problem.

Galaxy will be overshadowed by SSBB.

During the Holiday season? You must be joking right. That's like saying either MGS4 or FFXIII will overshadow one or the other.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Holiday season? You must be joking right. That's like saying either MGS4 or FFXIII will overshadow one or the other.Blackbond
The concept of people buying mulitple games for their kids/friends/loved ones/etc is uncomprehnesible for him.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44292 Posts

How big to this industry is Halo 3 compared to anything coming out on the Wii in 2007 or heck in 2008 for that matter?

Not to add insult to injury but go ahead and substitute Mass Effect for Halo 3 and the question is just as valid.

I hope that "sales game "for the Wii as much fun and epic as either of the two 360 games I mentioned lol ;)

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blackbond

[QUOTE="Blackbond"] Holiday season? You must be joking right. That's like saying either MGS4 or FFXIII will overshadow one or the other.yoshi_64
The concept of people buying mulitple games for their kids/friends/loved ones/etc is uncomprehnesible for him.

Well of course. Everything is spinned towards his likings as usual.

flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 flinnha
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts
It occurs to me that the type of people who are really excited about FFXIII or MGS4 already have the required consoles, it's usually more of the "casual" type games that boost console sales since the "hardcore" players already have bought their machines.