How bad do you think the PS4 will beat the Xbox One.

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 9 months, 27 days ago

Poll: How bad do you think the PS4 will beat the Xbox One. (62 votes)

Ps4 and Xbox One will be around the same 29%
Ps4 will be behind Xbox One 6%
Ps4 will best Xbox One by around 10 million 10%
Ps4 will best Xbox One by around 20 million 13%
Ps4 Will best Xbox One by around 40 million or more. 24%
Ps4 Will best Xbox One and Wii U will also Best Xbox One and MS will leave the industry 11%
Wii U will best PS4, and PS4 will lose to X1. 2%
Wii U will Best PS4, but PS4 will still best Xbox one 2%
Only Jakandsigz knows. I pay for his predictions for $59.99 weekly because he is better than Patcher and I trust his analysis. 3%

This forum hates the Xbox One, but is it enough to cloud them from reality? Let us find out in this episode.

#1 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Great poll. did not participate.

#2 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Tell me when has a console's sales ever mattered? The Dreamcast was the best but sold the least.

#3 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

What is this 2008? The xbone isn't even in the competition anymore. Get on with the times.

#4 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Tell me when has a console's sales ever mattered? The Dreamcast was the best but sold the least.

PS2 demolished the Dreamcast.

#5 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

By the end of the lifecycle the PS4 will outsell the Xbone in every market. Yes, including North America. I predict PS4 outsells the Xbone by at least 5-10 million units in America alone. At launch both will sell as many consoles as they can manufacture. Once Xbone drops to $399 then we will see some true competition. If Microsoft were smart they would drop to $349.99 by Q4 2014. They can't stick with that $500 price tag for too long. Only the most hardcore gamers will pay $500 for a dedicated console. So, you are looking at only 5 million hardcore Xbox fans willing to shell out that kind of money.

#6 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@emgesp said:

By the end of the lifecycle the PS4 will outsell the Xbone in every market. Yes, including North America. I predict PS4 outsells the Xbone by at least 5-10 million units in America alone. At launch both will sell as many consoles as they can manufacture. Once Xbone drops to $399 then we will see some true competition. If Microsoft were smart they would drop to $349.99 by Q4 2014.

We should have a forum for amateur market analysis.

#7 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

In the 3 years the Dreamcast was out, I had more fun with it than any 3 year period with the PS2.....it's just that PS2 lasted a strong 10 years and had thousands of games.

#8 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Not it didn't, and I bet you were of the many people that suddenly felt sorry for Sega in 2007 during the peaking of the "AWW" sega left, and we just realized that the DC has like 4 good games, but also that they suck worse they they did before so that somehow makes a lot of people think the DC games were of high quality and all of a sudden have increased value for no reason because we are sympathetic. hell, best system of all time because why not."

it actually started in 2005, but did not become insane until 2007-2011 and now it's calming down just a little bit but not by much.

#9 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

By the end of the lifecycle the PS4 will outsell the Xbone in every market. Yes, including North America. I predict PS4 outsells the Xbone by at least 5-10 million units in America alone. At launch both will sell as many consoles as they can manufacture. Once Xbone drops to $399 then we will see some true competition. If Microsoft were smart they would drop to $349.99 by Q4 2014.

$500 price tag is a death wish. Also, we already know a handful of 360 fans have already jumped ship in favor of the PS4, many polls have already proven this showing a 2:1 ratio in favor of the PS4. Xbone will still do very well, especially once it gets its much needed price drop.

#10 Posted by nexus303 (204 posts) -

@emgesp:

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

$500 price tag is a death wish.

Winner, it's not going to stay at $500 forever. It will sell out to the early adopters and then MS will ajust the price according to the market, same as Sony will.

#11 Posted by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Yep

Dreamcast 8-10 million units sold.

PS2 150+ million units sold.

Poor Sega, I loved the Dreamcast.

#12 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@nexus303 said:

@emgesp:

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

Winner, it's not going to stay at $500 forever. It will sell out to the early adopters and then MS will ajust the price according to the market, same as Sony will.

PS4 can ride out the $399 price tag for much longer than the Xbone can with the $500 price point. I don't see a need for Sony to drop the PS4's price anytime soon.

How long did the 20GB 360 sell at $399.99 before a price drop? Like 2-3 yrs?

#13 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@@

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

$500 price tag is a death wish. Also, we already know a handful of 360 fans have already jumped ship in favor of the PS4, many polls have already proven this showing a 2:1 ratio in favor of the PS4. Xbone will still do very well, especially once it gets its much needed price drop.

What polls? GS polls with 80% cows doing the voting? Right now it is a lot of rumors and propaganda that has a lot of people brainwashed. Wait for the launch and when the games do the speaking, things will change.

$500 is not a death wish whatsoever. $600 is what the PS3 launched with, no games and a ton of bad press. Look at the PS3 now.

Sony will screw up as usual and MS will be right there to take advantage.

#14 Posted by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

You like your polls, eh?

#15 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Not it didn't, and I bet you were of the many people that suddenly felt sorry for Sega in 2007 during the peaking of the "AWW" sega left, and we just realized that the DC has like 4 good games, but also that they suck worse they they did before so that somehow makes a lot of people think the DC games were of high quality and all of a sudden have increased value for no reason because we are sympathetic. hell, best system of all time because why not."

it actually started in 2005, but did not become insane until 2007-2011 and now it's calming down just a little bit but not by much.

Your are either dumb, or just don't know anything about the Dreamcast. It was the best fighting game system of all time, some argue the best sports console of all time just because of NFL 2k and NBa 2k, Shenmue 1 and 2, had some of the best zombie games of all time, crazy taxi, sonic adventure, marvel vs capcom 2, and a few classic rpgs.

#16 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

@@

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

What polls? GS polls with 80% cows doing the voting? Right now it is a lot of rumors and propaganda that has a lot of people brainwashed. Wait for the launch and when the games do the speaking, things will change.

$500 is not a death wish whatsoever. $600 is what the PS3 launched with, no games and a ton of bad press. Look at the PS3 now.

Sony will screw up as usual and MS will be right there to take advantage.

You really think the PS3 would have sold 80 million units if Sony stuck to the $599 price point just a year longer? Nope. It would have sold much worse. The PS3's initial price drop was a major factor in its overall success.

#17 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@nexus303 said:

@emgesp:

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

Also the X1 has profit into it's price, the PS4 is sold at a loss. The X1 price can quickly be adjusted if needed. Sony is just making more of a financial mistake that will hurt them.

#18 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@kingoflife9 said:

Your are either dumb, or just don't know anything about the Dreamcast. It was the best fighting game system of all time, some argue the best sports console of all time just because of NFL 2k and NBa 2k, Shenmue 1 and 2, had some of the best zombie games of all time, crazy taxi, sonic adventure, marvel vs capcom 2, and a few classic rpgs.

Dreamcast was so good that Microsoft basically used the Dreamcast's controller as a reference when they designed the original Xbox controller.

#19 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

@kingoflife9: The Wii was the worst, but it sold the most last gen; I can see what you mean.

#20 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@nexus303 said:

@emgesp:

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

Also the X1 has profit into it's price, the PS4 is sold at a loss. The X1 price can quickly be adjusted if needed. Sony is just making more of a financial mistake that will hurt them.

Can you please provide a link proving the XB1 will be sold at a profit?

#21 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@kingoflife9 said:

No see, it;'s a FACT and even SEGA found attention to it that people SUDDENLy started having exploded interest in the DREAMCAST out of NOWHERE for NO REASON mostly in the west. While it still has the same decent following in japan.

#22 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@nexus303 said:

@emgesp:

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/427744/xbox-one-may-be-sold-at-a-profit-from-day-one/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/427744/xbox-one-may-be-sold-at-a-profit-from-day-one/

#23 Posted by mems_1224 (46278 posts) -

It should probably double X1 sales the first year. If it doesn't than Sony has to see that as a failure with all the momentum and good faith they have right now

#24 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@nexus303 said:

@emgesp:

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

"Microsoft hopes to make a small profit on each Xbox One console sold at launch this November."

Thanks for the links, but hoping something to be true doesn't always become reality. Though, let's say Microsoft can turn a profit at $500. In the end there are only a handful of gamers willing to drop $500 on a dedicated console, especially when the PS4 can be had for $100 cheaper. Most gamers these days mainly care about multiplatform games. Exclusives don't matter as much as they used to.

Again, Microsoft can only hold on to that $500 price point for so long. Will they still be able to make a profit in Q4 2014 when they drop the price to $399?

#25 Edited by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -

I doubt the difference will be as high as most people expect, I wouldn't start partying over it yet.

#26 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

It should probably double X1 sales the first year. If it doesn't than Sony has to see that as a failure with all the momentum and good faith they have right now

Worldwide by the end of 2014 the PS4 will easily outsell the Xbone by a couple of million units.

#27 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@nexus303 said:

@emgesp:

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

"Microsoft

hopes

to make a small profit on each

Xbox One

console sold at launch this November."

Thanks for the links, but hoping something to be true doesn't always become reality. Though, let's say Microsoft can turn a profit at $500. In the end there are only a handful of gamers willing to drop $500 on a dedicated console, especially when the PS4 can be had for $100 cheaper.

Again, Microsoft can only hold on to that $500 price point for so long. Will they still be able to make a profit in Q4 2014 when they drop the price to $399?

Yes, you will always see a price drop do to manufacturing costs going down. (mostly)

#28 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Impossible, they have manufactured a limited amount already that is all due to sell out, I don't think we wi;l see anything in the first year in terms of doubling unless you think the X1 will fail out the gate and all the hype and turn around praise it has currently is fake.

However, this would not be the first time Sony screwed up momentum, although the difference here is the Xbox screwed up the momentum first.

#29 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

this bad...

#30 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Impossible, they have manufactured a limited amount already that is all due to sell out, I don't think we wi;l see anything in the first year in terms of doubling unless you think the X1 will fail out the gate and all the hype and turn around praise it has currently is fake.

However, this would not be the first time Sony screwed up momentum, although the difference here is the Xbox screwed up the momentum first.

PS4 is shipping to more territories in the first year I believe.

#31 Posted by mems_1224 (46278 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@mems_1224 said:

Worldwide by the end of 2014 the PS4 will easily outsell the Xbone by a couple of million units.

if its even remotely close then it will be a big loss for sony.

#32 Edited by ankor77 (938 posts) -

It also depends how you define winning. Xbox made a ton more money than ps4 did because of paid XBL even though the shipped systems was about the same. I didnt pick an option. Id say in North America xbox will tie or slightly beat out PS4. Worldwide PS4 will probably do 15% more or so.

The thing that we should pay more attention to is attach rates. How many games per console, or dollars spent per console.

#33 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@kingoflife9 said:

Oh god, if you are going to correct someone at least know what you are talking about. That statement, while not as bad as his, make you look just as ignorant.

Neo-Geo is the best fighting game system of all time, but the Sega Saturn was the next best thing to the neo-geo having the best 2d fighting game line up next to it (requiring the 4meg ram pack needed to play imported fighting games). Dreamcast was a great gaming system but nothing compared to sega saturn when it came to fighting games and still has what is considered by many to be the best fighting game controller of all time.

Other than that Jakandsigz is a noob troll who probably just started gaming last gen and only ever played an on xbox, his post was mind numbingly ignorant. Saying DC only had 4 good games shows he's a clueless casual who never owned the system.

#34 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@mems_1224 said:

Which means nothing and the fact people believes that shippng 2 million in america and 3000 in ubeki beki stan means an advantage is just sowing how the education system is failing.

#35 Posted by Serial_Killa (0 posts) -

The PS4 will beat the Xbone like Chris Brown did Rihanna. o_0

#36 Posted by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@mems_1224 said:

if its even remotely close then it will be a big loss for sony.

It will be closer in America than say Europe. Xbox 360 was so dominate in the NA that it is a big blow for Microsoft to lose NA even by a small percentage. Then again you can't feel too sorry for them because they did it to themselves with their original policies.

#37 Posted by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@mems_1224 said:

Which means nothing and the fact people believes that shippng 2 million in america and 3000 in ubeki beki stan means an advantage is just sowing how the education system is failing.

The Playstation brand is still more popular worldwide than the Xbox brand is.

#38 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

I don't think it'll be any different then this gen, no matter how bad the fanboys want it to be. I think games will be neck and neck and I'm getting awful sick of the PS4 is so Godly vs X1 threads. We get it, you think your system is better.

#39 Edited by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

I think the PS4 and Xbone will end up selling about the same.

#40 Posted by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Worldwide, or in the NA?

#41 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@emgesp said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@mems_1224 said:

And ye still managed last place, so what's your point again?

#42 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@Heil68 said:

Worldwide, or in the NA?

World wide when it's all said and done.

#43 Edited by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

Probably 50-60 million units ahead. At least.

#44 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@kingoflife9 said:

Oh god, if you are going to correct someone at least know what you are talking about. That statement, while not as bad as his, make you look just as ignorant.

Neo-Geo is the best fighting game system of all time, but the Sega Saturn was the next best thing to the neo-geo having the best 2d fighting game line up next to it (requiring the 4meg ram pack needed to play imported fighting games). Dreamcast was a great gaming system but nothing compared to sega saturn when it came to fighting games and still has what is considered by many to be the best fighting game controller of all time.

Other than that Jakandsigz is a noob troll who probably just started gaming last gen and only ever played an on xbox, his post was mind numbingly ignorant. Saying DC only had 4 good games shows he's a clueless casual who never owned the system.

Lol so opinion are opinions but yur opinions are facts strike 1.

If I started gamng last gen (and you have repeated many times about Wii U not starting next gen) from this gen that would be the same gen as your DC. Strike 2.

Acting like gaming in the PS2 gen somehow makes you able to act like you are old and gamed a long time, Strike 3

DC did only have 4 good games that were loved by many people, with decent good titles scattered all around the library, with half of those being on other systems except a few, the Dreamcast love came out of nowhere and climbed to a peak explosion in 2007 for no reason other than symphony, nostalgia, the fall of Segas quality mostly because they did not make games on a system that was there and not really because of game quality itself, or the fact that it had games on the GC which is also overrated, but not as much, as one of nintendos best consoles, for similar, but mostly unrelated reason. Or a combination of those and many other factors.

No sudden interest in the dreamcast is legit. I would say the highest reasons is Segas current state and the fact that they did beter after messing up with the Saturn, than actually because the library is good. because the PS2 had a terrible launch, and people said the DC constantly had the better line up\ and more support out the gate, people brought more PS2 games than software sales of the 2 or so years of sega even with that.

And was buried shortly after. So clearly nobdoy gave a shit about it's games until later for no actual legit reason, sure, DC had soe legit fans that owned one during its run or slightly after. Ok, and then all of a sudden in 2005 came a random popular stance on the console that exploded in 2007. You tell me I am wrong? bet you did not even have a DC and will lie right now that you did while it was relevant.

#45 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@kingoflife9 said:

Lol so opinion are opinions but yur opinions are facts strike 1.

If I started gamng last gen (and you have repeated many times about Wii U not starting next gen) from this gen that would be the same gen as your DC. Strike 2.

Acting like gaming in the PS2 gen somehow makes you able to act like you are old and gamed a long time, Strike 3

DC did only have 4 good games that were loved by many people, with decent good titles scattered all around the library, with half of those being on other systems except a few, the Dreamcast love came out of nowhere and climbed to a peak explosion in 2007 for no reason other than symphony, nostalgia, the fall of Segas quality mostly because they did not make games on a system that was there and not really because of game quality itself, or the fact that it had games on the GC which is also overrated, but not as much, as one of nintendos best consoles, for similar, but mostly unrelated reason. Or a combination of those and many other factors.

No sudden interest in the dreamcast is legit. I would say the highest reasons is Segas current state and the fact that they did beter after messing up with the Saturn, than actually because the library is good. because the PS2 had a terrible launch, and people said the DC constantly had the better line up\ and more support out the gate, people brought more PS2 games than software sales of the 2 or so years of sega even with that.

And was buried shortly after. So clearly nobody gave a shit about it's games until later for no actual legit reason, sure, DC had some legit fans that owned one during its run or slightly after. Ok, and then all of a sudden in 2005 came a random popular stance on the console that exploded in 2007. You tell me I am wrong? bet you did not even have a DC and will lie right now that you did while it was relevant.

#46 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@emgesp said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@emgesp said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@mems_1224 said:

And ye still managed last place, so what's your point again?

Ummm, PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide my friend. PS3 only came in last place in the NA.

#47 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@emgesp said:

@Heil68 said:

Worldwide, or in the NA?

World wide when it's all said and done.

What is your definition of "about the same". PS3 sold almost 2 million units more than the 360 worldwide.

PS3 = 80.2 million units worldwide

360 = 78.6 million units worldwide.

PS4 will outsell the Xbone in NA. 100% guaranteed and would gladly bet money on it.

#48 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

@emgesp:

within 5 million of each other. I really dont care about sales though, look at last gen and the Wii, the console I played the least and also had the least amount of fun with.

#49 Edited by emgesp (2041 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@emgesp:

within 5 million of each other. I really dont care about sales though, look at last gen and the Wii, the console I played the least and also had the least amount of fun with.

Hmmm, I'm thinking 5 million units is around the amount the PS4 will outsell the Xbone in NA alone. I think at worst the PS4 outsells the Xbone by 10 million units worldwide.

Think about it. PS3 managed to outsell the 360 worldwide even though the 360 outsold the PS3 by around 12 million units in NA. I think PS4 can easily get those 12 million users back and then some.

I'm not saying we will see PS2 level of domination, but I can easily see the PS4 being the lead platform in America.

Let's turn the tables back. Imagine if the PS3 was released around the same time as the 360 for $100 cheaper. It would have dominated in the NA.

#50 Posted by cainetao11 (16620 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@emgesp said:

Agreed. It will do well enough to stay in the industry but it wont out sell PS4.