Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@AzatiS:

Yeah it is important to be appreciative of the hard work that goes into making video games. Personally while I see that it is important to be appreciative of a quality cinematic, this doesn't mean that one has to like them or even withhold criticism even if they are better executed than other games.

It's important to be honest with oneself when expressing your opinion but also empathetic of others opinions and of the hard work that went into producing the game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44056 Posts

Lets see...

Not on X1... check

Not on PC... check

Only on Two Phony systems , Bore & Poo multiplat... check

All checks out.... GS 10/10 it is. :P

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#103 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

10/10 here!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Wow this was bad, but funny at the same time. Reminded me of The Room

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@AzatiS said:

Now maybe some people understand how difficult is to do what Naughty dog does for a decade now.

Voice acting on this video was terrible but what was even worse was the characters facial expressions and the overall direction. Emotionless to death let alone out of place.

What? Making shitty non-games?

Naughty Duds just made a single title with realtime cutscenes. All the did before was pre-rendered cutscenes and Blizzard clowns Naughty Duds or any dev in the games industry in the cutscenes department.

Take your head out of Naughty Duds' a$$.

Avatar image for xCocoTheMonkeyx
xCocoTheMonkeyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 xCocoTheMonkeyx
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts
Loading Video...

@FastRobby:

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS:

Yeah it is important to be appreciative of the hard work that goes into making video games. Personally while I see that it is important to be appreciative of a quality cinematic, this doesn't mean that one has to like them or even withhold criticism even if they are better executed than other games.

It's important to be honest with oneself when expressing your opinion but also empathetic of others opinions and of the hard work that went into producing the game.

I agree though when i see the same people that crying out loud about extraordinary cinematics/cutscenes of being nothing special and this and that then they bashing bad ones like its disaster for them .. ehmmm ! :)

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By AzatiS

@zeeshanhaider said:
@AzatiS said:

Now maybe some people understand how difficult is to do what Naughty dog does for a decade now.

Voice acting on this video was terrible but what was even worse was the characters facial expressions and the overall direction. Emotionless to death let alone out of place.

Naughty Duds just made a single title with realtime cutscenes. All the did before was pre-rendered cutscenes and Blizzard clowns Naughty Duds or any dev in the games industry in the cutscenes department.

Thats your opinion.

For me , the guy that really like cinematic games , epic cutscenes and great voice acting while im into stories big time while playing a great/good game , ND are gods and i cant wait for Last of Us 2.

For you , the typical hypocrites that you judging ND games over and over when at the same time you calling games like Resident Evil 4 masterpiece ... dont play ND games all i care.

I like all kind of games , story driven , cinematic driven , indies , everything .. Im lucky i guess vs you. Oh well , i can have fun all around from all kind of experiences ! Jealous ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS:

It's important to appreciate the amount of work that goes into these games on a technical level but it's also important to be critical. For example, some of the cut-scenes in Uncharted are very impressive technically but may not hold up to other mediums in terms of directing, camera work and scene setting or dialogue. If the medium is to grow, we need to acknowledge both the successes and the drawbacks.

I can only go by Uncharted 2 but the facial animations and voice acting are great. It has excellent technology but the screenwriting and script hold the cuts-scenes back.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS:

It's important to appreciate the amount of work that goes into these games on a technical level but it's also important to be critical. For example, some of the cut-scenes in Uncharted are very impressive technically but may not hold up to other mediums in terms of directing, camera work and scene setting or dialogue. If the medium is to grow, we need to acknowledge both the successes and the drawbacks.

Still though not many games can even think to do the same . Uncharted 4s cutscenes at their worse can beat 99% of every other cinematic game out there under same genre.

So we talking about personal preference or small technical details etc here . When for Horizons cutscene they posted here we can say from the start ... Its crap. End of story. Noone can argue . When it comes to UC4 for example .. its all about opinions and personal taste.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS:

Yes, in terms of technical fidelity but saying the cut-scenes are amazing without addressing the screenwriting and dialogue will hinder the medium from progressing. At least, this is what I think. If advancements in story telling is to be made in this medium, it has to come from somewhere other than technology and graphical fidelity.

A cut-scene still needs to do more than look beautiful. Uncharted games deserve the credit for having excellent graphics in their cut-scenes but are perhaps not as successful in the story-telling department.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

This game looks like a glorified Far cry game...Im still on the fence considering Guerrilla games are only good at visuals and very mediocre at everything else.

edit, those facial animations are wierd

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS:

Yes, in terms of technical fidelity but saying the cut-scenes are amazing without addressing the screenwriting and dialogue will hinder the medium from progressing. At least, this is what I think. If advancements in story telling is to be made in this medium, it has to come from somewhere other than technology and graphical fidelity.

A cut-scene still needs to do more than look beautiful. Uncharted games deserve the credit for having excellent graphics in their cut-scenes but are perhaps not as successful in the story-telling department.

I agree

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@musalala said:

This game looks like a glorified Far cry game...Im still on the fence considering Guerrilla games are only good at visuals and very mediocre at everything else.

Yeah, a glorified Far Cry game without the interesting antagonist set in the world of Enslaved. How anyone can hype a game like that is beyond me

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

But yeah, I'm hype for Horizon and i already pre-order it but it never came to my mind it's a Zelda killer lol.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

That girl in the video seems like she could kill Zelda pretty easily.

TSHBO.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Man look at all those hype bridges getting burned!

7/10 or 8/10? I have must have been reading comments about a different game for the past year ....

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@charizard1605: Video confirmed my 10/10 prediction.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@dakur said:

That girl in the video seems like she could kill Zelda pretty easily.

TSHBO.

This made me chuckle

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:
@musalala said:

Yeah, a glorified Far Cry game without the interesting antagonist set in the world of Enslaved. How anyone can hype a game like that is beyond me

Well I suppose if you're going to be reductive it's hard to get hyped for any game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@dakur:

Not Ocarina of Time Zelda/Sheik. :P That girl can teleport.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By AzatiS

Charizard goes rampant once again and bashing SONY and its games yet again , like he did when Wii U first released few years back or/and when AAA great Nintendo titles are around the corner. Oh those memories !

Should i say care what you saying like i said personally to you long time ago ? Or youll laugh about it like you did then and keep trolling/bashing ? You know the drift man , you know the drift.

How is possible to bash/gently bash SONY over and over then when things getting FUP for Nintendo you taking SONYs side but not sincerely/all the way , then a new console or a new nitendo game coming and then you start all over like SONY sucks and X game is crap or PS4 has no games ( oops sorry that was long time ago ) etc etc.

Thats why i love SW !

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@dakur:

Not Ocarina of Time Zelda/Sheik. :P That girl can teleport.

And the Horizon girl can keep a straight face in front of pretty cringe-worthy acting. Who's more powerful now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@dakur:

Touche. That's quite an incredible power. :O

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#125 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

The only 10/10 future games based on quality and not hype are on my sig. and no game from future will be better than both.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#126  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@charizard1605: He does, but that doesn't explain the terrible voice acting for the other two...

Dude, there's no excuse for any of the three. Having mental problems doesn't mean he has to sound like a wooden actor. Ed Wood wrote better dialogue. That was awful. But, I still have high hopes for Horizon. I put that on the back burner for Nioh, but after that and Halo Wars 2, Mass Effect, I want to buy Horizon.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Amazing. Not awkward at all. GOTY. All the awards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#128 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@AzatiS said:

Charizard goes rampant once again and bashing SONY and its games yet again , like he did when Wii U first released few years back or/and when AAA great Nintendo titles are around the corner. Oh those memories !

Should i say care what you saying like i said personally to you long time ago ? Or youll laugh about it like you did then and keep trolling/bashing ? You know the drift man , you know the drift.

How is possible to bash/gently bash SONY over and over then when things getting FUP for Nintendo you taking SONYs side but not sincerely/all the way , then a new console or a new nitendo game coming and then you start all over like SONY sucks and X game is crap or PS4 has no games ( oops sorry that was long time ago ) etc etc.

Thats why i love SW !

Are you incapable of understanding humor?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#129 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS:

Uncharted's writing would be ripped a new one in a better story telling medium, and that's some so called "gold standard" to these sewer water drinking clowns. Contrary to what they say, they aren't interested in progressing the medium. They want something shiny and the glad handing corporate cheerleaders ahem, game "critics" to tell them the sewer water is actually wine.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#130  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

funny thing is that despite the sarcasm of the OP, it'll probably be a 10/10 anyways once the Sony exclusive score handicap is applied, I mean look how laughably bad this other 10/10 is...

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@jg4xchamp:

I mean, yeah. I wouldn't put it that way but it definitely isn't up to scratch with other story-telling mediums in my opinion too. Nathan Drake isn't the most defined character compared to similar action heroes.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#132 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@charizard1605: I see what you did thar! LOL! Yeah that was really bad, as well as the animation. For a game that looks pretty, you'd think they would fix the character animation.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#133 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I'll get it day one, but not even close, TC lol

The game does look fun for a while and it's visually fantastic, but after watching many vids i'm affraid it's not much more than na Ubisoft game in a diferente setting: towers to unlock areas, invisible walls everywhere (you can only climb to places where you see na yellow rope in the Wall), hud elements everywhere, highlighted items (killing sense of exploration), schemactic activities (collect 50 items to clean the map), etc...

Like i said it looks fantastic, robot design and animations are incredible, but this game will need RPG mechanics and interesting lore/story to not be just another average open world game.

I'm expecting a good 7/10, 8/10 at best, here.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Another rich engaging story to add to avalanche of world class gaming experiences available on PS4.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

funny thing is that despite the sarcasm of the OP, it'll probably be a 10/10 anyways once the Sony exclusive score handicap is applied, I mean look how laughably bad this other 10/10 is...

Loading Video...

Played MGS4 as well, it was definitely NOT a 10/10! That game was a 7/10 and a poorly executed ending to Solid Snake's adventure.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#136 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol, that was horrible. How can you compare that crap to something like Witcher 3?!?! Wow.

I'll say it again, I don't get the massive hype for this game. It looks cool, but the gameplay seem generic from what I've seen and it looks like the voice acting and writing aren't going to be anything to write home about. Anyway, it'll still probably get 10/10 from most sites because it's PS.

While i haven't yet played Witcher 3 (only Witcher 1 and 2 on PC), I bet it also has a few bad scenes or badly voiced NPC's. It's basically an inevitability in gaming.

That being said, that scene/quest was particularly laughable. But if it's just a NPC that happens and is no big deal. My hype for this game has always been 8/10, because I'm sure they will fall into typical video game and WRPG tropes. The best hope with this game is that it's basically "Skyrim with dinosaur robots". Expect lots of fetch quests and repetition like most WRPG.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23911 Posts

I knew what the video linked was gonna be before I even clicked on the topic.

But yeah, the real gems on the PS4 this year will probably be Nioh and Nier 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#138 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@2Chalupas said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol, that was horrible. How can you compare that crap to something like Witcher 3?!?! Wow.

I'll say it again, I don't get the massive hype for this game. It looks cool, but the gameplay seem generic from what I've seen and it looks like the voice acting and writing aren't going to be anything to write home about. Anyway, it'll still probably get 10/10 from most sites because it's PS.

While i haven't yet played Witcher 3 (only Witcher 1 and 2 on PC), I bet it also has a few bad scenes or badly voiced NPC's. It's basically an inevitability in gaming.

That being said, that scene/quest was particularly laughable. But if it's just a NPC that happens and is no big deal. My hype for this game has always been 8/10, because I'm sure they will fall into typical video game and WRPG tropes. The best hope with this game is that it's basically "Skyrim with dinosaur robots". Expect lots of fetch quests and repetition like most WRPG.

Witcher 3, surprisingly enough, didn't have any poor voice acting or scenes that stick out like this. Then again, that game is massive- entirely possible that some scenes like that do exist, and I just never triggered them through my playthrough.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#139  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58908 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lamprey263 said:

Loading Video...

Played MGS4 as well, it was definitely NOT a 10/10! That game was a 7/10 and a poorly executed ending to Solid Snake's adventure.

Critics went on expectation rather than reality. Retrospect has beaten this game to a pulp.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@AzatiS said:

Thats your opinion.

For me , the guy that really like cinematic games , epic cutscenes and great voice acting while im into stories big time while playing a great/good game , ND are gods and i cant wait for Last of Us 2.

For you , the typical hypocrites that you judging ND games over and over when at the same time you calling games like Resident Evil 4 masterpiece ... dont play ND games all i care.

I like all kind of games , story driven , cinematic driven , indies , everything .. Im lucky i guess vs you. Oh well , i can have fun all around from all kind of experiences ! Jealous ?

First I never called RE4 a masterpiece, never. I wasn't even a fan of the series to begin with but the point is Naughty Duds sucks in everything they do and there's not even a single field that they excel at, not even the cutscenes. Blizzard shits all over them.

And as far as gameplay is concerened Naughty Duds don't even make games, and when they did, they made mediocre shitty games. This studio is copying others works and failing at the same time for well over 30+ years. So, not jealous just laughing at idiots like you who before UC2 didn't even know who Naughty Duds were.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#141 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@jg4xchamp:

I mean, yeah. I wouldn't put it that way but it definitely isn't up to scratch with other story-telling mediums in my opinion too. Nathan Drake isn't the most defined character compared to similar action heroes.

He's not even that good of a character by this medium's standards. Even for a tps. Remedy's version of Max Payne and Naughty Dog's own Joel are significantly more compelling characters. He's fun n charming, but in a poverty Malcolm Reynolds sort of way. None of which excuses that outside the shooting in UC4, the rest of the gameplay is pretty mediocre in this series, you know the interactive bits, in a fucking interactive medium. But goty all years? fucking christ.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#142 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Lets see...

Not on X1... check

Not on PC... check

Only on Two Phony systems , Bore & Poo multiplat... check

All checks out.... GS 10/10 it is. :P

Anything less than a 10 and it's a fffflo....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@jg4xchamp:

My problem is that they keep insisting upon retiring Nathan from treasure hunting... yet one of the only defining traits of his character is treasure hunting.

In the opening of Uncharted 2, he insists that he has retired from treasure hunting while he sits by himself in a beach-side bar drinking. Outside of hunting for treasure, Nate does very little. He has no life outside of the gameplay. Some of the clips I've seen of U4 show Nathan playing a PS1 which assumes he is an old-school gamer. More of that might give him some life. He's otherwise one dimensional. :(

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts
Loading Video...

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

It's an open world game, they always lack in something. In this case writing and facial animations. Guerrilla Games still going strong in the graphics department though.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
@jumpaction said:

Some of the clips I've seen of U4 show Nathan playing a PS1 which assumes he is an old-school gamer. More of that might give him some life. He's otherwise one dimensional. :(

He's not, it's his wife's playstation and Drake doesn't even know how to play it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#147 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

That was hard to watch. Hopefully this scene is unique.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@soulitane:

Oh my mistake! I haven't played the and I must have remembered the clip wrong.

They could have doneore to gI've Nathan a life outside of treasier hunting even in reference.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#149 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I hope so. The game looks really cool. And it's bold move to not include tutorials in the game. It's been awhile since we had this design choice in AAA game.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

What's really interesting is that the whole scene would have actually been OK with 16 bit sprites and just text.