Honest inquiry, should I trade my PS4 for an X1?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ronaldmonster (1110 posts) -

All power and capability issues aside, as I just don't care in the grand scheme of things.

But honestly why do I own a PS4? There's nothing on that I don't find extremely mediocre or outright boring. Killzone Shadowfall bored me to death, Infamous Second Son wasn't nearly as good the second game much less the original & I don't see anything remotely interesting coming in months. The interface is terrible and it's media capabilities are lacking. I spent a year on Playstation plus but there's nothing besides COD & god forbid that unbalanced mess Killzone and the dead online that is Injustice. Yet, X1 has Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, Titanfall and list of other exclusives coming that are more oriented toward me & the controller is honestly just weird.

I feel like I've wasted a ton of money on this and I'm not enjoying my purchase. Should I get trade it in SW?

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

I feel like this is bait, but if you want to... Sure. I dunno how you couldn't make that decision yourself.

#3 Edited by Spartan070 (16361 posts) -

Always let the libraries decide, not the machines. Having said that, I would suggest trying for both since there are some good X1 deals out there now. It'll pay off in the long run. Also, don't judge a console gens library off the opening 6-month launch wave, check the upcoming games also.

...but like I said initially, always let the libraries decide.

Either way, you can't go wrong imo.

#4 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29394 posts) -

If you aren't enjoying the PS4 and think you'd enjoy the Xbox One, then of course you should. Why do you even need to ask?

#5 Edited by ronaldmonster (1110 posts) -

@lundy86_4: I lol'd at your avatar. But it's not a bait, I just don't see much interesting on it. If need be I'll post a pic of it to prove I have it.

#6 Edited by SolidTy (43866 posts) -

TITLE: Honest inquiry, should I trade my PS4 for an X1?

----

Honest? lol. Seems legit. That OP is just bad.

It's humorous because back in December (Four months ago) the OP said this,

"Love my Xbox one..."

#7 Edited by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

I'd trade my mustang for a geo metro, too

#8 Posted by ronaldmonster (1110 posts) -
@SolidTy said:

should I trade my PS4 for an X1?

----

Seems legit. lol. That OP is just bad.

"Love my Xbox one..."

I had one at the time, situations changed.

#9 Edited by KBFloYd (13846 posts) -
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

so what happened? you sold it? why?

#10 Posted by ronaldmonster (1110 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

It's personal, I'm not going to discuss that type of shit online. Situations changed, that's all you get.

#11 Edited by bobbetybob (19292 posts) -
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

So you hated the games on PS4, enjoyed the ones on Xbox One but still sold your Xbox One.

The problem seems to be that you make terrible decisions, nobody in System Wars can fix that for you.

#12 Edited by SolidTy (43866 posts) -

@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

You already had an Xbone and "situations changed" now you want another one and found yourself in the position of having a PS4 you don't like. I get it.

By all means, keep selling and re-buying hardware (or whatever it is that you do for situations to change) for SW amusement. Apparently the launch titles in your OP that you had access too with your previous Xbone like Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and Zoo Tycoon keep calling for you.

I have an Xbone but I buy all the consoles and I don't sell hardware, if you were wondering.

#13 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17976 posts) -

So you say there are no games for the PS4, but you want an X1? And what games are on the X1?

#14 Edited by Shewgenja (9638 posts) -

I say, if you're dumb enough to ask that question, then you should go for it.

Oh snap, fakeboy status: confirm.

#15 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

@ronaldmonster said:

@lundy86_4: I lol'd at your avatar. But it's not a bait, I just don't see much interesting on it. If need be I'll post a pic of it to prove I have it.

See SolidTy's post ^^

#16 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Idiocy

#17 Edited by lamprey263 (24236 posts) -

maybe instead of trading it in just save up, then you'll have both, you'll be able to play exclusive on both, and whichever system your friends own you'll be able to play online with them, and you can get multiplats on whichever system you come to prefer

#18 Edited by dreamdude (4615 posts) -

Sure.

#19 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@ronaldmonster said:

@KBFloYd said:
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

It's personal, I'm not going to discuss that type of shit online. Situations changed, that's all you get.

pics or shut the fuck up.

or will the situations change and your ps4 will already be gone by the time you pull out your camera?

#20 Posted by osirisx3 (1820 posts) -

the grass is never greener on the other side. The Xbox One has a pretty crappy line up as well so you might not be happy there as well. Keep the ps4 all 3 consoles suck right now. Just give it time the start of gens are almost always slow.

#21 Posted by Spartan070 (16361 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I have an Xbone but I buy all the consoles and I don't sell hardware, if you were wondering.

No one was wondering...we all know...you remind us all the time :P

#22 Edited by SolidTy (43866 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@SolidTy said:

You already had an Xbone and "situations changed" now you want another one and found yourself in the position of having a PS4 you don't like. I get it.

By all means, keep selling and re-buying hardware (or whatever it is that you do for situations to change) for SW amusement. Apparently the launch titles in your OP that you had access too with your previous Xbone like Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and Zoo Tycoon keep calling for you.

I don't know him and there was no "us" in that conversation. I was speaking directly to him as a new poster to me. The thread is about ownership on consoles. Plus, it's insurance (just in case measure) for the future conversation with him. :P

"No one","We all", & "us"? You can't speak for the OP, nor can you speak for everyone. I just met the OP as far as I can recall. You are just speaking for yourself...silly!

I noticed you aren't on topic, instead choosing to quote me after busting an obviously slanted OP created by what was proven to be a contradicting fakeboy...I can only assume by your off-topic post that you didn't like the sudden plot twist in the thread, eh? :P I didn't create the thread though, I just made the terrible discovery. :( :P

#23 Edited by RossRichard (2394 posts) -

Just get both.

#24 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

ITT: TC whining because he couldn't wait and decided to early adopt.

#25 Posted by Bigboi500 (30106 posts) -

Trading in systems is a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY. Don't do it.

#26 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

Owned. TC is a liar.

#27 Posted by Netret0120 (2210 posts) -

TC is full of crap. Been caught in his lies and this thread failed. Hahahahaha Self-ownage.

#28 Posted by HerzogJan (424 posts) -

Looks like a fakeboy.

#29 Posted by intotheminx (703 posts) -

You don't need advice from anyone here if you want another system..just get it lol. Personally, hardware and high resolutions aren't a selling point and I'm a PC gamer. What matters is if the games you would have fun playing are on that platform.

#30 Edited by cainetao11 (17775 posts) -

@ronaldmonster said:

All power and capability issues aside, as I just don't care in the grand scheme of things.

But honestly why do I own a PS4? There's nothing on that I don't find extremely mediocre or outright boring. Killzone Shadowfall bored me to death, Infamous Second Son wasn't nearly as good the second game much less the original & I don't see anything remotely interesting coming in months. The interface is terrible and it's media capabilities are lacking. I spent a year on Playstation plus but there's nothing besides COD & god forbid that unbalanced mess Killzone and the dead online that is Injustice. Yet, X1 has Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, Titanfall and list of other exclusives coming that are more oriented toward me & the controller is honestly just weird.

I feel like I've wasted a ton of money on this and I'm not enjoying my purchase. Should I get trade it in SW?

Based on what you say, yes you should. Or save and own both, that's the best option.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!!!!!

You're busted!!!!!

#31 Posted by ronaldmonster (1110 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@Spartan070 said:

@SolidTy said:

I don't know him and there was no "us" in that conversation. I was speaking directly to him as a new poster to me. The thread is about ownership on consoles. Plus, it's insurance (just in case measure) for the future conversation with him. :P

"No one","We all", & "us"? You can't speak for the OP, nor can you speak for everyone. I just met the OP as far as I can recall. You are just speaking for yourself...silly!

I noticed you aren't on topic, instead choosing to quote me after busting an obviously slanted OP created by what was proven to be a contradicting fakeboy...I can only assume by your off-topic post that you didn't like the sudden plot twist in the thread, eh? :P I didn't create the thread though, I just made the terrible discovery. :( :P

Not at all really. I'm not going to explain what happened which caused me to no longer have an X1, and when it came time for me to get another one at the TIME it looked like the PS4 was the better choice. Now? Not so much. I'm still deciding on if I should wait it out post E3 or just go ahead and get rid of it today.

#32 Edited by Bishop1310 (1109 posts) -

My ps4 sits and collects dust while the X1 is used almost daily... yes.. scrap the paper weight.

#33 Posted by hummer700 (10197 posts) -

If you like the games on Xbone better than definitely, yeah trade it in. Personally I feel like MS goes all out at the beginning of a console's and blows their load and later on there are basically no worth while exclusive games (just look at the xbox 360 for example). PS is a better long term decision as far as exclusives go. Its all preference in the end, really though.

#34 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

@ronaldmonster said:

Forget all this resolution bullshit. If X1 has the games you want and PS4 doesn't, its simple. Get an X1. I have fully enjoyed it AND the multiplats

#35 Posted by gago-gago (9542 posts) -

Don't worry Greatmess Awaits.

#36 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

what an interesting little gem of a thread.

#37 Posted by Spartan070 (16361 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@Spartan070 said:

WHOA lol, I was a bit off topic for 1 post but what's SW without a bit of levity... :P

Perhaps you missed the 2nd response in the thread...

@Spartan070 said:

Always let the libraries decide, not the machines. Having said that, I would suggest trying for both since there are some good X1 deals out there now. It'll pay off in the long run. Also, don't judge a console gens library off the opening 6-month launch wave, check the upcoming games also.

...but like I said initially, always let the libraries decide.

Either way, you can't go wrong imo.

...also I own all the consoles except the WiiU so I'm actually on board with you. As a collector I actually own(currently) 32 consoles although many of them are duplicates(N64 in 6 colors).

Do your thing man, do your thing.

#38 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

LOL busted!

@ronaldmonster said:

@KBFloYd said:
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

Double busted.

Amazing topic. Detectivespot on the case.

#39 Posted by Bigboi500 (30106 posts) -

What the hell is wrong with you people who buy, sell and trade systems all the damn time? If you buy something, stick with it because games come out all the time.

#40 Posted by highking_kallor (524 posts) -

@ronaldmonster said:

Do it. We dont need moaners like you on PSN.

#41 Edited by SolidTy (43866 posts) -

@ronaldmonster said:

@SolidTy said:

@Spartan070 said:

@SolidTy said:

Not at all really. I'm not going to explain what happened which caused me to no longer have an X1, and when it came time for me to get another one at the TIME it looked like the PS4 was the better choice. Now? Not so much. I'm still deciding on if I should wait it out post E3 or just go ahead and get rid of it today.

Assuming this isn't just a lolfakeboy thread (same fakeboy premise we've seen 1000 times before) as it appears to be:

Get rid of it, man. That's what you want to do based on that OP, so do it. I keep my machines, but to each their own. Sure, E3 is a few months away on June 10. It's April now which means at least two more PS+ games that you probably won't like, meanwhile you are wanting to play Zoo Tycoon Xbone in your OP. Perhaps more Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3.

Based on your OP it doesn't look there is anything about the machine that will ever please you as you liked the Xbone launch exclusives with your launch Xbone and now find yourself with a PS4 pining for that Xbone. As you said back in December, you loved your Xbone.

Launches are always rough, that's why I'm still playing my PC, PS3, Wii, and 360 while waiting for my Wii U, Xbone, and PS4 games. This is how it always has been for me. Back when PS2/Dreamcast/Xbox/Gamecube launched, I was still playing N64, PC, Saturn, and PSOne games. I was playing PS2/GC/Xbox/PC (not DreamCast by that point tho) when the 360/PS3/Wii hit. It goes on and on.

It seems you keep bouncing back and forth getting these machines, whatever floats your boat.

#42 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

TC Owned and exposed!

#44 Posted by Gesyma (1042 posts) -

Just keep it and save up for an X1. There WILL be games that you want for PS4 down the line and you're likely going to just want to get another one anyway... why waste the money trading in hardware over and over? You should be seeing a pattern here at this point...

#45 Edited by slim70 (442 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

Hahahahahahahahaha! Haaaaahahahahahahaaahahahaha! /thread

#46 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (157 posts) -

Yes defiantly you should. I own both but my PS4's been collecting dust sense i got it. TF, killer instinct, Ryse and PG5 are all awesome games. Plus the interface is better and going from controller to voice commands or combination between the two feels like going from a regular phone to a smart phone. Now that i got used to voice commands i don't ever wanna go back. The whole Xbox one experience just feels next gen to me. PS 4 doesn't next gen to me at all.....

#47 Edited by SolidTy (43866 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Spartan070 said:

WHOA lol, I was a bit off topic for 1 post but what's SW without a bit of levity... :P

Perhaps you missed the 2nd response in the thread...

...also I own all the consoles except the WiiU so I'm actually on board with you. As a collector I actually own(currently) 32 consoles although many of them are duplicates(N64 in 6 colors).

Do your thing man, do your thing.

I didn't miss that second post, lol. I agree with that second post, but I responded to your off topic reply to me and I returned that playful levity as well.

My post would have mirrored that second post had I not made the unfortunate discovery of what that dastardly TC was plotting. The slanted OP tipped me off though and SW deserved justice! :P It was like a serial killer that leaves clues behind in the crime scene because subconsciously the killer wants to get caught.

#48 Posted by freedomfreak (41035 posts) -

Yeah, man. The line-up looks better.

I'd get an Xbox One, but not now.

#49 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

SolidTy I think you should sell your Xbox One because you write something negative about it on almost every thread. Can you even list the things you like about the Xbox One?

#50 Posted by Spartan070 (16361 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I didn't miss that second post, lol. I agree with that second post, but I responded to your off topic reply to me and I returned that playful levity as well.

My post would have mirrored that second post had I not made the unfortunate discovery of what that dastardly TC was plotting. The slanted OP tipped me off though and SW deserved justice! :P It was like a serial killer that leaves clues behind in the crime scene because subconsciously the killer wants to get caught.

I have to give you props, you always have perfect hindsight on SW, you're like the SW historian lol