Honest inquiry, should I trade my PS4 for an X1?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronaldmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ronaldmonster
Member since 2004 • 1109 Posts

All power and capability issues aside, as I just don't care in the grand scheme of things.

But honestly why do I own a PS4? There's nothing on that I don't find extremely mediocre or outright boring. Killzone Shadowfall bored me to death, Infamous Second Son wasn't nearly as good the second game much less the original & I don't see anything remotely interesting coming in months. The interface is terrible and it's media capabilities are lacking. I spent a year on Playstation plus but there's nothing besides COD & god forbid that unbalanced mess Killzone and the dead online that is Injustice. Yet, X1 has Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, Titanfall and list of other exclusives coming that are more oriented toward me & the controller is honestly just weird.

I feel like I've wasted a ton of money on this and I'm not enjoying my purchase. Should I get trade it in SW?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61411 Posts

I feel like this is bait, but if you want to... Sure. I dunno how you couldn't make that decision yourself.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Always let the libraries decide, not the machines. Having said that, I would suggest trying for both since there are some good X1 deals out there now. It'll pay off in the long run. Also, don't judge a console gens library off the opening 6-month launch wave, check the upcoming games also.

...but like I said initially, always let the libraries decide.

Either way, you can't go wrong imo.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

If you aren't enjoying the PS4 and think you'd enjoy the Xbox One, then of course you should. Why do you even need to ask?

ronaldmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ronaldmonster

@lundy86_4: I lol'd at your avatar. But it's not a bait, I just don't see much interesting on it. If need be I'll post a pic of it to prove I have it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

TITLE: Honest inquiry, should I trade my PS4 for an X1?

----

Honest? lol. Seems legit. That OP is just bad.

It's humorous because back in December (Four months ago) the OP said this,

"Love my Xbox one..."

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I'd trade my mustang for a geo metro, too

ronaldmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ronaldmonster
@SolidTy said:

should I trade my PS4 for an X1?

----

Seems legit. lol. That OP is just bad.

"Love my Xbox one..."

I had one at the time, situations changed.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

so what happened? you sold it? why?

ronaldmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ronaldmonster

@KBFloYd said:
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

It's personal, I'm not going to discuss that type of shit online. Situations changed, that's all you get.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

So you hated the games on PS4, enjoyed the ones on Xbox One but still sold your Xbox One.

The problem seems to be that you make terrible decisions, nobody in System Wars can fix that for you.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidTy

@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

You already had an Xbone and "situations changed" now you want another one and found yourself in the position of having a PS4 you don't like. I get it.

By all means, keep selling and re-buying hardware (or whatever it is that you do for situations to change) for SW amusement. Apparently the launch titles in your OP that you had access too with your previous Xbone like Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and Zoo Tycoon keep calling for you.

I have an Xbone but I buy all the consoles and I don't sell hardware, if you were wondering.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44865 Posts

So you say there are no games for the PS4, but you want an X1? And what games are on the X1?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I say, if you're dumb enough to ask that question, then you should go for it.

Oh snap, fakeboy status: confirm.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61411 Posts

@ronaldmonster said:

@lundy86_4: I lol'd at your avatar. But it's not a bait, I just don't see much interesting on it. If need be I'll post a pic of it to prove I have it.

See SolidTy's post ^^

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Idiocy

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44485 Posts

maybe instead of trading it in just save up, then you'll have both, you'll be able to play exclusive on both, and whichever system your friends own you'll be able to play online with them, and you can get multiplats on whichever system you come to prefer

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

Sure.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@ronaldmonster said:

@KBFloYd said:
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

It's personal, I'm not going to discuss that type of shit online. Situations changed, that's all you get.

pics or shut the **** up.

or will the situations change and your ps4 will already be gone by the time you pull out your camera?

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

the grass is never greener on the other side. The Xbox One has a pretty crappy line up as well so you might not be happy there as well. Keep the ps4 all 3 consoles suck right now. Just give it time the start of gens are almost always slow.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Spartan070

@SolidTy said:

I have an Xbone but I buy all the consoles and I don't sell hardware, if you were wondering.

No one was wondering...we all know...you remind us all the time :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SolidTy

@Spartan070 said:

@SolidTy said:

You already had an Xbone and "situations changed" now you want another one and found yourself in the position of having a PS4 you don't like. I get it.

By all means, keep selling and re-buying hardware (or whatever it is that you do for situations to change) for SW amusement. Apparently the launch titles in your OP that you had access too with your previous Xbone like Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and Zoo Tycoon keep calling for you.

I don't know him and there was no "us" in that conversation. I was speaking directly to him as a new poster to me. The thread is about ownership on consoles. Plus, it's insurance (just in case measure) for the future conversation with him. :P

"No one","We all", & "us"? You can't speak for the OP, nor can you speak for everyone. I just met the OP as far as I can recall. You are just speaking for yourself...silly!

I noticed you aren't on topic, instead choosing to quote me after busting an obviously slanted OP created by what was proven to be a contradicting fakeboy...I can only assume by your off-topic post that you didn't like the sudden plot twist in the thread, eh? :P I didn't create the thread though, I just made the terrible discovery. :( :P

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Just get both.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

ITT: TC whining because he couldn't wait and decided to early adopt.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Trading in systems is a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY. Don't do it.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

Owned. TC is a liar.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

TC is full of crap. Been caught in his lies and this thread failed. Hahahahaha Self-ownage.

HerzogJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HerzogJan
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts

Looks like a fakeboy.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

You don't need advice from anyone here if you want another system..just get it lol. Personally, hardware and high resolutions aren't a selling point and I'm a PC gamer. What matters is if the games you would have fun playing are on that platform.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@ronaldmonster said:

All power and capability issues aside, as I just don't care in the grand scheme of things.

But honestly why do I own a PS4? There's nothing on that I don't find extremely mediocre or outright boring. Killzone Shadowfall bored me to death, Infamous Second Son wasn't nearly as good the second game much less the original & I don't see anything remotely interesting coming in months. The interface is terrible and it's media capabilities are lacking. I spent a year on Playstation plus but there's nothing besides COD & god forbid that unbalanced mess Killzone and the dead online that is Injustice. Yet, X1 has Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, Titanfall and list of other exclusives coming that are more oriented toward me & the controller is honestly just weird.

I feel like I've wasted a ton of money on this and I'm not enjoying my purchase. Should I get trade it in SW?

Based on what you say, yes you should. Or save and own both, that's the best option.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!!!!!

You're busted!!!!!

ronaldmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ronaldmonster

@SolidTy said:

@Spartan070 said:

@SolidTy said:

I don't know him and there was no "us" in that conversation. I was speaking directly to him as a new poster to me. The thread is about ownership on consoles. Plus, it's insurance (just in case measure) for the future conversation with him. :P

"No one","We all", & "us"? You can't speak for the OP, nor can you speak for everyone. I just met the OP as far as I can recall. You are just speaking for yourself...silly!

I noticed you aren't on topic, instead choosing to quote me after busting an obviously slanted OP created by what was proven to be a contradicting fakeboy...I can only assume by your off-topic post that you didn't like the sudden plot twist in the thread, eh? :P I didn't create the thread though, I just made the terrible discovery. :( :P

Not at all really. I'm not going to explain what happened which caused me to no longer have an X1, and when it came time for me to get another one at the TIME it looked like the PS4 was the better choice. Now? Not so much. I'm still deciding on if I should wait it out post E3 or just go ahead and get rid of it today.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

My ps4 sits and collects dust while the X1 is used almost daily... yes.. scrap the paper weight.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

@ronaldmonster said:

Forget all this resolution bullshit. If X1 has the games you want and PS4 doesn't, its simple. Get an X1. I have fully enjoyed it AND the multiplats

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Don't worry Greatmess Awaits.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

what an interesting little gem of a thread.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Spartan070

@SolidTy said:

@Spartan070 said:

WHOA lol, I was a bit off topic for 1 post but what's SW without a bit of levity... :P

Perhaps you missed the 2nd response in the thread...

@Spartan070 said:

Always let the libraries decide, not the machines. Having said that, I would suggest trying for both since there are some good X1 deals out there now. It'll pay off in the long run. Also, don't judge a console gens library off the opening 6-month launch wave, check the upcoming games also.

...but like I said initially, always let the libraries decide.

Either way, you can't go wrong imo.

...also I own all the consoles except the WiiU so I'm actually on board with you. As a collector I actually own(currently) 32 consoles although many of them are duplicates(N64 in 6 colors).

Do your thing man, do your thing.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

LOL busted!

@ronaldmonster said:

@KBFloYd said:
@ronaldmonster said:
@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

Double busted.

Amazing topic. Detectivespot on the case.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

What the hell is wrong with you people who buy, sell and trade systems all the damn time? If you buy something, stick with it because games come out all the time.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@ronaldmonster said:

Do it. We dont need moaners like you on PSN.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SolidTy

@ronaldmonster said:

@SolidTy said:

@Spartan070 said:

@SolidTy said:

Not at all really. I'm not going to explain what happened which caused me to no longer have an X1, and when it came time for me to get another one at the TIME it looked like the PS4 was the better choice. Now? Not so much. I'm still deciding on if I should wait it out post E3 or just go ahead and get rid of it today.

Assuming this isn't just a lolfakeboy thread (same fakeboy premise we've seen 1000 times before) as it appears to be:

Get rid of it, man. That's what you want to do based on that OP, so do it. I keep my machines, but to each their own. Sure, E3 is a few months away on June 10. It's April now which means at least two more PS+ games that you probably won't like, meanwhile you are wanting to play Zoo Tycoon Xbone in your OP. Perhaps more Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3.

Based on your OP it doesn't look there is anything about the machine that will ever please you as you liked the Xbone launch exclusives with your launch Xbone and now find yourself with a PS4 pining for that Xbone. As you said back in December, you loved your Xbone.

Launches are always rough, that's why I'm still playing my PC, PS3, Wii, and 360 while waiting for my Wii U, Xbone, and PS4 games. This is how it always has been for me. Back when PS2/Dreamcast/Xbox/Gamecube launched, I was still playing N64, PC, Saturn, and PSOne games. I was playing PS2/GC/Xbox/PC (not DreamCast by that point tho) when the 360/PS3/Wii hit. It goes on and on.

It seems you keep bouncing back and forth getting these machines, whatever floats your boat.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

TC Owned and exposed!

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

Just keep it and save up for an X1. There WILL be games that you want for PS4 down the line and you're likely going to just want to get another one anyway... why waste the money trading in hardware over and over? You should be seeing a pattern here at this point...

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@SolidTy said:

----

"Love my Xbox one..."

Hahahahahahahahaha! Haaaaahahahahahahaaahahahaha! /thread

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

Yes defiantly you should. I own both but my PS4's been collecting dust sense i got it. TF, killer instinct, Ryse and PG5 are all awesome games. Plus the interface is better and going from controller to voice commands or combination between the two feels like going from a regular phone to a smart phone. Now that i got used to voice commands i don't ever wanna go back. The whole Xbox one experience just feels next gen to me. PS 4 doesn't next gen to me at all.....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SolidTy

@Spartan070 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Spartan070 said:

WHOA lol, I was a bit off topic for 1 post but what's SW without a bit of levity... :P

Perhaps you missed the 2nd response in the thread...

...also I own all the consoles except the WiiU so I'm actually on board with you. As a collector I actually own(currently) 32 consoles although many of them are duplicates(N64 in 6 colors).

Do your thing man, do your thing.

I didn't miss that second post, lol. I agree with that second post, but I responded to your off topic reply to me and I returned that playful levity as well.

My post would have mirrored that second post had I not made the unfortunate discovery of what that dastardly TC was plotting. The slanted OP tipped me off though and SW deserved justice! :P It was like a serial killer that leaves clues behind in the crime scene because subconsciously the killer wants to get caught.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52418 Posts

Yeah, man. The line-up looks better.

I'd get an Xbox One, but not now.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12180 Posts

SolidTy I think you should sell your Xbox One because you write something negative about it on almost every thread. Can you even list the things you like about the Xbox One?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Spartan070

@SolidTy said:

I didn't miss that second post, lol. I agree with that second post, but I responded to your off topic reply to me and I returned that playful levity as well.

My post would have mirrored that second post had I not made the unfortunate discovery of what that dastardly TC was plotting. The slanted OP tipped me off though and SW deserved justice! :P It was like a serial killer that leaves clues behind in the crime scene because subconsciously the killer wants to get caught.

I have to give you props, you always have perfect hindsight on SW, you're like the SW historian lol