HOME will have integrated friends list.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
http://www.scedev.net/home/Third%20Party%20Relations%20Q%26A.pdf

This gives alot of information.  Someone posted it on the ps3 forum, and I really feel that everyone should read this.

There will be no file swapping, no avatars made to look like kids, advertising kept to a minimum.  Peer to peer auctioning of items.  If you want to just quickly launch into a game or parts of home, you can, or you can actually do the walking around thing.  There will be developer and publishers invite only events held within home that you can win stuff.  15,000 initial beta testers starting in April, then more added in August with Home going full scale open in October.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts
Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dilrod
Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.Shad0ki11
Does the 360 have the ability to have the publisher hold a live event that you can win stuff? Thats just an example. Its like getting to go to a convention. I can see it now.. Next years gaming conventions also broadcast virtually over the ps3 with prizes and stuff being awarded for participation.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
That would be cool if they could hold tournaments in there.

wooopz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wooopz
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.Dilrod
Does the 360 have the ability to have the publisher hold a live event that you can win stuff? Thats just an example. Its like getting to go to a convention. I can see it now.. Next years gaming conventions also broadcast virtually over the ps3 with prizes and stuff being awarded for participation.

well they had pgr tournaments
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Well it should be expected, cause it's just an app running off the PS3 hardware and connecting to a HOME server which should be using PSN.
ChimTheGrim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChimTheGrim21
Member since 2004 • 3572 Posts
I like the ideas of home, but it all comes down to the end result. Ill wait to decide if I like it until I use it.
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts
I like the ideas of home, but it all comes down to the end result. Ill wait to decide if I like it until I use it.ChimTheGrim21

thats the way to do it..and if you dont like then you have your reason .. i dont like people bashin on home when they never use it or have no idea what its all about..
neonvzla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 neonvzla
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts
ZOMG!111 Buddy list!!!11 teh ownage!!11111.
Anything -actually- new?. And honestly, I doubt they'll be able to keep advertizing to a minimun, after all, its the companies the ones who are paying for the service so they will eventually get their way.
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.Dilrod

Wait, you would actually go to a virtual live event? :lol:
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dilrod
ZOMG!111 Buddy list!!!11 teh ownage!!11111.
Anything -actually- new?. And honestly, I doubt they'll be able to keep advertizing to a minimun, after all, its the companies the ones who are paying for the service so they will eventually get their way.
neonvzla
I brought up buddy list, because this is one thing lemmings kept attacking. Read the pdf file, it is sony's release to the developers. They are telling them that advertising will be kept to a minimum. Just read it, and you will see there are lots of "new" things. And PGR may have had tournements, but did they have the developers actually there, streaming interviews, doing interactive things with you? No.. and thats all possible and will be done on HOME.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dilrod
[QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.D00nut

You telling me you have never watched any of the live events of anything broadcast on the internet? Thats a "virtual" live event. Its live, but your not there. Say you want to know something from a developer about an upcoming game, and they where going to show it in their "booth space" in Home. You would be able to go there and watch their conference. See what Im getting at. Your looking too closed minded at it. Its a way for companies to expand their service and become more friendly to consumers.
Animeninja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Animeninja7
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts
Nice find. Very information. I want to go Home now!!
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts
I understand that you guys will have buddy lists but will it work the same way as XBL's? As long as someone doesnt want to be seen we can see if are friends are online no matter what the are doing. Playing a 1 player game, watching a movie, chilling in dashboard. Makes online sports leagues and clan matches and what not way easier.
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 D00nut
[QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.Dilrod

You telling me you have never watched any of the live events of anything broadcast on the internet? Thats a "virtual" live event. Its live, but your not there. Say you want to know something from a developer about an upcoming game, and they where going to show it in their "booth space" in Home. You would be able to go there and watch their conference. See what Im getting at. Your looking too closed minded at it. Its a way for companies to expand their service and become more friendly to consumers.

Still, just having the ability to walk around and maybe raise your hand for questions seems pointless to me. It doesn't seem to hard to set up a live feed for video and then just have something such as a chat room for questioning about a developer's upcoming game. Besides, virtual things like that could only end in problems. With a lot more people being able to go to a virtual event than one in real life, it would just be a one big pile of disaster.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dilrod
I understand that you guys will have buddy lists but will it work the same way as XBL's? As long as someone doesnt want to be seen we can see if are friends are online no matter what the are doing. Playing a 1 player game, watching a movie, chilling in dashboard. Makes online sports leagues and clan matches and what not way easier. S0DA_POPINSKI
Well its going to take our PSN friends list and make it universal. Right now we already can see what games our buddies are playing if they are on when we are on the xmb.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dilrod
[QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.D00nut

Still, just having the ability to walk around and maybe raise your hand for questions seems pointless to me. It doesn't seem to hard to set up a live feed for video and then just have something such as a chat room for questioning about a developer's upcoming game. Besides, virtual things like that could only end in problems. With a lot more people being able to go to a virtual event than one in real life, it would just be a one big pile of disaster.

Lol.. how could it end in problems? You are quick to have negative thoughts, but give no valid points on your thoughts. And if you think its pointless to walk around, then you just have to go to the quick menu to do what you want. You DONT HAVE TO MOVE if you dont want to. Its totally optional.
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts
[QUOTE="S0DA_POPINSKI"]I understand that you guys will have buddy lists but will it work the same way as XBL's? As long as someone doesnt want to be seen we can see if are friends are online no matter what the are doing. Playing a 1 player game, watching a movie, chilling in dashboard. Makes online sports leagues and clan matches and what not way easier. Dilrod
Well its going to take our PSN friends list and make it universal. Right now we already can see what games our buddies are playing if they are on when we are on the xmb.

But if the game has to support online then they are only 1/2 way there. I'm not trying to be a **** there is a big differance. The Xbox had a universal friends list, but you couldnt see when people where online in most signle player games. Or if they were playing XBL games in one player mode. If it is the same with PSN, that is still not close to as good as what the 360 has. But for sure its a lot better then what it currently has.
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 D00nut
[QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.Dilrod

Lol.. how could it end in problems? You are quick to have negative thoughts, but give no valid points on your thoughts. And if you think its pointless to walk around, then you just have to go to the quick menu to do what you want. You DONT HAVE TO MOVE if you dont want to. Its totally optional.

Well let's say that everyone at these "events" aren't interested in these games and are there to just spam to their hearts content. Now if there is a banning system that would help, but if there isn't...then there is the possibility of that. Not only that, but having a lot of those people and being able to ask questions is going to be heavy on these developers at these "events." Then there will be the people who don't even care and just want to these prizes that you brought up earlier somewhere. I say just stick with interviews with press and leave the sweepstakes for other things.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dilrod
[QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.D00nut

Well let's say that everyone at these "events" aren't interested in these games and are there to just spam to their hearts content. Now if there is a banning system that would help, but if there isn't...then there is the possibility of that. Not only that, but having a lot of those people and being able to ask questions is going to be heavy on these developers at these "events." Then there will be the people who don't even care and just want to these prizes that you brought up earlier somewhere. I say just stick with interviews with press and leave the sweepstakes for other things.

Read the pdf and any other information given out. You can block any user at any time, there are "moderators" if someone gets out of line. There are in place language filters where it will not let you swear. Im sure the the developers will have the ability to boot anyone from their rooms seeing as how they can make it invite only if they want to. They may not take questions during these events, but who knows. The prizes can be anything from virtual stuff (like the medals or whatnot here) to items for your avatar or even real items. Believe me, read the pdf, Sony has alot of this stuff answered in it.
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 D00nut
[QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]Still doesn't sound like anything we haven't seen before.Dilrod

Read the pdf and any other information given out. You can block any user at any time, there are "moderators" if someone gets out of line. There are in place language filters where it will not let you swear. Im sure the the developers will have the ability to boot anyone from their rooms seeing as how they can make it invite only if they want to. They may not take questions during these events, but who knows. The prizes can be anything from virtual stuff (like the medals or whatnot here) to items for your avatar or even real items. Believe me, read the pdf, Sony has alot of this stuff answered in it.

If it can do that stuff, then that's good because otherwise Home would be a trainwreck and a half lol. I mean to me it's a not-so-great idea since live events just seem kind of pointless when there are easier options, but to you and others it provides an interesting way of reaching out to the community.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dilrod
I'm more interested in what the game developers and publishers can do for us gamers through it than I am the social networking part. That is pretty cool I guess, but I'm looking at the very big picture.
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
http://www.scedev.net/home/Third%20Party%20Relations%20Q%26A.pdf

This gives alot of information. Someone posted it on the ps3 forum, and I really feel that everyone should read this.

There will be no file swapping, no avatars made to look like kids, advertising kept to a minimum. Peer to peer auctioning of items. If you want to just quickly launch into a game or parts of home, you can, or you can actually do the walking around thing. There will be developer and publishers invite only events held within home that you can win stuff. 15,000 initial beta testers starting in April, then more added in August with Home going full scale open in October.
Dilrod
Home will be great! Makes me happy that i stopped paying for Xbox Live since I'll be getting a better online fix @ home for free!