This topic is locked from further discussion.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Just look at the last one :|

But, don't get me wrong. I'm not here to bash Gamespot's readers.

It just shows how much time has passed since the first two Fallout games.

And well, for all of you who never heard for Fallout, you better buy/get/steal/whatever your copy of the first two Fallout games and try to play it.

No, it wont deliver super shiny 50x antialiased/anisotropic filtered graphics, but it definitely will deliver probably the best RPG experience ever.

I sincerely hope Bethesda wont completely screw things up with the third game.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
RPGs :lol:
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IgGy621985

RPGs :lol:Hir0_N

?

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
I hope they dont make Fallout 3 like they made Oblivion; else they'll ruin another great RPG series. Oblivion was such a dissapointment.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hir0_N

[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]RPGs :lol:IgGy621985

?

thats just me. my last RPG was on the PoSP(which I sold) and i nowhate those type of games. dont get me wrong, ive played good rpgs before but i jsut hate this genre now. and btw i dont know whats fallout.

McSkombi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 McSkombi
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
I hope they dont make Fallout 3 like they made Oblivion; else they'll ruin another great RPG series. Oblivion was such a dissapointment.TaCoDuDe

WUT? Are you on crack? Oblivion is THE BEST RPG ever and it's very addictive! OMG I can't stop playing it!
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts
how are they gonna make a poll with nothing but negative answrs?
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]I hope they dont make Fallout 3 like they made Oblivion; else they'll ruin another great RPG series. Oblivion was such a dissapointment.McSkombi

WUT? Are you on crack? Oblivion is THE BEST RPG ever and it's very addictive! OMG I can't stop playing it!

*sigh*

You've never played Morrowind have you? It's much better than Oblivion. Oblivion was casualified. Compare it to Morrowind, and you'll see what I mean.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IgGy621985
[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]RPGs :lol:Hir0_N

?

thats just me. my last RPG was on the PoSP(which I sold) and i nowhate those type of games. dont get me wrong, ive played good rpgs before but i jsut hate this genre now. and btw i dont know whats fallout.

It's allright. I respect your opinion.

I believe that the RPG genre is the "elite" of the gaming industry. No, it's not my primary genre of choice, but the amount of creativity, the magnitude of development and the gameplay it delivers probably is something that other genres cannot touch.

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts

[QUOTE="McSkombi"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]I hope they dont make Fallout 3 like they made Oblivion; else they'll ruin another great RPG series. Oblivion was such a dissapointment.TaCoDuDe

*sigh*

You've never played Morrowind have you? It's much better than Oblivion. Oblivion was casualified. Compare it to Morrowind, and you'll see what I mean.

I thought Morrowind was Crap.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]RPGs :lol:IgGy621985

?

Dunno, I believe that the RPG genre is the "elite" of the gaming industry. No, it's not my primary genre of choice, but the amount of creativity, the magnitude of development and the gameplay it delivers probably is something that other genres probably cannot touch.

watching a character leveling is sooo fun :roll: u dont even need skills for this type of game. i see no satisfaction in this type of game. i mean all u do is run around then find monsters than click on attacks to kill it and gain experience.

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]I hope they dont make Fallout 3 like they made Oblivion; else they'll ruin another great RPG series. Oblivion was such a dissapointment.McSkombi

I don't think you could call it the best ... but it definetly wasn't bad ...
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

[QUOTE="McSkombi"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]I hope they dont make Fallout 3 like they made Oblivion; else they'll ruin another great RPG series. Oblivion was such a dissapointment.TaCoDuDe

*sigh*

Conversely, Morrowind was casual compared to Daggerfall. Seriously, us old TESII players view Morrowind in the same light as many of you who were introduced to TES through Morrowind views Oblivion. In short, I think Oblivion is just as bad compared to Morrowind as Morrowind was compared to Daggerfall. Daggerfall was a deep RPG, Morrowind has that half-step to Oblivion. But Fallout, I still have both my original CDs and play both games to this day. I'm not holding my breath for Bethesdas re-interpretation, but I'll give it a chance nonetheless.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
what do you expect. Fallout came out on pc in 97. the average age of a GS member is probably 16. they wouldn't have played it.
WheresMyChippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WheresMyChippy
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts

*sigh*

Morrowind was a pain. The movement speed was too slow, getting around was tedious, finding NPCs and locations was tedious. Scrolling through each NPCs long lists of generic keyword based responses to find the one or two things that you actually need to talk to them about was tedious. Combat was tedious. The whole thing was just a pain in the ass IMO but I guess that makes games more "hardcore" to others.

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
[QUOTE="IgGy621985"][QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]RPGs :lol:Hir0_N

?

Dunno, I believe that the RPG genre is the "elite" of the gaming industry. No, it's not my primary genre of choice, but the amount of creativity, the magnitude of development and the gameplay it delivers probably is something that other genres probably cannot touch.

watching a character leveling is sooo fun :roll: u dont even need skills for this type of game. i see no satisfaction in this type of game. i mean all u do is run around then find monsters than click on attacks to kill it and gain experience.

If that's all YOU do on them, then no question why you dislike them.

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
what do you expect. Fallout came out on pc in 97. the average age of a GS member is probably 16. they wouldn't have played it. Ontain
I'm 16 and I've played it :|
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IgGy621985

Hir0_N

Well, for some gamers (for me, for example) exactly that (leveling) is heck of a fun :)

It's like you invested in something, and then watch how it grows. It can grow in several ways; it could do this and/or that, and when you get bored, you may change the way how it grows.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"][QUOTE="Hir0_N"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]RPGs :lol:tegovoltio

?

If that's all YOU do on them, then no question why you dislike them.

I like SSBB because of the competition and the desire to improve, same for music games like DDR and GH. I like shooters because of the adrenaline and competition, I like Nintendo games because theyre fun and good to play with friends and for epic and beautiful games like zelda. I like RE because its scary and for the puzzles.

RPGs? Lol so boring.As forMMORPGs, people play them because they get addicted to it and lose their lives.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]

IgGy621985

Well, for some gamers (for me, for example) exactly that (leveling) is heck of a fun :)

It's like you invested in something, and then watch how it grows. It can grow in several ways; it could do this and/or that, and when you get bored, you may change the way how it grows.

What happens when you maxed out your character? You run around again? Anyways Its OK, I know that like 90% of gamers like RPGs. I used to like the pokemon games on the gameboy. But theyre not my thing anymore and I absolutely hate this genre/

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts
To be fair, it has been an eternity since Fallout 2 came out. And when the average human year = 10 PC gamer years...it's not surprising they don't remember.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IgGy621985
[QUOTE="IgGy621985"][QUOTE="Hir0_N"]

Hir0_N

What happens when you maxed out your character? You run around again? Anyways Its OK, I know that like 90% of gamers like RPGs. I used to like the pokemon games on the gameboy. But theyre not my thing anymore and I absolutely hate this genre/

Well, when you max out your character level, you can start the game again with the different class or something. RPG is probably the only genre which gives you the choice how are you going to finish the game.

Anyways, for you guys who are flaming about Morrowind and Oblivion, I like both games. Oblivion may be somewhat "casual...ed", but it still delivers a huge amount of really quality gameplay.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17882 Posts

right time for some herecy here.

i never really liked fallout. especially 1. i thought the fighting was a bit narly and there was little direction. 1 had a timed element too it which i also hate to see in games (especially rpgs). 2 was an improvement but....it wasnt really my cuppa to be honest. give me baldurs gate 1 and 2 instead please.

off topic though.....interplay were really one of the great publishers back in the day. fallout (not my cuppa but im probably just missing something :P), baldurs gate, planescape torment, freespace.....what a company. they really had some of the finest minds in the industry under their belt. shame they went under (though they did disserve it).

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

[QUOTE="Ontain"]what do you expect. Fallout came out on pc in 97. the average age of a GS member is probably 16. they wouldn't have played it. daqua_99
I'm 16 and I've played it :|

there are always exceptions.

killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 killerkop
Member since 2004 • 2187 Posts
* looks around for his Fallout CD * MAN where is it. I know I still have it somewhere, I still have Fallout 2, man, i need to boot these bad boys up. *sigh*