Hitman: Absolution - Attack of the Saints Trailer (NUNS IN LEATHER)

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
#2 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
The hate will rain down.
#3 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

Jesus Christ:|

#4 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

Zaibach
#5 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

Top comment sums up my thoughts.

#6 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
As a fan of the series I hate to say it but this game is gonna suck hard.
#7 Posted by Ravensmash (13862 posts) -
As a fan of the series I hate to say it but this game is gonna suck hard.JohnnyCageMK
It's looking that way. Which is annoying because it actually looks like a decent game in it's own right. But IO don't help themselves by seemingly stringing along fans of the franchise and saying how these are only small bits of the game, and it's still 'classic hitman'. Well if that's the case, then why the f*ck has all their marketing focused on these 'small bits'? You've got an established franchise, stop trying to enter an oversaturated market. Or at least be honest and come out and say it's radically different from previous titles, because as of now I have no interest in this.... Fun trailer, but it served absolutely no purpose whatsoever.
#8 Posted by brucecambell (1572 posts) -

What kind of abomination was that? Are they turning Hitman into some kind of crazy ninja action hero directed by Michael Bay.

If this video is any indication of the game itself then this is a sad day for Hitman fans. Judging by the comments & the dislikes im not the only one who was disspointed with the trailers:

Hitman Absolution will fail so hard. Nobody wants this sh!tty game

Way to f**k up everything that made hitman interesting. How retarded is the game designer to not understand what people liked about hitman. (It was not the shooting segments and the story, it was being a hitman in a contemporary, semi-realistic scenario)

IO can go f**k themselves, they already failed twice with their K&L games and now they ruin hitman

Just awful. He can now teleport?

How much did you spend on this crappy CGI that has nothing to do with the game? You should have invested that better in making the game good, not corridor shooter for idiots

I do not understand why developers keep destroying their own franchises as a means of appealing to COWADOODY crowd, and then wonder why they failed.

How many failures do they need to see to get the point?

#9 Posted by illmatic87 (15188 posts) -
As if you wern't turned on.
#10 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

Wow, the internet is filled the whiniest, moaniest b!tches! its just a CGI trailer designed to look cool.

you've seen slices of gameplay and its the Hitman we all know and love.

Stop Complaining about everything at the slightest provocation:cool:

#11 Posted by D4W1L4H (1826 posts) -

awful... awful awful awful.

#12 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

Wow, the internet is filled the whiniest, moaniest b!tches! its just a CGI trailer designed to look cool.

Zaibach
The only gameplay I've seen is Batman Arkham City with Agent 47. Why can he see through walls? There's too much stealth and action and not enough disguises and different ways to complete a mission. Thats what the old Hitman games were about.
#13 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3718 posts) -
I LOL'd at the "ORIGINAL ASSASSIN" part... ironic since the trailers show's no stealth or assassinating, It looked like Max Payne. WTF is going on? Are all genre's just going to blend together or something?
#14 Posted by finalstar2007 (25001 posts) -

Huh? whats with all the hate and all the dislikes on youtube? the trailer was pretty cool actually..am i the only one that dsoent get all this hate?

#15 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

JohnnyCageMK

The only gameplay I've seen is Batman Arkham City with Agent 47. Why can he see through walls? There's too much stealth and action and not enough disguises and different ways to complete a mission. Thats what the old Hitman games were about.

He cant see through walls, thats just his assassin training (think Ezio's eagle vision), what is on screen is just to help the player keep up, with regards to the trailer, unless you expect him to dress up as a nun, he got the job done through standard means.

#16 Posted by DraugenCP (8470 posts) -

> have to assassinate someone silently

> use RPG

#17 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3718 posts) -

Huh? whats with all the hate and all the dislikes on youtube? the trailer was pretty cool actually..am i the only one that dsoent get all this hate?

finalstar2007
It's not really hate... its people that just want a franchise game from a franchise to come out and not conform to current generation norm. I guess its always going to happen since companies want to make money and gamers essentially want to live in the past. The cure for this would be that if developer's completely divert of their original path then for the love of God just call it something else since the name will hold no value to the game that you are developing.
#18 Posted by Ravensmash (13862 posts) -
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Grey_Eyed_Elf
It's not really hate... its people that just want a franchise game from a franchise to come out and not conform to current generation norm. I guess its always going to happen since companies want to make money and gamers essentially want to live in the past. The cure for this would be that if developer's completely divert of their original path then for the love of God just call it something else since the name will hold no value to the game that you are developing.

I'd be happy with that. The game actually looks pretty solid, but I want a sequel to Blood Money. I wouldn't mind so much if the developers didn't keep going on about how it's still the same old game we love, when they haven't shown anything to actually disprove any criticism despite acknowledging it. Put up or shut up.
#19 Posted by Newhopes (4520 posts) -

Well that was retarded.

#20 Posted by m_machine024 (14878 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

campzor

LOL

It's just CGI guys, complain when you see the gameplay.

#21 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

hitmanabsolution.png.

#22 Posted by drinkerofjuice (3171 posts) -
Guys...this is a CGI trailer. Nine times out of ten they don't even come close to representing what the actual game will look like. Dead Island is a prime example in this case. Relax. Reserve whatever hate you may have for actual gameplay footage. Besides, despite the silliness of that trailer, 47 really put a hurting on them bit*hes :P
#23 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3718 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]

m_machine024

LOL

Here's the gameplay.

He crouches right past people... :|

#24 Posted by -Unreal- (24538 posts) -

This is a disgrace to the catholic church. Showing women dressed this way and dirtying the image of nuns.

That's why I liked it.

#25 Posted by -Unreal- (24538 posts) -

He can see through walls now too. WTF are they doing? Who makes these decisions?

#26 Posted by Nohtnym (1552 posts) -

Nuns in leather?

Square enix cgi department at work.

Edit: That is not leather! PVC maybe?

#27 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -
I see the trailer is quite sacrilegious.
#28 Posted by Ravensmash (13862 posts) -

He can see through walls now too. WTF are they doing? Who makes these decisions?

-Unreal-
To be fair, in the previous games he had some sort of magical map that can identify individuals and group them according to whether they'd be hostile, a target or a civilian and show their movements in real time. That's just a streamlined version of the map. Also, there are so many things I don't get about this trailer... It's like every stereotype about videogames rolled into one :/
#29 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2080 posts) -

finalstar2007
How appropriate that your sig is about Call of Duty.
#30 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
all this 'streamlining' is making the fans angry but not us 'newcomers' so to speak :P i played blood money but i didnt realy get into it
#31 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

Zaibach

my thoughts exactly im also sure IO said the higher the difficulty the less things like you got on your hud/ or that eagle vision stuff aswell.

So im agreeing here, people on the internet espeically the gamers seem to whinge bout everything, sure its ironic i was complaining bout the Periphery II teaser, then i see Scarlet and a couple of bulb's solo songs made it on board and i was filled with glee.Dont judge everything off 1 snippet its just insanely stupid.

#32 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

What the hell were they thinking? They had a unique game that sold generally way and they've turned it into this? Seriously?

#33 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Pffft original assassin!?

20100228205111!Solid_Snake_The_Twin_Snak > 1700372-agent_47.jpg

lol only picking Hitman fans. To be honest I have never played a Hitman game, and in some ways the new one looks good and in some ways not so much. I can see where it comes off as a bit Splinter Cell Convictiony though. But then again, trailers like this, as some have pointed out, don't necessarily mean too much come gameplay. I think everyone here can testify that SSX is far better than they thought it would be after seeing the release trailer.

#34 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

What the hell were they thinking? They had a unique game that sold generally way and they've turned it into this? Seriously?

The_Gaming_Baby
whats not unique about nun assassins? :P
#35 Posted by -Unreal- (24538 posts) -

Snake isn't an ass ass in. An ass ass in's job is to kill.

#36 Posted by -Unreal- (24538 posts) -

The_Gaming_Baby
Why would they be joking? :|
#37 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

The_Gaming_Baby

Flashy CGI trailer, designed to be as flashy as possible and appeal to a mass market.

Stop looking so much into it.

#38 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

It was a pretty stupid trailer but I can't believe how people are reacting to it. Acting like the franchise is definitely ruined. I thought I was a negative person.

You were always able to do missions multiple ways with both action and stealth in Hitman. There was a little bit of stealth in that trailer when he took down the nuns at the back then he went postal. No need to get stressed yet, you'll live longer.

Still a stupid trailer though :P

#39 Posted by Ravensmash (13862 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Gaming_Baby"]

campzor
whats not unique about nun assassins? :P

Yeah, because over-sexualised imagery is so unique.
#40 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

The_Gaming_Baby
I'm a doctor and it seems you're having anxiety. SO i'm going to write you a prescription for, not one, but two chill pills. Fill it out as you see fit.
#41 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10407 posts) -

Where the hell do I have to go to attend that church!

#42 Posted by m_machine024 (14878 posts) -

[QUOTE="m_machine024"]

[QUOTE="campzor"] imageGrey_Eyed_Elf

LOL

Here's the gameplay.

Didn't know gameplay footage was already out. Well you can complain about that but still it looked nothing like that CGI trailer which was just a bloodfest. That looked great actually. Solid stealth machanics and costume changing is still there. Not much to complain about?:?

#43 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Horrible horrible trailer. Guess the adolescents are pleased, wooo, you reach a wider audience developers, with whatever tackiness you deem necessary. Even that being said the developers actually used sex to interesting effect in Blood Money, even if it deliberate crass; this trailer doesn't bode well in that respect.

finalstar2007
Simple really, did you care about previous Hitman games?
#44 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3718 posts) -

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]

[QUOTE="m_machine024"]LOL

m_machine024

Here's the gameplay.

Didn't know gameplay footage was already out. Well you can complain about that but still it looked nothing like that CGI trailer which was just a bloodfest. That looked great actually. Solid stealth machanics and costume changing is still there. Not much to complain about?:?

He walks right past people... 2 feet away from him in a room that isn't that dark with the light reflecting right of his shiny head. He hits the guy and makes a load noise and no one is alarmed. Its so silly. I guess AI needs to be a little dim in order for you to actually play the game. Still looks silly though.
#45 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -
Remember guys, this game took all the E3 Game of the Show awards from Gamespot so it must be REALLY REALLY good.
#46 Posted by Ravensmash (13862 posts) -

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]

[QUOTE="m_machine024"]LOL

m_machine024

Here's the gameplay.

It looks like it plays like a tutorial mission in any of the other games. Problem isn't necessarily the direction, it's that IO sound like they're trying to appease fans of the franchise whilst doing the opposite in terms of marketing and gameplay footage. They acknowledge that a stealth trailer would be boring, but really how hard would it be to release gameplay from a wide open level if that was the case? Then they can go about marketing it as a MATURE SEXY TPS WHOA and still retain the excitement of the fanbase.
#47 Posted by Ravensmash (13862 posts) -
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Horrible horrible trailer. Guess the adolescents are pleased, wooo, you reach a wider audience developers, with whatever tackiness you deem necessary. Even that being said the developers actually used sex to interesting effect in Blood Money, even if it deliberate crass; this trailer doesn't bode well in that respect.

finalstar2007
Simple really, did you care about previous Hitman games?

At least sex was somewhat relevant to the scene in Blood Money, this is like some horrible imagining of every game stereotype out there :P
#48 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -

m_machine024
It's showcasing more rigid scripting than Half Life 1. Rigid scripting is something the Hitman games were never about; and when it was introduced it was generally terrible; Blood Money was a game that actually understood the formula after years of hits and misses. This is deviating down predetermined rigid gameplay, a huge deviation and change in direction in the series - much greater than Splinter Cell Conviction. Imagine if Garret in Thief was suddenly behaving like Altair, using limp social stealth in restricted sequences to solve a single problem, or forced to shoot targets with arrows at another pre demerited sequence. If you want an effective contrast compare this demo - to Hitman Blood Money's first tutorial mission. They're identical in the types of structuring bar a costume change. Now compare that to the rest of Blood Money;s increasingly complex missions. I want Absolution to be good, and I imagine it could be good for what it is; but deviating from what made the series stand out isn't what I'd call a direction definitive of what made the series stand out to begin with. No, add the hypersexualised latex nuns with guns because lol, we need to appeal more to the raging hormone crowd.
#49 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
At least sex was somewhat relevant to the scene in Blood Money, this is like some horrible imagining of every game stereotype out there :PRavensmash
Precisely. Characters in Blood Money were generally deliberately hypersexualised in an ugly manner - as a way of abstracting whatever player guilt there might be in murdering these malformed people (good interview about the art direction a while back, in edge I think). Then you had the other hypersexualised assassins who would lure the player - low and behold - with the premise of 'ooh boy sex' and kill 47. Which was godamn fantastic. I couldn't agree more really, this really is all that; as deliberate as it may be. If anything its a big proclamation to what audience they're gunning for.
#50 Posted by GamingGod999 (2979 posts) -

You had me at "NUNS IN LEATHER".