History of Ubisoft graphics downgrades (good read, 56k no)

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IgGy621985 (4746 posts) -

So I stumbled upon this interesting article which compares Ubisoft games announced vs Ubisoft games released, graphics-wise.

Far Cry 3:

Ass Creed 1 reveal trailer:

And of course...

So I guess, it's natural to believe that the next Ubisoft title to be butchered is

What do you think System Wars?

#2 Edited by Desmonic (13748 posts) -

Man, really hope the downgrade in The Division (which should already be fully next-gen only) won't be as "big" as the one in Watch Dogs (which is cross-gen).

The concept seems far more interesting than another GTA with a different name :P

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

And You've never heard of a PC ?

Hermits get what was advertised. You wana bame somebody, blame the Miscrosoft and Sony. And seriously.... Fuck Graphics !

#4 Posted by DocSanchez (1590 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: You didn't watch the far cry 3 video did you?

#5 Posted by IgGy621985 (4746 posts) -

The thing that baffles me about The Division is that the game is an MMO. And MMOs usually don't tend to offer spectacular visuals.

#6 Posted by Desmonic (13748 posts) -

The thing that baffles me about The Division is that the game is an MMO. And MMOs usually don't tend to offer spectacular visuals.

Wait, what? MMO?.... I though it was just a co-op game lulz

#7 Posted by IgGy621985 (4746 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@IgGy621985 said:

So it isn't an MMO? Lol, my fault :-D Oh well, my hope is back for this title.

#8 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

Hermits get what was advertised. You wana bame somebody, blame the Miscrosoft and Sony. And seriously.... Fuck Graphics !

Guess you missed the part about Far Cry 3.

#9 Posted by Desmonic (13748 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@IgGy621985 said:

I mean, the reveal didn't give the feel of an MMO, but I don't know honestly XD It just looked like a team co-op based game versus AI and other teams...well I suppose one could classify it as an MMO from this perspective, especially considering that much like Destiny it would use the same persistent world for SP and MP, mixing those modes together.

Still hoping the downgrade won't be huge but I am now much less confident on that lulz

#10 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2462 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@IgGy621985 said:

@Desmonic said:

@IgGy621985 said:

I mean, the reveal didn't give the feel of an MMO, but I don't know honestly XD It just looked like a team co-op based game versus AI and other teams...well I suppose one could classify it as an MMO from this perspective, especially considering that much like Destiny it would use the same persistent world for SP and MP, mixing those modes together.

Still hoping the downgrade won't be huge but I am now much less confident on that lulz

Well, it is an MMO as far as I understand it. I seriously still don't get the hype behind it. What's so unique about the Division?

#11 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6767 posts) -

I will be very sad if they butcher The Division graphically. It has the makings to be such a masterpiece and immersion is part of that experience. Very few games jump out and grab you at this level. Please don't F it up UBI.

#12 Posted by Desmonic (13748 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider:

It's not so much the originality of it that attracted me, but the fact that is a known and tried concept (small co-op team) versus other teams (in theory much more than 3 or 4 in your usual TPS or FPS multiplayer game) and AI in a huge expansive city. None of the concepts by themselves are really that original or innovative, but (IMO) it seems like they could make a very fun game when put together (asusming the execution is good of course).

Though it's one of those things that we'll only really know when we actually play it, so... yeah.. :P

#13 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16271 posts) -

Double Agent pre-release screen shots.

Retail product

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (8301 posts) -

Worse than Sega.

#15 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16449 posts) -

Next time Ubisoft shows off a game and it has spectacular graphics I'll just laugh.

99.99% of people with get hyped immediately because of teh graphicz but I've learned my lesson :)

#16 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3771 posts) -

I highly doubt The Division will look as good as those "gameplay" demo's. Still want the game mind you.

#17 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

@ DocSanchez

Nope. Does it matter ?

Unlike some people I don't go all docile over seeing something shiny.

@ Cranler

indeed I have. Hahaha ! :p

#18 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2943 posts) -

What about Future Soldier .? looked awesome in 2010 demo . Looked crap in 2011 .

#19 Posted by jsmoke03 (12841 posts) -

man i wasnt paying attention. now i know how major the downgrades are...yikes. i mean i know all reveals are downgraded but im not liking this

#20 Posted by GarGx1 (2605 posts) -

Strange that Farcry 3 on my PC look a ton better than that video showed. Could be that it was a 720p Youtube video though

#21 Posted by BiggChonies882 (50 posts) -

Who cares? They can't make good games in the first place. Just a bunch of mediocre games. They don't get story at all. Also gameplay gets repetitive as fuck. Just can't get into Ubisoft. Im sorry.

#22 Posted by leandrro (841 posts) -

why they downgrade PC version??

just leave it as ultra/ultimate/super good preset and make the game the new benchmark game

ubisoft is so stupid

#23 Posted by XboxStache (912 posts) -

Retail product

That may have been the retail version for the PS2; but the 360 version looked amazing.

#24 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

Lol not even the PC version matches the advertised videos... this is just plain bullsh*t. This shit should be ilegal, this is just false advertisement

#25 Edited by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

If they botch The Division, i'mma be pissed. One of the titles that I am massively looking forward to.

#26 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

@ Vatusus

The PC Version looked even better. As for the false advertisement... Well thats just about everygame these days isn't it ?

And this is just graphics, Bioshock Infinite and The Last Of Us actually falsely advertise actual gameplay. Soooooo.... What have we learned about games that aren't out yet ?

#27 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

Be prepared to reach the next generation for gaming.

NOT.

#28 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16271 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere said:

Retail product

That may have been the retail version for the PS2; but the 360 version looked amazing.

The PS2 version of Double Agent didn't even have that level. It was a completely different game altogether from the 360 one.

#29 Edited by lostrib (35817 posts) -

No, they don't.

#30 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

Yes they do

#31 Posted by Snugenz (11853 posts) -

No we don't, Ubisoft fuck everyone over equally.

#32 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

Or maybe you just blinded by hate.

#33 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4650 posts) -

mrw i read a great man saying "fuck graphics"

#34 Posted by foxhound_fox (88053 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Man, really hope the downgrade in The Division (which should already be fully next-gen only) won't be as "big" as the one in Watch Dogs (which is cross-gen).

The concept seems far more interesting than another GTA with a different name :P

Indeed. The MP aspect has me the most interested.

#35 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Hermits get what was advertised.

Um.. No, we don't. Not with Ubisoft. PC version of Far Cry 3, at maximum settings, with everything on and maxed out still looks far worse than the original E3 reveal. Which is especially terrible, considering that any good high end PC could have run what was shown at the reveal.

#36 Edited by bfmv2007 (280 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere: I played Double Agent on the 360, and that level looks NOTHING like that. If that level wasn't in the PS2 version, then its clearly the PC version running at the lowest resolution, with the lowest settings.

#37 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Yes they do

You should actually watch the original E3 reveal videos for Far Cry 3. Then show me actual release gameplay that looks as good. (Hint: It doesn't exist, even on the most powerful PCs in the world).

#38 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

@ the_bi99man

Everybody's lining up to prove how shallow they are......

Must be residual hate left over from Ubisofts Online DRM.

and define Far Worse ? What over exaggeration will I here now, another PS2 Reference maybe ?

To be honest I though they were slightly better. You should also use the word "slightly" once in a while. Just to be fair.

#39 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

Yeah I saw that video. Was too concerned with the gameplay. I liked the cover system, pretty slick for a game in First Person.

#40 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2568 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I got a free copy of Far Cry 3 on PC with my 7970 card... I saw no problems with it graphically.

#41 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

@ IMAHAPYHIPPO

Good For You ! ;)

But I think ol'Cranler there was talking about the graphics in terms of what was shown at E3.

#42 Edited by Heil68 (43951 posts) -

I thought FarCry 3 looked fine on 360 last gen and AC IV looks great on PS4. I'll give Ubi a chance with this game because I really love open world games.

#43 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I got a free copy of Far Cry 3 on PC with my 7970 card... I saw no problems with it graphically.

What does that have to do with how the final graphics compared to the hype demos?

#44 Edited by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -
#45 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16271 posts) -

@bfmv2007 said:

@JangoWuzHere: I played Double Agent on the 360, and that level looks NOTHING like that. If that level wasn't in the PS2 version, then its clearly the PC version running at the lowest resolution, with the lowest settings.

You might be remembering the game wrong. The game really doesn't look that good today, and the times it does look good, the framerate is in the single digits.

#46 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2568 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Cranler said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

What does that have to do with how the final graphics compared to the hype demos?

Maybe I haven't played it in awhile, but I don't remember my game looking as bad as what's being shown in the final build. Maybe I just need to go back and play it again to remember how far graphics have come.

#47 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

@ WallofTruth

Yes Mr. WallofTruth

the Voice trying to get everybody to chill the fuck out is a troll. Excellent Deduction. Its a miracle the world made it this far before your existance.

#48 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Hermits get what was advertised.

Not always, there have been instances.

#49 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11575 posts) -

Circumstances ?

its practically a common occurance for the final product to not look like the E3 demos.

Doesn't Explain why Watch Dogs is being singled out or exagrated. Or why this even matters in the 1st place.

#50 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5863 posts) -

They need to show what the games actually looks like. If the PC version wont ever look as good as the previews they are showing, they why bother showing it at all.