high expectation for new AC game?

#1 Edited by TheFadeForever (1852 posts) -

I don't I ever had any high expectation for the games knowing they how the previous ones after 2 felt like rehashes in the way its design like the mission where do the same old thing like following people around and listening to them. Assassinations haven't really been much different nothing really creative just the same old options on how to approach. AC4 added the whole ship free roam which was probably the best thing about the game but if you look pass that you get the same old predictable enemies and linear story. Seems to me the overall design isn't much different.

#2 Posted by mbrockway (3493 posts) -

AC3. I didn't much care for it. I loved Haytham, he should have been the protagonist. Connor was an even more boring version of Altair. AC4. I liked it, but not so much as an AC game. It being crammed into the AC mythology box ruined it in my opinion. Had it just been a straight pirate game with ninja pirates free to tell a coherent story it could have been amazing. As is, I dunno. It was great, got scraped down to good, then just kind of got stupid. Just like AC3 I don't feel like I ever got a story payoff. It just ended. Not as badly as 3 since we got chibi Haytham, but just empty I guess.

#3 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Little to none. I enjoyed AC4, but I didn't get the excitement I had when AC2 came out. Futuristic setting playing as a robotic assassin, change it up a bit or something.

#4 Posted by cooolio (517 posts) -

No. They keep on having a protagonist that is dressed so out of the ordinary, and yet fits in enough for people to recognize him. They are just doing enough to allow them to prolong the franchise's life cycle. Eavesdropping missions that do not even have a crowd or carriage to take advantage of, Assassination missions that now basically just boil down to assassinating a target that stays in one spot and the same old one button combat are just a few of the many examples of lazy design choices.

#5 Posted by kipsta77 (1016 posts) -

AC4 was a great game, but a horrible AC.

Scrap naval battles, rework the mechanics of the game, basically build upon AC2/Brotherhood/Rev

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far with Unity, interested in the new parkour system.

#6 Posted by BattleSpectre (6404 posts) -

No high expectations, not even buying it. Was disappointed with AC4 and did not enjoy it like I thought I would have. A lot of my mates from work felt the same way about the game too.

#7 Posted by lamprey263 (24467 posts) -

Given the trend over the years I shouldn't have high expectations when playing an AC game. They're fun games and worth playing for sure, but they always manage to fall short in some way.

#8 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9334 posts) -

This series is a vermin.

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (41451 posts) -

Not really, no. AC4 was great, but this franchise is still a highly inconsistent one.

#10 Posted by MBirdy88 (8443 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

AC4 was a great game, but a horrible AC.

Scrap naval battles, rework the mechanics of the game, basically build upon AC2/Brotherhood/Rev

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far with Unity, interested in the new parkour system.

so essentially make it Assassins Creed 2 .... which is what the TC is complaining about? at least Naval battles added a 3rd dimention to the game. they already announced that naval battles will not be in AC5.

What can they do to the franchise really without majorly changing the entire gameplay, which will despite bein stale, annoy lots of fans. people want it to be like Thief... it aint gonna happen.

AC5 will just be a next generation assassins creed, so expect nicer graphics... and thats about it.

#12 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4345 posts) -

No. I played AC4 for 1-3 hours and stopped playing it . Will go back to it someday but not going to play newer Assassin's Creed games for few years . Taking a break from copy paste casual gameplay , until they change things up a bit .

#13 Posted by ddlcpc (859 posts) -

Milk train......

#14 Posted by donalbane (16368 posts) -

Not so much, no. I think that in an effort to keep annual releases and re-use assets they already have, they played it safe with the French revolution setting. I am sick of tri-corner hats. I like the boats, but would much rather see something fresh and risky like WWI or feudal Japan. While the open world feel of 4 was great, I felt the story really lacked the assassin vibe of the rest of the games in the series. The game play was great, but not the story.

So yeah... I'm ready for a radical shift in both time and place. Take some chances!

#15 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

too many assassin's creed games. and when ubisoft said they'd be stupid not to make ac games yearly well that's just like admitting to major milkage. they can fuck off.

#16 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3657 posts) -

I'm expecting something at least better than the first.

#17 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16995 posts) -

It'll be the same old gameplay with prettier graphics.

AC: Comet will just be the same old

@lbjkurono23 said:

Little to none. I enjoyed AC4, but I didn't get the excitement I had when AC2 came out. Futuristic setting playing as a robotic assassin, change it up a bit or something.

I wouldn't like that.

The only thing that draws me into AC games are its historical settings. Honestly, the future parts are the worst part of the game. If they woud make one only set in the future, I would have zero interest.

#18 Posted by blangenakker (2444 posts) -

I see it as a chance for them to "try" something different, you would think by now they would to try but the cynic in me says it'll just be the usual.

#19 Posted by Vatusus (4811 posts) -

meh, my expectations are very low when it comes to gameplay being overly changed. I buy AC games for the settings. If it interests me I'll buy it and French Revolution is definitely interesting

#20 Edited by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@ddlcpc said:

Milk train......

for fanboys.

#21 Posted by clyde46 (46803 posts) -

I enjoyed the first one but never liked the ones that followed.

#22 Edited by uninspiredcup (9696 posts) -

#23 Posted by GabranthXIII (993 posts) -

I'll buy it. Still better than Call of duty.

#24 Posted by cainetao11 (18002 posts) -

No complaints here. It is a new game, for $60

#25 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8550 posts) -

No. They need to stop releasing them.

#26 Posted by flashn00b (2936 posts) -

Honestly, i'm under the impression that Assassin's Creed is Ubisoft's answer to Activision's Call of Duty franchise.

#27 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3657 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p:

Yes, they need to stop releasing games you don't like.