Hey UBISOFT don't listen to any HATERS!!! Trust me I speak the TRUTH!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EliteShadowDog
Member since 2010 • 50 Posts

Once you play Conviction for a bit and get the hang of it. You will clearly see that you do not need nor never want to drag bodies or anything. I know this has been the biggest and lamest complaint. Oh besides Spies VS Mercs. But I know that all good things come in do time. DLC anyone yes it is going to happen.

Anyway back to body dragging. That clearly slows the game down bigtime and you will see these plain as day after playing Conviction for a bit. HEY PEOPLE by the way just stealth grab an enemy and drag them into the shadows and snap there neck there you go.

I want to point out some things that are being over looked or miss understood. The whole fact that you have weapon lockers and stuff is freaking awsome. And it functions with all portions of the game every mode you can use swith upgrade whatever.

I want to touch on a few things that are not being mentioned. First all the Enemy AI it is great honestly. If you play on realistic it is perfect. It has a nice challange but yet is not frustrating. Ubi nailed this they made it a nice challeneg but not to you get upset and get bored or frustrated. You still have that i'm the preditor and I own you feeling yet they can bite you in the ass from time to time to keep it fun. It honestly is just about perfect. Now if you are playing on rookie or normal then really why are you even gaming:?

As for Stroy it's good I mean come on it SMOKES MW2 story right:lol: How in the **** did that game get a 9.0 story what story:?

And lets talk about modes of play. First off Deniable Ops alone is worth the price of admission. This mode is crazy good. And each level last a good bit of time to complete. Not to mention when you die you get all new AI position and they do different things. I also noticed that they will sometimes even ramp up there efforts to get you. And yes the AI can be very crafty sometimes. i even had a guy come and flank me from downstairs and flank around and kill me from behind. They will also even start yelling you punk when you turn out the lights even if you are upstairs they will walk up the steps and into the room to turn the light back on so you better hide fast. These little things are great.

One thing I can not wait to unlock is the infiltration mode. This is going to be the diehard Splinter Cell fans dreams. It is all stealth you get detected even once game over. You will have to be all Ninja and silent takedowns. This should be real freaking sweet. I think to open it you have to get like 300 or 3000 I hope it's only 300 Uplay points to unlock this mode.

As for graphics or sound. I don't know what TV's you guys are on but it looks great on my HD TV. Is it graphics king. NO but is it a great looking game with nice colors and surperb lighting **** YEAH it is. And it has very fluid animations. Sound is fine good music and can be intense.

Another thing I want to point out is how addicting this game can be. It has so much replay value. And also especialy in Deniable Ops. You will find your self gritting your teeth and on the edge of your seet most of the time. Not many games do this to you.

Only real flaw with this game is yes I know the Iraq level. It's not that it is bad gameplay. It's just kind of not what you would expect. But whatver it in no way makes the game bad or anything. It is just a brief level that we would not of missed if it was never there.

I'm not going to even get into nor mention the GS 8.0 I will say that it is wrong and far to low. a 9.0 was deserved for deniable ops and Coop and online modes alone. But whatvever.

Anyway Ubi no woories you cut the fat and took things out that slowed the game down and really was not needed. I know most have had a hard time coming to grips with this. But once you get over that you will have a change of mind and realize this game is great and going in the right direction.

Km0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Km0n
Member since 2008 • 337 Posts

send them a letter

KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts
yeah dude... tbh i hate SCC so short, so unfinished for being FIVE years in development so myah
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Conviction has got an excellent critical reception, and I bet it will sell quite well, so I don't think Ubisoft will change too much in the next SC game.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts
yeah dude... tbh i hate SCC so short, so unfinished for being FIVE years in development so myahKevinButlerVP
1 year - 1hour :lol:
EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EliteShadowDog

yeah dude... tbh i hate SCC so short, so unfinished for being FIVE years in development so myahKevinButlerVP

I for one think you and others are vary wrong about this. I think it is perfect lengh for single player. If you go stealth and covert the game can take close to 8hrs to finish. And besides it is to the point and not to burn you out. This is why you have deniable ops that keeps you coming back for new gamplay againts the AI You get a 6-8hr single player game depending on how you play it. And you get a 6 hour coop game also. And then you get denialbe ops that has endless replay value on several missions. I can not see how anyone says this game does not have gameplay value:?

And what are these unfinished bug or glitches you speak of? i have had none. I've been playing a totally smooth game. Do you even have the game:?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
Hey, TC. I enjoyed reading your post :) Despite some minor disappointments, I still think that Conviction is a game really worth playing, and its co-op and multiplayer modes are really tempting.
destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

Lol yeah if you really wanted them to see this your ranting in the wrong place my friend. But I agree with you.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I have never played through any SC games, only tested a demo of one of the first games and didn't like it that much. But this one is actually very tempting to get, i like all changes they made in this one.

Diametraphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Diametraphine
Member since 2010 • 1148 Posts

Hey!

It's me! Ubisoft!

You Da man!

Ubisoft -

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

I'm certain it's a good game and will likely settle in around the mid eighties on Metacritic which is quite nice - I'm skipping it for now as I still need to finish DAO and then looking forward to RDR & A.W. next month.

I'll pick this up sometime later in the year me thinks. :)

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
I haven't finished the game (so i cant comment about the length), but the game is very solid (about 2 hours in). I'm impressed.
EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EliteShadowDog

I have never played through any SC games, only tested a demo of one of the first games and didn't like it that much. But this one is actually very tempting to get, i like all changes they made in this one.

aroxx_ab

In this case you will love Conviction. It plays much smoother and way more fluid player movmenets. Yet still retains surperb stealth action. You can really feel like a ninja in deniable ops. Epecialy if you have the custom Shadow Armor suit that come with the Collectors Edition. By the way go to Best Buys and get the CE for $59.99 it's the best deal on this game anywere right now.

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EliteShadowDog

I haven't finished the game (so i cant comment about the length), but the game is very solid (about 2 hours in). I'm impressed.lhughey

Dude did you do the airfield level yet? Go all stealth it is OMG intense feeling. Play on realistic also.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
TC, is the co-op a separate campaign?
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
I think people would have had less of a problem with it if it was called Bourne Conviction and continued making SCC the "true" stealth franchise (though I think MGS4 is a better overall game than any SC, I think the stealth elements in the original SC games are the best out there)..
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

Completely agree.What would be perfect for next SC game would be longer campaign and bit more stealth,but i agree.SCC is amazingly fun game,i cant get enough.

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EliteShadowDog

TC, is the co-op a separate campaign? Salt_The_Fries

Yup sure is. And it is about 6-8hrs depening how fast or slow you go. So this with the single player is about 12hrs ave. Not to mention you get about another 6hrs worth of mission for the deniable ops maps. The game has a ton of gameplay value and a ton of REPLAY VALUE. So fun trying new things and especialy in deniable ops the AI switches things up each time you die. Like a AI director like L4D.

Way more gameplay and replay value then say an 8hr GOW3 game.

Trust me the game is freaking sweet.

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EliteShadowDog

Completely agree.What would be perfect for next SC game would be longer campaign and bit more stealth,but i agree.SCC is amazingly fun game,i cant get enough.

Bus-A-Bus

I love just playing Denialbe Ops with the Shadow Armor suit. I feel like such a bad ass ninja. And it's funny when the AI says what do you think you are some kind of ninja:lol:

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EliteShadowDog

I think people would have had less of a problem with it if it was called Bourne Conviction and continued making SCC the "true" stealth franchise (though I think MGS4 is a better overall game than any SC, I think the stealth elements in the original SC games are the best out there)..Hahadouken

MGS>>>SC for whacky story and extra long cutscenes.

SC>>>MGS for actuel gameplay yes you play far more then watch. And it is way more brutel and stealthy bad ass.

I will say this though mainly why MGS games score a bit higher is becuase it's more like a movie game and props to Hideo Kijima he should be a movie director. As for realtime gameplay SC games offer much more of it. And for online modes it's not even close SC>>>MGS in online fun and it's extra modes.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
I really enjoyed reading your post. I also agree with you. I will miss the old gameplay style, but I always welcome good change.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]yeah dude... tbh i hate SCC so short, so unfinished for being FIVE years in development so myahsayonara89

lmao that's pretty bad when u think about it
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
lmao that's pretty bad when u think about itda_illest101
It's not that bad when you consider that the current game concept was in development since early 2008.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

I don't understand how it can be so short after such a long development time.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]I think people would have had less of a problem with it if it was called Bourne Conviction and continued making SCC the "true" stealth franchise (though I think MGS4 is a better overall game than any SC, I think the stealth elements in the original SC games are the best out there)..EliteShadowDog

SC>>>MGS for actuel gameplay yes you play far more then watch. And it is way more brutel and stealthy bad ass.

I will say this though mainly why MGS games score a bit higher is becuase it's more like a movie game and props to Hideo Kijima he should be a movie director. As for realtime gameplay SC games offer much more of it. And for online modes it's not even close SC>>>MGS in online fun and it's extra modes.

Cut out all the cutscenes and MGS4 is still a much longer campaign than SCC. Then you have MGO. /shrug The choice is clear to me.
EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EliteShadowDog

I don't understand how it can be so short after such a long development time.

UnknownSniper65

It's NOT it is only short if you just shoot everything in site and go fast. And for people that do this would mean they are clearly bad at stealth games and do not know how to pace yourself and be rewarded for tactical stealth. Besides you want to play tactical and stealth this is how you get rewarded for big bonus point to pimp out your weapons and suit upgrades.And again it's NOT when you combine the Coop story and the single story and also the denialbe ops missions you have close to 20hrs of gameplay broken up into 3 seperate modes and story. Not to mention you can just set up player matches and such with rules what weapons and whatever.

Another thing about Denaible Ops is if you get detected they send reinforcements so you could really find yourself in a long mission if you keep getting busted on the maps.

Oh yeah and you can also unlock the Infiltration mode for the hardcore stealth you have to gain enough points to unlock this mode it does not come unlocked. When you unlock this it will shut most haters up becuase this mode you are forced to all stealth no detection at all or gameover.

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EliteShadowDog

[QUOTE="EliteShadowDog"]

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]I think people would have had less of a problem with it if it was called Bourne Conviction and continued making SCC the "true" stealth franchise (though I think MGS4 is a better overall game than any SC, I think the stealth elements in the original SC games are the best out there)..Hahadouken

Cut out all the cutscenes and MGS4 is still a much longer campaign than SCC. Then you have MGO. /shrug The choice is clear to me.

Hmm that really debatable. I mean really those cutscenes are like 20-30min long some of them. I think it has been shown that MGS4 has only about 5-7hrs of gameplay without the cutscenes.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="EliteShadowDog"]

EliteShadowDog

Hmm that really debatable. I mean really those cutscenes are like 20-30min long some of them. I think it has been shown that MGS4 has only about 5-7hrs of gameplay without the cutscenes.

No. There is an unlock you can get by beating the game in less than 6 hrs, and it's really hard to get. You have to do a speed run.
EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EliteShadowDog

I really enjoyed reading your post. I also agree with you. I will miss the old gameplay style, but I always welcome good change.millerlight89

Yeah the game is truly sweet. I think most of the hate has been from some PS3 fan trolls mostly becuase they don't get the game so they have been saying blah it sux whatever. Don't listen to it the game is very good and has some of the most replay value ever in a game.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]yeah dude... tbh i hate SCC so short, so unfinished for being FIVE years in development so myahda_illest101

you miss the part when they started again in 2008?
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

send them a letter

Km0n

^ This.

I'm not particularly fond of people who whine, complain, and pretend they know what they are talking about.

KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KevinButlerVP

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]yeah dude... tbh i hate SCC so short, so unfinished for being FIVE years in development so myahEliteShadowDog

I for one think you and others are vary wrong about this. I think it is perfect lengh for single player. If you go stealth and covert the game can take close to 8hrs to finish. And besides it is to the point and not to burn you out. This is why you have deniable ops that keeps you coming back for new gamplay againts the AI You get a 6-8hr single player game depending on how you play it. And you get a 6 hour coop game also. And then you get denialbe ops that has endless replay value on several missions. I can not see how anyone says this game does not have gameplay value:?

And what are these unfinished bug or glitches you speak of? i have had none. I've been playing a totally smooth game. Do you even have the game:?

unfinished in the way that the game is sooo dull for a game in development for such a long period of time. wheather you like it or not, people like lengthy games. SCC just doesn't deliver. this also isn't a true stealth game without at least a light meter, and better yet a sound meter to go with it.
KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KevinButlerVP
[QUOTE="da_illest101"][QUOTE="sayonara89"] 1 year - 1hour :lol:Arjdagr8

you miss the part when they started again in 2008?

ahahahah that's a good one, one year one hour indeed. some 1 should use that quote in their sig lmao
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

it really depends, i would like to play SCC at some point myself, but i think for the most part SCC is great as a game in and of itself

the "depends" part is the fact that Splinter Cell basically became popular because it took the concept started with series like MGS and really tried to make stealth a more realistic and integral part of the gameplay, where players had to plan out strategies and where getting caught meant ending the mission and not just setting off some arbitrary alarm system where you could shoot your way out

so the series itself was always the technical-side of stealth, so for SCC to go slightly arcadey (at least on sub-realistic difficulty levels) it was a natural disappointment

still, i'd like to play it anyways

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Arjdagr8
[QUOTE="EliteShadowDog"]

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]yeah dude... tbh i hate SCC so short, so unfinished for being FIVE years in development so myahKevinButlerVP

unfinished in the way that the game is sooo dull for a game in development for such a long period of time. wheather you like it or not, people like lengthy games. SCC just doesn't deliver. this also isn't a true stealth game without at least a light meter, and better yet a sound meter to go with it.

You need a light meter to be a true stealth game?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

What's going on with all the "length of development.... Blah Blah" in here. To be truthful, the game was scrapped and sent back to the drawing boards in 2008 I believe, where they moved from the "hobo" Sam Fisher to the current one. I don't know why they did this, nor do I think it was a particularly good move, but the current game wasn't in development for the full 5 years.

Link

Original Gameplay

KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KevinButlerVP

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"][QUOTE="EliteShadowDog"]

Arjdagr8

well yeah, unless you just want the color to go black and white in a pure seen/unseen kind of gameplay. but come on, what game would actually do that? pfft, taking the color out to tell ur in the darkness rotfl

Game-fu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Game-fu
Member since 2009 • 893 Posts

This game is underrated as a total package. The single-player is great on Realistic and co-op is a BLAST(on Realistic also) so far. I haven't gotten to deniable ops yet, but what i've experienced already is worth it. I expect some truly interesting DLC to come out for this one too. I'm not banking on it, but it'd be a nice bonus.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Arjdagr8

[QUOTE="Arjdagr8"][QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"] unfinished in the way that the game is sooo dull for a game in development for such a long period of time. wheather you like it or not, people like lengthy games. SCC just doesn't deliver. this also isn't a true stealth game without at least a light meter, and better yet a sound meter to go with it.KevinButlerVP

well yeah, unless you just want the color to go black and white in a pure seen/unseen kind of gameplay. but come on, what game would actually do that? pfft, taking the color out to tell ur in the darkness rotfl

actual stealth doesn't make use of any mechanics like that. True stealth wouldn't have a meter that tells you when an enemy is about to notice you. It's a game, have fun with it.