Heveanly Sword Audio Debunked

This topic is locked from further discussion.

itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 itsallgood29
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

I know that yall cows want to go on and on about the 10GB of audio in HS, but before you run your mouths anymore there are things you should know.

1. 10gb is without any compression. With compression it would be around 1GB or less.

2. Halo 3 has 8X the audio (35,000+) then HS and also has a game on the disc...andruns is SS.

3. HS audio is not compressed because the game would take an hour to load...load times are already bad in this game...luckily the hid them in the cutscenes.

4. The common compression used would only take about 1.8% of the audio quaility away from HS.

So what does this mean. It means either Ninja theory didnt compress the audio because of load times or it was asked not to by Sony to try and make it look like Blu-Ray was worth it. You can shout till your blue in the face but you know that I am right.

threegodhalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 threegodhalo
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts

Halo 3 isn't a 4 hour game, its a 10-15 hour game on EASY that has the world's best multiplayer games, ranking, matchmaking, custom game-modes, and the best online community.

Halo 3 also only takes up less than 6 gigs.

HS has none of this and looks worse than Halo 3.

Buh teh blu-ray...

itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 itsallgood29

Halo 3 isn't a 4 hour game, its a 10-15 hour game on EASY that has the world's best multiplayer games, ranking, matchmaking, custom game-modes, and the best online community.

Buh teh blu-ray...

threegodhalo

Very true!

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
halo 3 look better rhan heavily sword nope looks at colors, shading, animations,ingame cut scenes = better looking than halo3 not saying halo 3 isn't a better gamemost like ly will but now way does it look better.
legendbyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 legendbyname
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

haha that didn't even make sense.

The reason there is over 10Gb of uncompressed audio is because it plays in like 15 different languages. Which makes it a lot easier for region distributing. Thats all.

and saying halo 3 looks better than heavenly sword is totally subjective. I personally think Heavenly Sword looks 2x better than Halo 3.

itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 itsallgood29

haha that didn't even make sense.

The reason there is over 10Gb of uncompressed audio is because it plays in like 15 different languages. Which makes it a lot easier for region distributing. Thats all.

and saying halo 3 looks better than heavenly sword is totally subjective. I personally think Heavenly Sword looks 2x better than Halo 3.

legendbyname

"Heavenly Sword looks 2x better than Halo 3."

Makes sense since Halo 3 is 10X a better game.

P.s. EVen with all the different languages it still compress down to under a GIG!

OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
wait is there a link for the audio being 10gb and also a link for what u just have stated
legendbyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 legendbyname
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

didnt you know uncompressed audio sounds better than compressed audio? How is this debunking? Load times long? When has anyone complained about load times of this game?

I recommend you just change the name of the thread. Its all good

itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 itsallgood29

didnt you know uncompressed audio sounds better than compressed audio? How is this debunking? Load times long? When has anyone complained about load times of this game?

I recommend you just change the name of the thread. Its all good

legendbyname

The standard compression used in the industry only degrades sound by 1.8 percent. So small that only a trained ear could spot the difference. So no real difference is there. Also if you actually read rather then reply with your ingnorance you will note that I said they did a good job of hiding the load times with the ingame cutscenes. Geez man, next time read before showing your stupidity!

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
So much arguing, simple fact is that the ps3 cant take full advantage of blu-ray due to its slow read speeds. The next-gen consoles will be able to take advantage of blu-ray though.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Heavenly was a disappointment...yes...Still haven't picked it up but I plan to give it a shot. Halo 3 though, it has the makings of AAAA. Its like Bungie made a checklist of everything wrong with the first 2 games and has been checking them off 1 by 1 in order to send the Cheif off in a memorable fashion.
BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlueBarad
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts

Mass Effect full dialogue. 40+ hours. Cmon guys....

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

Heavenly was a disappointment...yes...Still haven't picked it up but I plan to give it a shot. Halo 3 though, it has the makings of AAAA. Its like Bungie made a checklist of everything wrong with the first 2 games and has been checking them off 1 by 1 in order to send the Cheif off in a memorable fashion.TheSystemLord1

I agree about Bungie and Halo. This game should be sweet!!

marcandrer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marcandrer
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

Buh teh blu-ray...

threegodhalo

lol 10-15h for a halo game ?.. what do you do.. shoot every pixel of the low-def texture it has ?

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

Mass Effect full dialogue. 40+ hours. Cmon guys....

BlueBarad

Not to mention different dialogue depending on what combination of gender, character history, and character class you choose.

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
[QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

Buh teh blu-ray...

marcandrer

lol 10-15h for a halo game ?.. what do you do.. shoot every pixel of the low-def texture it has ?

maybe you should actually play a Halo game without cheating. Playing Halo on Normal or harder isn't a complete cakewalk as it is in some other games. Halo's enemy AI is brilliant (find me a console FPS shooter from last gen with better AI) and won't let you walk all over them. Halo2 on Normal or harder WITHOUT cutting corners falls in the range of 10-15 hours and anyone who has played the game the right way would agree.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
[QUOTE="marcandrer"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

Buh teh blu-ray...

Nedemis

maybe you should actually play a Halo game without cheating. Playing Halo on Normal or harder isn't a complete cakewalk as it is in some other games. Halo's enemy AI is brilliant (find me a console FPS shooter from last gen with better AI) and won't let you walk all over them. Halo2 on Normal or harder WITHOUT cutting corners falls in the range of 10-15 hours and anyone who has played the game the right way would agree.

Halo 2 was pretty short. It couldn't have been more than 10 hours on normal.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

Heavenly was a disappointment...yes...Still haven't picked it up but I plan to give it a shot. Halo 3 though, it has the makings of AAAA. Its like Bungie made a checklist of everything wrong with the first 2 games and has been checking them off 1 by 1 in order to send the Cheif off in a memorable fashion.TheSystemLord1

how can you say its a disappointment if you haven't picked it up.... wow..