Hermits want Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut for free

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I bought the whole shebang almost a year ago. Haven't even played it.

Sad they couldn't upgrade the copies... Instead of being greedy.

It's like how movie studio's do that with movies.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

We usually get these kind of updates for free from out Superior developers.

Peasants, when will you learn?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

I bought the whole shebang almost a year ago. Haven't even played it.

Sad they couldn't upgrade the copies... Instead of being greedy.

It's like how movie studio's do that with movies.

The game is worth a play. The boss battles suck dong, but other than that, it's excellent.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

It's true, most of us PC gamers do expect more for our buck. You can call us lazy, or you can say we're more vocal about defending our consumer rights than most console users are (keyword: most). I don't see why anyone would defend the multi-millionaire company trying to squeeze a few more thousand dollars by putting a fee on what is essentially a handful of fixes, and a much necessary change to the boss dynamics, along with some DLC. Then again, the most common opinion I've seen isn't one of anger that they're not releasing the patch for free, but rather that people will simply not purchase this content. Vote with your wallet, hrm? A shame we didn't (in general) take a stronger stance against DLC earlier, but that doesn't mean we need to bend over every couple of months for a few tweaks here and there.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

I cant comment on directors cut but from what i have seen in reviews and critics. they praise it for bieng streamlined. and thats not a good thing

i give credit to Deus Ex HR. even its highly consolized. still a great game. nowhere near GOAT Deus Ex but probably the best game that is consolized and still good.

In what demented world is something being stream-lined not a good thing? I think you need to actually learn the meanings of words before you talk. Because you obviously are confused.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@lostrib said:

I think people are upset because a lot of the added "features" like fixing boss battles are things that should be given as a free patch. I doubt they're upset to be missing out on director commentary

Hermits have the strangest entitlements. Disclaimer: I own both PC and ps3 (double dipped to show my support) versions for deus ex hr. They should be glad that eidos is making money to keep deus ex alive.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

This is the first time that outside of movies I know of in which the director's commentary is a feature that is sold separately from the original version of any particular media.

The only reason I would buy the director's cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution would be to add it to my collection. If not for that, I would pass on it because I have already beaten the original version twice. Also, downloadable content aside, unless proven otherwise, changing boss fights is usually patch-worthy and this is no different. PC gaming has gotten that sort of treatment for years. It is only because of the influence consoles are having on the video game industry that this is even happening.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Seems like a legitimate argument. It's how I feel about some of the SF games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Generally surprised that the game was not just updated with those updates. The Price they ask is very small, so it is not that I am hurting or anything financially I simply Wonder about why they decided on that route (well I guess I am the answer given that I just rebought it -.-)

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#61  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

@SNIPER4321:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

I cant comment on directors cut but from what i have seen in reviews and critics. they praise it for bieng streamlined. and thats not a good thing

i give credit to Deus Ex HR. even its highly consolized. still a great game. nowhere near GOAT Deus Ex but probably the best game that is consolized and still good.

In what demented world is something being stream-lined not a good thing? I think you need to actually learn the meanings of words before you talk. Because you obviously are confused.

so take a deep and complex game. and dumbed it down. turn into one button casual game. QTE fest.

how it is a good thing? original deus ex was deep and complex game for sophisticated gamers. IW suck because of consolize. HR while consolize still a good game but nowhere near original.

No, Human Revolution STOMPS the original.

Lets not forget that the original game had some BAD flaws.....clunky gunplay, no sense of game balance whatsoever, poor pacing and full of filler, bad writing when it comes to dialogue and one dimensional characters, shockingly uncanny moments, bad voice acting, and a weak finale.

Hell, Invisible War may have lesser gameplay, but its far better written than the first game. Human Revolution stomps them both.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

so take a deep and complex game. and dumbed it down. turn into one button casual game. QTE fest.

how it is a good thing? original deus ex was deep and complex game for sophisticated gamers. IW suck because of consolize. HR while consolize still a good game but nowhere near original.

That isn't the definition of stream-lined. Also, DE:HR wasn't a QTE-fest. Are you seriously going to try and tell me the fact that you had to press a button in order to start a takedown means it's a QTE?

You can't compare HR to the original Deus Ex. They're NOT the same thing. They were made for different generations. And, frankly, DE:HR is still far more of a sophisticated game than anything else that has come out in recent years.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#65 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

People still care about this overrated game? I'd rather play the first one again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

That isn't the definition of stream-lined. Also, DE:HR wasn't a QTE-fest. Are you seriously going to try and tell me the fact that you had to press a button in order to start a takedown means it's a QTE?

You can't compare HR to the original Deus Ex. They're NOT the same thing. They were made for different generations. And, frankly, DE:HR is still far more of a sophisticated game than anything else that has come out in recent years.

i never said deus ex HR is QTE fest. im talking about consolize games in general are QTE fest.

yes Deus Ex HR was great and i cant wait for sequel now imagine if Deus Ex HR were PC exclusive

than it has no 3rd person wall cover, one button takedown (instead meelee), regen health, more linear, shorter missions, more easy.

I have complete on "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty and it was still extremely easy.

You just called it a QTE fest in the second post I quoted. Are you incapable of remembering what you've written? There it is, go ahead and re-read.

DE:HR will never be a PC exclusive ever again. Get over that fact and start enjoying games instead of being deluded.

Wall cover is realistic. I would expect someone trained to use cover. One button takedowns are realistic and necessary to not only ease gameplay, but to show how capable the character is. I don't want some stupid melee button that simply hits someone with the butt of whatever weapon I'm using. Why would more linearity, shorter missions, and an easier difficulty be good on the PC but not a console? What WORLD do you live in where anything you say even makes a modicum of sense?

And I very much doubt that you have.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

To be fair, they're are selling the entire game as well as the DLC along with update. Doesn't seem that bad to me but I do agree they should update normal versions to the new one.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

I had no idea the port was so crappy.
I'll stay away from this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

Wall cover is realistic. I would expect someone trained to use cover. One button takedowns are realistic and necessary to not only ease gameplay, but to show how capable the character is. I don't want some stupid melee button that simply hits someone with the butt of whatever weapon I'm using. Why would more linearity, shorter missions, and an easier difficulty be good on the PC but not a console? What WORLD do you live in where anything you say even makes a modicum of sense?

yeah. you can see throw wall behind back. so realistic. not to mentionit RUINED ALL IMMERSION. in original Deus Ex. there is no wall cover and u can hide behind shadow and dont know what enemy are doing behind. wall cover makes games EASY!!

simple reason is console CANT HANDLE more open ended, and u cant play original deus ex with controller. so to work with controller. developers need to make it more "accessible" thus dumbing down to work on console

yes console have ruined too many franchises. Crysis 2/3, Deus Ex IW, new rainbow six/ghost recon games, new COD games, etc etc are the example why console ruined any good franchise.

Ruined immersion? How does realism ruin immersion?

That isn't what you said. You said linearity, shorter missions, and an easier difficulty are good things. Either learn how to write english properly, or don't respond to people. Don't expect me to read your mind when you simply are incapable of making any sense.

Waaaaaah. Cry more about it. That seems to be all you're good for.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Hermits want everything for free.

akimbo_atato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72 akimbo_atato
Member since 2013 • 42 Posts
@Puckhog04 said:

You rather pay?

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

@akimbo_atato said:
@Puckhog04 said:

You rather pay?

Depends on the game. Then again, I don't pirate every game that comes out so...

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

@kellykelly said:

Hermits want everything for free these days

Seems console gamers are enjoying early releases of free games too. Like Assassin's Creed 4, Batman Arkham Origins and Battlefield 4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

Waaaaaah. Cry more about it. That seems to be all you're good for.

i complain when developers abolish hardcore fanbase to apeal lowest common denominator. and i have rights to complain.

mainstream market carter towards avg gamers and bunch of casuals buy anything that mainstream media told them to.

No, you cry about the pettiest shit. Things that don't bother most people because they aren't important: "Oh man, I have to press a button to initiate a melee takedown?! That's BULLSHIT!" Then you try and pass it off as PC elitism. You aren't a PC elitist. You're a loser who thinks its edgy to talk about lowest common denominators, as if you even know what that means. Mainstream markets! Oh man! Watch out for those mainstream games that are always consolized and dumbed down! DEM CASUALS RUIN THE VIDEO GAME BUSINESS! Give me a break.

Thankfully you don't give PC gamers a bad name because you don't even rate. You're thought of as a nothing on this entire website. The only reason people read your posts is because they're hoping you say something against the ToU so they can try and get you banned. Or to laugh at you.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#77 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Can't wait to play the definitive version.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

Thankfully you don't give PC gamers a bad name

of course i dont. Im a face of PC gamers in System wars.

No, you most certainly aren't. You're the face of idiocy in SW.

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

Thankfully you don't give PC gamers a bad name

of course i dont. Im a face of PC gamers in System wars.

Hah!

If that were the case, this PC of mine would fly right out the window... you're just a caricature of every bad trait related to the PC gaming community, and as such, a great source of laughs... :)

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#81  Edited By cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@SNIPER4321:

@SNIPER4321 said:

Lets not forget that the original game had some BAD flaws.....clunky gunplay, no sense of game balance whatsoever, poor pacing and full of filler, bad writing when it comes to dialogue and one dimensional characters, shockingly uncanny moments, bad voice acting, and a weak finale.

Hell, Invisible War may have lesser gameplay, but its far better written than the first game. Human Revolution stomps them both.

Almost everything you said has to do with the story. That's not what Deus Ex is about. Deus Ex is about choice in gameplay and no other game has come close to it in that area.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By texasgoldrush

@cain006 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@SNIPER4321:

@SNIPER4321 said:

Almost everything you said has to do with the story. That's not what Deus Ex is about. Deus Ex is about choice in gameplay and no other game has come close to it in that area.

Did you even read my post?

Clunky gameplay and no sense of game balance whatsoever. But sorry, narrative IS part of Deus Ex as well and the original is the worst in the trilogy at narrative.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Considering owners of The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2 got the Enhanced Edition for free, that's a pretty legitimate complain.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

Hermits want everything free and everything now, now, now!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@SKaREO said:

Hermits want everything free and everything now, now, now!

No.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#87  Edited By cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@cain006 said:

Clunky gameplay and no sense of game balance whatsoever. But sorry, narrative IS part of Deus Ex as well and the original is the worst in the trilogy at narrative.

Yes. And the gameplay is clunky and is kind of unbalanced. Doesn't change that there's a huge variety in the way you can play the game, more than any other game I've played. And I didn't care much about the story in Human Revolution or the original. It doesn't rank highly to me to what's important to most games.

You don't seem to understand that people can enjoy video games for reasons other than yours.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 texasgoldrush

@cain006 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@cain006 said:

Yes. And the gameplay is clunky and is kind of unbalanced. Doesn't change that there's a huge variety in the way you can play the game, more than any other game I've played. And I didn't care much about the story in Human Revolution or the original. It doesn't rank highly to me to what's important to most games.

You don't seem to understand that people can enjoy video games for reasons other than yours.

However, for all the great concept, the gameplay sucks.

What good is variety, when all the options are poorly done?Its a poor shooter, a broken stealth game, and an unbalanced RPG.

Human Revolution's gameplay is far better. It does Deus Ex better than Deus Ex.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I guess everyone should give their consumers the new version of every product. Oh you bought the iPhone 4? Okay you can get the iPhone 5 free then.

I can understand if DE:HR was originally a lackluster game, and the devs were just fixing it to a reasonable extent. But as far as I know, the original was a good game. So any "upgrades" aren't just making the game playable, they are adding to it. I don't see how it should be free. The devs afterall spent time on making it.

I haven't actually played the original or the director's cut. So what I said may be wrong and mislead. Just judging from what I've read. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@airshocker said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

i never said deus ex HR is QTE fest. im talking about consolize games in general are QTE fest.

yes Deus Ex HR was great and i cant wait for sequel now imagine if Deus Ex HR were PC exclusive

than it has no 3rd person wall cover, one button takedown (instead meelee), regen health, more linear, shorter missions, more easy.

I have complete on "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty and it was still extremely easy.

You just called it a QTE fest in the second post I quoted. Are you incapable of remembering what you've written? There it is, go ahead and re-read.

DE:HR will never be a PC exclusive ever again. Get over that fact and start enjoying games instead of being deluded.

I would disagree - I think the whole "press a button to go into a pre-animated takedown" thing was not a good decision. It interrupts the flow of gameplay and takes control away from the player. Still, a minor complaint.

I don't see a problem with using a cover system, either. I guess you could make the argument that it's better to just let the player handle cover themselves manually, but if incorporated well in third-person shooters they can add a lot to the gameplay.

SNIPER is, of course, wrong as usual.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#91 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

I´m certainly not gonna pay those 5€ for any patch or fix,regardless of how much I care for the game.

Ornjlightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#92  Edited By Ornjlightning
Member since 2010 • 455 Posts

@NeonNinja said:

what does it really add that owners of the game will want? I wouldn't even replay the game with the free update. I've moved on and I'm sure many who beat the game have moved on too.

Agreed. Some commentary and better boss fights aren't enough to even put a tag on. Even if it was free, I don't think I would pick it up again unless I was specifically in the mood for it. I really enjoyed it, so it wouldn't take much to have me on board. Just a few more missions and an addition to some upgrades and it would have been worth it. But still not for $20.

Awesome game though. I played it on pc.