Heres What i Think Will Save the Wii U

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Nintendo needs to introduce a new Wii U SKU call it a Slim unit, a Wii U Plus, whatever, but it needs to have the following items out of the box:

A minimum of a 250gb hard drive.

The Pro controller only with recharge cable, No touchscreen gamepad.

A software update that includes the following:

Support of the Pro controller with every Wii U game that exists and is about to release. Also needs to have a revamped online system with easier access to online purchases and multiplayer support.

Needs to be bundled with the as yet to be released new Zelda Wii U game.

If such a system is put out by Nintendo, it will not only save the Wii U, but will fly off store shelves so fast, the sales will easily catch those of XOne and PS4.

Even though the graphics won't be on par with the competition, it won't matter if this above bundle is created and released it will sell like crazy.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

You failed at 250GB Hard Drive. Nintendo will not implement that.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

itt: why you shouldn't work at Nintendo

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#4 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

No touchscreen gamepad? No.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Wii-U is done, bro.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Nothing will save the Wii U.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

It's hard to ditch the gamepad because the system was designed around it. It's their pitch and catch, some people bought it and enjoy it it would be betraying them. They only thing they can really do is figure out a way to make it appealing. I still think the best way to do this is to figure out a way to reduce the price. The console was obviously poorly thought out.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

As of now, the two things that will help the Wii U the most are Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4. Even then though, I see those games only helping the Wii U, but not "saving" it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Software sells hardware.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Software sells hardware.

Let's look at PS4...well,uh...yeah

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Yes, Nintendo should just remove the best thing about their new console and replace it with a 250 GB hard drive that is completely unnecessary unless you want to download all of your games. Oh, and if you want to download all of your games, 250 GB isn't going to be nearly enough, anyway, so you are going to still have to go out and purchase a hard drive. That would go over really well.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Also needs to have a revamped online system with easier access to online purchases and multiplayer support.

Do you even own a Wii U? Have you had any significant hands-on time with it?

You can access a list of your purchases from the user menu of the eShop. It's easy as all hell, and if it's too difficult for you, you shouldn't be on any online marketplace anywhere. Going to the eShop itself literally takes two taps. Finding what you want is easy as well, thanks to the large buttons and smart layout.

I've done online multiplayer in Mass Effect and Injustice without any issues. I have no idea what you mean.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Here's an actual list of what will save the Wii U

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Nintendo needs to introduce a new Wii U SKU call it a Slim unit, a Wii U Plus, whatever, but it needs to have the following items out of the box:

Support of the Pro controller with every Wii U game that exists and is about to release. Also needs to have a revamped online system with easier access to online purchases and multiplayer support.

If such a system is put out by Nintendo, it will not only save the Wii U, but will fly off store shelves so fast, the sales will easily catch those of XOne and PS4.

Even though the graphics won't be on par with the competition, it won't matter if this above bundle is created and released it will sell like crazy.

you forgot a price cut to $200

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ni6htmare01  Online
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

you forgot a price cut to $200

Now we talking and $200 bundle with Zelda or Bayonetta 2 than I will buy 1 for sure!

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Slimmin360

@YearoftheSnake5:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

Also needs to have a revamped online system with easier access to online purchases and multiplayer support.

You can access a list of your purchases from the user menu of the eShop. It's easy as all hell, and if it's too difficult for you, you shouldn't be on any online marketplace anywhere. Going to the eShop itself literally takes two taps. Finding what you want is easy as well, thanks to the large buttons and smart layout.

I've done online multiplayer in Mass Effect and Injustice without any issues. I have no idea what you mean.

Actually i did own a Wii U for all of a week, it was more than i could bare, and that was with Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Call of Duty, Monster Hunter Ultimate and Zelda Windwaker HD that came with my Wii U.

I got the system and 3 of those games with some store credit i had, and bought the rest out of pocket, and even after all that i tired of it within a weeks time, however it was mostly due to the extreme short 3 hour battery life of the tablet controller, so i tried to remedy that by getting the Pro controller, only to find out the Pro controller did not work unless the tablet controller was turned on and even then the Pro controller was not compatible with all the games i had.

So thats when i gave up on the Wii U, and maybe if Nintendo had did as much as to just include a better battery that lasted even 10 hours on a full charge, or allowed you to turn off the tablet screen, anything to get more playing time out of it, then maybe i and others wouldn't have bailed as quickly as we did on the Wii U.

Sorry but as it stands right now that controller is a hinderance not an asset.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@MFDOOM1983 said:

Wii-U is done, bro.

Dead Last this gen and nothing will stop that.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

But the next Zelda will probably make great use of the gamepad (inventory management) and I'm looking forward to it, so no, that would be a bad idea.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

a lot more people buying the Wii U would save the Wii U

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@Slimmin360: I own a Wii U, and yes the gamepad has a low battery life, but it still lasts at least 3 hours. Don't you keep your charger on everytime you're done? Or if you really wanted to play more than 3 hours straight, simply plug the a/c ...I don't really have an issue because I usually don't play that long for a time and when I'm not playing I just keep it on the charger..

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PurpleMan5000

@Slimmin360 said:

@YearoftheSnake5:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

Actually i did own a Wii U for all of a week, it was more than i could bare, and that was with Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Call of Duty, Monster Hunter Ultimate and Zelda Windwaker HD that came with my Wii U.

I got the system and 3 of those games with some store credit i had, and bought the rest out of pocket, and even after all that i tired of it within a weeks time, however it was mostly due to the extreme short 3 hour battery life of the tablet controller, so i tried to remedy that by getting the Pro controller, only to find out the Pro controller did not work unless the tablet controller was turned on and even then the Pro controller was not compatible with all the games i had.

So thats when i gave up on the Wii U, and maybe if Nintendo had did as much as to just include a better battery that lasted even 10 hours on a full charge, or allowed you to turn off the tablet screen, anything to get more playing time out of it, then maybe i and others wouldn't have bailed as quickly as we did on the Wii U.

Most normal people would just put the tablet into the charging cradle when they are using the pro controller.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Slimmin360

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@YearoftheSnake5:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

Most normal people would just put the tablet into the charging cradle when they are using the pro controller.

Exactly what i did, but why should the tablet controller even have to be on in order to operate the Pro controller...Thats just stupid......but in retrospect perhaps pulling the cable from the back of the tablet charger and plugging it into the jack on the controller while playing would've solved the issue i had with constantly having to put in the cradle to charge.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Actually i did own a Wii U for all of a week

...or allowed you to turn off the tablet screen, anything to get more playing time out of it, then maybe i and others wouldn't have bailed as quickly as we did on the Wii U.

Suuuure you did.

You can turn off the tablet screen if you go to controller settings. There is also a larger battery you can get for $32 directly from Nintendo.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

No touchscreen gamepad? No.

This. Right there is where his idea falls COMPLETELY apart.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Software sells hardware.

Let's look at PS4...well,uh...yeah

BOOM Lol

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

You could always just plug the controller up to a nearby outlet . The 3 hour battery life isnt bad especially since you dont have to be tethered to the console to charge it.

As far as I remember using the E-Shop and finding your purchases is quite easy too.

The only thing that could save the Wii-U is Nintendo spending millions upon millions of money on advertising when Mario Kart and Smash release. I'm not talking about those crappy family together time ads they do that most people dont care for. I'm talking about in your face, you want this, you need this, montage to 80's music type advertising..

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

TC is 2 for 2 in making stupid ass threads today.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@inb4uall said:

TC is 2 for 2 in making stupid ass threads today.

Actually, the last one was a necro.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

you people are so stupid....

the gamepad is exactly like a normal controller....theres no difference....unless you want to cut costs. and price it lower.

like sony did by taking the oled off and putting an lcd...

do you really want nintendo to downgrade?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PurpleMan5000

@KBFloYd said:

you people are so stupid....

the gamepad is exactly like a normal controller....theres no difference....unless you want to cut costs. and price it lower.

like sony did by taking the oled off and putting an lcd...

do you really want nintendo to downgrade?

It's better than a normal controller, actually.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#32 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

OUCH...Ha ha ha ha ha. Sweet

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

They're not going to release one without the Gamepad.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

the GamePad is a lot cooler than I'd thought it would be, it'd totally take away from the experience, I much prefer playing games on the GamePad than on the TV, the larger HDD would be nice though but I've avoided digital content to keep the valuable space and with only a half dozen games so far I've really no need for anything bigger yet

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DJ-Lafleur

@lamprey263 said:

the GamePad is a lot cooler than I'd thought it would be, it'd totally take away from the experience, I much prefer playing games on the GamePad than on the TV, the larger HDD would be nice though but I've avoided digital content to keep the valuable space and with only a half dozen games so far I've really no need for anything bigger yet

Same here. I do like to use the gamepad to play Virtual console games, and occasionally retail games if I just feel like laying down and playing a game.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@treedoor said:

Here's an actual list of what will save the Wii U:

This gave me a good laugh.

The Wii U is unsalvageable at this point. What Nintendo should be doing right now is overhauling everything they are currently lacking on for the system next launch. They need to be completely reworking their online, OS, busting their ass so that the VC storms out the gate with a dozen+ titles, preparing at least 3-4 heavy hitter 1st party IPs for launch, they should be in PRO-ACTIVE talks with 3rd parties (no more of this, "eh, they can come to us if they want" philosophy), implementing an account system, and heavily investing in new studios.

Y'know......stuff that they should've been doing at the height of the Wii's success instead of sitting on their asses. Nintendo can't save the Wii U at this point, they just need to survive it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KBFloYd

@DJ-Lafleur said:

@lamprey263 said:

Same here. I do like to use the gamepad to play Virtual console games, and occasionally retail games if I just feel like laying down and playing a game.

you lay down when you play a game?what are you? superman?

everyone sits when they play...

and either way the gamepad is like a normal controller so you can lay down on the floor playing video games if you like to also.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

The Zelda bundle is the only one of those ideas that would help Nintendo at all

and even that wouldn't do much good; despite its quality, Zelda isn't the big seller that Mario is. TP, the best selling game of the series, sold just above 8 million. Compare that to Mario, a series that regularly sells in the tens of millions, and then ask yourself: If a high quality Mario game like 3D World didn't help, then why would Zelda?

The bottom line is that no single game is going to sell this thing; it's going to take both quality and quantity for people to start buying, and since Nintendo is pretty much on their own, that's going to take some time.

all your other ideas are trash.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

The WiiU is dead bro, just let it go. Nothing can save it now....

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DJ-Lafleur

@KBFloYd said:

@DJ-Lafleur said:

@lamprey263 said:

you lay down when you play a game?what are you? superman?

everyone sits when they play...

and either way the gamepad is like a normal controller so you can lay down on the floor playing video games if you like to also.

for handheld games, yes, I do generally lay down on my bed. I could not lay down and play a game on TV at all (unless maybe it was a puzzle game or RPG or something that doesn't require reflexes or platforming)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KBFloYd

@I_can_haz said:

The WiiU is dead bro, just let it go. Nothing can save it now....

lol that gif isnt going to make nintendo dissapear or got out of business.

there is nothing you can do about it.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

There's no saving it. Even nintendo see's that it's a massive failure. Poor marketing and expensive controller is what killed the wiiu.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@treedoor said:

Here's an actual list of what will save the Wii U:

This gave me a good laugh.

The Wii U is unsalvageable at this point. What Nintendo should be doing right now is overhauling everything they are currently lacking on for the system next launch. They need to be completely reworking their online, OS, busting their ass so that the VC storms out the gate with a dozen+ titles, preparing at least 3-4 heavy hitter 1st party IPs for launch, they should be in PRO-ACTIVE talks with 3rd parties (no more of this, "eh, they can come to us if they want" philosophy), implementing an account system, and heavily investing in new studios.

Y'know......stuff that they should've been doing at the height of the Wii's success instead of sitting on their asses. Nintendo can't save the Wii U at this point, they just need to survive it.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think Wii U is like Windows Vista. It doesn't matter how much Nintendo fixes it, it'll never sell. Not that they are really trying to fix it too much, but it's pretty apparent that even when it does get software it sells terribly.

Just release an all-new, improved "Wii U" that is redesigned, has a better interface and online infrastructure, lots of games, and more features like an actual good-size HDD.

They can call it the Nintendo 7.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

All of those things wouldn't save it.

Cut the price by $100, ship it with a pro controller instead of the tablet, then have fully-3d Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Donkey Kong/Kirby/Star Fox/Mario Party/Martio Kart sequels in addition to their other IPs that they've outsourced to other developers like Xenoblade, then we're getting somewhere. Oh, and they'd have to start releasing titles of those calibur once a month for the next 2 years beginning next month, in addition to the price cut and ditching the tablet.... That's just not happening.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#45  Edited By Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Ouch.....ha ha ha

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Coolyfett said:

@charizard1605 said:

Ouch.....ha ha ha

Are you going to quote my same post with the same response once a day now, or what?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Wii U is dead, Nintendo has already basically said that they have no confidence in its future. With that, developers and publishers have fully gave up on the system.

nep321a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nep321a
Member since 2013 • 75 Posts

I like Nintendo, but I'm sorry to say that they will most likely become dead last this generation. The momentum is with PS4. The XONE will do fine, but the PS4 will be untouchable. Wii U just doesn't have the third party support, the current gen hardware on par with the competition, a solid online gaming experience, or enough games that appeal to adults. They make some of the best games in the industry, but let's face it.....they are milking Mario and Zelda just too much now.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Nintendos last hope is MK8 and SSB4. if that doesnt sell the system then the Wii U is fucked.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Jesus Christ, how many "Wii U can be saved" threads are people going to come up with?

The Wii U has zero chance of making a comeback, zero. Zelda, Mario and Metroid will not save this console. Deal with it. No console right now can survive on 1st party titles alone. You need third party support, or you might as well not even bother making a console. The original Wii's success was a total fluke that Nintendo won't ever be able to recreate.

Nintendo could drop the price of the Wii U to $199.99 and that still won't change things. You can't sell what nobody wants.