Here's the problem with Sony Exclusives...

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

I know they are great games like Beyond 2 souls, the last of us, metal gear solid 4 (my fav of the gen), uncharted, heavy rain....

The main problem with all of these games is I play them, I beat them, I never pick them up again. I cant justify myself to pay $65 for a game that I will beat in 8 hours and that's it. Yes I know uncharted has online, but for some reason sony online games get boring and dead after a couple weeks. Xbox games like Gears of war, Halo, forza, left 4 dead, have great single player experiences and an equally good if not better multiplayer experience. I can put hundreds of hours in the multiplayer, Nintendo has a secret sauce and Xbox seems to have a secret sauce for its online gaming. It's hard to explain but xbox multiplayer keeps you coming back and the online communities stay very active.

With all of Sony's 8s and 9s they STILL dont have a killer app. Killzone died on the PS3 and now they are trying to sell a corpse with fresh makeup on.

#2 Edited by NFJSupreme (5128 posts) -

You were making a point but then the lemming in you game out at the end.

#3 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Well that's just your opinion. I don't have the same problem with Sony exclusives. In fact, games like LBP, Uncharted, Killzone, TLOU, Infamous, GT provide hundreds of hours of gameplay for me. Seems like you're just a diehard lemming or sheep, no problem with that but don't try to make it look like your fanboy opinions are a fact.

#4 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

left 4 dead has a great single player experience? it's also not exclusive. =/

#5 Posted by lostrib (33273 posts) -

Uh, left 4 dead isn't really an "Xbox game," and the best part of the game is multiplayer

#6 Posted by nishanth12 (524 posts) -

Lol why dont you stick to xbox then? Besides, ps4 multiplayer cant go no where but up this gen. If I were you I'd wait for some time, see how strong the multiplayer community on ps4 is. Judging by the sales figure, it should be pretty obvious.

#7 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@I_can_haz: yes because when ever anyone says anything negative about Sony they are automatically a lemming. Should I post a pic of my ps1, ps2, and ps3 side by side? It's not even worth it.

#8 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

Um, killzone and the uncharted communities are still thriving. The communities do drop though because so many exclusives come out back to back. If Sony starved their consumer base, then the consumer would have to stick to one or two games at a time. Basically, Sony has too many options.

#9 Posted by lostrib (33273 posts) -

@I_can_haz: yes because when ever anyone says anything negative about Sony they are automatically a lemming. Should I post a pic of my ps1, ps2, and ps3 side by side? It's not even worth it.

being a "lemming" does not mean you can't own other consoles

#10 Posted by drekula2 (1898 posts) -

The problem with Microsoft's exclusives are that new entries make the older entries obsolete. So in the end, you only have 3 games: the newest Halo, the newest Gears and the newest Forza.

#11 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@kingoflife9: Being a lemming or sheep doesn't stop someone from owning a Playstation. I know many diehard MS and Nintendo fanboys with Playstations.

#12 Posted by CleanPlayer (9775 posts) -

As I've grown older, multiplayer isn't a big factor when I play a game. But you do have a point, Halo's replayability online will always be greater than anything Sony has to offer. But with the wide range of Sony exclusives, I just find their games to have so much depth for single-player that it doesn't matter if there is no multiplayer or it's average

#13 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -
#14 Posted by Zophar87 (4345 posts) -

I'm a trophy whore on PS3. I have countless hours into the games you listed in the OP.

#15 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -
#16 Posted by handssss (1798 posts) -

@drekula2:

not really. the last good gears of war multiplayer experience was 3 and the last Halo 3 multiplayer that was also truly great was the 3rd one. Reach and 4 MP are OKAY but largely casualized in the COD direction. Judgment's half-assed MP mode is so below average it isn't even worth mentioning. That's how mediocre and barebones Epic made it.

#17 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

you cows are hilarious. you wont change my opinion, seems like you're trying to mend a broken heart.

How about we all work together so Sony can finally spit out a good multiplayer game, or a killer app. I mean Sony hasn't had a killer app since..... metal gear solid 1? that can't be right.....umm.

#18 Posted by Ghost120x (3687 posts) -

I was actually thinking about making a long thread about this but I haven't had the time. Here is the short ver:

I was going to say they don't have any system sellers because they lack consistency and are out to try and copy the latest trends in gaming.

Case one : Sly cooper 1 great game, a true classic---- Then sandbox got popular (gta) then sly 2 filled with lifeless unneeded open world segments.(also see jak 1 vs jak 2)

Case two: Killzone 2 good game but many critics hated the controls----- Then COD came along and the byproduct: Killzone 3.

#20 Edited by IcyFlamez96 (1355 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank LETS A GOOO

#21 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@Ghost120x: they seem to try and be way too artsy fartsy. they should keep their movie's and gaming business separate. I LOVE and interesting story but sometimes I just want to pickup my controller and "jump in".

#22 Posted by remiks00 (1634 posts) -

Exactly

@kingoflife9 I agree with you to a certain extent. From my experience, I put a lot more into the multiplayer on Xbox 360 games like Gears 1,2 & 3. BUT.., after gears 1, I did not touch the single player for 2 or 3 at all. The campaigns are boring as hell, and I can say the same thing for Halo 4.

back on topic: I felt that way UNTIL I actually gave Killzone a try, and TLOU, I've played the hell out those games online since then. Xbox Live is still feels better imo, compared to PSN on PS3.., but I'm betting Sony steps up with the PS4.

#23 Posted by GhoX (4676 posts) -

I'm inclined to agree with TC.

I bought a second-hand PS3 cheap. Rented all the good exclusives. Finished them under 2 weeks and sold the PS3. That's all the platform offered me.

#24 Edited by lamprey263 (22775 posts) -

hard to take anybody that claims to like MGS4 seriously, I mean reviewers sure, they had to sign contracts stating they wouldn't let a grocery list of things change their score of the games, which without might have seen some 3/10s and such, plus they had to attend review coaching lessons from Konami, but I expect better from consumers

anyhow, that sums it up for most of Sony's exclusives, worth a dabble and then that was that

though there were a few games I could play repeatedly, Killzone, Motorstorm, and Ico/SoTC, but the Uncharted and such were one time wonders

#25 Posted by Krelian-co (10227 posts) -

the problem with ps exclusives is that you are a lem

ps exclusives are factually better and more than the boring iterations of halo forza and gears xbots get every year.

#26 Posted by joel_c17 (2823 posts) -

ps exclusives are factually better and more than the boring iterations of halo forza and gears xbots get every year.

Pretty much this.

#27 Edited by Krelian-co (10227 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

hard to take anybody that claims to like MGS4 seriously, I mean reviewers sure, they had to sign contracts stating they wouldn't let a grocery list of things change their score of the games, which without might have seen some 3/10s and such, plus they had to attend review coaching lessons from Konami, but I expect better from consumers

anyhow, that sums it up for most of Sony's exclusives, worth a dabble and then that was that

though there were a few games I could play repeatedly, Killzone, Motorstorm, and Ico/SoTC, but the Uncharted and such were one time wonders

you are in the minority, mgs4 was almost universally praised, so no one gives a damn what a random person on the internet says.

#28 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Eh, I dunno, TC. I've played God of War III twice, and I can see myself playing it again. In fact, I probably will. I would probably replay Uncharted 2 if I didn't like the new Tomb Raider better. It just jives with my style more.

But I've said it once, and I'll say it again: the best games on Sony systems are generally not made by Sony's internal studios. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just how it is.

#29 Edited by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

Nothing factual about it, son. Well, except maybe being better than Halo 4. Christ was that game awful.

The problem you seem to be having with your Xbox games is actually quite common on this forum. It's called being a cow.

#30 Edited by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

I'm a SP guy, and Sony games are generally more diverse and have better SP component. Don't give a rass ass about MP, so most MS exclusives (other than some selected few like Gears) don't interest me one bit.

#31 Posted by Krelian-co (10227 posts) -

you cows are hilarious. you wont change my opinion, seems like you're trying to mend a broken heart.

How about we all work together so Sony can finally spit out a good multiplayer game, or a killer app. I mean Sony hasn't had a killer app since..... metal gear solid 1? that can't be right.....umm.

there are several problems with this post

a. no one gives a sh1t about your opinion so dream on anyone is "trying to change your opinion"

b. i think someone is butthurt, how many gotys and 10s ps3 got this gen again? and how many xbox? tell me now which console has the "killer apps", xbox cant even get a 10 that isnt multiplat LOL

c. before you answer i care about your opinion, no i really don't, i have things under my shoe that i care more about than your opinion, i just make a public service when lems come spreading their lies and bs to the forum, carry on.

#32 Posted by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

rofl

#33 Posted by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

So? Give me more interesting single player games please.

Battlefield, Destiny and Titanfall will properly satiate my need for shooting at and with people online.

#34 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8701 posts) -

For me, the problem with Sony exclusives is that they generally have poor to mediocre gameplay. Most other games in the same genres tend to be better.

#35 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

Well surprise surprise, i never expected kingoflife9 to make a thread like this. (SARCASM)

The problem is not with Sony, the problem is with you. YOU don't like their multiplayer, other people like myself do. You also failed to mention LBP and Killzone which have an excellent mp mode. You like Xbox more, we get it. We could have had a decent discussion if you hadn't mentioned Xbox. Oh well...

#36 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

you are in the minority, mgs4 was almost universally praised, so no one gives a damn what a random person on the internet says.

You are also a random person on the internet though....

#37 Posted by kipsta77 (915 posts) -

I understand you completely, while some of Sony's exclusives have been a great experience, I never played them again, I'll always remember them, but is that what really counts?

Realistically, what more can you ask for?

I think MS has a better multiplayer exclusive library while Sony has the single player experiences topped.

#38 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13113 posts) -

I think I just contracted an STD reading that OP.

#39 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

OP makes a good point, but screws it up in the follow up comments.

#40 Edited by casharmy (6821 posts) -

And here is the problem with your argument.

1. Outside of those exclusives you named, 90% of the other games that are released on both systems are the same games.

2. PS4 is confirmed to be more powerful and easier to develop for than xbox 1 so the 90% of the other games that are released will be equal or superior on PS4.

3. Those few games you list are better experiences than games that focus on multiplayer only.

4. Many of the games you listed...ALSO have multiplayer which invalidates your entire argument, it seems you just conveniently forgot or maybe even didn't know that fact.

5. Of the games you listed many have gone on to be praised, critically and fans wise, as the best games of the generation (3 GOTY exclusives this gen)...compare that with xbox exclusives

#41 Posted by casharmy (6821 posts) -

you cows are hilarious. you wont change my opinion,

lol, not one person in here has tried to change your opinion.

You are the one who seems to think there is a problem with sony exclusives, YOU seem to be the one who is upset because others don't take your personal opinion as their own.

After all, this is YOUR thread lol.

#42 Posted by bezza2011 (2308 posts) -

Hahahahahahahaha Brilliant

Here's one for you

Here's the problem with Microsoft Exclusives...... There isn't any.

Halo
Gears Of War
Fable
Forza

Sony Exclusives;
Resistance
Motorstorm
MLB The Show
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
Uncharted Triolgy
The Last Of Us
Gran Turismo
Little Big Planet 1 & 2
Infamous
Ratchet & Clank
God Of War
Twisted Metal
Sly Cooper
Pupeteer
Heavy Rain/Beyond two souls

There all Sony first party, Variety is the key, Microsoft doesn't have that, except within xbox live arcade. and most exclusive microsoft have are DLC'S TIMED EXCLUSIVES. History doesn't lie, so onwards i know that getting the PS4 is a no brainer the games will be there not, if but when, Xbox One is more like If they have exclusives

#43 Edited by blamix (192 posts) -

This dumbass keeps shooting Sony every time he makes a thread. And trying hard pretending he's not a Xbox fanboy.. Lol

#44 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

great

#45 Edited by Suppaman100 (3709 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

Nothing factual about it, son. Well, except maybe being better than Halo 4. Christ was that game awful.

The problem you seem to be having with your Xbox games is actually quite common on this forum. It's called being a cow.

He's right though.

Let's look at the only "factual" indicator we have to classify if a game is good or not, the reviews.

Now, if you se metacritic or gamespot, it doesn't matter. The outcome is the same, PS3 has the most quality games.

/thread

#46 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

I agree that the replayability is kinda low in some Sony exclusives. They're just one off experiences. I think Sony has yet to make that game that will remembered throughout the ages and will just make the player want to keep coming back for more.

#47 Edited by getyeryayasout (7055 posts) -

Kind of agree. I think it's because Sony games tend to be cinematic and so storydriven that the first playthrough is amazing, but subsequent playthrough feel a little like a chore.

#48 Edited by freedomfreak (38717 posts) -

I beat them, and I do pick them up again.

#49 Posted by Malta_1980 (11161 posts) -

Its a matter of personal preferences in gaming :)

MGS4- Played 3 times through the sp campaign & countless hours online

KZ2 / KZ3 - sp were fun and spent loads of time online

Resistance series - again spent loads of time online

GT5 - still playing the game :)

MAG - was a great and under appreciated game

Warhawk - one of the best mp titles on PS3

Twisted metal & Wipeout- always been a fan of these since PS1 days so I loved the PS3 versions

Motorstorm series - again its really good series and online is just insane

LBP1/2 - Huge community support and really fun creating games

Modnation Racers - again the game was great and I hope we'll see a sequel on PS4

infamous series - Amazing titles

TLOU - twice the sp campaing and still playing online

Uncharted series - played their sp campaigns more than once and played countless hours online.

I can agree that many might not be interested in these games but one can use your same argument when discussing Halo/ Geow & Forza..

#50 Posted by bezza2011 (2308 posts) -

Wait so after all this it comes down to the multiplayer, as a gamer, i want games to inspire me, i want them to excite me, i want them to wow me, i want to feel like i have a connection so i can enjoy the game, for my sandbox game i have gta and for online, for fps i have cod or battlefield, these are the multiplayers which are MULITPLATS.

Sony offers me something different, something that microsoft will never get, Variety, games what make me go wow, i wouldn't go to the cinema and watch films over and over again and i won't watch films which are to similar, if the other one is better, sony offers me everything in one single play through, the only reason you state this about xbox games because nothing comes out after there big release for a whole year while sony are pumping out exclusives every other month.