Here is why the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One.

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

It has much better hardware. It's a more powerful system that's much more capable than the very questionable, underpowered Xbox One. To make matters worse, the gimped hardware in XB1 is bottlenecked by things like its slow ass RAM, making it so the already slow CPU and GPU can't even be used to their full potential.

Let's be real, no one wants Kinect and I mean no one. People don't want to talk to their system, especially when it only works 60% of the time and a controller works 100% of the time. Same goes for the motion controls. Gimmicky, inconsistent, casual, failed inputs, etc. Kinect will never be used for competitive gaming because there's no skill involved when using it. In games using a controller, the skill is in the gameplay of the game whereas with Kinect, the skill is in making your inputs actually register correctly. Let me put it this way, the Wii is more skill based, accurate and hardcore than the Kinect.

PS+ is better than LIVE. With all the free games you get with PS+ and how good of a service it is, LIVE has been exposed for the rip off it is once again. You pay $10 more for live even though it's a vastly inferior service.

Dualshock 4 is the best controller of all time. XB1 controller is a step back from the 360 controller. Nuff said.

Most importantly, games. PS4 has the superior multiplats this time around. The rate at which PS4 gets superior multiplats is even far greater than the 360's advantage was over the PS3. Lems always pulled the superior multiplats card last gen as a way to mask the lack of exclusives, and suddenly now that the differences are even greater and more apparent with the PS4 over the XB1, they claim it doesn't matter. Well guess what, it does matter and it matters a lot.

So last gen, the 360 lacked exclusives so Lems touted superior multiplats. What's funny is this time, ps4 has the better exclusives and multiplats. What else is there? Nothing. Let's not forget that ps3 destroyed the 360 in exclusives, thanks to devs like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, Media Molecule, the list goes on and on. Sony did and still does have a better exclusive developer lineup, and therefore will have the better exclusive games. Lems aren't fooling anyone when they say X1 has better exclusives based solely on a couple underwhelming launch titles like Ryse and Dead Rising 3. When the real exclusives hit for each system, Sony will come out on top once again.

Then there's price. Why is the Xbone more expensive than the Ps4 if it's so much weaker? Why is the box so much bigger if it's so much weaker? It's quite laughable, really.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

- $100 that's the only difference, the cows have abandoned the PS3 and jumped to PS4 hence the heavily front loaded sales.Many xbox 360 owners are still enjoy their Xbox. They will upgrade eventually. Mark my words, PS4 sales will fall off the cliff in the coming months.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22632 Posts

I think the post E3 still has a lot to do with it... along with the price difference. Though, I think we are naive to think that from a game perspective, MS wont earn its purchases... couple that with the insanely shortsightedness of gamers, a few really great years of releases on the xbox (which will happen) will set the world back to normal. I say this like a broken record, but thats what should all want in the first place. everyone being healthy.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 arkephonic

@Scipio8:

The reason that makes no sense is PS3 has released Ni No Kuni, God of War ascension, Gran Turismo 6, Dragon's Crown and The Last of Us all within the last year. The 360 has literally had nothing, the system has been abandoned and forgotten about for quite some time. 360 owners are starving for games to play whereas PS3 owners get steady high profile releases.

Long story short, 360 owners have a ton more reasons to upgrade than ps3 owners, and it looks like they're buying the PS4. Too many RRODs and lack of games probably converted them to the dark side.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

The way I see it is most people went from PS2 - 360 because of price (also release dates) £210/£280 vs £425

This gen(PS4/XBone) it's almost the same. The 360 players are going from the 360 - PS4 because of price. £349 vs £430(Now £400)

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I think the post E3 still has a lot to do with it... along with the price difference. Though, I think we are naive to think that from a game perspective, MS wont earn its purchases... couple that with the insanely shortsightedness of gamers, a few really great years of releases on the xbox (which will happen) will set the world back to normal. I say this like a broken record, but thats what should all want in the first place. everyone being healthy.

But obviously all competitors should earn their healthy state. If Nintendo has terrible third party relations, with a high price that customers don't want, they don't deserve sales for health's sake. And if Microsoft has too high of a price and haven't convinced people the higher price is worth it, same situation. No need to blame it on 'shortsighted gamers'.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MisterXMedia
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@arkephonic said:

It has much better hardware. It's a more powerful system that's much more capable than the very questionable, underpowered Xbox One. To make matters worse, the gimped hardware in XB1 is bottlenecked by things like its slow ass RAM, making it so the already slow CPU and GPU can't even be used to their full potential.

Let's be real, no one wants Kinect and I mean no one. People don't want to talk to their system, especially when it only works 60% of the time and a controller works 100% of the time. Same goes for the motion controls. Gimmicky, inconsistent, casual, failed inputs, etc. Kinect will never be used for competitive gaming because there's no skill involved when using it. In games using a controller, the skill is in the gameplay of the game whereas with Kinect, the skill is in making your inputs actually register correctly. Let me put it this way, the Wii is more skill based, accurate and hardcore than the Kinect.

PS+ is better than LIVE. With all the free games you get with PS+ and how good of a service it is, LIVE has been exposed for the rip off it is once again. You pay $10 more for live even though it's a vastly inferior service.

Dualshock 4 is the best controller of all time. XB1 controller is a step back from the 360 controller. Nuff said.

Most importantly, games. PS4 has the superior multiplats this time around. The rate at which PS4 gets superior multiplats is even far greater than the 360's advantage was over the PS3. Lems always pulled the superior multiplats card last gen as a way to mask the lack of exclusives, and suddenly now that the differences are even greater and more apparent with the PS4 over the XB1, they claim it doesn't matter. Well guess what, it does matter and it matters a lot.

So last gen, the 360 lacked exclusives so Lems touted superior multiplats. What's funny is this time, ps4 has the better exclusives and multiplats. What else is there? Nothing. Let's not forget that ps3 destroyed the 360 in exclusives, thanks to devs like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, Media Molecule, the list goes on and on. Sony did and still does have a better exclusive developer lineup, and therefore will have the better exclusive games. Lems aren't fooling anyone when they say X1 has better exclusives based solely on a couple underwhelming launch titles like Ryse and Dead Rising 3. When the real exclusives hit for each system, Sony will come out on top once again.

Then there's price. Why is the Xbone more expensive than the Ps4 if it's so much weaker? Why is the box so much bigger if it's so much weaker? It's quite laughable, really.

I agree with everything you said except the part with the DS4 being the best controller of all time. I still think the 360 controller was the best, but the DS4 is a very, very close second. The XB1 controller is just a steaming pile of crap that's worse than the DS3.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By arkephonic

@gameofthering:

That's a good point, although I think that if they were the same price, people would still choose the PS4 because it's more powerful. For example, if I was offered a GTX 780 for the same price as a GTX 480, I think I'm getting the GTX 780.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

Price difference has the most impact on Xbone sales. Negative DRM publicity also did damage.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I would agree that E3 and price are important reasons. Not the only reasons....but importants.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

I like Kinect so stopped reading after you said nobody wants it. Instantly realised its another fanboy post.

The single biggest reason people are buying PS4 is price.

The second is the fact people just don't like Microsoft.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

the only reasons are the hundred dollar price difference and lingering effects from E3. most people don't even know about the things you posted. the thing is there will maybe be a shift towards the XB1 anyway if Sony doesnt start getting games out here. if they don't and Microsoft continues to announce/release more full retail/triple A exclusives then the bullshit hype the ps4 is riding on will just be bullshit. and all that fantasy nonsense you wrote...that lasted way too long...will just be what it is and still not matter a lick to the general consumer.

the XB1 was last heard of having close too 4 million sold a month or so ago. yes, its being outsold, but its not being slaughtered. things could shift really easily.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

1) $100 price difference

2) the public becoming more informed

3) Most core early adopters hate Kinect. If they didn't design the X1 around Kinect and force you to swallow it, it would be doing better even with the price difference.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

I like Kinect so stopped reading after you said nobody wants it. Instantly realised its another fanboy post.

The single biggest reason people are buying PS4 is price.

The second is the fact people just don't like Microsoft.

Way to show a bias....

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

- $100 that's the only difference, the cows have abandoned the PS3 and jumped to PS4 hence the heavily front loaded sales.Many xbox 360 owners are still enjoy their Xbox. They will upgrade eventually. Mark my words, PS4 sales will fall off the cliff in the coming months.

This ^ ^ ^ ^ for the most part. The main reason the XB1 is losing is sales are:

1. Price - It's 100$ more and most gamers don't want the Kinect.

2. Bad Hype & Rep: It got a lot of bad hype before it launched. M$ reveal was a disaster and even though their E3 was better, biased fanboys still kept harping on the bad reveal, while M$ was talking about exclusive games and new IP's. The $500 price announcement didn't help either.

3. Hasn't Launched Everywhere Yet: Microsoft XB1 has only launched in 14 countries compared to the PS4 being in 43 countries. Many countries in Europe favor the PS4. Japan is easily favored for PS4 as well, where Microsoft has yet to launch in.

4. Gamers Playing Waiting Game: Xbox 360 owners are waiting for more killer games to come to XB1 and a price drop. Same way Ps2 owners waited for the PS3 to get a price cut and release the PS3 Slim. Once that happens, the flood gates will open and sales will increase.

5. Not Enough Exclusive Games Yet: There is just not enough quality exclusive released yet for most gamers. They don't think it's the right time to buy one. By this time next year, that will probably change.

It obviously doesn't have anything to do with the systems power or specs like arkephonic thinks. Need proof? The Wii and PS2 were both weaker then their competition the last two generation and they both won handlily. So you can pretty much ignore most of his BLOG opinion. Only a hardcore gamers look or care about specs and power. Casual gamer, which make up the bulk of gamers could care less. They care about the games and how great they play.

He asks the question, "Why is XB1 $100 more when it's the weaker system." Is Microsoft this stupid to create a weaker system and charge $100 more or does M$ have a few surprises in the near future that will define the price? Time will tell.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@arkephonic said:

Why you re-created same thread? You already made 5 thread with same names and same stuff. STOP CREATING THREADS. MODS, LOCK THIS. WE GOT THIS THREAD ALREADY

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@Scipio8: nobody's abandoned the ps3. Including Sony. Games will continue to be released...just like ps2. Ms dumps support for their consoles the moment the new one hits the shelves.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 arkephonic

@tymeservesfate:

Makes sense, but I would bet my life on it that Sony ends up with the best exclusive games this gen. It's just a matter of time. Good games have development cycles, and it's totally reasonable for any system to not release the high profile games within the first year. This is early console adoption 101, they never have anything to play outside of the n64 with Mario 64 and Xbox with Halo or a Snes with Mario World. Early adopters usually know good games take time. I mean, if the PS4 had no devs working on games, I'd be worried. Luckily, it's the opposite. They have the best devs in the world currently making games for the PS4. Let's not act like this is how it's going to be 7 years from now.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Price makes all the difference when you have two consoles that are very similar. Wii U is an exception because regardless of its cheaper price point nobody is interested in that garbage.

Acez626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Acez626
Member since 2006 • 690 Posts

The fact that this thread is still open shows what a joke system wars has become

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I dont think price is the main factor here. Other consoles in the past have come out with a low price point, and were not as successful, Dreamcast,Gamecube, and the Wii U. I think its the bad press MS got at E3 last year that has hurt the xbox image.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@arkephonic said:

Why you re-created same thread? You already made 5 thread with same names and same stuff. STOP CREATING THREADS. MODS, LOCK THIS. WE GOT THIS THREAD ALREADY

can't wait until you get banned again

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

@arkephonic said:

@gameofthering:

That's a good point, although I think that if they were the same price, people would still choose the PS4 because it's more powerful. For example, if I was offered a GTX 780 for the same price as a GTX 480, I think I'm getting the GTX 780.

I agree, but would also add that if M$ made Kinect optional as well, that too would serve to boost X1 sales. Lower price + no Kinect = sale (in my case, anyway).

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Funny thing is, PS4 now has DRM. It is in PSN's EULA:

You must not resell either Disc-based Software or Software Downloads, unless expressly authorised by us and, if the publisher is another company, additionally by the publisher.

I know Sony went on to publicly say they don't prevent us from reselling our games per se but THEY DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO WHENEVER THEY WANT.

Does Xbox One have it? AFAIK it doesn't.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@arkephonic said:

can't wait until you get banned again

banned again? i never was banned. You get banned for creating same thread 5 time every day!!!!

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

- Price

- Bad rep from E3/good PR from Sony

- Forced Kinext

- NSA rumors

Those are the biggest reasons I see why the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One (despite having a lackluster library compared to Xbox One's currently). So far everyone I've spoken to said they'll go PS4 "when it has more games."

Maybe a couple people I know have expressed interest in Xbox One but that's it. It's a little frightening too see how bad Microsoft's PR has been since some of my friends still think the Xbox One requires a 24-hour check-in and doesn't support used games (even after I told them Microsoft removed everything, they said, "So they changed it in a simple patch? What's to stop them from changing it back in the future then?"

I remember rumors last year after Gamescom that Microsoft was going to hold a big press conference to "re-introduce" the Xbox One. They should have. I don't think Microsoft appreciates how bad the PR press was at E3.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Sorry, but you're wrong. Heres why the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One.

Its cheaper.

Simple as that.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

The price doesn't hurt... but that is not the only reason. I still say that the BIGGEST reason was bad press. It reached the biggest sources on the internet, and most casual gamers don't look beyond that. Mom and dad get online and see. "Xbox One is a spybox" "Xbox always online" and other things like that and it killed that hipster hype. MS will do just fine with the X1 but it will finish in 2nd place this gen. Crystal ball? Yep.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@DrRockso87 said:

Maybe a couple people I know have expressed interest in Xbox One but that's it. It's a little frightening too see how bad Microsoft's PR has been since some of my friends still think the Xbox One requires a 24-hour check-in and doesn't support used games (even after I told them Microsoft removed everything, they said, "So they changed it in a simple patch? What's to stop them from changing it back in the future then?"

I also know a couple of people who - month or two ago still thought always-online policy and no reselling were the case. Most casuals aren't really into nuances. They have very general, rudimentary knowledge of what's going on. I know some people who are gamers, and didn't even know that PS4 was out.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

nice opinion piece

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@arkephonic Go away u pansy ass. This forum was better without you.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Ps4 is outselling the Xbox One because it's simply the better console.

Price isn't a factor,

If it was PS3 wouldn't have outsold the Xbox 360.

People were snapping up 570 Infamous bundles over a Cheaper Xbox One with a free 60 dollar game included.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

-Price

-Underpowered hardware

-Kinect

-Extremely horrendous PR surrounding the console

-Lack of games

-Smarter consumers nowadays

These are all factors holding back the Xbone

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 arkephonic

@tyloss:

That's a good point. The PS3 outsold the 360 despite being more expensive and releasing a full year later. This leads me to believe that price isn't a determining factor. Ps4 is selling better simply because it's the superior product.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@arkephonic said:

@gameofthering:

The difference between the 2 consoles is nowhere near the difference between those 2 gpu's. GTX 780 is about 200% more powerful than a 480.

At same price it would be very close. A lot of peoples choice would come down to which controller they like better. And of course which exclusives they like better.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

LOL LACK OF GAMES?

your shitting me haz? X1 games are far better then PS4

its 100% purely the price is why the sales are so far ahead. Maybe 75% price and 25% word of mouth but that's it. Same reason PS3 blew chunks at first

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@arkephonic: LMAO...

Show me where XBL is worse than PSN. If you are going to let PSN win because they have more free games then you have absolutely no say in this comparison...

Show me where the Xbox One controller is a step back....... I mean c’mon PS4 controller is good but not as good as the XB360 controller even..... yes the trackpad is innovative etc......

I have to agree with you on the best first party developers.... Sony has a lot of good ones.....

Although MS has some new younger developers, let’s hope that they can show us what they can do......

"The rate at which PS4 gets superior multiplats is even far greater than the 360's advantage was over the PS3."

Go check out the difference between PS3 and Xbox 360 for games like Batman Arkham Asylum, Transformers Fall Of Cybertron ( gamespot’s review clearly says that the PS3 is bad ) ..... http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/gta-5-ps3-vs-xbox-360-graphics-comparison-1978520/

Firstly, if you are going to throw something like COD Ghosts..... it’s poorly optimised and looks crap even on PC........ NO COMPARISON...

I wouldn’t go against the PS4>XBO in terms of hardware.... but DDR3 is slower than GDDR5 but ESRAM is a lot faster than GDDR5 and that why ESRAM is so expensive.....

So no it ain’t "slow ass RAM” that is the problem but the way ESRAM is implemented.... Sadly no developer that has released a game on XBO has implemented any of the Tiling tricks and you can clearly see it....... It’s not about the hardware here but what the software can do with a game while having a certain piece of hardware......

6gb textures in 16gb.... (hardware is becoming less relevant although there should still be some relevance of course......)

Apparently DX12 will do real time ray tracing which will theoretically blow up both the PS4 and Xbox One combined if they tried to do that..... You are going to need to stack GPU’s or buy a Gtx780ti ( I’m not entirely sure from which GPU class you can do that feature but I’m pretty sure you are gonna have to pay some bucks )

PRICE?

This is where TV,XBL quality service, apps,kinect, multitasking comes in..... and that out sums PS4 because PS4 is just a hardware upgrade....

The reason why I am questioning your PSN is better statement is because I myself prefer XBL over PSN...

That’s why I will play Multiplatforms and XBO exclusives on Xbox One and all of dem PS4 exclusives will be played on my PS4........ ( can’t friggin’ wait for dat Infamous: Second Son )

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MisterXMedia

@RR360DD said:

Sorry, but you're wrong. Heres why the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One.

Its cheaper.

Simple as that.

Keep deluding yourself.

Not only is the PS4 cheaper, but it is also vastly more powerful than the Xbone. Plus, the OS doesn't lag like a turtle like the Xbone's. Xbone still suffers from the same problems as last-gen consoles: Slow install times, linear 720p games, last-gen graphics, slow download speeds (Worse than PS3's download speeds), and laggy multiplayer due to shitty netcodes.

The PS4 is the ONLY current-gen console that fixes all or most of the problems that last-gen consoles have. Xbone fixed nothing. The Xbone is like a playstation 3.1.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

LOL, look at all the butthurt you bring arkephonic.

And you just summed up facts.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MisterXMedia

@acp_45 said:

@arkephonic: LMAO...

Show me where XBL is worse than PSN. If you are going to let PSN win because they have more free games then you have absolutely no say in this comparison...

Show me where the Xbox One controller is a step back....... I mean c’mon PS4 controller is good but not as good as the XB360 controller even..... yes the trackpad is innovative etc......

I have to agree with you on the best first party developers.... Sony has a lot of good ones.....

Although MS has some new younger developers, let’s hope that they can show us what they can do......

"The rate at which PS4 gets superior multiplats is even far greater than the 360's advantage was over the PS3."

Go check out the difference between PS3 and Xbox 360 for games like Batman Arkham Asylum, Transformers Fall Of Cybertron ( gamespot’s review clearly says that the PS3 is bad ) ..... http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/gta-5-ps3-vs-xbox-360-graphics-comparison-1978520/

Firstly, if you are going to throw something like COD Ghosts..... it’s poorly optimised and looks crap even on PC........ NO COMPARISON...

I wouldn’t go against the PS4>XBO in terms of hardware.... but DDR3 is slower than GDDR5 but ESRAM is a lot faster than GDDR5 and that why ESRAM is so expensive.....

So no it ain’t "slow ass RAM” that is the problem but the way ESRAM is implemented.... Sadly no developer that has released a game on XBO has implemented any of the Tiling tricks and you can clearly see it....... It’s not about the hardware here but what the software can do with a game while having a certain piece of hardware......

6gb textures in 16gb.... (hardware is becoming less relevant although there should still be some relevance of course......)

Apparently DX12 will do real time ray tracing which will theoretically blow up both the PS4 and Xbox One combined if they tried to do that..... You are going to need to stack GPU’s or buy a Gtx780ti ( I’m not entirely sure from which GPU class you can do that feature but I’m pretty sure you are gonna have to pay some bucks )

PRICE?

This is where TV,XBL quality service, apps,kinect, multitasking comes in..... and that out sums PS4 because PS4 is just a hardware upgrade....

The reason why I am questioning your PSN is better statement is because I myself prefer XBL over PSN...

That’s why I will play Multiplatforms and XBO exclusives on Xbox One and all of dem PS4 exclusives will be played on my PS4........ ( can’t friggin’ wait for dat Infamous: Second Son )

Until Xbone's multiplayer stops lagging more than PS4's multiplayer, until the download speeds are on par with PS4's PSN download speeds, and until I can actually find a decent amount of players in multiplayer on XBL(Check BF4 player count. Xbone is at 30k while the PS4 is at 60k), PSN is superior to XBL.

I never expected the PSN to surpass XBL this gen. I thought SONY would close the gap, but to surpass it is truly an astonishing feat on Microsoft's part. How could anyone screw things up this badly?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Performance per dollar of the ps4 is unmatched in gaming. Period. This is why it's the recommended gaming device. If we compare systems like they do system requirements on pc, xbone would be minimum. Ps4 is recommended. PC is optimal.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

So many long winded explanations. No there are only 3 reasons.

1. Price

2. People see that Sony didn't ditch their prior consoles

3. People see that Sony produced the best exclusives games during the generation.

NOTE:

Generally people are NOT informed about the specs or power differences between these new machines nor do they know about all of the E3 xbone backlash. Only us video game thirsty nerds who are constantly looking for new information on games and such are aware of those things. If people really knew about all of that, xbone sales would honestly be a lot less.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

The ps4 is the better console as far as everything that is why. If it weren't for shortages and the ps4 was more readily available there would be no reason for people to buy the xbone besides brand loyalty. Name me one thing the xbone does better?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Krelian-co

@Celtic_34 said:

The ps4 is the better console as far as everything that is why. If it weren't for shortages and the ps4 was more readily available there would be no reason for people to buy the xbone besides brand loyalty. Name me one thing the xbone does better?

it has a feature that lets you watch tv on your tv!

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#45  Edited By Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1578 Posts

The top 10 reasons are.....

1) It's a Sony console, not a Microsoft console

2) Its a Playstation, not an Xbox

3) A Playstation 4 is a gamers console, not a TV remote, An Xbox One is a TV remote, not a gamers console

4) Playstation 4 is next gen, Xbox One is last gen

5) Playstation 4 has a better controller, Xbox One controller is something you would use to unclog a toilet.

6) Playstation 4 is like Batman, awesome, serious and pure epic, Xbox is like Robin, i don't even want to go there......

7) Playstation 4 is cheaper, powerful, high resolution and pure sexy, Xbox One is expencive, weak, low resolution and pure garbage.

8) Smart, intelligent people will buy a Playstation 4. Trolls, cows, lemmings, goats, sheeps, donkeys, monkeys and Justin Bieber fans will buy an Xbox One

9) Playstation 4 has no Kinect, Xbox One does (points and laughs)

10) A Playstation 4 is sexy and the whole world knows it, Xbox One is like the E.T video game, its something we can't look at, play or even talk about.......

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

@arkephonic said:

Bullshit , both are crap, PS4 is just a little bit better, it's already struggling to hold a stable frame rate at 1080P and it will be worse later in the gen.

No real cutting edge hardware is used in any new console for the first time and I blame Nintendo !

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

Especially if Sony doesn't drop some major exclusives either.

Also, the free online is likely another contributing factor besides the $100 lower price tag.

Neither the Bone nor the PS4 have even a decent lineup of exclusive games worth owning either for right now. And it amazes me so many people have bought either so quickly.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

This ^ ^ ^ ^ for the most part. The main reason the XB1 is losing is sales are:

1. Price - It's 100$ more and most gamers don't want the Kinect.

2. Bad Hype & Rep: It got a lot of bad hype before it launched. M$ reveal was a disaster and even though their E3 was better, biased fanboys still kept harping on the bad reveal, while M$ was talking about exclusive games and new IP's. The $500 price announcement didn't help either.

3. Hasn't Launched Everywhere Yet: Microsoft XB1 has only launched in 14 countries compared to the PS4 being in 43 countries. Many countries in Europe favor the PS4. Japan is easily favored for PS4 as well, where Microsoft has yet to launch in.

4. Gamers Playing Waiting Game: Xbox 360 owners are waiting for more killer games to come to XB1 and a price drop. Same way Ps2 owners waited for the PS3 to get a price cut and release the PS3 Slim. Once that happens, the flood gates will open and sales will increase.

5. Not Enough Exclusive Games Yet: There is just not enough quality exclusive released yet for most gamers. They don't think it's the right time to buy one. By this time next year, that will probably change.

It obviously doesn't have anything to do with the systems power or specs like arkephonic thinks. Need proof? The Wii and PS2 were both weaker then their competition the last two generation and they both won handlily. So you can pretty much ignore most of his BLOG opinion. Only a hardcore gamers look or care about specs and power. Casual gamer, which make up the bulk of gamers could care less. They care about the games and how great they play.

He asks the question, "Why is XB1 $100 more when it's the weaker system." Is Microsoft this stupid to create a weaker system and charge $100 more or does M$ have a few surprises in the near future that will define the price? Time will tell.

I couldn't agree with this more.

My personal feelings on this is that the X1 hasn't gotten it's definitive game yet. (OG Xbox was Halo/Ninja Gaiden, 360 was Gears while X1 is just launching new IPs altogether that to be honest, hasn't really embodied that Xbox feeling)

The E3 damage still sticks in the mind of some gamers, believe me, my friends list had quite the mixed reaction about X1; and Microsoft handled the rumors terribly by not addressing the elephant in the room. (they put the update on xboxdotcom which was really stupid)

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I love how every day there is a new thread where cow fanboys are going "here's why ps4 sells more" and starts off with 'more powerful hardware" and at that point i always stop reading.

Has no games. booooring.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Krelian-co
@Phazevariance said:

I love how every day there is a new thread where cow fanboys are going "here's why ps4 sells more" and starts off with 'more powerful hardware" and at that point i always stop reading.

Truth hurts.