Here is a major problem with next generation games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kidtendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kidtendo
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts

They re-use the same textues, voiceovers and artwork over and over again. It gets ridiculous. Here are a few examples:

Assassins Creed- I'm halfway through the game and bored out of my mind. You do the same thing over and over and over. Go to the top of the roof, scout, then either pickpocket, beat up, or rescue people from being killed. After doing each of these for 100 times it gets real stinking old. I'm so sick of doing, seeing, and hearing the sam repetivie crap I'm giving up and trading this game in.

Mass Effect- I love this game and at times is the best rpg of all time. However, It too has the same repetiitive crap. When you start exploring the planents you will quickly learn that they have the same landscape but different colors. The only different environments are the main quests but even then they look alike. Alot of repetitive.

I could name another 25 more if I wanted to go in great detail. It seems to save time they use the same crap over and over again and it does take away from the expierence.

True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
Assassins Creed - You haven't sold tis crap yet?
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
The problem with next gen games is that they take 3 years or more to make and cost so much to develop that only the big guys can make em...assuming it doesn't drive them in the red.
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

Games have always been that way. I haven't noticed it as much this gen because textures are more varied and better than ever. I can't complain.:?

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

It's the development costs.

How often do you see aFPS game of Half Life 2 length? Which was around 20 hours. You don't. In my mind the only game since Half Life 2 to be really, and I mean really worth your money was Resident Evil 4, because it was a long - 24 hours - and good game.

You see a lot of repetative stuff now a days because developers don't have the money to make more levels. I hate backtracking, always have. Developers find that making a level with a lot of puzzles that you have to keep coming back to beat, to be a great cost cutting method.

Look at God of War 2for example, a game with little or no back tracking, and it's only like 8 to 10 hours long. Then you look at a game like Devil May Cry 3 which has a lot of backtracking and is around 15 to 18 hours. At times, I think the action adventure genre can get away with that, but enough is enough.

MunkeySpunk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MunkeySpunk69
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts
it hasn't been "next-gen" in over a year and a half
fartranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fartranger
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts

It's the development costs.

How often do you see aFPS game of Half Life 2 length? Which was around 20 hours. You don't. In my mind the only game since Half Life 2 to be really, and I mean really worth your money was Resident Evil 4, because it was a long - 24 hours - and good game.

You see a lot of repetative stuff now a days because developers don't have the money to make more levels. I hate backtracking, always have. Developers find that making a level with a lot of puzzles that you have to keep coming back to beat, to be a great cost cutting method.

Look at God of War 2for example, a game with little or no back tracking, and it's only like 8 to 10 hours long. Then you look at a game like Devil May Cry 3 which has a lot of backtracking and is around 15 to 18 hours. At times, I think the action adventure genre can get away with that, but enough is enough.

elbow2k

You are so right about God of war 2, I very much dislike the fact of backtracking in a game.

Beech101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Beech101
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

it hasn't been "next-gen" in over a year and a halfMunkeySpunk69

Until new consoles are announced I highly doubt that you'll see people stop referring to this gen as "next gen" anytime soon.

soulsofblayck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soulsofblayck
Member since 2006 • 1591 Posts

[QUOTE="MunkeySpunk69"]it hasn't been "next-gen" in over a year and a halfBeech101

Until new consoles are announced I highly doubt that you'll see people stop referring to this gen as "next gen" anytime soon.

Agreed. I find it very annoying when people state this.