Help Save Nintendo

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i grew up with sega genesis but have to give props to nintendo so purely for old time sake wat to you think nintendo should do because its clear wiiu is a complete flop

a. become 3rd party - they could become the biggest 3rd party in the world easily

b. release new console - no idea how feasible this idea is

c. set up nintendo charity - people can donate money to them, every dollar helps

i think they should become 3rd party unless they can produce a wii hd with vr for a good price, that would be revolutionary

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

lol? Fvck nintendo ...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

How about an unofficial option d. *releases the cage letting Nintendo IP's, hiatus and alive, run free*

And... become the biggest third party? Not while EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, WB, Capcom and Activision hold that title with games that appeal to the other systems audiences.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Or you could just take Nintendo's Surveys and tell them how you actually feel about their Products.

OH but that would require you to actually BUY their games now wouldn't it?

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Lol Nintendo aren't close to bankruptcy. Sony and MS are closer to that. They will be fine

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

A new console would not help them, that would only show insecurity and no futureproof.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

Are they not profitable? That's a genuine question. Their R&D team never green lights hardware that won't be profitable. When it comes to comparing the Wii U to the Wii, then they are definitely not as profitable, and never will be. They are still making money though.

----------

Problems.

The Wii U appears to be in an unfortunate slump. Reasons being:

1.) The Wii U name is confusing to the casual market. I'm betting many casual consumers assume the Wii U is a marginal upgrade, or minor variance, to the Wii, much like the what the iPhone 5S is to the iPhone 5C.

2.) Small increase in hardware for graphics. On top of that, the prospect of much more powerful hardware for PS4 and XBO.

3.) Nintendo's core fanbase may not be large enough to solely sustain them.

4.) The price. Just way, way too high for the market.

5.) Tablet / touch screen gaming for the Wii U is really nifty, yielding creative input for games, but it's not what the original Wii's casual user base wants. I reckon many of them are opting to reserve their touch screen gaming to the iPad, Galaxy Tab, and mobile phones. The Wii U's main attraction is something that can be found elsewhere, albeit you won't get games as complex on a tablet.

Many casual gamers, such as a few of my friends, and some family members, were put off by the tablet concept. They all said, "why the heck would I play that, this isn't an iPad." or "I can play games on my phone and also make calls." This may reflect a good percentage of the mainstream consumer, and / or the sheer stranglehold in popularity Apple has on touch screen gaming.

6.) Terrible online support. All multiplayer is local. This sucks, because Nintendo literally refuses to adapt. Social is booming. Humans are social creatures, point blank.

----------

Solutions.

All of the above points rendered the Wii U's perceived value to minimal worth, sadly. Now, I'm no economist, so I can only offer some personal solutions for what Nintendo can possibly do to turn things around.

a.) Make new games outside of Mario and Zelda. I'm talking their EAD studio, not some studio they bought, like Monolith. Get some more core exclusives like the Gamecube had with Resident Evil 4. Actually, that may be what Bayonetta is for them, I just don't think it'll sell well. Kamiya is an honorable guy for supporting the Wii U, lol.

b.) Better advertise and promote interest for the mainstream consumer, which seems to have been a difficult process so far.

c.) Lower the damn price. This should be number one. Is the tablet controller that expensive to produce? From what I remember reading last year, this was the main reason the launch price was so high.

d.) Be patient and take their losses, and begin internal development on a new console, which I'm certain they are. But of course don't give up completely on the Wii U.

e.) In the future, better interpret the market for both core and casual consumers. Make huge strides in online gaming! Reevaluate their philosophical approach, perhaps?

----------

I don't know if I'd like to see them go multiplat. I also don't think they're in that bad of a position to have to develop for Sony and Microsoft. Maybe they have to take the Wii U on the chin and keep going forward. They'll be fine in the long haul as they always seem to flip shit around when things look dire :).

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

"If we talk about its revenue then it is the world’s largest video gaming company.

The actual meaning of the name Nintendo is “Leave luck to heaven” and the latest statistics suggest that it has sold over 659.03 million hardware units and around 4.15 billion software units."

http://nysepost.com/the-81m-loss-for-this-quarter-reported-by-nintendo-co-ltd-adr-otcmktsntdoy-12634

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Nintendo needs to rethink their entire console strategy. If the Wii U continues to struggle then they may be forced to make a new console earlier than expected. They're going to be buried in last place this gen very soon. I just hope their next console wont be so much behind in power next time. But if their next gen console fails like the Wii U did then I can see them going 3rd party while continuing to make their own handhelds. Atleast they're successful in the handheld market to tide them over.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#10 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

You jelly Wii U is king?

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@nintendoboy16: mario can sell millions on ps4/x1, most people are just not willing to buy a system to play mario or other nintendo games. well not any more. knack sold a few million on ps3 alone and thats a new ip, imagine something of mario/zelda calibre.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

keep handheld support. ALL their home console support goes third party...

NO one can match their handhelds

their consoles just plain out suck... Games may be good but their systems out right suck.... would easily sell MILLIONS on pc/x1/ps4

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Or you could just take Nintendo's Surveys and tell them how you actually feel about their Products.

lol surveys ~ I don't think it's hard to understand the gaming industry on how to build a console...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendoboy16

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@nintendoboy16: mario can sell millions on ps4/x1, most people are just not willing to buy a system to play mario or other nintendo games. well not any more. knack sold a few million on ps3 alone and thats a new ip, imagine something of mario/zelda calibre.

I doubt it because, like I said, different audience appeals.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ghostwarrior786

@princessgomez92 said:

You jelly Wii U is king?

yeah wiiu is king lol its lifetime sales got obliterated in 1 day bro, the real king is back

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PrincessGomez92

@ghostwarrior786:

Lol sales. How's the games?

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ghostwarrior786

@princessgomez92 said:

@ghostwarrior786:

u tell me, do ninty fans still enjoy mario/zelda rehashes? ninty games are for kids, they dont appeal to me

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Well if that's the case, then that is one ignorant way to get surveys done. So the only people going to take those surveys are people that like and own their product. So the people they actually need to take them (those not buying the product), never do.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AmazonTreeBoa

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@ghostwarrior786:

u tell me, do ninty fans still enjoy mario/zelda rehashes? ninty games are for kids, they dont appeal to me

^Insecure manchild detected.

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PrincessGomez92

@ghostwarrior786:

Right, you're one of those idiots.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ghostwarrior786

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@ghostwarrior786:

haha yeah, the opposite of man child will be someone who plays kiddy nintendo games like yourself right? its time to grow up

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: Nintendo would rather go bankrupt trying than go 3rd party. Ironically, at that point, you would finally get your wish.

At this point, I'm starting to think you rather see Nintendo run to the ground, because all three of them are terrible decisions for obvious reasons.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

It takes a minimum of two consecutive console flops to force a console maker into becoming software based. Nintendo only had 1 big failure so far. And they made it big last gen, so it sorta cancels each other out. I don't think Nintendo is really digging deep into their coffers just yet. If the successor to the Wii U fails too, then we can start talking. But personally, I think Nintendo will need to fail 3 times in a row for any major change to happen. Sega went down under after the Saturn and Dreamcast failed. Nintendo is bigger than Sega. Surely they won't go down as easily.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

You must live in a fools paradise if you actually believe their surveys would matter. Nintendo has a long track record of just doing whatever the hell they want, and of doing just the same old thing. If Nintendo actually paid attention to its customer base they would have released a compilation of the mother games that its fanbase had been begging for for a decade now. Hell there have been fanbases that did the entire translation for Nintendo and offered it to them, they did all the work.

And why would someone buy games they don't want just to support a company? I would be willing to buy more Nintendo games if they didn't keep such a strangle hold on the MSRP. Would I like to play Mario kart wiiu? Sure I would but Im not paying 50 or 60 when it comes out just to play the same old game they have been making for like 12 years. I want to play pokemon Y but Im not paying 40 bucks for it since its the same old pokemon game with a fresh coat of graphical paint, and those prices will be the same in a year. I like Nintendo games but they are always the exact same sequels, spinoffs and remakes as they have always been and I cant justify paying 50 bucks for the 113th Mario game where its new feature is a new suit you can wear.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Nintendo......lol Wii eww.....lololol

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Help Save Nintendo

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Gargus said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

You must live in a fools paradise if you actually believe their surveys would matter. Nintendo has a long track record of just doing whatever the hell they want, and of doing just the same old thing. If Nintendo actually paid attention to its customer base they would have released a compilation of the mother games that its fanbase had been begging for for a decade now. Hell there have been fanbases that did the entire translation for Nintendo and offered it to them, they did all the work.

And why would someone buy games they don't want just to support a company? I would be willing to buy more Nintendo games if they didn't keep such a strangle hold on the MSRP. Would I like to play Mario kart wiiu? Sure I would but Im not paying 50 or 60 when it comes out just to play the same old game they have been making for like 12 years. I want to play pokemon Y but Im not paying 40 bucks for it since its the same old pokemon game with a fresh coat of graphical paint, and those prices will be the same in a year. I like Nintendo games but they are always the exact same sequels, spinoffs and remakes as they have always been and I cant justify paying 50 bucks for the 113th Mario game where its new feature is a new suit you can wear.

If Nintendo actually listened to their dumbass consumer base, they would have gone bankrupt 10 years ago.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ghostwarrior786

@hiphops_savior: so what are u suggesting? wiiu is dead, plain and simple. there is no way it is coming back, the sooner ninty drop it the better. unless they can produce a unique console experience like they did with wii i think they should go 3rd party

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

@nintendoboy16: You underestimate the broad audience of PS owners. Ratchet and Clank sells, so Mario can

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@hiphops_savior: so what are u suggesting? wiiu is dead, plain and simple. there is no way it is coming back, the sooner ninty drop it the better. unless they can produce a unique console experience like they did with wii i think they should go 3rd party

Because dropping the Wii U right now will do far more damage to the brand than letting the Wii U run its course ever will. Like I said, Nintendo will go 3rd party...when it's bankrupt and its IP sold to the highest bidder.

My suggestion is that Nintendo has no choice but to let the Wii U run its course, come hell or high water.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@ghostwarrior786:

haha yeah, the opposite of man child will be someone who plays kiddy nintendo games like yourself right? its time to grow up

It's okay insecure manchild, your mind will catch up to your age someday.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ghostwarrior786

@AmazonTreeBoa: the 2 people with selina gomez sigs are ninty fans haha who would of thought. its for kids get over it, maybe u will grow up someday and understand

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: the 2 people with selina gomez sigs are ninty fans haha who would of thought. its for kids get over it, maybe u will grow up someday and understand

Yeah, everyone should grow up so they can play super easy games that last less than 10 hours on the playstation 4. Only grownups like games with guns. No kids allowed on those.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

They should go 3rd party. I'd play Mario on my PS4 and I know a ton of people that would too. I like their games it's just that their hardware really sucks and I can't be bothered buying a hitty hardware for a handful of Nintendo IPs and horrendous 3rd party ports.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ghostwarrior786

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

I get it, you are insecure. This is something you are just going to have to deal with throughout your life.

why are u posting pics of yourself in this thread? there is a dedicated thread of that in sw

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Nintendo brought lame-gimmicky motion gaming. When Nintendo started going the gimmicky route instead of making good hardware is when I lost respect for them.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Gargus said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

The Surveys Nintendo puts out usually tell Nintendo what their Audience wants.

Some of the Surveys I've gotten have mentioned the Rainfall games (Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower), Online Interface of their Systems, and Overall Game Quality of their games and 3rd Party (if the code is available).

If you really cared on what you want Nintendo to do you should be partaking in these Surveys AND you should start posting your concerns on Miiverse.

Since Nintendo isn't changing things to what you want them to bring, then it's obvious what's going on. The Audience is satisfied with Nintendo's Offerings.

You know what happened on Operation Rainfall? Many users Bickered and Commented and Tweeted on all of Nintendo's Web Pages and they got the Games Localized. Europe even had special mentions for the games for their Club Nintendo Reward (those who registered all 3 games got 3 gold coins with the game's Logo on them).

So Why isn't Nintendo bringing out a Super HD Console to the market? Why isn't Nintendo EAD making M rated Games? Why isn't Nintendo etc, etc, etc....

It's because the Nintendo Audience is SATISFIED with what they have. Their Problem is people who are NOT in their Audience. They can't reach out to them, so what do you do? You TELL THEM!
Do what OP Rainfall did and Send ACTUAL LETTERS to Nintendo, Spam Miiverse, Spam their Facebook, Spam their whatevers just to get the message out that what they're doing is not enough.

If you won't do that then you simply didn't care in the first place. You're not a fan of Nintendo.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

I get it, you are insecure. This is something you are just going to have to deal with throughout your life.

why are u posting pics of yourself in this thread? there is a dedicated thread of that in sw

That's the image your mom emailed me of you last night, stop trying to front.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ghostwarrior786

@AmazonTreeBoa: thats such a great comeback haha with every post u are proving how much of a 12 year old u are. go back to listening to salina gomez kid you are not old enough to be on internet yet

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

pride is the reason Nintendo are in the position they are right now. I remember reading an interview in the 90's when Nintendo was doing bad with the N64 and someone (Yamauchi?) said that they would rather close down the company than selling it or going 3rd party.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: When I get my Wii U I'm definitely using Miiverse to voice my suggestions. Core Nintendo fans don't seem to be complaining much. Why would they? There are some really cool games out for Wii U. I still think there is room for major improvement though.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendoboy16

@Capitan_Kid said:

@nintendoboy16: You underestimate the broad audience of PS owners. Ratchet and Clank sells, so Mario can

Not when you're into alternatives. Just because the PS audience likes Ratchet or Jak, does not mean they'll like Mario.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

All they need to do is actually use the IPs they have. Where is my 2d metroid?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

Not when you're into alternatives. Just because the PS audience likes Ratchet or Jak, does not mean they'll like Mario.

Why wouldn't we like Mario? That's BS excuse from you. If the game is great we'll buy it.

R&C, LBP are good platformers so they sell well on PS. Nintendo makes great platformers that I'm sure would easily sell millions on Playstation hardware. I'd definitely buy Mario if it was on PS4 and I know many people that would too. The problem with Nintendo is that they make shitty hardware, there's nothing wrong with their games, they are masterpieces to be honest.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Just go multiplat and I will save you!

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Little tip Nintendo make more money off gaming than Sony and MS combined.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By nintendoboy16

@I_can_haz said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

Why wouldn't we like Mario? That's BS excuse from you. If the game is great we'll buy it. R&C, LBP are good platformers so they sell well on PS. Nintendo makes great platformers that I'm sure would easily sell millions on Playstation hardware. I'd definitely buy Mario if it was on PS4 and I know many people that would too. The problem with Nintendo is that they make shitty hardware, there's nothing wrong with their games, they are masterpieces to be honest.

I'm sorry, but I thought cows have outgrown Mario? You know, that kiddy franchise your kind likes to lambast for being kiddy?

And once again, just because you're into one game in the same genre, doesn't mean you'll get into the other. Considering PS owners have expressed their MAJOR favor for LittleBIG/Jak/Ratchet/Sly, I have serious doubts you'd treat Mario the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#50 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Stick with Wii U, release a new console in 2016 that, like the Dreamcast, offers a clear step up from the PS4 and the Xbox One, and try again with the next console cycle because it is clear they are out of the game with this console cycle.