Heavenly Sword will be AAA. QUOTE ME!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RagingBull25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RagingBull25
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
Heavenly sword will definitly be AAA here. Ive noticed that Gamespot really likes these type of games.  And the game looks amazing! First PS3 Exclusive AAA. A easy 9.0 here if not higher QUOTE ME
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
How about I don't quote you, but we both pretend that I did?
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
ill wait till more gameplay footage comes out but it certainly looks like it could be AAA, its a given AA.
Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 Suyomizzle_
Member since 2005 • 1317 Posts
Heavenly Sword doesn't have space zombies, putting it just out of AAA range.
ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
Heavenly sword will definitly be AAA here. Ive noticed that Gamespot really likes these type of games. And the game looks amazing! First PS3 Exclusive AAA. A easy 9.0 here if not higher QUOTE MERagingBull25
HIT ME! I DAR YA YA!! HIT MEEE!
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

All the games from now on won't even reach A

That the best thing to say to avoid any ownage

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#7 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts
I'm quoting you into my sig.
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Nemacyst
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
Weren't you the kid that sayed Motorstorm flopped because blu-ray has higher standards? That Motorstorm would have gotten a 9.4 if it was on the Xbox360.
DarthLukeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 DarthLukeboy
Member since 2005 • 1922 Posts
Heavenly Sword doesn't have space zombies, putting it just out of AAA range.Suyomizzle_
Definately!
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Nemacyst

Timesplitter14
That only applies to cows. They are getting owned left and right.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
You really should wait til more is shown and known about the game. It looks great graphically no question, and the gameplay mechanics seem to be there, but as a finished product it can still go either way.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Its a generic beat-em-up with mediocre graphics. Good luck.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
Cmon cows hype it AAA :D
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Timesplitter14
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

The_Nemacyst

yeah the Cow's biggest problem is that they can't manage their hype

hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hellsing321
Member since 2005 • 9608 Posts
Didn't you also say Motorstorm would be AAA?
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
No.  Thats ridiculous to think gs will ever stoop so low as to give a ps3 game what it deserves. 
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Nemacyst
[QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

Timesplitter14

I am not a cow, but even I thought Motorstorm would be atleast AA. If you ask me, I agree with the IGN review more. But this is SW, deal with it. Hype for Crackdown was huge, as in Motorstorm huge and the Lemmings got owned. But they moved on with it, but it is people like you that keep lemmings/cow/sheep back from moving on.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
This game will live and die depending on its camera. It seems the scale of the battles changes a lot during the game? I'm not sure yet but it seems to switch from Dynasty Warrior size battles to GOW size battles depending on the circumstances. Yet a lot of the gameplay footage shows her wailing on a single opponent with air combos and whatnot. I dunno. Its the game I've been looking forward to the most in the early days of the PS3 hopefully it will deliver something good.
Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
please just stop, with all the disappointments with the ps3 just be humble and wait for a great game. i own a ps3 and traded in resistence a longgg time ago. On;y thing I play on it is GOW
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Nemacyst
No.  Thats ridiculous to think gs will ever stoop so low as to give a ps3 game what it deserves. 
agentfred
Sigh You people dont know crap about the GS rating system. When they are reviewing a game, they dont automatically go "Oh yeah, Motorstorm will get a 7.9! Because it's not that good" When a reviewer reviews a game, they plug their opinions into the chart. So if the graphics = 9, then they just put in a 9. They don't at all, fix up the chart to find the overall score. After they plug in all the scores, the overall grade comes out. The reviewer, Alex, thought this game was "as fun as an AA" The tilt was AA, and what really bought this game down was the value.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
isnt this the very same dude that said motorstorm would be an AAA?
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hellsing321
Member since 2005 • 9608 Posts
isnt this the very same dude that said motorstorm would be an AAA?lawlessx
It is. He was complaining about how MotorStorm was being under-hyped by cows.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Timesplitter14
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"][QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

The_Nemacyst

I am not a cow, but even I thought Motorstorm would be atleast AA. If you ask me, I agree with the IGN review more. But this is SW, deal with it. Hype for Crackdown was huge, as in Motorstorm huge and the Lemmings got owned. But they moved on with it, but it is people like you that keep lemmings/cow/sheep back from moving on.

why? They can accept the ownage and stop hyping too much. I don't see any problem with that. It's as if you thought I refused the ownage or something

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
isnt this the very same dude that said motorstorm would be an AAA?lawlessx
Yup, and after heavenly sword he will go hype Lair.
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts
If HS flops then Mass Effect will flop too.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]isnt this the very same dude that said motorstorm would be an AAA?hellsing321

underhyped..... :lol: lmao! :lol:
parshanb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 parshanb
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts
Heavenly sword will definitly be AAA here. Ive noticed that Gamespot really likes these type of games.  And the game looks amazing! First PS3 Exclusive AAA. A easy 9.0 here if not higher QUOTE MERagingBull25
you just want your name to be in peoples sig?? well i dont want that .
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
[QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]isnt this the very same dude that said motorstorm would be an AAA?lawlessx

underhyped..... :lol: lmao! :lol:

wait...if he thought it was underhyped, that would mean he wanted the cows to hype it AAAA, unless he said this recently....
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
[QUOTE="agentfred"]No. Thats ridiculous to think gs will ever stoop so low as to give a ps3 game what it deserves.
The_Nemacyst
Sigh You people dont know crap about the GS rating system. When they are reviewing a game, they dont automatically go "Oh yeah, Motorstorm will get a 7.9! Because it's not that good" When a reviewer reviews a game, they plug their opinions into the chart. So if the graphics = 9, then they just put in a 9. They don't at all, fix up the chart to find the overall score. After they plug in all the scores, the overall grade comes out. The reviewer, Alex, thought this game was "as fun as an AA" The tilt was AA, and what really bought this game down was the value.

Sadly, I've been around gs to know that that just isn't how it works.  A reviewer picks a score and forms the individual points around it.  Don't believe me?  Why did wario ware smooth moves get a 9 in graphics then?  Even the most extreme fanboy has to admit that it isnt AAA graphics wise.
youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts

Heavenly sword will definitly be AAA here. Ive noticed that Gamespot really likes these type of games.  And the game looks amazing! First PS3 Exclusive AAA. A easy 9.0 here if not higher QUOTE MERagingBull25

Of course it does look amazing just like motorstorm! Motorstorm didnt flop! oh wait.... Just because the game looks amazing *coughmasseffectcough* doesn't mean its going to get AAA look at motorstorm.  Plus I've looked at the gameplay and the gameplay does not look AAA material. I think its goign to get a mid-AA.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="agentfred"]No. Thats ridiculous to think gs will ever stoop so low as to give a ps3 game what it deserves.
agentfred

Sadly, I've been around gs to know that that just isn't how it works.  A reviewer picks a score and forms the individual points around it.  Don't believe me?  Why did wario ware smooth moves get a 9 in graphics then?  Even the most extreme fanboy has to admit that it isnt AAA graphics wise.

WarioWare deserved a 9 in graphics and I'm a very level headed individual. The various art styles were all very unique, each perfectly used to fit the microgame in question. Further, I dare you to show a console game, out before WarioWare: Smooth Moves, with better 2D animation.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
Yeah, I think so too as long as it has a great story like GOW but I have thus far been very impressed with the gameplay and visuals.
Majatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Majatt
Member since 2004 • 893 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="agentfred"]No. Thats ridiculous to think gs will ever stoop so low as to give a ps3 game what it deserves.
agentfred

Sadly, I've been around gs to know that that just isn't how it works. A reviewer picks a score and forms the individual points around it. Don't believe me? Why did wario ware smooth moves get a 9 in graphics then? Even the most extreme fanboy has to admit that it isnt AAA graphics wise.

Actually I agree with the other guy and disagree with you. I think the fact that they say "hmm I REALLY like warioware's art style and for the Wii this is awesome, Imma give it a 9 for graphics" *plugs score into form* is why the reviews seem so inconsistent. Each aspect is so isolated, even though they scale the score (if you look carefully a score almost never deviates by more then 1 full point from the gameplay score, ie. if it gets 8 for gameplay the range is usually set between 7 and 9 but for a 9 it would have to do insanely well on value and tilt especially) , that just sticking the individual scores in a formula doesn't turn out the right result. Gears is loads of fun and I agree with the individual scores but for me it was more of a 9.2 (using that cuz its so popular), so I kinda like IGN's system but thats not perfect either. Anyway, read the body of the review and never read one. For "teh system wars 0wn4ge!!1!!eleFen!!" sure use the GS score but for real life don't be so closed minded (general statement not directed at quoted poster).
zidura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zidura
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts
I have to say after seeing that footage of Heavenly Sword on Heroes yesterday, I was pretty impressed.  It looked amazing.  Sure, graphcis aren't everything, but they were the best - looking graphics I've ever seen of a game anywhere.  I'm a loyal Xbox 360 user, but I'm telling you, that footage has made me start thinking about saving up for the PS3.  The one thing I didn't like was the gigantic X icon in the middle of the screen for an action - I mean -- it doesn't have to be THAT big does it?