HD remake vs Full Remake

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll HD remake vs Full Remake (40 votes)

HD remake 13%
Full remake 88%

There are usually 2 different type remake games.

1)HD remake. This means everything stays sames, just higher res and frame rate. (Last of Us, Flower)

2)Full remake means game can be same but also a little bit different. Game uses new engine. (Counter-Strike, Halo)

I say HD remake is ripoff and full remake not.

• 
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#51 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Literally the dumbest poll thread TC has made until the next poll thread he makes.

Someone should round up all the misinformed threads of his and show them to GS staff and all mods to get the stupid **** banned. I'm srsly. He is poo.

You are no better with your post.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

The one that gives you a discount if you already own the original version: Metro Redux.

I swear, all remakes should be like that. If you already own it, you should get the remake with 50% discount or more.

Does that include the PC version? Because that is incredibly stupid (For obvious modding reasons) like buying Doom 3:BFG when I already own Doom 3

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@ZombeGoast said:

@parkurtommo said:

The one that gives you a discount if you already own the original version: Metro Redux.

I swear, all remakes should be like that. If you already own it, you should get the remake with 50% discount or more.

Does that include the PC version? Because that is incredibly stupid (For obvious modding reasons) like buying Doom 3:BFG when I already own Doom 3

I'm talking about the steam version specifically. I don't know what you mean, you're saying it's not worth it because you can mod the changes in? Because I sure as hell am not capable of doing that! :P

I'm definitely getting both redux versions, despite already having the originals.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@ZombeGoast said:

@parkurtommo said:

I'm talking about the steam version specifically. I don't know what you mean, you're saying it's not worth it because you can mod the changes in? Because I sure as hell am not capable of doing that! :P

I'm definitely getting both redux versions, despite already having the originals.

Just download the mod and drag and drop them to the main directory.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Please stop making terrible threads.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@ZombeGoast said:

@parkurtommo said:

@ZombeGoast said:

@parkurtommo said:

Just download the mod and drag and drop them to the main directory.

I was not aware there would be a mod that does everything redux will do, or are you just being a condescending douchebag?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

Remake of course

but in this case since you are trying to compare TLOU R to Halo Collection, it's important to point out that TLOU R is the graphically superior product between the two games.

Just saying Remake vs Remaster doesn't do justice to the actual games you are trying to compare here.

That is very debatable. I am curious to see what Halo 4 looks like on the MCC. It already destroys Killzone 3 graphically on 360.

1. You can't debate without proof

Really? because you fanboys do that all the time

Right? What proof has he provided besides being a Sony fanboy?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#60 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@cainetao11 said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

Remake of course

but in this case since you are trying to compare TLOU R to Halo Collection, it's important to point out that TLOU R is the graphically superior product between the two games.

Just saying Remake vs Remaster doesn't do justice to the actual games you are trying to compare here.

That is very debatable. I am curious to see what Halo 4 looks like on the MCC. It already destroys Killzone 3 graphically on 360.

1. You can't debate without proof

Really? because you fanboys do that all the time

Right? What proof has he provided besides being a Sony fanboy?

I support PlayStation but I am still liking the sound of Halo MCC more than TLOU R.

All good. I have bought every playstation released and will this one. Just because I prefer the xbox doesnt mean I hate the others.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#61 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Halo Anniversary is the gold standard on how to make a remake.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

hmm no. its not.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#63 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

hmm no. its not.

My friend, it indeed is the gold standard.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@system-reboot said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

hmm no. its not.

what is meant by gold standard?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@system-reboot said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

hmm no. its not.

That would be REmake.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

HD "remake" isn't a real remake. We should call those what they really are :remaster

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@daious said:

Even Halo is just an HD remake. Its the same game with a new engine.

Full remakes do win though. An example would be the new Goldeneye and similar games in that vein.

How is Halo just an HD remake? It's not only a new engine, it's also the old engine, it runs them both at the same time, AND improved graphics...

How isn't an engine upgrade not an HD remaster? Its the same game. That is not a full remake. Goldeneye on Wii is a true remake.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@daious said:

@FastRobby said:

@daious said:

Full remakes do win though. An example would be the new Goldeneye and similar games in that vein.

How is Halo just an HD remake? It's not only a new engine, it's also the old engine, it runs them both at the same time, AND improved graphics...

How isn't an engine upgrade not an HD remaster? Its the same game. Goldeneye on Wii is a true remake.

It was great having the option to see the game as it was in 2001 on the fly by pressing the select button plus you had all the terminals to find which tells a good story as well not found in the original and added on line options the original lacked as well. 343 did a nice job IMO.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Both have the same audience but one appeals to more than just nostalgic fans. A pure HD re-release of a game is simply a fan service meant to allow fans of the series to play their favorite games on modern systems in HD resolutions.

A remake is trying to broaden the audience in addition to appealing to the fans. The Halo Master Chief Collection is clearly trying to expand the fanbase for Halo as well as sell more Xbox Ones so that Halo 5 has a larger fanbase to sell too.

The Homeworld HD remakes are doing both. There is the HD re-release where it's Homeworld 1 and 2 in their original engines, re-compiled to work on Windows 7/8, and have been upgraded to support modern resolutions. The other version is a total asset rebuild of Homeworld. New graphics engine, new models, new textures, and even new audio from the original audio engineers. It's trying to appeal to PC gamers who missed out on the series instead of just being a nostalgia trip.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@daious said:

@FastRobby said:

@daious said:

How isn't an engine upgrade not an HD remaster? Its the same game. That is not a full remake. Goldeneye on Wii is a true remake.

A full remake is a different story in your opinion? Just the same characters, actually just a new game? Or do you mean also gameplay wise? But they would be idiots to adjust Halo gameplay...

Full remake would just be changes that aren't just a graphical update. If its just a graphical update how can you consider it a "Full" remake and not an HD one?

For instance, in other media, Stars Wars original trilogy re-release in the late 90s was a remaster while King Kong (PJ new release) was consider a remake of an original. Didn't 343 call the collection a remaster? IGN calls it a remaster, gameinformer calls it a remaster. 343 just announced Zanzibar map (at comic-con) to be included and called it a remaster. How isn't it a remaster?

ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

Why not both