HD remake vs Full Remake

  • 74 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3180 posts) 10 months, 2 days ago

Poll: HD remake vs Full Remake (39 votes)

HD remake 13%
Full remake 87%

There are usually 2 different type remake games.

1)HD remake. This means everything stays sames, just higher res and frame rate. (Last of Us, Flower)

2)Full remake means game can be same but also a little bit different. Game uses new engine. (Counter-Strike, Halo)

I say HD remake is ripoff and full remake not.

#1 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3180 posts) -

Which one you prefer more?

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (43609 posts) -

Well, a full remake.

#3 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

a remake in which category black mesa is on.

#6 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17521 posts) -

An HD remake isn't even a remake to me. It's just turning up some settings

@system-reboot said:

a remake in which category black mesa is on.

A half finished one ? XD

#7 Posted by SolidTy (45941 posts) -

Both can be a rip off, but if priced right it's may be worth a peak. They are great deals for publishers as it saves them a lot of money cranking out old games instead of having to make an entirely new game.

HD remake is good for new fans to actually play the original, but I like full remakes for a comparison to my original experience. I think new fans should try to play the original and find out why it was so good before trying a full remake.

#8 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3180 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

a remake in which category black mesa is on.

This means full remake because it uses new engine and game is made from 0 over again.

#9 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3180 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Both can be a rip off, but if priced right it's may be worth a peak. They are great deals for publishers as it saves them a lot of money cranking out old games instead of having to make an entirely new game.

HD remake is good for new fans to actually play the original, but I like full remakes for a comparison to my original experience. I think new fans should try to play the original and find out why it was so good before trying a full remake.

Valve upgraded source engine and upgraded Half - Life 1 and Episode 1 for free for everyone. After that they re-made totally Counter-Strike, gave new weapons, maps and price is only 20 dollars when it came out.

Left 4 Dead 2 has all Original game maps. Valve is the one who not rip off.

#10 Edited by handssss (1898 posts) -

in the case of TLOU, TR, and many others, It's a remaster, not a remake. Also, you picked some shitty screenshots. Not even for 1 game too, but across the board. Halo 2 will look far better than it ever did and it won't even be close, but that screenshot you have honestly makes the original game look better.

#11 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3810 posts) -

REsident Evil and Tomb Raider Anniversary.

#12 Edited by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

Remake of course

but in this case since you are trying to compare TLOU R to Halo Collection, it's important to point out that TLOU R is the graphically superior product between the two games.

Just saying Remake vs Remaster doesn't do justice to the actual games you are trying to compare here.

#14 Edited by Cloud_imperium (6361 posts) -

Full remake of course . Can't wait for Homeworld Remastered .

#15 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

REsident Evil

while i hate resident evil but i gotta agree that REmake was one of the best example of remake.

#16 Posted by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

Remake of course

but in this case since you are trying to compare TLOU R to Halo Collection, it's important to point out that TLOU R is the graphically superior product between the two games.

Just saying Remake vs Remaster doesn't do justice to the actual games you are trying to compare here.

That is very debatable. I am curious to see what Halo 4 looks like on the MCC. It already destroys Killzone 3 graphically on 360.

1. You can't debate without proof

2. We have seen the upgrades 343 has hyped for HaloMCC and they are just barely making 360 standards.

3. Halo 4 will look like Halo 4 runing at 1080P/60fps with less graphical defects, maybe less improvements than we will see in TLOU R. There is a reason why they haven't shown any of it off.

The only gameplay footage shown to promote the game is from Halo 1 and Halo 2 and that is where the upgrades in actual graphics are to be seen.

#17 Posted by lostrib (42855 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

Remake of course

but in this case since you are trying to compare TLOU R to Halo Collection, it's important to point out that TLOU R is the graphically superior product between the two games.

Just saying Remake vs Remaster doesn't do justice to the actual games you are trying to compare here.

That is very debatable. I am curious to see what Halo 4 looks like on the MCC. It already destroys Killzone 3 graphically on 360.

1. You can't debate without proof

Really? because you fanboys do that all the time

#19 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19303 posts) -

What's the point in comparing them?

#20 Edited by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Really? because you fanboys do that all the time

Non-argument gibberish, say something that has to do with the topic or shut up.

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

1. You can't debate without proof

2. We have seen the upgrades 343 has hyped for HaloMCC and they are just barely making 360 standards.

3. Halo 4 will look like Halo 4 runing at 1080P/60fps with less graphical defects, maybe less improvements than we will see in TLOU R. There is a reason why they haven't shown any of it off.

The only gameplay footage shown to promote the game is from Halo 1 and Halo 2 and that is where the upgrades in actual graphics are to be seen.

1) It looks better. Deal with it.

Where did I say it wouldn't look better? Damn get your argument together kiddo.

2) The upgrades are still far bigger than TLOU R is over the PS3 version. There is improved world geometry, character models, lighting, and everything (a full remake).

I agree.

3) That is your conjecture and nothing more. I doubt they will keep the same resolution textures and draw distance as the 360 version on a machine several times the power. Don't be stupid.

Ok, Show me, or are you so stupid you hype things you can't prove?

And ever thought they might want to suprise the players when they see Halo 3 and 4 on XB1? Or is your bias sadistic Sony fanboy persona desparate for them to fail?

There is no agenda moron. I speak based off of everything that have been proven. Is the basis of your criticism of my logical viewpoint idiocy? Don't bring a stance of fanboyism unless you have something concrete to solidify your trash talk.

Fact is, Halo MCC is far more for the money than TLOU Remastered. Simple as that.

That's not really the argument that's being presented here though. Someone can easily determine that TLOU R is of higher value than Halo MCC. They are both reintroduction's of past released games so no need to change the subject here.

simple

#21 Posted by lostrib (42855 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

Really? because you fanboys do that all the time

Non-argument gibberish, say something that has to do with the topic or shut up.

#22 Posted by Krelian-co (13098 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

What's the point in comparing them?

something something freedomfromfacts bad threads.

#23 Posted by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

What's the point in comparing them?

fanboy comfort trying confirm they choose the right one. Trying to feel better about buying past-released games.

#25 Posted by lglz1337 (4201 posts) -

GOTY>>> waste of time

#26 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

Literally the dumbest poll thread TC has made until the next poll thread he makes.

#27 Edited by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

simple

When I said 'it looks better' I thought you were referring to Halo 4 and Killzone 3 on last gen. And Halo 4 pretty much does look better.

So you expect 343 to keep the same textures and stuff used in last gen on a next gen console rerelease? It's more a case of common sense. I just assume so. Forgive me for assuming a more powerful console will have better textures for Halo 4. But yeah, I could be wrong.

As I said, 343 might not reveal the graphics of all the remakes until later on like ND did with TLOU R. Let's wait and see.

And the fact is, 4 games, all MP maps with some being remade from scratch > 1 game with resolution and texture upgrade for value.

To clarify. I'm a PlayStation supporter. I'm just not one to white knight all the time.

I know that, I just felt the arguments you made against what I originally said were poor.

Really the "fanboy" argument really grinds my gears, so many trolls use it here with nothing else of value to say.

So if you ever pull a "fanboy" card to try to make some kind of point in an argument with me, you better be able to present evidence to show how I may be wrong, it doesn't matter who or what fanboy affiliation you claim to be tied to. This is how I debate.

Also, as it stands, my original view point is still accurate.

BTW: I have complemented Halo 4's graphics in the past saying they are close to PS3's best. Don't make hasty assumptions about how a person feels based on limited knowledge of that poster.

#29 Posted by Krelian-co (13098 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Literally the dumbest poll thread TC has made until the next poll thread he makes.

Someone should round up all the misinformed threads of his and show them to GS staff and all mods to get the stupid cunt banned. I'm srsly. He is poo.

System wars sadly is free for all, he and uninspiredtrashcan make dumb thread after dumb thread and mods don't even care.

#30 Edited by parkurtommo (27730 posts) -

The one that gives you a discount if you already own the original version: Metro Redux.

I swear, all remakes should be like that. If you already own it, you should get the remake with 50% discount or more.

#31 Edited by bloodlust_101 (2721 posts) -

Obviously full remake, but who cares if the game is dated to begin with, a fresh coat of paint won't change what it is. My favorite Upgrade is ZOE2, by far, and it is just in HD. Then there is MGS 2 and 3, etc.

#32 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (5080 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Full remake of course . Can't wait for Homeworld Remastered .

Is Homeworld going to be an actual remaster? I've read it will, but also somewhere that it's just an HD lift. Regardless, they are going to include both the first and second game, along with the original versions, so it's probably going to be a proper collection worth the money.

#33 Edited by MarioFan264 (784 posts) -

I, of course, prefer FULL remakes. I umbrella 'HD remakes' under the "remastered port" category (which also includes titles like Ocarina of Time 3D).

However, I will say that when they come in a collection and provide previously-unreleased content (think Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix and 2.5 Remix, counting because Final Mixes never released outside of Japan) then they have value. But when they're single full-retail titles like Wind Waker HD, they irritate me. At least release them in a collection... I am not paying all of that money for a single remastered port.

I wish more than anything that Nintendo would actually remake games... Yet everybody clamors for Majora's Mask 3D, not Majora's Mask remade.

#34 Edited by Cloud_imperium (6361 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Full remake of course . Can't wait for Homeworld Remastered .

Is Homeworld going to be an actual remaster? I've read it will, but also somewhere that it's just an HD lift. Regardless, they are going to include both the first and second game, along with the original versions, so it's probably going to be a proper collection worth the money.

In recent interview with Eurogamer , Gearbox said that assets have been redesigned from ground up for this remaster . They said , it is not going to be same game with enhanced lighting or textures . Instead they are building everything from scratch .

Whether it was PR or truth , we'll have to wait and see . And yes , both original games will be available along with remasters in some form of collector edition and will be compatible with latest machines and Operating Systems .

#35 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

The one that gives you a discount if you already own the original version: Metro Redux.

I swear, all remakes should be like that. If you already own it, you should get the remake with 50% discount or more.

if you own the original last of us, you can get the ps4 version for $25 at gamestop. bitch about the store all you want, they'll likely do similar deals for GTA and all the other upcoming remasters.

#36 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29757 posts) -

This thread is so fvcking stupid

#37 Posted by superbuuman (3240 posts) -

Only one remake that I really like Resident Evil Remake on GameCube..now that's how a remake should be done. :P

#38 Posted by PyratRum (558 posts) -

Obviously a full remake is the preferred choice every time but HD remakes, when done well (MGS HD Collection), is just as worthy of my money.

#39 Posted by commonfate (12853 posts) -

Everyone's just ignoring the fact that TC swapped the before and after shots?

#40 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -

HD remasters like the ICO collection are my favorites. If you're going to go through all the trouble of completely remaking a game, you may as well just make a whole new game.

#41 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

Can we get a poll for TC if he should make more threads if not?

#42 Posted by Netret0120 (2871 posts) -

Play the game on PC over HD remake any day.

Full remake can be worth it if you see they put lots of effort into it.

#43 Posted by parkurtommo (27730 posts) -

@handssss said:

@parkurtommo said:

The one that gives you a discount if you already own the original version: Metro Redux.

I swear, all remakes should be like that. If you already own it, you should get the remake with 50% discount or more.

if you own the original last of us, you can get the ps4 version for $25 at gamestop. bitch about the store all you want, they'll likely do similar deals for GTA and all the other upcoming remasters.

Ah well that's cool at least. I wonder why this is only at gamestop though?

#44 Posted by jg4xchamp (50524 posts) -

Resident Evil Remake is the gold standard on how to make a remake.

#45 Posted by SecretPolice (23593 posts) -

Halo CEA and can't wait to play through the new and improved Halo 2A. I suppose I'm gonna need an X1 at some point.

#46 Posted by Junsei (706 posts) -

i dont understand this thread. also i like how all the actual remakes was on the gamecube. REmake and Twin snakes.... cant get any better than that. developed from the heart not a half ass job just to make it into their quarterly income

#47 Posted by Daious (2076 posts) -

Even Halo is just an HD remake. Its the same game with a new engine.

Full remakes do win though. An example would be the new Goldeneye and similar games in that vein.

#48 Posted by GhoX (5294 posts) -

On PC, HD "remakes" are called mods.

#49 Posted by hehe101 (640 posts) -

Full

#50 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3180 posts) -

@commonfate said:

Everyone's just ignoring the fact that TC swapped the before and after shots?

Nothing swapped. This is how those games looks and are. FACTS