Haze Vs Bourne Conspiracy: Which Demo is worse?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blumpkinxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blumpkinxxx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I really dont know which is worse. These two recently came out for the PSN update yesterday.

Haze screams generic shooter, bad voice acting, and i like that they try to make it non-stop
action with in game sequences, but i think they executed it poorly.
nectar isint as ausome as i expected it to be, it just gives u a slight jolt and nice glowing effects.
Like street crack instead of the cocaine i assumed it was.
I gave it two trys and it pretty much sucked and wont get higher than a 7.0
but ur talking to a guy who played FPS all his life so im very fond of generic fps.
Im glad i never hyped this game, it was rubbish from the get-go in my mind.
But i am hyping KZ2 and Geow2

Bourn conspiracy screams suckiness as well. Nice they tried to implement a neat combat system,
but i just found it incredibly annoying after the first 2 times. Its really terribly and completely annoying
after a short time.
Speaking of annoyances, the GOW-esque botton sequence mashing is implemented too much and worse because
u have to restart a freakin whole checkpoint, with long loading times.
THe shooting is meh, its not bad, not as good as uncharted but nothign to complain to much about.
The racing part in the car was COMPLETELY LAUGHABLY HORRIBLE, it was like i was playing an n64 title it
was just sooooo bad.
Im expecting nothing more than a 6.5, just too many annoyances in the name of implenting innovative gameplay
and cinematic gaming.

On another note, GRID wasnt bad, its no gt5 or pgr killer but its not too bad, but completely aracady.
And im not into racing games so im very bias towards it anyways.
But i found myself more preoccupied smashing my car and trying out that cool flashback trick to see the crashes
than actually caring to play the game.

ANd although some may scream their only demos, i may scream, that its not gonna get significantly
better in my book, especially bourne conspiracy.

And if u disagree with me majorly and find that either haze or bourne are extremely fun, then consider
Urself easily amused and i direct you to the comedy of Dane cook.

Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kirlok
Member since 2008 • 2061 Posts
idk i never played them
RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
err....Haze demo was actually a good :| Not OMG Halo good, but still very good.
blumpkinxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blumpkinxxx

err....Haze demo was actually a good :| Not OMG Halo good, but still very good.RazMaTaz-1

consider urself a dane cook fan then. direct urself to youtube to laugh at his crappy jokes.

mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

I really dont know which is worse. These two recently came out for the PSN update yesterday.

Haze screams generic shooter, bad voice acting, and i like that they try to make it non-stop
action with in game sequences, but i think they executed it poorly.
nectar isint as ausome as i expected it to be, it just gives u a slight jolt and nice glowing effects.
Like street crack instead of the cocaine i assumed it was.
I gave it two trys and it pretty much sucked and wont get higher than a 7.0
but ur talking to a guy who played FPS all his life so im very fond of generic fps.
Im glad i never hyped this game, it was rubbish from the get-go in my mind.
But i am hyping KZ2 and Geow2

Bourn conspiracy screams suckiness as well. Nice they tried to implement a neat combat system,
but i just found it incredibly annoying after the first 2 times. Its really terribly and completely annoying
after a short time.
Speaking of annoyances, the GOW-esque botton sequence mashing is implemented too much and worse because
u have to restart a freakin whole checkpoint, with long loading times.
THe shooting is meh, its not bad, not as good as uncharted but nothign to complain to much about.
The racing part in the car was COMPLETELY LAUGHABLY HORRIBLE, it was like i was playing an n64 title it
was just sooooo bad.
Im expecting nothing more than a 6.5, just too many annoyances in the name of implenting innovative gameplay
and cinematic gaming.

On another note, GRID wasnt bad, its no gt5 or pgr killer but its not too bad, but completely aracady.
And im not into racing games so im very bias towards it anyways.
But i found myself more preoccupied smashing my car and trying out that cool flashback trick to see the crashes
than actually caring to play the game.

ANd although some may scream their only demos, i may scream, that its not gonna get significantly
better in my book, especially bourne conspiracy.

And if u disagree with me majorly and find that either haze or bourne are extremely fun, then consider
Urself easily amused and i direct you to the comedy of Dane cook.

blumpkinxxx

haze was far from bad not amazing but it wasnt bad

RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]err....Haze demo was actually a good :| Not OMG Halo good, but still very good.blumpkinxxx

consider urself a dane cook fan then. direct urself to youtube to laugh at his crappy jokes.

your level shows.

D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]err....Haze demo was actually a good :| Not OMG Halo good, but still very good.blumpkinxxx

I agree with him mr. level 1. It appears that you are trying to "fit in" with all of those saying that its utter trash when in reality its just above average but not stellar in the slightest. Get a grip. Oh wait, see I make opinions like you! You should consider yourself a fan of Ellen Degenerous (spelling?) and go to youtube to watch her worthless show. :D

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
Haze isn't great but it's pretty fun
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
The Bourne Demo for me. It felt like a The Club Clone with bad button sequences.

The Haze demo was not great though but it felt playable.
Avatar image for deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
deactivated-619c4c1a1a382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
Member since 2005 • 4956 Posts
I thought the Haze demo was decent lets hope the voice acting will get better though
micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

err....Haze demo was actually a good :| Not OMG Halo good, but still very good.RazMaTaz-1

I agree i really liked haze bar a few bugs but hey its a demo it will be fixed when the game comes out

blumpkinxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blumpkinxxx
[QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"]

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]err....Haze demo was actually a good :| Not OMG Halo good, but still very good.D3monchicken

I agree with him mr. level 1. It appears that you are trying to "fit in" with all of those saying that its utter trash when in reality its just above average but not stellar in the slightest. Get a grip. Oh wait, see I make opinions like you! You should consider yourself a fan of Ellen Degenerous (spelling?) and go to youtube to watch her worthless show. :D

Well mr. 27. consider yourself having a fan (or even a member of) peopel with fat wobbly bodies. KIll me if i wanna fit in with you guys. No dr.phil im not trying to fit in, i genuinly (ya i probably spelled that wrong, so that makes me unintelligent because i care to speel things properly for strangers on the net who probably have no impact in my life) hate haze because it was overhyped to the extreme at some points by my fellow cows and now is a horribly mess. Im a big gaming critic, im not easilly impressed by just good, or id be playing a ton more titles then i am now.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I liked the Haze demo oddly enough (co-op) and played it for like 3 hours straight over and over. The laughable dialogue is actually compelling to me because I want to hear all of the stupid stuff that the characters spew because it is entertaining and amusing to me. This one guy and I were playing co-op and we were cracking each other up during the cutscenes. Good times. I am not going to buy the game , but I will likely be renting it. I think it will be a nice fun little game.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Bourne Conspiracy >>>> HAZE

Both are bad, though. Bourne Conspiracy is like one big QTE.

blumpkinxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blumpkinxxx

Bourne Conspiracy >>>> HAZE

Both are bad, though. Bourne Conspiracy is like one big QTE.

BioShockOwnz

i completely agree, i just wanted to bring up haze cause it was bad too and came in the same psn update, but id play haze 10x over than bourne anyday.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
Both games will be averaging a 6.0-6.5 rating, I cant believe I wasted my time downloading these demos, actually I kept my PS3 on last night while I was sleeping so technically I didnt waste my time :P
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
Haze demo wasnt bad and bourne conspiracy demo isnt available in uk, its not on psn or marketplace
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

Both games will be averaging a 6.0-6.5 rating, I cant believe I wasted my time downloading these demos, actually I kept my PS3 on last night while I was sleeping so technically I didnt waste my time :PxTHExJUICEx

you wasted electrcity :P

KptKrunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KptKrunch
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

By OMG Halo good, do you mean not actually that good but rather an overhyped generic (and quite tacky) fratboyesque fragfest in which everyone plays as the same terribly named goon and whos main acheivment seems to be its lobby system (which is actually very good)?????... not that im saying Haze is gonna be any better...

P.s. I thought the voice acting wasnt bad, the mantal are all meant to be quite annoying and stupid and cheesy so that you hate them and enjoy killing them once you change sides PLus that guy who says ''and then we can go get some CHOW!'' is still funny everytime i play it...

gdp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gdp72
Member since 2007 • 1270 Posts
I'll be downloading the Haze demo tonight. Hopefully it's good because I have it reserved. I reserved this game back in October before all of the delays killed the hype for me. If the demo stinks I'll have to switch my deposit to KZ2.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
actually I liked them both.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

On the dialogue side, the Mantel army is supposedly made up of men like Brucie from GTA4.

STAY ALPHA!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"][QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"]

your level shows.

ur geekyness shows more than my geekyness, lets see how u look in real life (p.s. im doped on steroids)

PS, your not funny, and don't forget your on a video game forums board as well,just because you think your cooler than everyone else here doesnt give you the right to mock them

I_Helios_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 I_Helios_I
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
[QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"][QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"][QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"]

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]err....Haze demo was actually a good :| Not OMG Halo good, but still very good.Animal-Mother

your level shows.

ur geekyness shows more than my geekyness, lets see how u look in real life (p.s. im doped on steroids)

PS, your not funny, and don't forget your on a video game forums board as well,just because you think your cooler than everyone else here doesnt give you the right to mock them

His name is blumkin for god sakes lmfao I hate little 14 year olds who come on the forums and think their the **** If this dude really is on steroids I feel really bad for him..

blumpkinxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blumpkinxxx
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"][QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"][QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"]

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]err....Haze demo was actually a good :| Not OMG Halo good, but still very good.I_Helios_I

your level shows.

His name is blumkin for god sakes lmfao I hate little 14 year olds who come on the forums and think their the **** If this dude really is on steroids I feel really bad for him..

Im 19 thank you, and i really feel bad for you for not being on steroids, show me where steroids has failed me and ill give you a prize, and im not the OMGz level 20 (like its such an acomplishment being on this board and writing posts) who started it, thanx.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="I_Helios_I"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"][QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"][QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"]

your level shows.

Im 19 thank you, and i really feel bad for you for not being on steroids, show me where steroids has failed me and ill give you a prize, and im not the OMGz level 20 (like its such an acomplishment being on this board and writing posts) who started it, thanx.

Pull down your pants, you'll find out what's gone wrong.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Haze left me really underwelmed... I mean the like I was using Nector the whole time instead of just for an extra boost... and apparenlty that's not a huge problem. It didn't look that great, and It was generic...

Bourne is worse because I hate the excessive button sequences.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

i found the haze demo to be mediocre. gameplay wasnt that great. i can see the game getting at least 7.0 in gs.

XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts
[QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"]

thrones

LOL. PWNAGE FTW.

THat was good. Thanks.

This Haze game I do want to check out, since I play FPS.

WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WhyuStillAlive
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 l3erserker
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

:lol:

these rooms amuse me when people start taking stuff so personal

gdp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gdp72
Member since 2007 • 1270 Posts
I just played the demo and I'm completely underwhelmed. It's a very smooth shooter with tight controls but the textures and facial animations are terrible. There is no shine to any of the plant life. Uncharted set the bar for that on the PS3 and Haze fails miserably. Plus the voice overs are awful and the blood is M.I.A, at least in the demo. Ubisoft better have a rabbit stuffed in their hat for this game to get any respect! I should have expected this from Ubisoft since they created one of the most overrated games in my opinion, Assassins Creed. Time to switch my reserve money. Very disappointing!
Avatar image for 3verlastingHero
3verlastingHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 3verlastingHero
Member since 2008 • 747 Posts
Haze was worse, both were crap though.
AC730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AC730
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
The Bourne Conspiracy Demo surely had some quirks with the combat system. But the evasive and instinct running during the game kept a satisfying feel very close to the movie. I have to agree to long loading times and bad checkpoint placements. But I'm sure Dane Cook is just as funny as you blumpkinxxx. You don't criticize people for liking the demo, its like saying if you don't like the PS3 you're an *******!
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Haze got my attention for like 30 minutes, but my Bourne Conspiracy only had my attention for 5 minutes. The action in Bourne just felt so scripted and I don't like those type of games. The part where you have to press a button to slide under the closing gate, ticked me off because I didn't press the button on time and the cops hand cuffed me, and I wanted to fight back but couldn't. I deleted the Bourne demo right after.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts
[QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"][QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"][QUOTE="blumpkinxxx"]

thrones

HAHAHA OWNED!!! Sig WORTHY!!!

Avatar image for T3h_M3tal_Biggz
T3h_M3tal_Biggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 T3h_M3tal_Biggz
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

my opion on both of them were: Haze had some nice particle effects like the smoke but the weren't volumetric or anything,and the graphic engine is horrible. the game play is generic yet tight.

The Borne conspiracy was an awesome gameplay, except for the driving i drove around like an idiot. but the shooting wasn't like on the point, if you shoot one of ur enemies 2 times they don't seem to feel it, but the fighting was so great, i loved the adrenaline meter. and the graphics were pretty good, it had BAD aliasing problems, and some of the outside textures weren't too great.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

I liked the boune conspiracy demo :(

Graphics and controlls need workingon but the fighting and shooting worked well.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Haze was better, but...it's nothing you should pay 60 dollars to buy. Just play Resistance or Halo 3.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
I must be insane...but I thought the Bourne Conspiracy demo was pretty fun...:|
Amnesiacx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Amnesiacx
Member since 2004 • 1329 Posts

STFU. The demo was good. If you're seriously going to bag on it for the dialogue then I hope Gears of War is in your pile of shame. Who pays attention or cares about dialogue when you're playing 4p co-op with friends anyway?

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I kinda enjoyed Boune. I like how it can go from firefights to hand to hand combat. Too much button pressing, too many ways of quick failure, too scripted.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
I thought the Haze demo was pretty good, especially coop. But then again, I was meleeing my teammates in the back and making them go crazy most of the time haha.
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

my instincts are normally spot-on

i knew that haze wouldn't be anything special as soon as i saw it .. expected better from Free Radical

Franco-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Franco-J
Member since 2003 • 1435 Posts
I dont own a PS3 so I dont know about Haze, but Bourne Conspiracy on 360 is @$$. I deleted it soon after playing the demo. GRID seems pretty cool though. Kung Fu Panda was fun to mess around with for a lil bit...
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

my instincts are normally spot-on

i knew that haze wouldn't be anything special as soon as i saw it .. expected better from Free Radical

akif22

The demo was fun and Free Radical is already at work on Timesplitters 4 so I am excited about that.

Wave360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wave360
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts

If it were an OMG Halo it would have sucked :lol:

Ok that was a joke :D

I actually liked the Haze demo aswell... OK the dialogue was awful! But the Co_op was fun :D