Have you totally moved on from last gen?

• 113 results
#51 Posted by slipknot0129 (5492 posts) -

It will be a while for pc to completely move away from last gen. So I guess I will still be playing last gen games for at least 2 more years on pc. I got Injustice for pc and that's still a last gen game.

Hardware wise I have moved beyond playing on last gen hardware. I got a Gtx 660 and plan on getting a Gtx 960 this October.

#52 Edited by lostrib (37591 posts) -

@charizard1605: you don't have a PS3?

#53 Posted by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605: you don't have a PS3?

Not one in the US, I don't. I'd have had to buy one just for Persona 5 if this announcement hadn't happened.

#54 Posted by intotheminx (703 posts) -

As far as consoles go, no. I have a 360 collecting dust somewhere. There really isn't a reason to move on since most games will be cross gen until holiday next year.

#55 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (6207 posts) -

Keeping my 360. Too many good games from last gen.

#56 Posted by osan0 (12739 posts) -

no. i still have a ton of games to finish up and a PS3 back catalogue to raid (for as long as my 60GB fat PS3 holds out anyway). there are also many PC games from that gen that i am playing (currently playing AC3. got the freedom edition for 15 quid so thought i would give it a bash. have to say....vast vast improvement on AC1 which was the last one i played).

#57 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

i got forza horizon the other day. so i'm still using my 360.

i've been meaning to get a ps3 for a while to play some exclusives i missed.

i mean i get your question, technically my answer is - i've moved on.

#58 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9042 posts) -

there are far more reasons to be playing a PS3 right now than a PS4 or Xbox One. All my gaming is on PS3 and Wii U right now

#59 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5569 posts) -
@Pikminmaniac said:

there are far more reasons to be playing a PS3 right now than a PS4 or Xbox One. All my gaming is on PS3 and Wii U right now

Good point. PS3 has one of the best library of games among all platforms. PS4 is sure to do something. And I think Wii U is on a good track with games atm too. But all I want is another Super Mario Galaxy. Just a masterpiece in level design. Better than DKTF :P You have to admit doe.

#61 Posted by jsmoke03 (12923 posts) -

yea, i have a lot of backlog left on my ps3. Only new games im getting for the ps3 is kh 2.5 remix. im hoping the pre sequel gets ported down the line for ps4...or i'll just wait for the goty cuz im not even done with borderlands 2

#62 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

I play Brawl and Halo 3 all the time with friends. The rest of my game time is spent working my way through the DS library or PC backlog on Steam (mostly last gen PC games). So most of my game time is last gen. The only new current gen game I play regularly is MK8.

#63 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10595 posts) -

Currently playing the hell out of Borderlands 2, so no.

Haven't played a Xbox One game since....I don't even remember.

Haven't played a PS4 game since I 100% InFamous: Second Son May 1

#64 Edited by General_Solo76 (229 posts) -

I always keep my old systems and games. Hell, I still have a Sega Genesis, Sega CD, and N64 among other great consoles. So there's no chance I'm getting rid of my PS3, 360, or Wii (which I use for GameCube games) anytime soon. :)

#65 Posted by NoahProa (70 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Pretty much. I only turn my 360 on now to download the games with gold games.

XOne has kept me occupied, finally beat Thief yesterday and about to start watchdogs today.

Thief on Metacritic 69/100

And watch dogs sucks. I used to own that shit

THOSE LEMMING STANDARDS LOL

#66 Posted by Chutebox (37354 posts) -

Still addicted to dark souls 2

#67 Posted by SolidTy (43724 posts) -

Yep, although I early adopted all three next gen machines, like every generation I'm still playing last gen. Best games out now for last gen.

#68 Edited by princeofshapeir (14265 posts) -

The best game of this year so far was developed for last-gen.

Everything else that comes out this year is filler until the true GOTY, SSB4, is released.

#69 Edited by berto64 (12682 posts) -

I somewhat moved on. weeks ago i completed my backlog since i rarely buy games anymore . i played the 7th gen since 2009 and i pretty much played all the games i wanted to play. now i did had a few JRPGs not finished but i didn't felt like playing them for now; so 2 days ago i traded in my PS3 for a PS4 and two games and im enjoying it and since there is a good lineup this year of games multiplat and 3 racing games upcoming on the PS4 (Drive Club, The Crew and Project CARS) i don't regret selling the PS3 at all but if i really want to get another PS3 for a couple of games then i will next year or so. i know i will have to wait but i got a Vita with some unfinished games there so im good. i'll see through time if i start missing the PS3, if i do then im wishing one for christmas with a few JRPGs that i haven't finished that i lost interest right now... so till then im pumped for this gen . bring it on!

#70 Posted by RR360DD (11984 posts) -

@noahproa said:

@RR360DD said:

Pretty much. I only turn my 360 on now to download the games with gold games.

XOne has kept me occupied, finally beat Thief yesterday and about to start watchdogs today.

Thief on Metacritic 69/100

And watch dogs sucks. I used to own that shit

THOSE LEMMING STANDARDS LOL

I'm a huge Thief fanboy so I don't care, I really really enjoyed it.

Its not like theres anything to play on my PS4. I already played the shit out of TLOU on my PS3 so I'm not going to pay for that again until it hits bargain prices, and thats the best game on PS4 LOL.

#71 Posted by KungfuKitten (21130 posts) -

Last gen lasted way too long. I moved on the minute the Wii U came out.

#72 Posted by l34052 (3212 posts) -

I still play GTA V on my ps3 regularly, that will change though when it drops on the ps4 though, a day one buy for me.

#73 Posted by skipper847 (3333 posts) -

I like the cloud too much :P.

#74 Posted by Heirren (17308 posts) -

Yes. Strictly Wiiu. Still waiting on a good ps4 game. Also hooked up the old n64. However, I bought a lot of ps3 games on sale over the years. Got a bunch I haven't played. Typically I'll go back after the "newness" wares down on this "new" gen, even though ps4 doesn't actually feel that new right now for some odd reason.

#75 Edited by bezza2011 (2548 posts) -

People who are saying that they been next gen for years on PC, not being funny but nothing on PC is next gen on a PC stand point there just console graphics with the res turned up and frames per second sped up. I wouldn't say anything on PC, makes my jaw drop and shows me that it's truly better on PC except from the better colours and frame rate, animations, or realism have shown much growth either way.

I game on PC but yea i'm gone completely next gen on consoles can't go back now with the graphics, all the best games anyway are all coming onto the PS4 anyway so no need to touch my PS3/360

#76 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7483 posts) -

I put my Wii away, but I still play the games on Wii U. My Gamecube is still hooked up and gets some play time every now and then.

So, nope.

#77 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Nope. I gave my 360 to my nephew. All next gen for me.

#78 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9042 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

Good point. PS3 has one of the best library of games among all platforms. PS4 is sure to do something. And I think Wii U is on a good track with games atm too. But all I want is another Super Mario Galaxy. Just a masterpiece in level design. Better than DKTF :P You have to admit doe.

LOL, you know how I feel about that In terms of level design

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze> Donkey Kong Country Returns> Super Mario Galaxy 2>>>>Mario Galaxy

#79 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

Yes... at the moment I game only on PS4, PC and a little bit on Wii U.
Almost not touching the handhelds (PS Vita and 3DS). Sold my last gen xbox360 and that's it... last time I bought a game for last gen was the Mortal Kombat.

#80 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

I still have a few games I want to play on the PS3. I also have a bunch of last gen games on the PC that I need to play. As soon as I can find a new non-RROD model 360 for $100 or less, I will pick one up to play the Gears games I haven't already played, as well as Halo ODST, Reach, and 4. Lost Odyssey, too.

#81 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Keeping my 360. Too many good games from last gen.

I still own a 360 but to be honest the last time I played a game on it was far cry 3 I've moved over to xbox one.

#82 Posted by BeastmodeBoy (196 posts) -

Nope.

#83 Posted by VanDammFan (4285 posts) -

no..havent bought any new consoles this gen. Probably wont. I broke out my original day one 1st in line xbox and have been enjoying it again..so many good games for it..Keeping up with games and consoles has lost its joy for me now..I would rather play games that would make some of your pixel sensitive eyes bleed as to play online,hires,over budgeted,lack juster crap..

#84 Posted by demi0227_basic (916 posts) -

It's funny how many pc gamers left last gen a LONG time ago...I'm in that boat too.

Stopped playing 360/ps3 on a regular basis...maybe 2008 or so. :)

PC...it's where it's at.

#85 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25544 posts) -

I still play Wii and PS3 games.

I don't turn my Wii or 360 on anymore, but my PS3 is seeing some love. (with Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls and Bluray/DVDs.)

#86 Posted by mjf249 (2856 posts) -

No, I still play my 360 more than my Xbox One. But that will definitely change this holiday season.

#87 Posted by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

@vegasbandit: same here.

#88 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17761 posts) -

I don't get people who sell systems. Just keep em. WTF.

#89 Posted by Senor_Kami (8416 posts) -

I haven't moved yet. I have the money to and wouldn't mind doing it but I don't buy systems on hopes and promises. The only XB1/PS4 games out right now that I would want to play are indie titles available on last gen systems or so simply that my old ass laptop can play them. Next gen has yet to give me a single reason to move. All the good games are coming to PS3/360 with the only difference being resolution, something I'm not going to pay $400 just to get.

#90 Edited by bforrester420 (1654 posts) -

No, and I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll end up getting a current gen console at all.

#91 Posted by Zassimick (6630 posts) -

Nah, I've got plenty to play from last generation consoles and even further back that I'm picking up.

#92 Edited by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

Nah, late this year maybe dunno, perhaps I'll even wait until sometime next year, we'll see.

#93 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5589 posts) -

Nah. I still regularly play games all the way back to the NES. The only console I experienced that I've completely abandoned was the 2600.

My current gen platforms are the PS4 and Wii U and the Wii U is the only one that gets play... and even that's rare.

#94 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1239 posts) -

Nope, still got a huge backlog, Tales of Xillia 2 just released last month and I haven't even touched it yet and I'm currently replaying Dragon Age Origins due to my excitement for inquisition (while I will get that for PS4, I still have to go through 2 again on PS3). I will never sell my old consoles because there were so many good games released for them I have yet to play and tons of great games I get in the mood to replay.

#95 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1239 posts) -
@Vatusus said:

Hell NO! I spend more time with my PS3 than with my PS4 actually. Currently I'm beating and loving every second of Ni No Kuni. I still have plenty to play from last gen. Hell I still have a copy of Killer7 waiting for me to play on the PS2. Dont know why some named "gamers" never go back to previews gens and play some gems...

Couldn't have said it better. I too also have PS2 games in my backlog to play. Hell, I even have PS1 games in my backlog that I have found recently on the cheap or got of PSN

#96 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4491 posts) -

Moved on to what? There's no games on current gen consoles.

#97 Posted by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Haven't touched my PS3 nor my Wii for a long time

Same for my PS3.

#98 Posted by which_wich (197 posts) -

As if the new gen has enough games to make anyone move completely. Nopeville!

#99 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

I'm not playing anything on my gen 7 machines atm (DS gets sometime once in awhile) but I'm certainly not selling my systems and games...

#100 Edited by MK-Professor (3827 posts) -

Since 2009