Have you ever wanted a system less than the XB1?

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by arkephonic (6208 posts) -

I remember being totally turned off by the 360 because of the RROD, but I eventually got one when the slim released. That said, I never would have bought the 360 slim if it had to be bundled with Kinect. I got the Kinectless option. The XB1 is the least appealing system I've ever come across from any generation. I've never ever had zero interest in a console before. Microsoft's business practices don't help matters either, nor does their flip flopping.

#2 Edited by I_can_haz (6496 posts) -

True, Xbone kinda feels like boxed cancer. Even though I didn't like the 360 towards the end of last gen I have to admit it was at least a bit appealing during its early years.

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (28811 posts) -

Never has a console been less appealing and useless to me than Xbox One.

#4 Posted by locopatho (20044 posts) -

Have to agree. No wantsies. Bit bummed about missing halo 5 but thats it really.

#5 Posted by darkangel115 (1410 posts) -

I remember being totally turned off by the 360 because of the RROD, but I eventually got one when the slim released. That said, I never would have bought the 360 slim if it had to be bundled with Kinect. I got the Kinectless option. The XB1 is the least appealing system I've ever come across from any generation. I've never ever had zero interest in a console before. Microsoft's business practices don't help matters either, nor does their flip flopping.

the wii U since its the only system i don't own that was released in the past 10+ years. I still might get one someday.

With that said, having a good gaming PC, a PS4, and an X1 my time has been spent 95% of the time on X1 with about 1% on PS4 and 4% on PC and that is just because i got south park for the PC yesterday since there isn't a version for the next gen consoles. My xbox one is the last console I'd give up if I had to give any of them up.

#6 Posted by Couth_ (9931 posts) -

Nah I didn't even know the Wii U existed for the first 3-4 months it was out and when I read up on it and the games for it I just had myself a giggle m8

#7 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

The Xbox One, Wii, Sega Saturn and Atari Jaguar are all about equal In my book.

#8 Posted by heretrix (37253 posts) -

I can't think of a generation of consoles where I wasn't as disappointed all around. They all are pretty lackluster.

#9 Posted by Karnage108 (2401 posts) -

The PS4... dat killer app, Knack... lol

#10 Edited by cainetao11 (15972 posts) -

Any Nintendo console

#11 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24342 posts) -

The Red Ring of Death really did put my off of getting a 360 early on, but I still wanted to play Gears of War and Halo despite it so no.

Xbox One also has Dead Rising and Killer Instinct so I have to deal with Spy-nect to play those games.

#12 Edited by glez13 (8501 posts) -

Neo-Geo, Jaguar, 3DO, CD-i, Saturn, Wii, WiiU.

#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -

@heretrix said:

I can't think of a generation of consoles where I wasn't as disappointed all around. They all are pretty lackluster.

Yep, hopefully Infamous will give me a reason to play on my PS4

#14 Edited by xxyetixx (1213 posts) -

Yeah the PS4, it's a PS3 with a graphics bump

#15 Edited by donalbane (16150 posts) -

If you want a Wii U more than a One I don't know what to tell you.

#16 Edited by naz99 (998 posts) -

I already disliked MS as it was then after all the crap with the XBOX ONE console and its hardware drm etc and mandatory kinect they are now on my lifelong shitlist ......and that will be reinforced when they announce DirectX 12 later this month and no doubt also announce that it is exclusive to windows 9 for no good reason....then they truly can get fucked.

Terrible terrible company and utterly amazing that there are still raging fanboys that support them,which makes them terrible ignorant consumers

#17 Edited by Wasdie (49363 posts) -

Yes. The Wii U.

#18 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

The PS4 and PS Vita.

PS4 for having no games, and the PS Vita for having just slightly more than no games.

On the Xbox One I'm going to hopefully get the chance to enjoy Quantum Break, D4, Halo 5, Killer Instinct, and a few other games.

#19 Posted by Spartan070 (16307 posts) -

I have the Day One edition so that'd be a "no" to your implications.

#20 Edited by foxhound_fox (86985 posts) -

The PS4 is lower on my list.

#21 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Yes, Killer Instinct is very enticing.

#22 Edited by Boddicker (2288 posts) -

I actually wanted a NeoGeo and Turbografx-16, but then again I was like 10.

Hmmm, consoles I've wanted less than the X1. Jaguar, 3DO, every Nintendo console past the N64, and every Sega console because I was at the time a die hard Ninty fanboy.

I really doubt I'll ever end up with an X1, but I'd keep one if it was given to me for free.

#23 Edited by chessmaster1989 (28973 posts) -

Probably, apart from Quantum Break I can't think of any Xbox One exclusives I'm that interested in.

#24 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

No, I haven't Xbox One is completely worthless.

#25 Posted by CountBleck12 (22494 posts) -

Never has a console been less appealing and useless to me than Xbox One.

#26 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1878 posts) -

The PS4... dat killer app, Knack... lol

Knack is a good game especially for a launch title. Reminds me of Kameo for the 360. Too bad RARE lost their touch for game making. Now all they do is avatar stuff. Good investment MS! Anyway, worst try at damage control evahhhhhh! The only game that I will be buying on my XBOX ONE in 2014 is Titanfall. Nothing and I mean nothing else even remotely interests me. Meanwhile on my PS4 I'll be playing Infamous Second Son, MLB The Show 14, The Order 1886, Drive Club, Deep Down and every superior multiplat!!

#27 Edited by gamefan67 (9834 posts) -

@heretrix said:

^ this.

Though I will say I currently am more interested in getting an Xbox one over the PS4, but I'll probably wait till after E3 to make a decision.

#28 Edited by lundy86_4 (42687 posts) -

Probably. I want one soon for dat Titanfall.

#29 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3825 posts) -

honestly? yes. but not my much, by a tiny fraction.

but i take your point. i have nearly no desire for x1. (nor wii u, nor ps4)

#30 Posted by 35cent (877 posts) -

Yes, a PS4 (and Wii U) :P

#31 Posted by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

I liked the first Xbox and I bought a 360. I then got turned off by Xbox when I had 2 failed HDDs & had to buy MS's crappy low capacity ones for $100 each time and I had to buy a WiFi adaptor for $80. Then just to have it RRoD on me also was just too much. MS really started turning consumers off during the 360 years & continued it with the XOne.

#32 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -
#33 Posted by verbtex (8486 posts) -

Looks like there's a lot of unwarranted hate towards the XboxOne in this thread.

#34 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS:

Rare didn't lose their touch. Microsoft took it away from them and forced everybody to quit.

#35 Edited by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

Wow , Its a god%^&& cow bukkake up in this thread.

Cows are so jealous of titanfall its just silly

Id never touch an Ouya :P

#36 Edited by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

@verbtex said:

Looks like there's a lot of unwarranted hate towards the XboxOne in this thread.

Read my post. I have good reasons for not being interested in Xbox. It's more of a MS thing for me & the craptastic 360 console they released. I don't think people disliking X1 is unwarranted with the anticonsumer things MS wanted to do with it.

#37 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

@lancex2:

If Titanfall is what defines the Xbox One, it's going to be a shitty generation for them. Microsoft has far more interesting titles on the way however you casual COD n00bs can't seem to stop talking about this game. It's going to be a shame if you guys treat them the same as you did the early 360 exclusives because of overhyped bro shooters.

#38 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3672 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Yes. The Wii U.

This.

Well to be honest I don't see my self getting any of these consoles and that includes the PS4 this year. A high end PC right now is all I need and I am not really missing much...

• The Witcher 3 = Will look better on my PC so don't need a console
  • Dark Souls 2 = Will look better on my PC so don't need a console
  • The Division = Will look better on my PC so don't need a console
  • Titanfall = Will look better on my PC so don't need a console
  • Wolfenstein = Will look better on my PC so don't need a console
  • Dragon Age = Will look better on my PC so don't need a console

The list goes on and on and on... Seriously until each console has at LEAST 3 exclusives worth getting its a no buy for me since I play EVERY multi platform game on my PC.

#39 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

@lancex2:

If Titanfall is what defines the Xbox One, it's going to be a shitty generation for them. Microsoft has far more interesting titles on the way however you casual COD n00bs can't seem to stop talking about this game.

your wrong, COWS are the ones talking about it my friend. Im stoked for it but Im longing for witcher and dragon age. As for exclusives my eye is on sunset overdrive and quantam break. but ive enjoyed Ryse and DR 3 a lot but im sure ill be blasted for it.

#40 Posted by verbtex (8486 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@verbtex said:

Read my post. I have good reasons for not being interested in Xbox. It's more of a MS thing for me & the craptastic 360 console they released. I don't think people disliking X1 is unwarranted with the anticonsumer things MS wanted to do with it.

Your hate isn't unwarranted. It is justified for the given situation.

#41 Edited by AzatiS (7003 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

Nah , there were far more anti-appealing products out there ...

Atari Jaguar

Virtual Boy

Sega 32X

Philips CD-i

Apple Pippin

Those were by far the least appealing systems i can remember

#42 Posted by jeffmonster (511 posts) -

I dunno fellas. I own one and love it. Is that ok? I also pre-ordered titanfall.......so I think I'm gonna start enjoying the X1 even more come Tuesday.

#43 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

@lancex2:

While the COD cows might be jealous, others are just annoyed by the hype of yet another shallow shooter and constantly hearing about it. Keep in mind that the Playstation fanbase in general is a bit more diverse than that. I have two platforms I could play the game on and quite personally, I'm sick of hearing about it as well. It's unavoidable though.

#44 Edited by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

@verbtex said:

@clr84651 said:

@verbtex said:

Your hate isn't unwarranted. It is justified for the given situation.

Nope, you're wrong. MS has turned me and many others off by their crudeness towards consumers. What they have done and what they have wanted to do is deplorable.

Apparently you don't see their wrong doings over the past many years or you choose to ignore it or you let it slide. Either way you have to be a Xfanboy to say people don't have good reasons for ill feelings towards MS.

#45 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9956 posts) -

I would have said Wii U a couple of months ago, but honestly I kinda really want a Wii U now. X1 seriously needs to come with some heavy hitters for me to consider picking it up over the Wii U this year.

#46 Posted by MirkoS77 (6879 posts) -

I don't give much consideration to something I don't desire, but this gen, yea, the One is on my least wanted list. Because of MS's attempt at DRM and insistence on Kinect, plus none of their exclusives interest me at all. I'll be getting a U before a One at this point.

#47 Posted by LustForSoul (5788 posts) -

I don't see much difference between the X1 and PS4 when I think about it. For some reason the PS4 is more appealing though.

#48 Posted by blackace (19785 posts) -

The winner goes to the Nintendo Virtua Boy, Atari Jaguar & 3DO.

There are millions of people who have more interest in the XB1 then these game consoles when they were released. Only biased Sony kiss-a$$ fanboys like yourself don't care about XB1. Everyone else who isn't biased are still interested in it. Most unbiased gamers just don't want the Kinect not to be included or the price to be lower. That will happen eventually.

#49 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6246 posts) -

The problem with the Xbox One?

Microsoft

#50 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12852 posts) -

Probably not. Maybe the 3DO but honestly it's a toss up.