Have the Sheep been SLAUGHTERED???

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Not hating on the WiU but I think what's happening is the appeal of the main Nintendo franchises Zelda, Mario, Metoid have finally started to get long in the tooth. These games are 25+ years old and it kind of started last gen with the Wii Sales of these franchises started taking a dip in sales and not as strong as before. And being Nintendo systems are not known for having great 3rd party support and with WiiU already getting red headed step child-ed badly with getting cancelled multiplats already this early. Looks like the Sheep are lined up at the slaughter house:roll:

#2 Posted by heretrix (37379 posts) -

I remember people saying the same sh!t when the 3DS when it launched.It's too damn early to count Nintendo out.

#3 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

I remember people saying the same sh!t when the 3DS when it launched.It's too damn early to count Nintendo out.

heretrix

Yeah but Nintendo has the same HUGE problem the Wii did the last 3 years or so the WiiU can't do real next gen games like the PS4 and 720 will do the power is not there. Why would nintendo do that when they knew this was clearly a problem with the Wii the past few years why 360 and PS3 got all the great games.

#4 Posted by Animal-Mother (26951 posts) -

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

me3x12

Yeah but Nintendo has the same HUGE problem the Wii did the last 3 years or so the WiiU can't do real next gen games like the PS4 and 720 will do the power is not there. Why would nintendo do that when they knew this was clearly a problem with the Wii the past few years why 360 and PS3 got all the great games.

it hasn't been out for 6 months...... Also it seems like the next gen consoles won't be as powerful as we all think.
#5 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -
[QUOTE="me3x12"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Animal-Mother

it hasn't been out for 6 months...... Also it seems like the next gen consoles won't be as powerful as we all think.

Except the PS4 that is, we all know Sony is the world leader in gaming technology.
#6 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

TBDR... To Boring Didn't Read. (well want to anyway)

And the answer is those franchises are still selling from Nintendo. 3rd parties usually feed Nintendo scraps. Sheep come and go on these boards when the ownage comes out like Lems and Cows do.

I like my WiiU and looking forward to March and MH Tri U. Main reason i brought the WiiU.

#7 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

[QUOTE="me3x12"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Animal-Mother

8core cpu and 8gigs of ram >>>CRUSH 3core cpu and 2gig ram

#8 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="me3x12"]

Heil68

Except the PS4 that is, we all know Sony is the world leader in gaming technology.

Right because the split ram in PS3 was so developer friendly and that Sony Move thing was a hit:roll:

#9 Posted by Animal-Mother (26951 posts) -

me3x12

Where's the absolute concrete proof of that?
#10 Posted by Chozofication (2872 posts) -

Except there is not Mario Metroid or Zelda on the Wii U atm, or anything else.  And no NSMBU doesn't count.

Wait until Pikmin comes out then sales will skyrocket.

#11 Posted by Planeforger (15712 posts) -

Not hating on the WiU but I think what's happening is the appeal of the main Nintendo franchises Zelda, Mario, Metoid have finally started to get long in the tooth.me3x12

So you're blaming the WiiU's slow sales on your assumption that Zelda, Mario and Metroid are losing popularity...even though none of those franchises will have new titles on the WiiU for a while? (uh, except for Mario, but I'm guessing that the 3D iterations tend to be more popular than the 2D ones).

#12 Posted by lightleggy (15974 posts) -

Except there is not Mario Metroid or Zelda on the Wii U atm, or anything else.  And no NSMBU doesn't count.

Chozofication
NSMBU does count simply because it's a Mario game, im happy to see people are no longer falling for rehashes. and correct me if im wrong but didn't pikmin sold poorly on the GC? It was a good game but only popular amongst fans.
#13 Posted by lightleggy (15974 posts) -

[QUOTE="me3x12"]Not hating on the WiU but I think what's happening is the appeal of the main Nintendo franchises Zelda, Mario, Metoid have finally started to get long in the tooth.Planeforger

So you're blaming the WiiU's slow sales on your assumption that Zelda, Mario and Metroid are losing popularity...even though none of those franchises will have new titles on the WiiU for a while? (uh, except for Mario, but I'm guessing that the 3D iterations tend to be more popular than the 2D ones).

NSMB sold like hotcakes on the wii
#14 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="me3x12"]Not hating on the WiU but I think what's happening is the appeal of the main Nintendo franchises Zelda, Mario, Metoid have finally started to get long in the tooth.Planeforger

2D are usually more popular.
#15 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

[QUOTE="me3x12"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] it hasn't been out for 6 months...... Also it seems like the next gen consoles won't be as powerful as we all think.Animal-Mother

First off just about every major developer have laughed at the power of the really weak WiiU CPU second off since when does a 3core CPU be able to hold a candle to a 6-8core CPU not to mention did I miss the memo does now less ram own more ram:roll:

#16 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26708 posts) -

Metroid did lose it's popularity though, and Other M pretty much ended it (unless if Retro Studios gave in to the trolls, and I hope that doesn't happen).

#17 Posted by lightleggy (15974 posts) -

me3x12

First off just about every major developer have laughed at the power of the really weak WiiU CPU second off since when does a 3core CPU be able to hold a candle to a 6-8core CPU not to mention did I miss the memo does now less ram own more ram:roll:

Dumbass, he is asking about the 8 core cpu and 8 gb ram, not the wii u specs...he means how can you know the specs of the 720/ps4 if they have not been confirmed.
#18 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]

[QUOTE="me3x12"]Not hating on the WiU but I think what's happening is the appeal of the main Nintendo franchises Zelda, Mario, Metoid have finally started to get long in the tooth.nintendoboy16

Metroid did lose it's popularity though, and Other M pretty much ended it (unless if Retro Studios gave in to the trolls, and I hope that doesn't happen).

As a whole the last few Mario zeldas and Metroids have had slower sales then in years past not saying they were terrible just slower then years past and so for Sheep to think all the sudden the WiiU will start dominating the sales charts over PS4/720 is really a joke to think this. Nintendo is not winning this gen they will take 3rd and end up realising they have to release a really powerful system next time and have great 3rd party support and then still offer there 1st party franchises. I'm betting Nintendo ends up releasing a WiiU 2 in like 3-4 years from now and going for the more hardcore power hungery system buyers.

#19 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26708 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]

me3x12

As a whole the last few Mario zeldas and Metroids have had slower sales then in years past not saying they were terrible just slower then years past and so for Sheep to think all the sudden the WiiU will start dominating the sales charts over PS4/720 is really a joke to think this. Nintendo is not winning this gen they will take 3rd and end up realising they have to release a really powerful system next time and have great 3rd party support and then still over there 1st party franchises. I'm betting Nintendo ends up releasing a WiiU 2 in like 3-4 years from now and going for the more hardcore power hungery system buyers.

At least Mario and Zelda still sell millions UNLIKE Metroid.

And NO, Nintendo wouldn't release a more powerful Wii U. They would risk pissing off the gaming community even more if they did that.

#20 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

[QUOTE="me3x12"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Where's the absolute concrete proof of that?lightleggy

Dumbass, he is asking about the 8 core cpu and 8 gb ram, not the wii u specs...he means how can you know the specs of the 720/ps4 if they have not been confirmed.

I think it's a safe bet the 720/PS4 will have 8core cpu's just don't know speed and other stuff yet and it's either going to be 4-8gigs of fast ram for PS4 and 8 gigs maybe more of slower or fast ram for 720. Either way 720/PS4 will mop the floor with the WiiU in power no question about this.

#21 Posted by aroxx_ab (9825 posts) -

As long Zelda and Metroid coming out im happy with it, rests i can play on superior PC :cool:

#22 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

[QUOTE="me3x12"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Metroid did lose it's popularity though, and Other M pretty much ended it (unless if Retro Studios gave in to the trolls, and I hope that doesn't happen).

nintendoboy16

As a whole the last few Mario zeldas and Metroids have had slower sales then in years past not saying they were terrible just slower then years past and so for Sheep to think all the sudden the WiiU will start dominating the sales charts over PS4/720 is really a joke to think this. Nintendo is not winning this gen they will take 3rd and end up realising they have to release a really powerful system next time and have great 3rd party support and then still over there 1st party franchises. I'm betting Nintendo ends up releasing a WiiU 2 in like 3-4 years from now and going for the more hardcore power hungery system buyers.

Zelda is in trouble saleswise. Windwaker sold more on GC (round 20 mil sold) then Skyward Sword sold on Wii (round 100 mil sold) I hope Nintendo doesn't casualise Zelda to death in the hunt for more sales :(
#23 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26708 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="me3x12"]

locopatho

Zelda is in trouble saleswise. Windwaker sold more on GC (round 20 mil sold) then Skyward Sword sold on Wii (round 100 mil sold) I hope Nintendo doesn't casualise Zelda to death in the hunt for more sales :(

But Skyward Sword still sold enough millions to keep it going. As for Metroid? Well... *sees Samus starship get nuked with unsold copies of Other M*

#24 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="me3x12"]

locopatho

Sadly they will though. Just imagine if they let a developer like bethesda do a Zelda game wow that would be sick a hardcore zelda yeah baby never going to happen though

#25 Posted by lightleggy (15974 posts) -

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="me3x12"]

me3x12

I think it's a safe bet the 720/PS4 will have 8core cpu's just don't know speed and other stuff yet and it's either going to be 4-8gigs of fast ram for PS4 and 8 gigs maybe more of slower or fast ram for 720. Either way 720/PS4 will mop the floor with the WiiU in power no question about this.

A decent 8 core processor costs around 250-300 dollars. I really dont think MS and Sony will want that on their consoles, only if they plan on getting lots of sales at 600-700 dollars per console. The only credible part is the 8 gb ram, since it's dirty cheap, the rest? not so much.
#26 Posted by lightleggy (15974 posts) -
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="me3x12"]

locopatho

I know im not a math genius, but 20 millions is a smaller number than 100 millions. Yes I obviously know you had a typo.
#27 Posted by toast_burner (21640 posts) -

we haven't seen how hard the PS4 or 720 will bomb so it's too early to tell. 

#28 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

[QUOTE="me3x12"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Dumbass, he is asking about the 8 core cpu and 8 gb ram, not the wii u specs...he means how can you know the specs of the 720/ps4 if they have not been confirmed.lightleggy

A decent 8 core processor costs around 250-300 dollars. I really dont think MS and Sony will want that on their consoles, only if they plan on getting lots of sales at 600-700 dollars per console. The only credible part is the 8 gb ram, since it's dirty cheap, the rest? not so much.

Funny you call other people morons. Do you have any business sense:roll: Sure a 6-8 PC cpu cost that but if you are getting a deal on say millions of them in a bulk buy format the cost goes way down.

#29 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]At least Mario and Zelda still sell millions UNLIKE Metroid.

lightleggy

I know im not a math genius, but 20 millions is a smaller number than 100 millions. Yes I obviously know you had a typo.

Pretty sure he meant 10

#30 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
This happened last year with the 3DS. Nintendo will announce a Spring/Summer price drop, a whack of first-party games at E3 and people will be running out to buy one. Nintendo will proceed to print money yet again. Haters will concede.
#31 Posted by Chozofication (2872 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

lightleggy

im happy to see people are no longer falling for rehashes.

That's exactly why NSMBU doesn't count against why the Wii U is selling poorly.  Once Wii U gets that magnificent 3d mario sales will go through the roof.

And I honestly don't know about Pikmin, it didn't sell a frick ton but both sold enough to get player's choice stamps.  They sold quite well.

Actually Pikmin 3 will sell a lot more than either of the past 2, since interest in Pikmin has only gone up and up and up lately.

#32 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I hope Nintendo doesn't casualise Zelda to death in the hunt for more sales :(locopatho
If they casualize.it like they did DKCR and NSMBW then I'm all for it. Making a game more accessible to a broader audience doesn't necessarily mean the game will suck. In fact, the Super Guide allows Nintendo to make games harder without sacrificing accessibility.
#33 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]At least Mario and Zelda still sell millions UNLIKE Metroid.lightleggy

The numbers refer to the install base of the consoles. So they sold more Windwaker to 20 million people then Skyward Sword to 100 million.
#34 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"]I hope Nintendo doesn't casualise Zelda to death in the hunt for more sales :(Zeviander
If they casualize.it like they did DKCR and NSMBW then I'm all for it. Making a game more accessible to a broader audience doesn't necessarily mean the game will suck. In fact, the Super Guide allows Nintendo to make games harder without sacrificing accessibility.

Those games aren't casualised? They were pretty hard.
#35 Posted by Chozofication (2872 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I hope Nintendo doesn't casualise Zelda to death in the hunt for more sales :(Zeviander

DKCR is harder than any of the past DK games, and it's partially BECAUSE of the super guide.

#36 Posted by Quaker-w00ts (1595 posts) -

I'd imagine Sheep tastes real good

but people shouldn't count Nintendo out. 

#37 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4424 posts) -

It's got no games, wait until it has, hardly any consoles really have a steady stream of decent game in the first year. There is never a reason to buy a console in the first year. It never pays off.

You can't judge a console until it's second year.

#38 Posted by lightleggy (15974 posts) -

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="me3x12"]

me3x12

Funny you call other people morons. Do you have any business sense:roll: Sure a 6-8 PC cpu cost that but if you are getting a deal on say millions of them in a bulk buy format the cost goes way down.

Except that I do, and the price reduction is overestimated. You can literally expect like a 10% price reduction, which is still not enough since the console would still be over 500 dollars.
#39 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22468 posts) -

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Zelda is in trouble saleswise. Windwaker sold more on GC (round 20 mil sold) then Skyward Sword sold on Wii (round 100 mil sold) I hope Nintendo doesn't casualise Zelda to death in the hunt for more sales :(locopatho

The numbers refer to the install base of the consoles. So they sold more Windwaker to 20 million people then Skyward Sword to 100 million.

WW launched when the GC was alive and well. SS launched when the wii was just about dead in the public eye.
TP sold like gang busters because of the wii launch hype

#40 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] I know im not a math genius, but 20 millions is a smaller number than 100 millions. Yes I obviously know you had a typo.Shinobishyguy

WW launched when the GC was alive and well. SS launched when the wii was just about dead in the public eye.

Sorry, I really don't think there's a way to spin this. More Zelda was sold to 20 million Gamecube owners then to 100 million Wii owners. Less then half the people who bought TP on Wii went on to buy Skyward Sword. That's disastrous. I think the series really needs a "reboot". (no not a guns n' blood n' boobz "mature" one before you jump on me...)
#41 Posted by heretrix (37379 posts) -

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

me3x12

It's not all about power. Why is the 3DS ripping the Vita's balls off right now? And we are talking about consoles here, I'm sure the leap in tech will probably never be realized due to production costs. You'll get better looking games doing the same sh!t they did this gen with braindead AI and idiotic context prompts.

#42 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22468 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="locopatho"] The numbers refer to the install base of the consoles. So they sold more Windwaker to 20 million people then Skyward Sword to 100 million. locopatho

Sorry, I really don't think there's a way to spin this. More Zelda was sold to 20 million Gamecube owners then to 100 million Wii owners. Less then half the people who bought TP on Wii went on to buy Skyward Sword. That's disastrous. I think the series really needs a "reboot". (no not a guns n' blood n' boobz "mature" one before you jump on me...)

I'm not spinning anything, by the time SS launched the wii was already old hat to alot of people.
Had it launched at the height of it's popularity (2008-2009) it would be a much different picture.

#43 Posted by Giancar (19063 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]This happened last year with the 3DS. Nintendo will announce a Spring/Summer price drop, a whack of first-party games at E3 and people will be running out to buy one. Nintendo will proceed to print money yet again. Haters will concede.

A new gaming phase, huh? > Extremely positive about Nintendo Business > Extremely negative about Sony and MS
#44 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] The numbers refer to the install base of the consoles. So they sold more Windwaker to 20 million people then Skyward Sword to 100 million. locopatho

Maybe have the original concept behind the Zelda series. The game was originally supposed to take place in the future with a futuristic aesthetic and the past with a medieval aesthetic.

Also people did give up on the Wii after Super Mario Galaxy 2 was released. I remember hearing many people say that they sold their Wii's in late 2010, some as early as 2009.

#45 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -
I still looking forward more to the next Mario and Zelda game then pretty much anything else on the market. Then again you can't really blame me when they still end up being some of the highest rated games and best game games.
#46 Posted by lightleggy (15974 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] The numbers refer to the install base of the consoles. So they sold more Windwaker to 20 million people then Skyward Sword to 100 million. locopatho

How would a Zelda reboot work? The only way in which every game of the franchise relates is by Nintendo saying it does...
#47 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8954 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

Except there is not Mario Metroid or Zelda on the Wii U atm, or anything else. And no NSMBU doesn't count.

lightleggy

NSMBU does count simply because it's a Mario game, im happy to see people are no longer falling for rehashes. and correct me if im wrong but didn't pikmin sold poorly on the GC? It was a good game but only popular amongst fans.

But the level design quality is so much better in the New Super Mario Bros. series than the Mario Galaxy series. Some of the mose clever and satisfying secrets occur in the NSMB games. I've yet to see another 2D platformer do that aspect better. If the quality continues to remain this high and the developers can keep coming up with fresh and clever levels like they have been, I want this series to continue to sell very well.

#48 Posted by KungfuKitten (21059 posts) -

The only thing slaughtered is the media so far. The sales are apparently not too good? But the PS4/720 haven't sold a single unit yet.

#49 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8954 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]WW launched when the GC was alive and well. SS launched when the wii was just about dead in the public eye.

lightleggy

How would a Zelda reboot work? The only way in which every game of the franchise relates is by Nintendo saying it does...

Well, Skyward Sword->Ocarina of Time->Wind Waker connect quite explicitly. Those are the only three I count in any serious continuity. I call it the Zelda trilogy and it couldn't have had a stronger or more brilliant ending.

hmmm, I wonder if the Zelda series will ever have a story as strong as Wind Wakers again? Wind Waker's tale was at least twice as brilliant as any of the other installments in the series... what people were in charge of that aspect for Wind Waker I wonder

#50 Posted by Novotine (1199 posts) -
Yep, the Wii U is DEAD.