Has there been a fighting game announced for PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gamerdude970 (357 posts) -

Where are the fighting games for ps4. Xbox One has Killer Instinct but i have yet to see a fighter for the ps4, its a letdown for me becuase fighting games are my favorite genre. 

#2 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1150 posts) -
Well in time there will be plenty.
#3 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5232 posts) -

Divekick

#4 Posted by millerlight89 (18594 posts) -

Divekick

NathanDrakeSwag
HAHAHAHAHA
#5 Posted by gamerdude970 (357 posts) -

Well in time there will be plenty.GhettoBlastin92

hopfully just imangine a next gen Dead or Alive or Street Fighter.

#6 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3493 posts) -
Guilty Gear Xrd
#7 Posted by cfisher2833 (1720 posts) -

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

Divekick

millerlight89

HAHAHAHAHA

Divekick actually looks quite good. It is a little odd that not many fighting games have been announced though, considering the PS3 was pretty much the go-to console for fighting games this gen. I guess it's just in line with not having many Japanese games in the launch window. 

#8 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6601 posts) -
Not yet but you can bet your ass once again Sony will be fighting game king again.
#9 Posted by 06 (932 posts) -
I'm sure NR is working on the next MK and most likely it will be on all next gen systems... Well maybe, not sure if WiiU will be around by then... I kid, I kid, lol. For real though, that might be the only "next gen" system it might not make it too, and I can't wait for them to release it so I can get an Injustice sequel on PS4!
#10 Posted by Spartan070 (16367 posts) -
The Playstation brand has been synonymous with fighters for 18 years, very curious there's no fighter even on the 2014 horizon. Maybe PS gamers can hope for the Bloody Roar rumors to be true of browse the Indie bins. Oh well, looking forward to Killer Instinct myself.
#11 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10658 posts) -

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

Divekick

cfisher2833

HAHAHAHAHA

Divekick actually looks quite good. It is a little odd that not many fighting games have been announced though, considering the PS3 was pretty much the go-to console for fighting games this gen. I guess it's just in line with not having many Japanese games in the launch window. 

Divekick is a pile of shit dude, come on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8VXlAHpomM

#12 Posted by Shensolidus (931 posts) -

Theres a few that i'm sure will get people interested. There a really big one coming in 2015, and a few others in 2014.

#13 Posted by cfisher2833 (1720 posts) -

[QUOTE="cfisher2833"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] HAHAHAHAHAR3FURBISHED

You want me to think the game is shit so you show me a video of guys playing the game and having an amazing time? :?

#14 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

The only fighting game I know that's from Sony exclusively is playstation all stars. Since when has Sony ever made a fighting game? Also killer instinct was a rush job from microsoft and there is a reason killer instinct hasn't been around all these years. It's a crappy fighter

#15 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10658 posts) -

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="cfisher2833"]

cfisher2833

You want me to think the game is shit so you show me a video of guys playing the game and having an amazing time? :?

Look at the game! It uses two buttons, everything is a one hit KO, the "graphics" are from the early 90s.

Objectively, Divekick has zero redeeming quantities.

Divekick-u!!

#16 Posted by Spartan070 (16367 posts) -

Divekick

NathanDrakeSwag
* Hates on Ryse for simple input method * Hates on Killer Instinct, the only next-gen fighter * Hypes fighting game with one move :lol:
#17 Posted by Spartan070 (16367 posts) -

Theres a few that i'm sure will get people interested. There a really big one coming in 2015, and a few others in 2014.

Shensolidus
Haven't heard, spill the beans lol! :P
#18 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Dont think so..but im sure it'll be the dominant console for fighters soon. The tekkens and street fighters and all that will find its way eventually
#19 Posted by Spartan070 (16367 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]Dont think so..but im sure it'll be the dominant console for fighters soon. The tekkens and street fighters and all that will find its way eventually

Those will be multiplat though...rumors are circling about a PS4 exclusive Bloody Roar though, which would be amazing.
#20 Posted by syztem (7705 posts) -

Possibly Xrd. Which I imagine would be an exclusive.

#21 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="campzor"]Dont think so..but im sure it'll be the dominant console for fighters soon. The tekkens and street fighters and all that will find its way eventually

Those will be multiplat though...rumors are circling about a PS4 exclusive Bloody Roar though, which would be amazing.

street fighter imo is the best fighting series, so doesnt matter exclusive or not :P Also that would be FANTASTIC if bloody roar will be coming back, i LOVED those games.
#22 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5232 posts) -

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

Divekick

Spartan070

* Hates on Ryse for simple input method * Hates on Killer Instinct, the only next-gen fighter * Hypes fighting game with one move :lol:

lol Ryse

#23 Posted by finalstar2007 (25334 posts) -

No offense to fighting fans but i dislike it that everytime a big company announce a fighting game ( like SE when they brought dissidia or when namco brings on tekken, when sony brought playstation all stars, etc ) over creating other non-fighting IP's.. fighting games are the most repetitive titles in the gaming world and i hate it! there is no fun to them whats so ever so not having a fighting game on the PS4 as something big like on the xbox is such a huge plus for me.

#24 Posted by linkdarkside (6255 posts) -

i hope Neather Realm studio is working on something Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice God Among Us were awesome.

#25 Posted by Spartan070 (16367 posts) -

No offense to fighting fans but i dislike it that everytime a big company announce a fighting game ( like SE when they brought dissidia or when namco brings on tekken, when sony brought playstation all stars, etc ) over creating other non-fighting IP's.. fighting games are the most repetitive titles in the gaming world and i hate it! there is no fun to them whats so ever so not having a fighting game on the PS4 as something big like on the xbox is such a huge plus for me.

finalstar2007
I see your point but anything with a highly competitive multiplayer element usually stays fresh a while. One can still find Soul Calibur tourneys on Twitch.
#26 Posted by TheGrat1 (4251 posts) -

[QUOTE="cfisher2833"]

C'mon man, that is obviously a stupid idea gone absolutely right! I was LMAOing the entire video! :lol: Yes, it has 0 cred as a real fighter but if you don't think that can be fun with a bunch of friends you have no imagination. That would be great to play against friends of mine that won't pick up Tekken/SF/Smash because i'm so much better than them.
#27 Posted by PinkiePirate (2087 posts) -

Divekick, lol.

#28 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5237 posts) -

X1 controller is ass for fighters so why would you even want a fighter on X1

#29 Posted by stereointegrity (10742 posts) -

[QUOTE="cfisher2833"]

what the crap was that
#30 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14686 posts) -

The Playstation brand has been synonymous with fighters for 18 years, very curious there's no fighter even on the 2014 horizon. Maybe PS gamers can hope for the Bloody Roar rumors to be true of browse the Indie bins. Oh well, looking forward to Killer Instinct myself.Spartan070

Oh man a new Bloody Roar would be amazing.

#31 Posted by Malta_1980 (11437 posts) -

Well I'm pretty sure there will be fighting games coming out from well established series (SF, MK, VF, DoA, Tekken etc etc)

However if you're looking at exclusives I dont see much possibilities except maybe PSABR2

#32 Posted by Raziel831991 (460 posts) -

No but it really doesnt matter, playstation fans that like fighting games can just buy Blazblue CP next year.

Which I imagine would be an exclusive.

syztem

Considering Blazblue CP is a ps3 exclusive I say thats highly possible, specially considering that games made by arc system works always sold like shit on 360.

#33 Posted by sandbox3d (5120 posts) -

I'm certain that just about every relevant fighting series will make its way to the PS4.

If this is just a pissing contest over exclusive fighters then lol @ you.

#34 Posted by ShaineTheNerd (1345 posts) -
I saw a fighter for PS4, but it wasn't note worthy.
#35 Posted by Obviously_Right (5103 posts) -

Tekken X Street Fighter

#36 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3493 posts) -

Possibly Xrd. Which I imagine would be an exclusive.

syztem
Nah, Xbox fans loved Guilty Gear. Xbox fans hated Blazblue due to them thinking its anime weaboo uguu crap (but it isn't).
#37 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9105 posts) -

one of the genres in gaming that can bemefit the least from a generational leap right now is the fighting genre. Why would we need fighters to be announced for these consoles when we have so many high quality titles from the last gen we can still play and probably wouldn't be any different if they released on the new consoles? This is hardly a point against PS4 in the slightest.

*goes back to playing Super Street Fighter IV on PS3*

#38 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

finalstar2007

Fighting games have more variety than CoD.

#39 Posted by NFJSupreme (5380 posts) -
nope. That's why cows are so jelly of KI.
#40 Posted by Joedgabe (5129 posts) -

Have you palyed all the fighting games this generation ? there's some pretty great ones..... why need more? Besides.. some of us are waiting on Street Fighter Alpha 4.

#41 Posted by gamerdude970 (357 posts) -

Douevenlift_bro

fighters are ment to be played with a stick. controllers are ass for fighter period.

#42 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9105 posts) -

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

gamerdude970

fighters are ment to be played with a stick. controllers are ass for fighter period.

Quoted for truth

#43 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Shensolidus
Still pretending to be an insider. What you just said anyone could come up with and it ends up being a fact (And no brainer.) Well I have a prediction for you. Nintendo has a game with Mario in it coming up in 2015.
#44 Posted by nini200 (9947 posts) -

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

Divekick

cfisher2833

HAHAHAHAHA

A fighting game that you can only jump and kick looks good? HAHAHAHAHA I do have to admit though, I'd try it out because it was hilarious if anything. I won't be getting a PS4 until King Of Fighters releases. Hopefully by that time, a new Virtua Fighter would be out for it as well.
#45 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Douevenlift_bro
Have you used one? No. So STFU.
#46 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -
Fighting games are getting kinda old. By I'm sure Namco will have a Soul Calibur/Tekken game in the near future for Next-Gen. I don't think the demand is as big anymore. Lately, it's all about FPS and open world games.
#47 Posted by nini200 (9947 posts) -

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

gamerdude970

Funny because I beat alot of stick players at tournaments with a pad. Pad or Stick is a preference.
#48 Posted by doll94 (1559 posts) -
[QUOTE="cfisher2833"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] HAHAHAHAHAnini200

A fighting game that you can only jump and kick looks good? HAHAHAHAHA I do have to admit though, I'd try it out because it was hilarious if anything. I won't be getting a PS4 until King Of Fighters releases. Hopefully by that time, a new Virtua Fighter would be out for it as well.

Divekick is actually awesome. And fighters are my favourite games. As odd as it sounds the game is legit.
#49 Posted by nini200 (9947 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="cfisher2833"]

doll94

Divekick is actually awesome. And fighters are my favourite games. As odd as it sounds the game is legit.

Yea I've seen tournament play of it and it looks funny as heck. i did like the chick with the portals and I'm sure the game is very intense as you can only get hit once per match
#50 Posted by doll94 (1559 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="doll94"][QUOTE="nini200"] A fighting game that you can only jump and kick looks good? HAHAHAHAHA I do have to admit though, I'd try it out because it was hilarious if anything. I won't be getting a PS4 until King Of Fighters releases. Hopefully by that time, a new Virtua Fighter would be out for it as well.

Yea I've seen tournament play of it and it looks funny as heck. i did like the chick with the portals and I'm sure the game is very intense as you can only get hit once per match

I cant use her at all. I might try later actually. The game is surprisingly deep for a two button fighter. Air specials, ground specials and backdashes are all different for every character. You really need to learn the matchups to keep on top. And with only 20 second round timer the game still manages to punish impatience. If you go rushing in just divekicking everywhere you're gonna get wrecked. Its also damn fun to just piss about with mates :D Nobody gets salty whilst playing Divekick.