Has pc hit an incredible new low point?

  • 124 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by uninspiredcup (9021 posts) 5 months, 13 days ago

Poll: Has pc hit an incredible new low point? (76 votes)

Yes 28%
No 72%

It seems, amatuer mods, reusing practically all of the assets from portal 2, are being sold.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280740

It's worth noting, unlike other titles that originated from mods, this required Portal 2 in order to play. and reuses mod, if not all assets.

With early access, greenlight and now selling childlike mods with a bad gun model, is steam, the savoir or pc gaming, quickly going down the prevail gutter? Like that man melting due to flying too close to the sun, has Gabe Newells aspirations overcame ability?

#1 Edited by freedomfreak (41041 posts) -

Splatoon>>>

#2 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

Cherry picking proves nothing. Back under the bridge with you.

#3 Posted by Roler42 (770 posts) -

no

#4 Edited by Jankarcop (9640 posts) -

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

#5 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

how much lower can you get than rock bottom?

#6 Posted by lostrib (37808 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

how much lower can you get than rock bottom?

How much lower can you get?

#7 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13798 posts) -

This is Just another day in System Whores !

#8 Posted by lawlessx (46781 posts) -

Features

  • It's time to think with a Paint Gun! Play Portal 2 like you've never played it before!
  • 26 polished and detailed maps! That is roughly 40% of the maps in Portal 2.
  • A new character with full voice acting!
  • Source Instances to create your own paint gun maps!
  • Custom paint gun model!
  • Music by Abarax!

Not bad..will keep this on my list

#9 Posted by farrell2k (6393 posts) -

No, but you have hit a new low. Why does anyone reply to this guy's threads?

#10 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

+1 post count.

#11 Posted by PapaTrop (1362 posts) -

I'll buy it if I see a commercial for it on tv.

#12 Posted by lundy86_4 (43571 posts) -

Going from the features lawless posted, then it seems like a neat idea.

#13 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

#14 Posted by Jankarcop (9640 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

#15 Posted by lostrib (37808 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

are you even a PC gamer?

#16 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

So you admit that:

A) Your rig is shit

or

B) You have no rig

Prove you are actually master race or forever be deemed a peasant.

#17 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

are you even a PC gamer?

Most PC gamers are proud to show off their rigs. He's obviously not.

#18 Edited by lostrib (37808 posts) -

@inb4uall Did you finish building your rig and ascend to Teh Master Race?

#19 Posted by lawlessx (46781 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

so you're not a PC gamer? lol

#20 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@inb4uall Did you finish building your rig and ascend to Teh Master Race?

I have all the parts. I'm waiting till a friend gets back from vacation how has done it before. I'm fairly confident I could do it but I want a safety net to prevent me from doing something stupid on accident.

#21 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@lostrib: " Did you finish building your rig and ascend to Teh Master Race?"

Well, many prefer not to show their rig. It solidifies PC beggar status.

#22 Edited by lostrib (37808 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib: " Did you finish building your rig and ascend to Teh Master Race?"

Well, many prefer not to show their rig. It solidifies PC beggar status.

I wasn't asking him to show it. I had discussed parts with him in the past, and knew he had settled on a build so I thought I'd ask how it went

#23 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib: " Did you finish building your rig and ascend to Teh Master Race?"

Well, many prefer not to show their rig. It solidifies PC beggar status.

You'd do well to mind your own business on things you nothing about.

#24 Posted by lawlessx (46781 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@lostrib said:

@inb4uall Did you finish building your rig and ascend to Teh Master Race?

I have all the parts. I'm waiting till a friend gets back from vacation how has done it before. I'm fairly confident I could do it but I want a safety net to prevent me from doing something stupid on accident.

you should look at some video guides while you wait for your friend to return.

#25 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@inb4uall said:

@lostrib said:

@inb4uall Did you finish building your rig and ascend to Teh Master Race?

I have all the parts. I'm waiting till a friend gets back from vacation how has done it before. I'm fairly confident I could do it but I want a safety net to prevent me from doing something stupid on accident.

you should look at some video guides while you wait for your friend to return.

I have. Lol

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib: " Did you finish building your rig and ascend to Teh Master Race?"

Well, many prefer not to show their rig. It solidifies PC beggar status.

I wasn't asking him to show it. I had discussed parts with him in the past, and knew he had settled on a build so I thought I'd ask how it went

This is the build I went with then. hopefully the link works this time. link

#26 Posted by Gue1 (10223 posts) -

nah, I've seen worse. PC gaming has the most pirates after all, that's why herms hardly have any Triple A games of their own. Only hand me down console ports like the Star Citizen guy said.

#27 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25637 posts) -

Things like this get charged on Consoles all the time.

Also I have a feeling you are just show casing this bit of DLC to us to give more recognition.

#28 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

@inb4uall: r9 270x, i3 4330, h87, 8gb ram, solid psu, and no optical drive. very nice.

fuckin' oath man, just a smidge over 600. that seems really good to me. i think you've done well.

the tiniest of suggestions (which you might have planned to do anyway): please put the bios in RAID mode before installing the os, that way in the future if you do decide to use the intel srt thing (i endorse it), you won't have to format.

#29 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@inb4uall: r9 270x, i3 4330, h87, 8gb ram, solid psu, and no optical drive. very nice.

fuckin' oath man, just a smidge over 600. that seems really good to me. i think you've done well.

the tiniest of suggestions (which you might have planned to do anyway): please put the bios in RAID mode before installing the os, that way in the future if you do decide to use the intel srt thing (i endorse it), you won't have to format.

Cool I'll keep that in mind.

#30 Posted by Jankarcop (9640 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

so you're not a PC gamer? lol

No I am not. I am simply a someone who wants to spread truths.

#31 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@lawlessx said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

so you're not a PC gamer? lol

No I am not. I am simply a someone who wants to spread truths.

Screen-capped.

#32 Posted by pyro1245 (873 posts) -

PC gaming is what it is because of freedom. Things like Steam and Valve will come and go.

#33 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17984 posts) -

Don't bother saying anything anti-pc on this forum. It's overwhelmingly hermit central. I've had my posts flagged and even locked just because I dare say something critical about pc gaming.

#34 Posted by lawlessx (46781 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Don't bother saying anything anti-pc on this forum. It's overwhelmingly hermit central. I've had my posts flagged and even locked just because I dare say something critical about pc gaming.

your threads get flagged and locked because they're stupid.

#35 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@lawlessx said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Don't bother saying anything anti-pc on this forum. It's overwhelmingly hermit central. I've had my posts flagged and even locked just because I dare say something critical about pc gaming.

your threads get flagged and locked because they're stupid.

i thought it was because the button was like, right there?

and solid game, i thought you was a herm?

#36 Posted by Jankarcop (9640 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

@lawlessx said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

so you're not a PC gamer? lol

No I am not. I am simply a someone who wants to spread truths.

Screen-capped.

I died for PCs sins.

#37 Posted by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

lol that game is less than $5 bucks who cares. I spend more when I eat at chicfila

#38 Edited by Jankarcop (9640 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Don't bother saying anything anti-pc on this forum. It's overwhelmingly hermit central. I've had my posts flagged and even locked just because I dare say something critical about pc gaming.

1. It's not just "gamespot". Its everywhere. Look at the latest gamers list, PC has almost as many as gamers as 6 consoles. It has double the hardware sales of consoles Steams highest concurrent is 4x larger than XBLs last recorded, and thats not even all of PC services. You tend to have "fans" everywhere w/ those numbers.

2. Anti-PC posts usually use lies and or no-sources, because there really is no dirt on PC. Not using sources or lying usually results in flag/ban/lock.

#39 Posted by evildead6789 (7917 posts) -

gaming is at an all time low in general

only virtual reality can save it

#40 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

@lawlessx said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

so you're not a PC gamer? lol

No I am not. I am simply a someone who wants to spread truths.

Screen-capped.

I died for PCs sins.

Glad we have proof you're a faker.

#41 Posted by lostrib (37808 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Don't bother saying anything anti-pc on this forum. It's overwhelmingly hermit central. I've had my posts flagged and even locked just because I dare say something critical about pc gaming.

...somehow I doubt that's the reason. Plus, if your posts get flagged and there's nothing wrong with them, a mod won't punish you

#42 Posted by lostrib (37808 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

@lawlessx said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

so you're not a PC gamer? lol

No I am not. I am simply a someone who wants to spread truths.

Screen-capped.

we should spread this truth

#43 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

@lawlessx said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

Don't most conosle games do this with map packs and dlc but charge a lot more and more often and almost make them requirements if u wanna keep playing w/ friends?

Lets see those specs ya fake.

Make me.

so you're not a PC gamer? lol

No I am not. I am simply a someone who wants to spread truths.

Screen-capped.

we should spread this truth

Indeed.

#44 Edited by foxhound_fox (88804 posts) -

So essentially it's really late DLC.

You are bitching about a $7 expansion pack that's currently on sale for 33% off.

Speaking of 33% off, I just bought Abyss Odyssey. Looks amazing.

#45 Edited by uninspiredcup (9021 posts) -

My friends, just imagine if Bethesda decided to do this. They have already mentioned wanting mods on consoles.

By selecting the best most popular mods, sticking a price on them, not only can they put them on consoles, they can make revenue from them.

Rather than the immediate moment, having a grand perspective of possible outcomes (like me) can help one see the possible dangers.

Also I'm buying this to assess the quality. Specifically for you.

#46 Posted by lostrib (37808 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, just imagine if Bethesda decided to do this. They have already mentioned wanting mods on consoles.

By selecting the best most popular mods, sticking a price on them, not only can they put them on consoles, they can make revenue from them.

Rather than the immediate moment, having a grand perspective of possible outcomes (like me) can help one see the possible dangers.

Also I'm buying this to assess the quality. Specifically for you.

No one cares what you think

All you do is lie on this forum

#47 Posted by uninspiredcup (9021 posts) -

Looking at the reviews, it appears the angry pc peoples are review bombing it.

#48 Posted by m3dude1 (1369 posts) -

low? yes. new? no.

#49 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

LOL uninspiredcup thread. Nothing to see here folk, move along.

#50 Posted by uninspiredcup (9021 posts) -

My womb is deeply conflicted. One one hand, I want to support mod developers who put the effort in. On the other, it's a dangerous thing to support, since greedy peoples could try make it standard fodder.