Has party chat ruined multiplayer gaming?

  • 94 results
  • 1
  • 2
Edited 2 months, 24 days ago

Poll: Has party chat ruined multiplayer gaming? (30 votes)

Yes (also pc sucks) 40%
party chat hasnt ruined anything (but dont believe me because i am stupid anyway) 60%

back in the day you would enter a halo lobby and hear people talking shit from the get go, your team mates would actually talk to u and not be muted zombies like they are now. gears of war 1 was the shit early into x360 life as well as halo 3. i would actually leave a gears 1 lobby if no one was talking, i found it very hard to play multiplayer games without talking to someone.

then around 2010 i feel most people and their friends had bought x360 so they would stay in party chat. more often than not it was me by myself along with a party of 3 taking on a team. this fukin SUCKS. multiplayer is supposed to be a social experience

most of my 80+ friends i have made on xbl are from the gears 1/halo 3 days, now i know what u noobs are going to say 'bu-bu- why dont u play with your real life friends!!!' well smart ass my real life friends are casual gamers who only pay fifa and u cant make new friends if everyone else and their grandma is on party chat all the damn time

now on to the pc sucks part, mod abuse is the name of the game. say anything mods dont like on server? muted, banned, booted. no freedom of speech what so ever.

#rant over

#1 Posted by BldgIrsh (2579 posts) -

Need to improve your trolling.

#2 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

I'd imagine many of those people would just not talk if there was no party chat

#3 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Need to improve your trolling.

thank you for your feedback. could u please be more specific

#pcsucks

#4 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

"now on to the pc sucks part, mod abuse is the name of the game. say anything mods dont like on server? muted, banned, booted. no freedom of speech what so ever."

why would you have freedom of speech in that situation anyways?

#5 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

"now on to the pc sucks part, mod abuse is the name of the game. say anything mods dont like on server? muted, banned, booted. no freedom of speech what so ever."

why would you have freedom of speech in that situation anyways?

well as a primary console gamer i am not used to being booted out of a game just because of something i said. that is so damn stupid, i should be allowed to say whatever the hell i want

#6 Edited by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

"now on to the pc sucks part, mod abuse is the name of the game. say anything mods dont like on server? muted, banned, booted. no freedom of speech what so ever."

why would you have freedom of speech in that situation anyways?

well as a primary console gamer i am not used to being booted out of a game just because of something i said. that is so damn stupid, i should be allowed to say whatever the hell i want

you do realize you can't even do that on consoles right?

And no, you shouldn't be allowed to say whatever you want

#7 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

"now on to the pc sucks part, mod abuse is the name of the game. say anything mods dont like on server? muted, banned, booted. no freedom of speech what so ever."

why would you have freedom of speech in that situation anyways?

well as a primary console gamer i am not used to being booted out of a game just because of something i said. that is so damn stupid, i should be allowed to say whatever the hell i want

you do realize you can't even do that on consoles right?

And no, you shouldn't be allowed to say whatever you want

lol wtf, freedom of speech is essential, only master pleb race members who are used to dictatorships are against it. not being able to boot someone from a game is a plus for console gaming and just proves how superior consoles are

#8 Posted by gameofthering (10255 posts) -

It was great on the 360. Didn't have to listen/talk to random people.

#9 Posted by madsnakehhh (14377 posts) -

People ruinded multiplayer gaming, nowadays i only play DOTA2 with real life friends, aside from that, i tend to stay away from any other online game, aside fighters of course.

#10 Edited by KHAndAnime (13746 posts) -

OP, are you one of those 12 year old's trying to sing Selena Gomez over the mic?

#11 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

you do realize you can't even do that on consoles right?

And no, you shouldn't be allowed to say whatever you want

lol wtf, freedom of speech is essential, only master pleb race members who are used to dictatorships are against it. not being able to boot someone from a game is a plus for console gaming and just proves how superior consoles are

You mean dictatorships like XBL and PSN where you can be banned if you say the wrong thing?

You have no right to free speech there. It's their server/network/property and they should be allowed to moderate it as they see fit.

#12 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

OP, are you one of those 12 year old's trying to sing Selena Gomez over the mic?

no, u are confusing me with @princessgomez92

i am neither 12 or a gomez fan

#13 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

People ruinded multiplayer gaming, nowadays i only play DOTA2 with real life friends, aside from that, i tend to stay away from any other online game, aside fighters of course.

probably good, I've heard that DOTA2 has one of the worst communities

#14 Posted by heretrix (37379 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

well as a primary console gamer i am not used to being booted out of a game just because of something i said. that is so damn stupid, i should be allowed to say whatever the hell i want

That's the great thing about the mute button. It eliminates the need of me hearing some asshole that thinks he clever when he's actually dumber than a box of hex nuts.

No one should be forced to listen to nonstop bullshit when they don't want to. If you were interesting they probably wouldn't be muting you. That's why they have party chat, it gives you the ability to talk to people you actually WANT to talk to.

#15 Posted by getyeryayasout (7493 posts) -

Before party chat, I mostly remember hearing garbled rap being pumped through other players headsets while waiting in lobbies, and lots of adults saying inappropriate things to kids...good times.

#16 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

i should be allowed to say whatever the hell i want

No, you absolutely should not.

#17 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

you do realize you can't even do that on consoles right?

And no, you shouldn't be allowed to say whatever you want

lol wtf, freedom of speech is essential, only master pleb race members who are used to dictatorships are against it. not being able to boot someone from a game is a plus for console gaming and just proves how superior consoles are

You mean dictatorships like XBL and PSN where you can be banned if you say the wrong thing?

You have no right to free speech there. It's their server/network/property and they should be allowed to moderate it as they see fit.

that what? provide an example of a user getting banned because of something he said during a multiplayer game.

@heretrix said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

well as a primary console gamer i am not used to being booted out of a game just because of something i said. that is so damn stupid, i should be allowed to say whatever the hell i want

That's the great thing about the mute button. It eliminates the need of me hearing some asshole that thinks he clever when he's actually dumber than a box of hex nuts.

No one should be forced to listen to nonstop bullshit when they don't want to. If you were interesting they probably wouldn't be muting you. That's why they have party chat, it gives you the ability to talk to people you actually WANT to talk to.

i never said anything bad about the mute button, my gripe is with party chat, it sucks

#18 Posted by mems_1224 (47132 posts) -

Nope, its made it better. Now I dont have to listen to all the stupid asshole online and can just talk to my friends.

#19 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

you do realize you can't even do that on consoles right?

And no, you shouldn't be allowed to say whatever you want

lol wtf, freedom of speech is essential, only master pleb race members who are used to dictatorships are against it. not being able to boot someone from a game is a plus for console gaming and just proves how superior consoles are

You mean dictatorships like XBL and PSN where you can be banned if you say the wrong thing?

You have no right to free speech there. It's their server/network/property and they should be allowed to moderate it as they see fit.

that what? provide an example of a user getting banned because of something he said during a multiplayer game.

It's covered in the code of conduct for xbox live. Heck people were getting bans for cursing in uploaded clips.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/microsoft-confirms-xbox-live-bans-for-excessive-profanity-in-uploaded-clips/

#20 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@Blueresident87 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

i should be allowed to say whatever the hell i want

No, you absolutely should not.

holy shit, master pleb race is so deprived i swear, why the hell shouldnt i be allowed to say what i want?

#21 Posted by sibu_xgamer (339 posts) -

Yes MS and the xbox generation ruined multiplayer but then again nobody expected any less from MS.

#22 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23741 posts) -

maybe a little but i still use it because there is always some half wit playing some shitty death metal band over it or kids with the tv turned up too loud.

#23 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Blueresident87 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

i should be allowed to say whatever the hell i want

No, you absolutely should not.

holy shit, master pleb race is so deprived i swear, why the hell shouldnt i be allowed to say what i want?

because their rules say you can't, and they have every right to make those rules

#24 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

you do realize you can't even do that on consoles right?

And no, you shouldn't be allowed to say whatever you want

lol wtf, freedom of speech is essential, only master pleb race members who are used to dictatorships are against it. not being able to boot someone from a game is a plus for console gaming and just proves how superior consoles are

You mean dictatorships like XBL and PSN where you can be banned if you say the wrong thing?

You have no right to free speech there. It's their server/network/property and they should be allowed to moderate it as they see fit.

that what? provide an example of a user getting banned because of something he said during a multiplayer game.

It's covered in the code of conduct for xbox live. Heck people were getting bans for cursing in uploaded clips.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/microsoft-confirms-xbox-live-bans-for-excessive-profanity-in-uploaded-clips/

so no example of anyone getting banned for swearing why playing multiplayer? because it doesnt happen

#25 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

that what? provide an example of a user getting banned because of something he said during a multiplayer game.

It's covered in the code of conduct for xbox live. Heck people were getting bans for cursing in uploaded clips.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/microsoft-confirms-xbox-live-bans-for-excessive-profanity-in-uploaded-clips/

so no example of anyone getting banned for swearing why playing multiplayer? because it doesnt happen

I never said anything about multiplayer games. But yes you can be reported and banned for abuse of the voice chat. it's in the code of conduct.

#26 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

that what? provide an example of a user getting banned because of something he said during a multiplayer game.

It's covered in the code of conduct for xbox live. Heck people were getting bans for cursing in uploaded clips.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/microsoft-confirms-xbox-live-bans-for-excessive-profanity-in-uploaded-clips/

so no example of anyone getting banned for swearing why playing multiplayer? because it doesnt happen

I never said anything about multiplayer games. But yes you can be reported and banned for abuse of the voice chat. it's in the code of conduct.

lol code of conduct. it never happens, no one ever gets banned because of something they said during multiplayer gaming. on pc however u can

#27 Edited by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

I never said anything about multiplayer games. But yes you can be reported and banned for abuse of the voice chat. it's in the code of conduct.

lol code of conduct. it never happens, no one ever gets banned because of something they said during multiplayer gaming. on pc however u can

That's entirely untrue.

#28 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

I never said anything about multiplayer games. But yes you can be reported and banned for abuse of the voice chat. it's in the code of conduct.

lol code of conduct. it never happens, no one ever gets banned because of something they said during multiplayer gaming. on pc however u can

That's entirely untrue.

provide examples then. show me a user that got banned on xbl because of this

#29 Posted by Wasdie (49907 posts) -

It's only ever provided me with the best that gaming communities have to offer. "Private chat" on the PC includes VoiP servers where you can have dozens of people chatting in a bunch of different rooms at the same time.

I hope the PS4/Xbox One get services like Teamspeak and Mumble. They are fantastic. Being able to have multiple chat rooms set up allows communities to have a common place to talk yet still the separation they need when playing games. At night I log into my group's Teamspeak server and just pop into the channel of the game I want to play. Usually I'm in the Planetside 2 channels with everybody playing but other times I pop into one of the other channels as I play other games. This frees up the Planetside 2 channel for game-specific discussion.

VoiP services are the best and party chat is the closest the consoles have to that. I just hope they expand them on the consoles to feature dedicated VoiP servers and all of that stuff.

#30 Edited by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

I never said anything about multiplayer games. But yes you can be reported and banned for abuse of the voice chat. it's in the code of conduct.

lol code of conduct. it never happens, no one ever gets banned because of something they said during multiplayer gaming. on pc however u can

That's entirely untrue.

provide examples then. show me a user that got banned on xbl because of this

it's in the code of conduct. and i already showed they will ban users for cursing based on that code of conduct

#31 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

I never said anything about multiplayer games. But yes you can be reported and banned for abuse of the voice chat. it's in the code of conduct.

lol code of conduct. it never happens, no one ever gets banned because of something they said during multiplayer gaming. on pc however u can

That's entirely untrue.

provide examples then. show me a user that got banned on xbl because of this

it's in the code of conduct. and i already showed they will ban users for cursing based on that code of conduct

haha so no examples? i dont care if its their code of conduct because they never enforce it. and even if they choose to im guessing their woudl be a procedure they go through unlike pc where if a mod doesnt like what u say boom banned/muted

#32 Edited by tormentos (18092 posts) -

Never like it,it totally killed team play,i remember how empty Halo reach was for me,because most people were party chatting it took it so much away from the games.

Then it was use to cheat,team players that were dead would tell players who still alive where enemies were on the on the game,reason why some modes in COD and some other games use to block party chat.

But lemming use to love it,funny how they now don't even mention party chat any more or care,and now the PS4 has party chat cross platform so they care even less.

#33 Posted by Hate_me_now22 (24 posts) -

1) Freedom of speech is not universal. Even in countries where it's a recognized right, there are limitations.

2) Party chat allows me to talk to people I want to talk to. I do imagine that some games/game modes would benefit from required game chat. However, you could also just invite the people in the lobby to a party.

#34 Posted by clyde46 (46258 posts) -

I used to have fun jumping into random rooms back when I played Rainbow Six Vegas on the 360. Met a good few friends on there that I actually met outside the game. That being said, the amount of times I had to mute idiots and tools vastly outweighed the good times I had. Now I play only with friends on consoles or I try and find a good TS server for my PC games.

#35 Edited by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol code of conduct. it never happens, no one ever gets banned because of something they said during multiplayer gaming. on pc however u can

That is just not true. At all.

#36 Posted by clyde46 (46258 posts) -

@hate_me_now22 said:

1) Freedom of speech is not universal. Even in countries where it's a recognized right, there are limitations.

2) Party chat allows me to talk to people I want to talk to. I do imagine that some games/game modes would benefit from required game chat. However, you could also just invite the people in the lobby to a party.

Freedom of Speech? On my server? Bahahhahahahaha. *Banned*

#37 Posted by Bigboi500 (29889 posts) -

poor bastard... doesn't have any real friends and can't spell out the word "you" properly. boo hoo. Party chat is so much better than listening to random weirdos all day.

#38 Posted by Mr-Powers (326 posts) -

I guess it depends on the game.

#39 Edited by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

provide examples then. show me a user that got banned on xbl because of this

it's in the code of conduct. and i already showed they will ban users for cursing based on that code of conduct

haha so no examples? i dont care if its their code of conduct because they never enforce it. and even if they choose to im guessing their woudl be a procedure they go through unlike pc where if a mod doesnt like what u say boom banned/muted

Except they do enforce the code of conduct for inappropriate use of voice system

why shouldn't a server mod be allowed to enforce the server rules?

#40 Edited by jg4xchamp (48104 posts) -

Eh, I get it, because I'm not going to front there was a lot of fun in being able to trash talk online, and then backing it all up, and then making sure the other fucking team knew you whipped that ass ALL OVER that map.

But at the same time after you get older that shit like...eh, I can shit talk like no tomorrow, but it's just not the same anymore, and it honestly it gets tiring at this point. Plus some people are straight rude and hateful about it, that it's like this isn't as much fun. Plus it's easier to just get online with your buddies, shoot the shit, and then talk about whatever the fuck, and not have that conversation interrupted by some asshole going "FUCK YOU YOU *insert slur*". So not going to look at party chat as a bad thing.

I will say I get it, I do remember having a whole lot of fun talking shit on Unreal 2k4 and Halo 2, and even something as recent as Reach.

There is something lost though in terms of just making new buddies via online matches, because for Gears of War 1 I remember getting a whole group of people that I friended just over public lobbies, so eventually it got to a point where me and a buddy would open a lobby, and invite a bunch of people. Usually the same people would show up, and it was fun times. Good shooting action. Haven't had anything like that on consoles in awhile, but that's also because i play less console shooters.

#41 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

provide examples then. show me a user that got banned on xbl because of this

it's in the code of conduct. and i already showed they will ban users for cursing based on that code of conduct

haha so no examples? i dont care if its their code of conduct because they never enforce it. and even if they choose to im guessing their woudl be a procedure they go through unlike pc where if a mod doesnt like what u say boom banned/muted

Except they do enforce the code of conduct for inappropriate use of voice system

why shouldn't a server mod be allowed to enforce the server rules?

wow still no examples. since u seem to think they do, find an example of someone being banned over this.

all servers should be monitored by the developer and run with the rules they set not some random idiots who make their own rules

#42 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

provide examples then. show me a user that got banned on xbl because of this

it's in the code of conduct. and i already showed they will ban users for cursing based on that code of conduct

haha so no examples? i dont care if its their code of conduct because they never enforce it. and even if they choose to im guessing their woudl be a procedure they go through unlike pc where if a mod doesnt like what u say boom banned/muted

Except they do enforce the code of conduct for inappropriate use of voice system

why shouldn't a server mod be allowed to enforce the server rules?

wow still no examples. since u seem to think they do, find an example of someone being banned over this.

all servers should be monitored by the developer and run with the rules they set not some random idiots who make their own rules

well that happens on consoles.

#43 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib: ? wat happens

#44 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib: ? wat happens

"some random idiots who make their own rules"

#45 Posted by Zelda187 (856 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Nope, its made it better. Now I dont have to listen to all the stupid asshole online and can just talk to my friends.

This

#46 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib: ? wat happens

"some random idiots who make their own rules"

wat? servers on consoles are played by the rules the devs set, on pc the servers rules are what the mod sets

#47 Posted by lostrib (36931 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib: ? wat happens

"some random idiots who make their own rules"

wat? servers on consoles are played by the rules the devs set, on pc the servers rules are what the mod sets

tell that to BF3 users

#48 Posted by jwsoul (5297 posts) -

Ive never spoken to strangers on the internet much.

#49 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4624 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib: ? wat happens

"some random idiots who make their own rules"

wat? servers on consoles are played by the rules the devs set, on pc the servers rules are what the mod sets

tell that to BF3 users

wat are u even talking about? who got banned in bf3 after talking shit?

#50 Posted by mems_1224 (47132 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib: ? wat happens

"some random idiots who make their own rules"

wat? servers on consoles are played by the rules the devs set, on pc the servers rules are what the mod sets

tell that to BF3 users

waaaaaaaaah no stingers, ace weapons, slams/land mines, using vehicles or your guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!