Has Nintendo sold you on the 3DS yet?

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="ZetA_LatA"]main featureBlabadon
lol okay now

I would say it is when it comes to hardware. Since psp already had 1 analog and vita has a better touchscreen.
#102 Posted by Epak_ (8837 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

3DS is becoming better than PS1 and N64 combined

And those are my top systems of all time

Imagine a system that would have both FF9 and Zelda, 3DS is the first such system on earth AND does it with next gen graphics and 3D effect on top

And on top of all that it also gets a huge number of super quality amazing other titles like Fire Emblem, Layton etc and offers full DS games compatibility

Aparthide

Pc has both FF9 and Zelda.

True, but not legally.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#103 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="GoldenElementXL"]They sold me twice. Launch 3DS then the 3DS XL. Epak_

Same here, never owned two of the same console before. I'm trying to sell the OG at the moment though, nobody seems to want it. :(

I plan on keeping my OG 3DS when I get a 3DS XL I'm just going to transfer my profile to my XL and then keep my OG one for Trades and so I can always street pass with my self.

#104 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
All in all I'm glad I picked up an XL instead of a Vita.
#105 Posted by loosingENDS (11793 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Imagine a system that would have both FF9 and Zelda, 3DS is the first such system on earth AND does it with next gen graphics and 3D effect on top

And on top of all that it also gets a huge number of super quality amazing other titles like Fire Emblem, Layton etc and offers full DS games compatibility

Aparthide

You missed the point

I meant 3DS is what PS1 and N64 were for their time

Took years for Zelda and FF7-8-9 to be on PC

Like it would take years (or never) for Zelda Link to past 2, Bravely Default etc to be on PC (i doubt the latter will ever be on PC)

FF9 and Zelda are not exclusive to PC and appeared there years after PS1 and N64 originals, so what does that have to do with Bravely Default and 3DS Zelda ?

#106 Posted by trugs26 (7311 posts) -

I've had it since launch, and have enjoyed it since then :) Despite the dry spell in the beginning, there was enough there to keep me occupied. Now it's on fire with the amount of software, and I doubt I can keep up this year.

#107 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (35178 posts) -

Nintendo sold it to me a while ago. Have been enjoying the hell out of my XL.

#108 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Not yet.

#109 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -
I bought a ps vita and 3ds early on and after several months I came to the conclusion that handhelds and their games don't appeal to me. I feel that they provide lesser experiences, so anytime I wanted to play games at home I often chose my pc or ps3 over my handhelds. Taking them outside wasn't even an option unless I was traveling because of the overall bulk of the devices. They just weren't convenient to bring along with me.
#110 Posted by ImJESUS-PROam (360 posts) -
I need games worth getting that will turn me away from the Vita, they are getting there, but they are now spouting re-releases now instead of continuing output. Oh, and they already gave up on the promise of getting more western devs on board.
#111 Posted by Badosh (12761 posts) -
I've bought 2.
#112 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

I plan to buy one pretty soon--right after I pay off a bill from my car mechanic. 

#113 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25162 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] 3DS... below $99? The DSi just went to $99 last year.Bigboi500

Then no 3DS, no big deal im not missing much, they'll release pokemon on the next DS handheld like always so till the next handheld lol

3DS has great RPGs like Rune Factory 4, Eterian Odyssey 4, Soul Hackers, SMT IV, Bravely Default: FF, DQVII Remake. How can you say you're "not missing much"? If those games were on a Sony platform you'd make a ton of threads about how good they'll be.

It's finalstar, anything not Sony but good he bashes by saying he will wait for a cheaper price.
#114 Posted by clr84651 (5627 posts) -

Nintendo has sold me on the fact that they're clueless when it comes to making consoles, but on nothing else. 

#115 Posted by ZetA_LatA (114 posts) -

No. The 3D messes with my eyes and spending money on a system where the main feature is more harmful than good won't happen. 

#116 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

No. The 3D messes with my eyes and spending money on a system where the main feature is more harmful than good won't happen. 

ZetA_LatA

You can just turn it off. I've played 3DS games on a friend's system and never once have I felt as if the 3D effect was a necessary element to the game. 

#117 Posted by Blabadon (32814 posts) -
main featureZetA_LatA
lol okay now
#118 Posted by Blabadon (32814 posts) -
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"] I would say it is when it comes to hardware. Since psp already had 1 analog and vita has a better touch screen.

Nah, I'd like to say that the main feature of any gaming system is the games. The 3D was one of its biggest selling points/gimmicks, but in no way should its inclusion stop anyone informed from not making a purchase.
#119 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] I would say it is when it comes to hardware. Since psp already had 1 analog and vita has a better touch screen.

Nah, I'd like to say that the main feature of any gaming system is the games. The 3D was one of its biggest selling points/gimmicks, but in no way should its inclusion stop anyone informed from not making a purchase.

Notice I said when it comes to hardware since that is what the discussion was about. But you are right games are the main reason we own these systems.
#120 Posted by immortality20 (8535 posts) -

Yep, it's the only Nintendo system I'll be playing this generation. 

#121 Posted by Link3301 (2001 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Aparthide

No it doesn't.

#122 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

lol, it'll be funny--if I do end up picking a 3DS up, it'll be the first time I've stepped into a gamestop since BF3 was released; I thought installing it via DVD would be quicker :roll:

#123 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -

Of course. I just don't have the money for one right now.

Michael0134567
#124 Posted by DivineSword (15833 posts) -

Give me a price drop then I will be on board.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
#125 Posted by REVOLUTIONfreak (18279 posts) -

I've had a 3DS since Day One. It's a great system. That being said, its library is nothing compared to what the DS had at this point in its life cycle.

#126 Posted by Newhopes (4748 posts) -

Bought one just before christmas already bought 5 game for it.

#127 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Nintendo sold me on it months ago, but they have not sold one to me yet :(

There are about 20 games I'd play (not that I'd have time to play them all I'm sure), and plenty more coming.

whiskeystrike

20 o.O

20 games I have interest in, and if I did not have my PC (in all of its awesomeness it actually can satisfy 100% of my gaming time), and if I had money, and time, I'd probably buy them all.

If I got a 3DS I'd realistically get around to maybe a handful of them :P But still worth it to me :)

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#128 Posted by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

No. Its overpriced.

#129 Posted by ItsEvolution (2593 posts) -
Yeah, there's finally enough games I'd play to make it worth owning one. Though I still prefer my Vita over my 3DS.
#130 Posted by Link3301 (2001 posts) -

3DS never got my atention, way to small even for a handheld ! 

DISSESHOWEDO

-Looks at GBA SP

wut?

#131 Posted by Link3301 (2001 posts) -

Yes, Nintendo has sold me. Unfortunately, I don't have the money yet. I really want to play Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land. I also am looking forward to Pokemon X and Y, and Bravely Default.

#132 Posted by Quaker-w00ts (1646 posts) -

I was looking for the zelda special edition 3ds just a day ago.

It was growing on me then I came to my senses.

#133 Posted by Seabas989 (12791 posts) -

I'm getting one this summer.

#134 Posted by sonic_spark (5331 posts) -

Yes they did.  I'll pick one up toward the end of the year.

#135 Posted by loosingENDS (11793 posts) -

I've had a 3DS since Day One. It's a great system. That being said, its library is nothing compared to what the DS had at this point in its life cycle.

REVOLUTIONfreak

But i guess with Layton Azran, Bravely Default and a new Zelda will go way ahead of anything DS did in its whole life time

#136 Posted by tionmedon (468 posts) -

no...............

#137 Posted by locopatho (22698 posts) -
Yes, they have. Haven't handheld gamed since Gameboy Color with Pokemon Blue and Link's Awakening. But dam there's just too much quality to miss.
#138 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -
have been sold the day Pokemon X/Y was announced. too bad i don't have the money :(