Has Nintendo sold you on the 3DS yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

it did, then it lost me, then it sold me again, then it lost me and so on

#2 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Technically they had me sold since day one, but that 3DS got stolen less than a month later. I bought my 2nd 3DS last year, and I can safely say I don't regret that purchase, nor any of the games I've bought for it.

#3 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2461 posts) -

Lol

Oh I ment hell yeah.

#4 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

I already have one. But I'm considering a XL. King_Dodongo
The XL is pretty awesome. I made the upgrade and haven't looked back since. I still sort of wish I kept my old one so I could play two Pokemon files at once :(

#5 Posted by GIXX3R (141 posts) -

I bought a 3DS XL last month solely for Fire Emblem Awakening and I was not disappoinited. Everything else is icing on the cake.

#6 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

3DS XLs go for roughly $240-250 here in Australia while Vita bundles go for $250 with a Game and Memory Card, even EB Games had a Vita sale for $200. 

Personally its price is alittle too much at the moment for my to snag one, I keep leaning over the edge to get one then back off. My issue is since PC is my main platform I have been spoiled by Game Sale's, I love the Vita cause with PS+ I get games every month for $50 a year that's a Steal. However 3DSXL here is expensive same with the games, issue I have always had with Nintendo their games almost never drop in price or go on Sale, basically im a tight a$$ :P

Still not convinced there are enough MUST HAVE games for me to buy one yet, wish Nintendo had Eshop+. My Perfect world would be Sony Hardware with the First Part Support of Nintendo and Third Party. One can Dream :(

Edit: Checking Jb Hi FI Zleda OoT 3DS is still $65 same with alot of old 3DS games..see shit like that annoys me the Games never drop in Price.

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (61548 posts) -

Simple question: the 3DS's library in 2013 was already absolutely bursting at the seams, and then Nintendo went ahead and announced more stuff like Zelda: A Link to the Past 2, Yoshi's Island 3DS, Bravely Default, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies, Mario Party, along with continued support of services like the Virtual Console, not to mention games we already knew about like Shin Megami Tensei IV, Project X Zone, Animal Crossing, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, and Pokemon X and Y... in addition to the games that were already out on the system including Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Resident Evil, Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart...

Have they sold you on the 3DS by now?

#8 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Of course. I just don't have the money for one right now.

#9 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

They did with Fire Emblem and the $160 sale for an XL. 

There will be no shortage of games to play for me. 

#10 Posted by lamprey263 (25570 posts) -
yup, I got one a couple months back, and so glad I did
#11 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -

If they announce a new Ouendan!/Elite Beat Agents and some other stuff like Ace Attorney...then yeah.

So far not yet.:P

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (43443 posts) -
Nope. I have no reason to purchase one.
#13 Posted by Blabadon (28424 posts) -
I bought a 3DS. Enjoyed it. Bought games for it. Somehow enjoyed it less. Stopped using it. Borrowed Fire Emblem. No other system matters now
#14 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2279 posts) -

Yep just went to Nintendo World and got 10 streetpass tags.  Living the dream :)

#15 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

Yep. They obviously are just releasing the same shit since 1985 so I am not interested.

#16 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

Im sold, I bought a $250 3DS then traded it in and spent an extra $100 on the red 3DSXL. Worth every penny.

#17 Posted by spike6958 (5079 posts) -
They sold me the day they announced they where releasing a new handheld. But yes, If I wasn't someone who felt they needed to by Nintendo's handheld systems at launch, I would pretty much be buying one sometime between now and September. A lot of great games have already released for the system, and some of the titles that are coming look so much better than anything released on home consoles these days. Honestly, if support for the 3DS continues along this path, I might not even buy a next-gen console.
#18 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
2013 is looking great
#19 Posted by vguy555 (4625 posts) -

Definitely will get one before Pokemon X and Y come out.

#20 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6868 posts) -

Of course. I just don't have the money for one right now.

Michael0134567
#21 Posted by Heirren (18921 posts) -
It's a shame the console itself wasn't designed better.
#22 Posted by loosingENDS (11793 posts) -

I only needed Bravely Default for that, this game alone makes 3DS my best console of all time

Especially since it also has Zelda

#23 Posted by blackace (21405 posts) -
Yeah, I just picked up Luigi's Mansion 2. Will pick up a few more soon. I've had my 3DS since day one. I also have an extra one that I will probably give to my daughter once she's old enough to use it. It's a bit too late to sell it now. I might pick up an XL somewhere down the road.
#24 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

I suppose it has some fun things to play at the moment.

Bout the only thing I'm really curious about is Fire Emblem, although the massive overblown praise for this game makes me wonder if folks have played Fire Emblem prior to it.  I expect nothing but more of the same.  I do however have a great interest in what the eShop has to offer.

I guess Nintendo has sold me, but I'm hesitant to actually commit to one.  I normally don't enjoy handheld gaming, haven't owned a handheld since the GBA, but I suppose 3DS will be worth the risk.

#25 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

yeah, have owned one for a year this may. played some great games on it with a lot more to come.

Between the 3DS and Vita I'm loving the handhelds. I play them more than my PS3 atm.

#26 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
Not quite yet. Shin Megami Tensei IV might change that. We'll see.
#27 Posted by King_Dodongo (3382 posts) -
I already have one. But I'm considering a XL.
#28 Posted by the9thinning (653 posts) -
Yep. I was sold back in March 2011.
#29 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18416 posts) -
I don't have a 3DS.. recently been debating on buying one but I'll probably hold off.
#30 Posted by King_Dodongo (3382 posts) -

[QUOTE="King_Dodongo"]I already have one. But I'm considering a XL. RyanShazam

The XL is pretty awesome. I made the upgrade and haven't looked back since. I still sort of wish I kept my old one so I could play two Pokemon files at once :(

Some chaps told the sound is worse than in the OG. That's what is holding me back basically.
#31 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10503 posts) -
literally zero interest in the 3DS. I look at the 3DS and its like looking at a toaster
#32 Posted by The_Power_of_X (550 posts) -

Hand helds just don't do it for me. When I am out the last thing on my mind is video games. Besides what would be the point of getting one when I have a perfeclty functional 360 and Laptop at home? So to answer the topic question: no.

#33 Posted by King_Dodongo (3382 posts) -
literally zero interest in the 3DS. I look at the 3DS and its like looking at a toasterNengo_Flow
Yup, it sells like bread! And with the awesome library to boot!
#34 Posted by lundy86_4 (44311 posts) -

I'm enjoying mine.

#35 Posted by King_Dodongo (3382 posts) -

I suppose it has some fun things to play at the moment.

Bout the only thing I'm really curious about is Fire Emblem, although the massive overblown praise for this game makes me wonder if folks have played Fire Emblem prior to it.  I expect nothing but more of the same.  I do however have a great interest in what the eShop has to offer.

I guess Nintendo has sold me, but I'm hesitant to actually commit to one.  I normally don't enjoy handheld gaming, haven't owned a handheld since the GBA, but I suppose 3DS will be worth the risk.

MLBknights58
If gba was your last handheld, you will enjoy 2 libraries with the 3DS. Also, Awakening is more than "more of the same".
#36 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

3DS never got my atention, way to small even for a handheld ! Although i'm a proud Vita owner i do miss some mario from time to time. The 3DSXL is much more to my liking and i'm considering getting one on the next paycheck !

#37 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

Hand helds just don't do it for me. When I am out the last thing on my mind is video games. Besides what would be the point of getting one when I have a perfeclty functional 360 and Laptop at home? So to answer the topic question: no.

The_Power_of_X

Different kinds of games available. 

Mostly for the Japanese support that isn't present on consoles and outside of emulators pretty much nonexistent on PC.

#38 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -

nope

#39 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Technically they had me sold since day one, but that 3DS got stolen less than a month later. I bought my 2nd 3DS last year, and I can safely say I don't regret that purchase, nor any of the games I've bought for it.

1PMrFister

strangle.gif

#40 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]

k2theswiss

strangle.gif

I don't get it.

#41 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]

whiskeystrike

strangle.gif

I don't get it.

someone stole his ds!
#42 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9520 posts) -
yehT deen emos doog semag erofeb yeht lles em no taht egabrag. [spoiler] They need some good games before they sell me on that garbage. [/spoiler]
#43 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]yehT deen emos doog semag erofeb yeht lles em no taht egabrag. [spoiler] They need some good games before they sell me on that garbage. [/spoiler]

Fvck your backwards spelling and your stupid comment.
#44 Posted by mems_1224 (48570 posts) -
Sold me on it a while ago.
#45 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9520 posts) -
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]yehT deen emos doog semag erofeb yeht lles em no taht egabrag. [spoiler] They need some good games before they sell me on that garbage. [/spoiler]

Fvck your backwards spelling and your stupid comment.

t'noD etah em esuac uoy t'nia em. [spoiler] Don't hate me cause you ain't me. [/spoiler]
#46 Posted by The_Power_of_X (550 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Power_of_X"]

whiskeystrike

Different kinds of games available. 

Mostly for the Japanese support that isn't present on consoles and outside of emulators pretty much nonexistent on PC.

I don't see myself playing too many japanese games honestly. Hand helds are not for me.

#47 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I purchased one in November of 2011 and I plan on purchasing an XL on Tuesday or Wednesday.

#48 Posted by finalstar2007 (25976 posts) -

Nope.. 3DS has nothing that interest me other than the new pokemon ( which is still the exact same thing i played when i was a kid, capture pokemons, gym and tournament ).

i'll wait for Black Friday deals tho and if dosent go below $99 then i'll only settle with the PS4 this year in terms of new hardware

#49 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

More 1980s rehashes *yawns*

#50 Posted by Epak_ (7023 posts) -

Some chaps told the sound is worse than in the OG. That's what is holding me back basically. King_Dodongo

The speakers aren't as loud, they made 'em smaller so they wouldn't be on the screens way. Just use a pair of headphones when you feel the volume isn't enough. It's hardly an issue imo.

They sold me twice. Launch 3DS then the 3DS XL. GoldenElementXL

Same here, never owned two of the same console before. I'm trying to sell the OG at the moment though, nobody seems to want it. :(