Has Microsoft turned it around and gaining steam?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

I see alot more positive sentiment going lately about their system. It seems that xbox one has been a lighting rod of attention. Both positive and alot negative. Seems tho the positive is coming more as we get closer to launch. Will it continue? Or is it dead on arrival like some here suggested?

#2 Posted by Chutebox (36979 posts) -

Turn it around? Yes.

Gaining steam? No

#3 Posted by GravityX (712 posts) -

@XBOunity: I think if you are on these forums and depend on the information provided here you will come away with inaccurate portrayal of X1, however anyone that takes the time to research and get the facts will know what's up.

#4 Edited by bobbetybob (19249 posts) -

The only people who think it's dead on arrival live in a fantasy world where Kaz Hirai serves them Piña colada's in DS4 shaped glasses. Will it be beaten by the PS4? Almost definitely. Will it sell enough to last the entire generation and continue getting third party support? Yup.

#5 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@XBOunity: Turned it around for sure. Still lost my day one preorder a while back, but nothing a Halo can't fix.

#6 Edited by 5dlrbill (90 posts) -

I think the Xbox1 is going to do great.

#7 Posted by TheEroica (13386 posts) -

Viva la xbox... Its starting off this gen with an awesome launch lineup of exclusive killer apps... The competition is tripping out of the gate. well played Don Mattrick... Well played

#8 Posted by xxyetixx (1272 posts) -

Xbox 1 actually lost steam with me when they went and changed everything about their console after E3 and all the whiners. They had a plan and vision in mind and now like the PS4 the DRM is up to the devs and I'd of rather had a set policy and seen if what MS wanted to do could have really changed console gaming.

#9 Posted by cainetao11 (17314 posts) -

@GravityX said:

@XBOunity: I think if you are on these forums and depend on the information provided here you will come away with inaccurate portrayal of X1, however anyone that takes the time to research and get the facts will know what's up.

so true. many here want to believe "they know" but truth is, there are biased opinions all over boards. Search, read, decide, for yourself.

#10 Posted by Basinboy (11085 posts) -

Yes, it's no longer tainted by original sin

343i better fix Halo, otherwise PC will serve me just fine

#11 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

I think the bleeding has finally stopped, but its reputation has been majorly tarnished.

The problem is that the best-looking games for either system right now are actually multiplats like BF4, CoD:G, NBA:2K14 and AC4.

Hate them all you want - THEY will be the top-sellers, with maybe some room for Killzone, just because it's a shooter too.

Microsoft really needed a Halo game for the launch to battle Killzone.

Forza, Dead Rising 3 and RYSE won't sell as well as those multiplats will.

#12 Edited by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@XBOunity: To lems? yes

To everyone else? No

#13 Edited by j_assassin (900 posts) -

if m$ have halo at launch it will help them...man, lemmings are sure working very hard typing on the internetz 24/7 to convince people to buy xbone

#14 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Sadly lemmings never learn and they won't let this harmful poison know as xbone die. Hopefully only Americans will fall for it this time, I think the rest of the regions know better already.

#15 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I think the amount of momentum Playstation has at the moment is unquantifiable.

The momentum keeps flowing, no matter what. We are not ramping down. We're just getting started. Nothing stops this train.

#16 Posted by Couth_ (10058 posts) -

They definitely turned it around. Hard to say how much steam they have without access to the sales numbers

#17 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7790 posts) -

It'll be dead in 6 months. Xbone is done.

Might as well call it the Xdone.

#18 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

They have turned their policies around and gained no steam at all. Actually it seems with every 180 they make they help to sell more PS4s instead of Xbone. Lemmings are the only ones thinking that MS is gaining ground, everyone else is pointing and laughing.

#19 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2144 posts) -

They have fixed a lot of things that should have never even existed that's for sure, gaining steam? No, everyone around me, especially people who were die-hard Xbox 360 fans have switched to PS4. They don't want to trust Microsoft because they have seen what could have been, and who's to say it won't in the future?

#20 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

They've fixed most of the things people were complaining about but the brand was greatly damaged.

#21 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@crimsonman1245: I agree but I feel that they are hungry. Reminds me of 2007 when they will throw money at games like nothing. Mattrick really was a poor executive. Lot of hungry people in microsoft land. I thibk cboat was fired too and thats a very good thing. That guy is a cancer on a team.

#22 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6707 posts) -

Is it MS gaining steam or Sony dropping the ball. Lets examine how Sony's doing.

Delays

Redline of death

Killzone just got a massive downgrade or massive fog upgrade (depending on how you look at it)

Cows in denial

#23 Edited by YD_11 (1742 posts) -

They've stopped the bleeding and are gaining momentum. I think the real shift could come when the two systems' kiosks going side by side for people to see the differences between them

#24 Posted by Chutebox (36979 posts) -

Is it MS gaining steam or Sony dropping the ball. Lets examine how Sony's doing.

Delays

Redline of death

Killzone just got a massive downgrade or massive fog upgrade (depending on how you look at it)

Cows in denial

Literally everything you just said was false.

#25 Posted by KarateeeChop (4597 posts) -

yes. sony can no longer keep up with their lies and they're rapidly losing their fanbase. i don't think i've ever seen a console's preorder numbers go backwards so fast. the ps4 has certainly done the impossible.

#26 Posted by Phazevariance (10942 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Delays

Redline of death

Cows in denial

Literally everything you just said was false.

Literally everything YOU just said was false.

#27 Posted by Chutebox (36979 posts) -

@Phazevariance: red line of death is bs, confirmed.

KZ was upgraded, confirmed.

Sony has 1 delay, so saying delays is false, confirmed.

Cows really have nothing to be in denial over. ..yet.

Thanks

#28 Posted by charizard1605 (56864 posts) -

They have certainly made strides since E3, but they have squandered all the forward momentum they had going into this gen from the Xbox 360. It's amazing, really.

#29 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Not really.

#30 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

merely back at square 1

#31 Posted by sebbi11 (1190 posts) -

Yep, Ryse shattered the dream of 50%, first reports of P2P and "listen servers" servers on Sonys next gen payed for online service, now is starts to sink in how the launch window line up looks that much better on x1, Sonys big racing game got delayed... its getting interesting for sure.

#32 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

If the "steam" is ur useless threads you make, then ye... heaps of steam.

#33 Posted by McStrongfast (4270 posts) -

They inarguably turned things around with all those 180's following those disastrously awful first couple of weeks.

But let's say that slurging stool in someone's face and then wiping it off with a moist towelette doesn't really set things right.
I have little faith in the future of the Xbox One as a console for people who primarily want to use it for games. I have little faith in other functions ever receiving the same attention in my region as in primary markets. Basically I have little faith in Microsoft giving a shit about me with this product.

#34 Posted by Micropixel (881 posts) -

There is no way to know the answer to this UNTIL their console launches and runs it's course. Anything else is pure speculation.

#35 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -
#36 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Thanks

This try harder Lems lol

#37 Posted by MonsieurX (29980 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Thanks

This try harder Lems lol

Try harder cow

#38 Posted by StormyJoe (5115 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

I see alot more positive sentiment going lately about their system. It seems that xbox one has been a lighting rod of attention. Both positive and alot negative. Seems tho the positive is coming more as we get closer to launch. Will it continue? Or is it dead on arrival like some here suggested?

No cow is going to agree with you. Just take comfort that when the XB1 is outselling PS4 in NA, their heads will explode...

#39 Edited by Shewgenja (8773 posts) -

Gaining steam compared to being utterly dead in the water? Yes

Gaining momentum on the PS4? Not even close.

#40 Posted by always_explicit (2762 posts) -

Next gen is going to be close just like last gen was. Its a marathon not a sprint. Just buy whichever console has the games you want to play, or the one that offers products and services you want.

#41 Posted by tdkmillsy (1315 posts) -

The worst is over for Xbox One

The worst is yet to come for PS4

#42 Posted by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

Not really, its just Sony are losing a bit of steam right now. I think both consoles will struggle in the first year, especially as most games will already be available on current consoles, meaning there isn't much reason for the average consumer to own either. As the years go on however I think both will do fine, despite over-reactions from a lot of people on here.

#43 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25644 posts) -

We're supposed to say "yes", I assume.

#44 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@tdkmillsy: yeah well ms has went through alot and sony just laid back. Now pressing questions start to come for sony

#45 Posted by Heil68 (43939 posts) -

Well after their abortion of a reveal and getting knocked the fvck out at E3, then doing so many 180's we lost track you mean?

Any turn around can be contributed to Sony and their by gamers for gamers mantra that MS desperately is trying to follow.

I would like to give a quick shout out to Sony for making the Xbone tolerable for lemmings everywhere. That is LOVE folks.

Thank you Sony.

#46 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Yes and Yes. But its a uphill battle online, which is fine. MS has stated, as have Sony, the next gen wars is a long marathon and not a sprint. But in terms of momentum the press in recent weeks has taken a turn for the positive for MS, and their launch lineup is, in my opinion, vastly superior to Sony's. People seem t forget that the PS3 got back in the race after a bad launch in 3 or 4 years. MS hasn't launched yet and are picking up steam. Then there's this, in the same time period since August here in the US the Xbox One has garnered more pre-orders than the PS4, even though overall the PS4 leads. So while worldwide they have a long way to go likely, on the home-front things are def picking up.

Article qoute: "In the US alone, the PS4 has gained 125,000 pre-order unites since August 24th, 2013 through October 19th, 2013. That puts the PS4 at a total of 725,000 units pre-ordered in the US alone. Microsoft’s Xbox One console has been catching up, adding 175,000 pre-order units in the same time period according to the site. That places the Xbox One at 525,000 pre-orders.”

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251359/ps4-vs-xbox-one-us-pre-orders-update-xbox-one-gains-ground/

To say MS is not slowly turning things around would be a real fanboy statement to make.

#47 Edited by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

No, it's not gaining steam... however, now, after the "180" move by MS, controversies about X1 aren't running rampant anymore, so you could say Sony lost some of its steam, with the consumers more receptive towards Sony criticism over things like a very underwhelming launch line-up.

Over the last few months, Sony was heavily playing the "consumer friendliness" card, but they can't rely on that anymore, as PS4 and X1 policies are more or less identical at this point.

#48 Edited by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

Not really, its just Sony are losing a bit of steam right now. I think both consoles will struggle in the first year, especially as most games will already be available on current consoles, meaning there isn't much reason for the average consumer to own either. As the years go on however I think both will do fine, despite over-reactions from a lot of people on here.

Isn't that always the case with generational transitions?

That's why it's important to appropriately price the system on release, while offering some worthwhile exclusive launch titles, and backing it all up with strong marketing.

Else, you get a Vita, or a Wii-U.

#49 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@shawn30: A couple of preorders on the US alone (xbone territory) is nothing to be excited about. I doubt the rest of the world is so forgiving and that's a good thing.

#50 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5113 posts) -

@XBOunity: Nope. They damage controlled but people have made up their minds. It's still a shitty expensive console