Has FF finally been beaten?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="ShaneBeck"][QUOTE="Dencore"]WTF Dragon Quest has been killing Final Fantasy for years. And in Japan DQ always outsells FF. Play DQ VIII it blows FFXII away. Oh wait but most non hardcore RPG gamers don't know that, so....NuclearFreedom

I agree:D

Seriously DQ VIII = RPG perfection.

thats your opininon but i think Chrono Trigger=RPG Perfection

CT = Instant win.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#52 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
I'm not going to deny that other games might be good and even comparable to FF but you have to remember that FF continually defines the genre and any major attempt to take it down might just be seen as a FF knock off, similar to how people feel about Saints Row and Crackdown when paired with GTA.

Let me note that SE RPGs in general have been outstanding, FF just seems to be the most popular these days.
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
FF was beaten by Dragon Quest.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
all these people saying blue dragon isnt that good have you even played it?
beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
the thing is, FF has amazing storylines. especially FF8 and FF10. if another game can bring me back to those times then id play it.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
all these people saying blue dragon isnt that good have you even played it?Dahaka-UK
have you?
GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
While it'll be tough for any company to try and beat the FF series, Blue Dragon looks like it has a very, very good chance of being successsful. firemarX
With 3 Discs......
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]all these people saying blue dragon isnt that good have you even played it?Hewkii
have you?

no I haven't but thats not my point.. I'm not the one giving out false opinions on games I haven't even played.
spazmaticmof0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 spazmaticmof0
Member since 2005 • 1406 Posts
No game will beat FF, Blue Dragon will probably get close though.
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
it will be beat when microsoft launches the halo rpg because it pwnzz!!! microsoft power!!!! btw, i'm oneof the 12 yearolds on xbox live that is annoying just like 90 percent of the xbl people are.
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
In all honesty i don't think the series can be beaten.and i mean by an rpg released in the same year,so not comparing blue dragon too ff6 for example.However if a rpg were to at least compete with a final fantasy game released aroudn the same time,i think this is going to be the year for it too happen,with Lost Odyssey,it is being made by the creater of the Final Fantasy series after all.

Now i'm not going to say blue dragon,even though it looks like a triple A JRPG,it's anime and therefore there both two different games.

So maybe Lost Odyssey can beat ff13,but right now i highly doubt it will/can,but you never know.
Dm1uciano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Dm1uciano
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts
I'm huge FF fan,

But thanks thanks Mistwalker,

I can now play FF quality JPRGs on my 360,

Along with other varieties of RPGs like Oblivion, Two Worlds, Mass Effect and Bioshock.
homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]Lost Odyssey has the highest chance, Blue Dragon looks okay too. Eternal Sonata doesn't interest me, but my favorite game will always be FFVIII.

Lost Odyssey looks great!
AfterShafter

Nothing shows a true open minded, unbiased person like them informing everyone what their favorite game will always be...

Seriously though, FFVIII? That's the undisputed lowest point in the series for me. VII and IX were both way, way better for the PS.

What is this? I leave the loop of the forums for a few months and all of a sudden everyone has a problem with FFVIII. The game was great; it had a very good story, it left the super-deformed look of past FF's, the Ragnarok man! The Ragnarok! :P Seriously though, while FFVIII is clearly not the best FF, it's certainly not the worst or even one of. Of the traditional FF's I've played, I'd say that dubious honor goes to FFIX (FFX-2 is not traditional. It's not anything).
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#64 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Won't be beaten.
Mystery-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Mystery-
Member since 2007 • 2144 Posts
none of those will.......
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
[QUOTE="Dencore"]WTF Dragon Quest has been killing Final Fantasy for years. And in Japan DQ always outsells FF. Play DQ VIII it blows FFXII away. Oh wait but most non hardcore RPG gamers don't know that, so....

dammit now i have to go play DQ 8...