Has Drive club dropped off the face of the earth? GT7 P..?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Whats going on? i hear less and less talk about Drive club, and it's getting abit ridiculous, I'm sure there putting the hammer down to achieve 60 FPS, but they could atleast be more public about it, some new videos

((Thinking F5 put drive club in it's a place, and they went racing back to the drawing board, n.p.i..))

How about some new screens...not the same old ones, also we have heard very few information about Drive club, none, ....just like ubisofts "the crew" I'm hoping they didn't completely scrap it altogether, and it becomes another GT/Duke nukem,

In GT related news, Gran turismo 7 prolouge and the mysterious Tech demo have been bright to light, (vaguely) In a funny slip of the tounge, A sony insider interviewing a member of the PD team shared some nice little info

plainr_: “I swear Mr. Yamauchi, developing this game better not take half a decade.”

DemonNite: “Are we talking about GT7 or the prologue here ;)”

imo, mark your calenders for 2020....

This all ties up pretty nicely with Kaz saying that GT7 would be released in 2 years, back in 2013, mentioning that the PS4 is incredibly easy to develop for, "a breeze"

Teh cloud?

suuuuuweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

GT sause from GTplanet

GT and DC sawse(dual shockers)

So, with GT on the horizon...and Drive club no where to be seen...

Have they given up hope on Drive club, or are they actually working hard, Achieved something amazing..and want to keep it under the rader...pause for dramatic effect, "Speculation take it with a grain or 18 tea spoons of salt"

I'm all for more racing games dammit, My G27 is yearning for a PS4 racer! though GT6 has been keeping it company :). And F5 is keeping me in the next gen "in the know"...but i need more racers!

Thoughts, opinions?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I dont want to hear anything about until they come with a release date, we know it is delayed that is enough.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Bad publicity by Sony, but whatever. I still have $60 down on The Last Guardian.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22630 Posts

Wish Sony didn't lie about how far along their games are in development just to make their launch lineup match up to the competition... Enjoy.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Wish Sony didn't lie about how far along their games are in development just to make their launch lineup match up to the competition... Enjoy.

Proof that they lied? Games hit and miss their original release date all the time. Look at Witcher 3 and GTA 5 for example. A lot of people have said they'd rather have them release a complete product than an incomplete which is sometimes, a broken one.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

I probably will say we will see it at E3 and be surprised there

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

About Drive Club, when none of the early footage showed more than one car on screen I was already skeptical. I think they promised too much and are now struggling to deliver.

About GT, given PD's practice of simply using old assets I don't think it is out of the question for them to release a new version by the holidays. Expect GT6 with a lightly better framerate with more shadows and AA. Anyone expecting them to drop a version with all new assests made specifically for the PS4 (a la the competition) will be disappointed.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Drive Club was another Sony lie.....they put that bs out to try and steal the thunder of Forza knowing they were nowhere near having the game ready.....pathetic.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

I remember when this was gonna be a PSN+(with limited content) game on launch.

Oh well. Stuff gets delayed. Let's hope they will deliver a quality product.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#10 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

Maybe we'll see it at E3? Maybe Last Guardian will be out this year too?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Still have hope for TLG?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Still have hope for TLG?

It was a joke. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Wouldn't surprise me if they're holding onto it for as a VR title for Morpheus.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

It will come out and when it does, I'll be buying it.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Still have hope for TLG?

It was a joke. :P

:(

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Delayed into next gen

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@TheEroica said:

Proof that they lied? Games hit and miss their original release date all the time. Look at Witcher 3 and GTA 5 for example. A lot of people have said they'd rather have them release a complete product than an incomplete which is sometimes, a broken one.

He keeps spamming it over and over again, yet he has no tangible proof at all (just half baked theories). Just ignore the troll and move on.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they're holding onto it for as a VR title for Morpheus.

Shuhei Yoshida said that Drive club won't be a vr title.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Probably wasn't any good and they put it back up on the drawing board. It looked like another ridge racer to me so meh.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

who cares, when is the next Dirt game on its way?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i'm not really interested in driveclub if it has an arcade slant. personally, i think gt would have been a better series to have at launch.

back in the ps2 days i bought a ps2 just to play gran turismo (and then discovered other games, of course).

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

bbbut what about theblack tusk game ? they told me...

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Drive Club was another Sony lie.....they put that bs out to try and steal the thunder of Forza knowing they were nowhere near having the game ready.....pathetic.

Forza could have done with way more development time. The bait and switch MS did was pretty incredible. Surprised no-one sued.

OT: Sony must have a wealth of announcements to make, so I would wait until E3 TC. I'm pretty sure they'll be stealing the show.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The first rule about DelayClub is.............we do not talk about DelayClub!!!!!!!

Truth though the game has been borderline scrapped. The have started from square one and really might not have any idea where to go from there.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Forza could have done with way more development time. The bait and switch MS did was pretty incredible. Surprised no-one sued.

OT: Sony must have a wealth of announcements to make, so I would wait until E3 TC. I'm pretty sure they'll be stealing the show.

What exactly would they be suing for?

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

The DC delay pissed me off but hopefully they're not pulling a Watchdogs and are improving the game.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@TheEroica said:

They clearly lied. Jack Tretton said at E3 it would be a launch title there's no way he didn't know it would miss launch, I highly doubt they overestimated a 4+ Month delay.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

It'll appear when it's ready. I try and forget about games that get delayed without a release date.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator

@TwistedShade said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@TheEroica said:

They clearly lied. Jack Tretton said at E3 it would be a launch title there's no way he didn't know it would miss launch, I highly doubt they overestimated a 4+ Month delay.

This topic evokes so much hate. Whether they did or they didnt'... honestly, it worked on me.

That said,

Enjoying the f&%$ out of Second Son right now.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Maybe driveclub was secretly GT7 all along.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chikenfriedrice

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Not sure what you are talking about with Forza? And I recall Forza 5 score a 9, so it did well with the dev time it had.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Another six months and it might be safe to call it vapourware.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

It makes too much sense for GT7 to be a morpheus launch title. Drive club idk. It looked bad when it was first revealed. Once they delayed and changed it it started looking a lot better but who knows now..

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 misterpmedia

@StrongBlackVine said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

What exactly would they be suing for?

false advertising. It runs in a similar vein to watch dogs reveal and the downgrade that's happened recently.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Not sure what you are talking about with Forza? And I recall Forza 5 score a 9, so it did well with the dev time it had.

I knew you'd bring up scores lol. it's ok you lems can be happy with your downgrades, others will hopefully speak up for you.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Love topics like this. Sony fools people every generation.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

It would've had to be on this earth to fall off this earth so ya know, Sony lies and games die. :P

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chikenfriedrice

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I knew you'd bring up scores lol. it's ok you lems can be happy with your downgrades, others will hopefully speak up for you.

Yah why bring up scores? That's crazy! I would much rather talk about games that have no release dates than play AAA's......you Sony fans will accept anything. Sony could shit in your cereal and you would say thank you Sony for the extra flavor in my lucky charms.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yah why bring up scores? That's crazy! I would much rather talk about games that have no release dates than play AAA's......you Sony fans will accept anything. Sony could shit in your cereal and you would say thank you Sony for the extra flavor in my lucky charms.

Why not just form you own opinion rather than a journalist's opinion score? Have you bought the game, do you own an XB1? What are your thoughts on the bait and switch MS gave you from E3 reveal to finished product? Xbone fans will accept any launch game garbage since they're thirsty enough from being starved in the software desert last gen. The lem hardcore indeed.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chikenfriedrice

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Why not just form you own opinion rather than a journalist's opinion score? Have you bought the game, do you own an XB1? What are your thoughts on the bait and switch MS gave you from E3 reveal to finished product? Xbone fans will accept any launch game garbage since they're thirsty enough from being starved in the software desert last gen. The lem hardcore indeed.

Haha....I own the X1 and the PS4 and a gaming PC....I do form my own opinions.....sounds like my opinion is well more informed than yours lol

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Haha....I own the X1 and the PS4 and a gaming PC....I do form my own opinions.....sounds like my opinion is well more informed than yours lol

Your comment made no sense because all you said was "I have opinions" assumed they're more informed and then didn't give one LOL. I have facts so I don't really need an opinion. The bait and switch is real. It seems you just don't want to comment on it.

I guess you can hide behind your journo scores if you want. I won't judge. :).

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@TheTruthIsREAL: "drive club will be available at launch!!!!"

Drive club is atm, vaporware...

Knowingly or unknowingly, it was misleading.

And don't read to much into it. It's the factors that surround the game that I find fun to speculate on.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Your comment made no sense because all you said was "I have opinions" assumed they're more informed and then didn't give one LOL. I have facts so I don't really need an opinion. The bait and switch is real. It seems you just don't want to comment on it.

Opinions in general about the systems and the games on the systems ( since you don't own an X1 or a PS4?? Do you? )....I didn't know I had to give one right then for you to understand what I mean. Wow......and the bait and switch about what? The X1? They had a plan and I didn't have a problem with that plan but as you know everyone got their panties in a bunch so MS made changes to their console to cater to the gamers that were complaining. What's there to discuss? And I don't know of any bait and switch regarding Forza....the game came out it looks nice it ran in 1080P/60FPS's and scored well across the board ( and yes I played the hell out of the game ). The real bait and switch is a company saying a game will be out at launch and then delaying it til who knows when....guess you don't care about that.

And I guess scores only matter when a PS4 game scores well lol.....so transparent.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I don't expect it's been canned, but it's also not coming before E3, so I imagine the next time we hear about it will be then. Personally I'm not very interested.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Opinions in general about the systems and the games on the systems ( since you don't own an X1 or a PS4?? Do you? )....I didn't know I had to give one right then for you to understand what I mean. Wow......and the bait and switch about what? The X1? They had a plan and I didn't have a problem with that plan but as you know everyone got their panties in a bunch so MS made changes to their console to cater to the gamers that were complaining.What's there to discuss? And I don't know of any bait and switch regarding Forza....the game came out it looks nice it ran in 1080P/60FPS's and scored well across the board ( and yes I played the hell out of the game ). The real bait and switch is a company saying a game will be out at launch and then delaying it til who knows when....guess you don't care about that.

And I guess scores only matter when a PS4 game scores well lol.....so transparent.

The strikeouts are me cutting the waffling from your comment because it served no purpose. The bold and strikeout is you not really understanding what I was asking you. I specifically asked you about the bait and switch MS did with Forza, nothing about the system itself or their original plans, more informed opinions my ass lol. Finally sieving through the bullshit the bold and italicised is what I was actually looking for. It only took about 3 comments to get there. Well done. That's definitely a plus, but I can't help but find that you're ignoring the cost it took to get there. I'd be pretty bummed if a game didn't look the way it did when it came out the other end. 1080p60fps is almost bittersweet as it seems you can't have both. False, that is not the real bait and switch, the real bait and switch would be to reannounce driveclub and have it looking worse than the latest gifs(I would link the neogaf gif thread but cbf'd) which I don't think it will. Am I happy they're delaying drive club? No. Did I ever praise that their delaying of driveclub? No. Will it be worth the wait? Yes, personally. Did Forza 5 need more dev time? Yes, personally. They could have easily hit that mark at E3...unless..you know there's some problems with hardware limitations...

That last line had nothing to do with anything, but nice try. :P

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Driveclub will probably get released this year or next.

<--------For those waiting for The Last Guardian (They'll end up like this)