Has Blizzard Made A Remarkable Comeback, Or What?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@lostrib said:

Outside of D3 pissing people off, I didn't realize they were really in trouble. Heck even with D3 problems they seemed to be doing fine

They were never in trouble.

Blizzard was so unimaginably godlike in comparison to almost every other developer that even after their "fall", they still were miles beyond almost everyone else.

I mean, they literally have the gold standard title in THREE genres. WoW is THE MMORPG. Diablo is THE ARPG. Starcraft is THE RTS.

No other developer on the planet comes close to that level of industry spanning domination.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@lostrib said:

Outside of D3 pissing people off, I didn't realize they were really in trouble. Heck even with D3 problems they seemed to be doing fine

Completely agree with you, TC has no clue what he is talking about, Blizzard has been perfectly fine, Starcraft 2, despite the heavy competitive side from MOBAs is still relevant, WoW was never in problems and despite Diablo 3 launch, they were able to fix it, if any, Blizzard is getting better and better.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

The shear thread effort is worth emulating, but I'm not so sure I agree with the premise. Blizzard has always been a heavyweight, even when the most entitled, thickest neck beards cried foul about whatever they could cry foul about.

I don't think they went anywhere and I don't think they had enough of a fall to warrant a thread about a comeback. I think your reasoning is thin.

Edit: Diablo 3 did open the door for other games of the genre, some design choices were quite the departure. They did make some major changes to it and it does play as though it's a different game -- I'll give you that one. Granted, I enjoyed it a lot at first, and a lot MORE after the updates.

Starcraft 2, however, is one of the greatest RTS games of all time. Not only because it's South Korea's national sport, and not only because it's fun regardless of your skill level, and not only because it's highly polished, but because of that unstoppable Arcade. It's outstanding.